Google Nexus 4 - [Ubuntu Touch]
Your opinion on Ubuntu Touch 1.0
Are you going to use UT everyday?
Yes, as a primary system [ 351 ] ** [18,32%]
yes, in dualboot with android [ 434 ] ** [22,65%]
No, the system is still too raw. I will wait for version 2.0 (3.0, 4.0 ...) [ 628 ] ** [32,78%]
not. UT did not like [ 59 ] ** [3,08%]
what is it all about? [ 444 ] ** [23,17%]
Currently UT 1.0 is released for developers and is not recommended for installation on devices of ordinary users. Are you a software developer?
Yes [ 139 ] ** [7,25%]
No, but I have the necessary knowledge and can help developers [ 237 ] ** [12,37%]
No, I went in the hope of seeing the finished installation package and instructions [ 642 ] ** [33,51%]
No, I'm just interested in the topic [ 898 ] ** [46,87%]
Total votes: 1916

Rep: (35)
Google Nexus 4 - Ubuntu Touch

PictureUbuntu Touch Unofficial Firmware
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ |Ubuntu os пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ

Ubuntu you install at your own risk! Neither I nor anyone else is responsible for everything that is written here!

Android applications in Ubuntu do not work and will not work. Use multiboot if you need Android.

Build info:

ubuntu-touch-preview / - builds based on Android, Ubuntu works through the root directory (chroot) as an add-on - therefore the preview.

ubuntu-touch / - builds, based on Ubuntu touch itself, Android here plays only the role of a link and is located in the LXC container.

To see daily releases, you must use the devel-proposed channel: phablet-flash ubuntu-system - channel devel-proposed - boottrain

The easiest way to install on rooted devices is throughMultiROM Managerfrom google play.
MultiROM Recovery and the necessary Ubuntu files are downloaded by the program itself, the only thing that needs to be done manually is to find and flash the kernel with kexec-hardboot patch.
Visit the Multirom thread atXDAfor a list of compatible kernels and additional information.

(Multi-forum XDA) | (Multibut-Official page)

Ubuntu touch development news
Ubuntu touch manager

Stumbled upon an interesting file manager for Ubuntu
Ubuntu Touch Manager is a new, intuitive application for Ubuntu users, allowing them to manage their devices on the Ubuntu Touch mobile platform.
Ubuntu Touch Manager offers screenshots for smartphones / tablets, as well as a tool for downloading and sending files to a device. Ubuntu Touch Manager is a third-party application submitted by the developer Szymon Waliczek.
To install the program into your Ubuntu operating system, the user needs to open a terminal window (keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T) and insert the following commands (successively, pressing Enter after each)
:
All commands to perform from root

sudo add-apt-repository ppa: majster-pl / ubuntu-touch-manager
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install ubuntu-touch-manager
After installation, you need to restart the session,run the program with the sudo parameter otherwise it will not transfer files.

The Ubuntu Touch Manager application supports Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin), Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) and Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringail) operating systems

Screenshots are made via a PC using adb. It is written through the shell (adb shell) - / system / bin / screencap -p /home/phablet/Pictures/screen_.png

Download Ubuntu Touch - Updating builds daily
Ubuntu Touch Installation Instructions
System Setup
Scripts for the system
Firmware for return on Android
What works in Ubuntu Touch

P.S. You can set as the main system, make calls, send SMS, bugs may appear in updates.
Ubuntu Weekly Build Reviews
Video reviews
log caps

• 09/16/13 Added a review of what works and does not work, added scripts to the header
  • 09/17/13 Added script for automated installation of Ubuntu touch with Ubuntu
  • 09/24/13 Updated automated installation script
  • 09/26/13 Added installation instructions for Ubuntu touch via MAC OS, redistributing the news line, updated design.
  • 09/27/13 In the video reviews section I added a video on installing Ubuntu touch
  • 10/4/13 In the video reviews section, added screenshots of the user El Aero, added a description to the instructions how to take screenshots.
  • 10/07/13 Updated the scripts section, adjusted the header.
  • 10/08/13 Added DualBoot installation instructions to the header
  • 10/18/13 Updated the instructions for localizing the system, poravil cap.
  • 10/21/13 On the little things I reworked the cap and added instructions.
  • 10/24/13 Updated instructions
  • 10/25/13 Updated the instructions of the item to synchronize contacts, added logs of new assemblies.
  • 10.28.13 Added video installation instructions in the video reviews section
  • 11/05/13 Added a video on installing MULTIBOOT, added a script UTDBI 2.6
  • 11/13/13 Updated instructions in the header
  • 12/03/13 Added instructions for localizing the keyboard in the header
  • 12/25/13 Changed a bit of design in the header, added and corrected instructions
  • 01/09/14 Added instruction to video reviews section
  • 01/23/14 Added instruction to video reviews section
  • 02/18/14 Added a review of the assembly 02/02/14
  • 02/21/14 Added instructions for updating the system
  • 03/31/14 Changed the instructions for synchronizing contacts with the PC, information in the section that works
  • 04/25/14 Added an add-on for connecting an SD card to the scripts section
  • 10/16/14 Updated installation instructions from under Ubuntu
  • 04/03/15 Added review

