210 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T1C - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8 32 bit, 11.6 ", Atom Z2760, 2GB DDR2, USB 2.0
Elegen
Message#1
02.11.12, 17:13
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 192
Check in: 09.01.13
Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T1C-A02

Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T1C - Discussion
Purchase | Accessories | Games | Samsung ATIV tablets on windows 8 - archive| Windows (8 | 8.1 | 10) | Ubuntu linux | Change the operating system | Search programs | Ambulance laptop owners | IT smoker | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Description
Models existing in the market
500T1C-A02: base model
500T1C-H01: model with 3G, GPS and keyboard included
Distinctive features
- Large screen size: 11.6 inches,
- The presence of a Wacom pen (like the Galaxy Note), which is conveniently stored in a special compartment of the case,
- A full USB 2.0 port for connecting any devices.
- Display high brightness 400 nits.
Otherwise, it largely repeats the technical characteristics of other tablets on this platform.
Specifications
Operating system: Windows 8 32-bit
Screen Size: 11.6 "LED HD
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Processor: Intel Atom Processor Z2760, two cores at 1.8 GHz, HyperThreading technology
Graphics chip: Intel® SGX545 Graphics Media Accelerator
Backlight type: 400 nits SuperBright ™ Plus Technology
RAM: 2 Gb DDR2L
Storage: eMMC 64GB
Wireless modules:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n,
- 3G and GPS (in model 500T1C-H01)
Sound: SoundAlive ™ 1.6W Stereo Speaker (0.8W x 2)
Built-in microphone: yes
Camera: 8 Mp
Front: 2 Mp
Bluetooth: 4.0
Micro HDMI
USB: full size, one on tablet, version 2.0
Headphone and microphone jack (combined).
40W power supply
Battery 2 cell / Li-Po 31Wh
Size 304 x 189.4 x 9.9 mm
Weight 744 g
The weak points of the tablet (if compared with competitors on the Atom Z2760) include the following points
- Big weight: 744 g
- Decent thickness: 9.9 mm
- No extra battery in the keyboard dock.
- The body is made of ordinary plastic, which is easily scratched and can creak in places.
The main differences between Smart PC 500T1C and Smart PC Pro XE700T1C
In fact, the main difference between the two models is that the Smart PC Pro has a significantly more powerful processor and graphics chip. This opens up wide opportunities for launching various games and heavy programs, but it significantly affects the battery life of the tablets: it is almost 2 times less than that of the Smart PC 500T1C. In addition, Smart PC Pro is thicker and heavier than its younger brother, which makes them not so mobile. A powerful processor requires active cooling, and therefore there are fans with Smart PC Pro, which can sometimes make some noise. Read the “Application Scenarios” section to see if you have the power of the Smart PC 500T1C.
Application scenarios
Surfing and social networks: 9/10. Surfing on the Smart PC 500T1C is a pleasure, Internet Explorer 10 is perfectly adapted for fingers, and Flash support allows you not only to watch any videos, but even to play VKontakte. On the big screen fits all the necessary information. Although with social networking applications in the Windows Market is still tight, it does not create problems, because you can fully communicate directly on the site of any of the social networks. The only problem may be the lack of Flash in the mobile version of IE 10, which is why sometimes you have to switch to a “big” browser that is not so well adapted for fingers.
Play Video: 9/10. The tablet easily reproduces any video format, including Flash and mkv, up to 1080p. Thanks to the large screen and the “right” aspect ratio, you can watch movies without black stripes at the edges and at a sufficient distance from yourself.
Work with documents and spreadsheets: 7/10. On this tablet, you can work with all popular document and spreadsheet formats simply by installing MS Office or any other office suite. Unfortunately, using your fingers is not as convenient as on a stationary computer, but you can easily make edits to a document or spreadsheet, and then send them to print if required. The low productivity of iron makes it difficult to process large documents - it takes more time to open them, and with an abundance of patterns, slowdowns can be noticeable.
Work with graphics: 7/10. Smart PC 500T1C can perform both simplest operations with images (cropping, auto-enhancement, applying filters), and more complex ones, thanks to the ability to launch Photoshop. Although such a powerful graphics editor is not always convenient in touch design, armed with a stylus and patience, you can perform all the necessary operations with ordinary photos.
Reading 6/10. Despite the high-quality and bright display, reading books on the Smart PC 500T1C is not very convenient, due to its size and elongated shape. To correct the situation, you can turn the tablet vertically, but it will not fit all before your eyes.
Games 5/10. Unfortunately, the limited hardware of the device does not allow many new games, as well as some old games, to run on the Smart PC 500T1C.
Frequently asked Questions
- Is it possible to replace the hard drive in the ATIV Smart PC