Be mutually polite! It’s customary at our forum to say "Thank you" by increasing reputation by clicking on a buttonAttached ImageIf you have less than 15 messages, click on the button.Attached Imageand let us know who helped you, whom to put the "+".

Messages scored -2 ​​are deleted immediately, offtopic will be deleted immediately, read carefully the header.

For questions about filling the caps, contact the curator of the topic.payk27in QMS

Post has been editedpayk27 - 04.04.15, 14:36
Reason for editing: addition of a script header

Rep: (93)
Installing Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 4 from a computer (from Ubuntu)

During installation, all data will be deleted!
I recommend saving all data for their further recovery.

Add PPA
First you need to add the Ubuntu Phablet Tools PPA on a computer with Ubuntu and install some applications. We execute the following commands in turn in the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa: phablet-team / tools
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install phablet-tools android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Unlock device
If the device is already unlocked, go to step # 3. Actions performed will erase all personal data from the device.
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Hold down the power, volume up and volume down buttons at the same time.
  3. When the image of the recumbent robot and the inscription "Start" appears, release the buttons.
  4. Connect your Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.
  5. Start a terminal on the computer and enter the following command to unlock the bootloader:
    fastboot oem unlock

6. On the smartphone screen, confirm the unlock (PressYes)

Initial device setup
  1. Open Settings - About phone (Settings>About Phone).
  2. Find the item "Build Number" (Build Number) and click on it 7 times.
  3. Go back to Settings.
  4. In the settings menu, a new item "For Developers" (Developer), we go into it.
  5. Turn on USB debugging mode.
    Now we need to restart adb in Ubuntu. We execute the following commands in the terminal:
    adb kill-server; adb start-server

After that, you need to reconnect the device to USB (just pull out and connect the cable back). We will have to accept the agreement.

Install Ubuntu Touch Preview
It remains to flash the image. Open a terminal and run:
phablet-flash ubuntu-system --channel devel --bootstrap

Enter confirmation ("yes") and press Enter. After this, the Phablet Tools application will download the latest build for your device and install it. At the same time, as already noted, you will lose all data on the device.
After a while, the device will reboot itself into Ubuntu.

Post has been editedpayk27 - 25.12.13, 03:06

Rep: (8)
I wrote the instruction, to install ubuntu phone from under windows, add it to the header, it will be useful
UBUNTU PHONE BETA (installation from under windows)

All actions you do at your own peril and risk!

1: Download everything below and put everything in any folder. (I have c: / android /)
(these files, besides zip archives, are fastboot)

https://mega.co.nz/#!1d8kVQaA!AYFCD...2I-ynQTHnJK8ISQ
https://mega.co.nz/#!tU0EyZSa!JyVQP...KoiLHcBM-yaOr2A
https://mega.co.nz/#!dBcQATwJ!Keu7X...u5C2BC2_2ADDslI
https://mega.co.nz/#!pdVmmLQC!C8EZ8...TykJyQGn7FNHNm4
https://mega.co.nz/#!lEEBBAjC!Uy1Cv...b5uHjeR8nIY8QYw

2: The file quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip and quantal-preinstalled-armel + mako.zip are uploaded to the phone itself
3: Turn off the smartphone, hold down Volume Down + Power, get into Fastboot mode (DOWNLOAD ON THE TELEPHONE MUST BE UNLOCKED, make it easy, search the Internet, take a couple of minutes)
4: Run the CMD on the computer and set the path where you have fastboot (for example, cd c: / android /)
Write in CMD: fastboot devices and check whether your device was determined. (If not determined, install the driver:Tyts
Next, write in order
cd C: \ android \ adb

fastboot flash recovery quantal-preinstalled-recovery-armel + mako.img

fastboot reboot-bootloader

ping -n 5 127.0.0.1> nul

fastboot flash system quantal-preinstalled-system-armel + mako.img

ping -n 5 127.0.0.1> nul

fastboot flash boot quantal-preinstalled-boot-armel + mako.img

5: Then boot into the recovery (a new one will appear) and install uantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip and quantal-preinstalled-armel + mako.zip
6: all

Here is a mini reviewer:Tyts

Post has been editeddimazippo - 22.02.13, 18:45

Dimazippo @ 02.22.2013, 18:46*
I wrote the instruction, to install ubuntu phone from under windows, add it to the header, it will be useful
Spoiler (+/-)

Here is a mini-reviewer: tyts

I can’t edit any more, for this one: cd C: \ android \ adb is to prescribenot necessary!

Post has been editeddimazippo - 22.02.13, 19:14

Rep: (34)
I used a little UbuntuPhone, so I summarize:
  • The system has a well-thought-out gesture-based control - this is much more convenient than a bucket: yes2:
  • Canonical support is good, the project will evolve.
  • Great responsiveness and speed.

However, to date, I don’t recommend installing a demk — not enough functionality, we haven’t been able to build any applications ... No interface SDK, Unity hasn’t used, so it’s not familiar with its ecosystem. Yes, I did not check for dpkg, and now I’ve already returned to CM. The connection is crooked, it was extremely unstable for me.
Waiting for the next release or source.

Rep: (1)
It is possible to install Ubuntu Phone from under CWM:
1. Download quantal-preinstalled-armel + mako.zip and quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zipDownload here
2. We throw on our Nexus 4
3. Boot into CWM recovery
4. Let's start quantal-preinstalled-armel + mako.zip
5. Then, respectively, quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
6. Profit! ;)

He checked on his device)

Post has been edited$ iLence - 08.03.13, 03:38
Reason for editing: corrected link

Rep: (20)
I tried:
The interface is very nice and smooth, the convenience of pulling the panels from the sides for me personally is questionable,
because The phone in the bumper is inconvenient because of this, but the screen space is saved due to the lack of navigation buttons.
Applications open for quite some time.
The phone is heated like an iron :)

I look forward to a working release!

Post has been editednikitosk - 23.02.13, 17:21

Shadowdancerrr, LG Nexus 4 - Firmware (OS 4.2)
There in the header (in the instructions section) there is a spoiler "Rollback of the Nexus 4 to the factory state", where everything is written

Rep: (13)
Enotka,
in the factory clear.
But is it really restored from backup? (in dogonku: flash through twrp and then recover with its own backup?)

Rep: (524)
ramazan060295, Canoncial said that? :)

Rep: (65)
ramazan060295,
In general, it was a question of how they would lay out the currently available developer preview images. Well, they laid out. In general, I doubt that the official "final" version will be on at least some device that was not originally released under Ubuntu Phone.

Rep: (25)
Ubuntu Touch Unofficial Firmware

they are just official

MurametS @ 3.3.2013, 23:07*
they are just official
official they are in terms of canons
And informal from the point of view of Google and stock 4.2.2

Rep: (13)
darkflexo @ 1.3.2013, 12:06*
Enotka,
in the factory clear.
But is it really restored from backup? (in dogonku: flash through twrp and then recover with its own backup?)

Who cares: did the above, all is well.

Rep: (82)
Happiness has come to us) that's what I said, now Ubuntu is laid out every day, updated every day, but still not completely stable, but the work is onFiles to download

Post has been editedpayk27 - 27.09.13, 04:00

Rep: (4)
Is it possible to put ubuntu, like the second rom on our phone ?? : happy:

Rep: (10)
Loved how done. beautiful. you get used to running fast. I was pleased with the combination of all SMS and messages from social networks in one application.
put through a ubuntu on a computer. When rebooting into the recovery why instead of twrp appeared CWM. Recover from the phone did not work. Poured twrp from the computer. after that restored. Xs why another recovery appeared.

Rep: (34)
andreyk01,
The auto installation script loads custom recovery.

In general, if recovery is not a stock one, then Ubuntu itself can be flashed through it as a normal vedroid firmware, of course, with all the wipes. : yes2:

Rep: (10)
Do you need wipes and which ones when restoring an android backup from twrp?

Rep: (1770)
M
Secured the cap

latest build standards

Post has been editeddimazippo - 09.03.13, 08:51

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/06/19, 10:43 PM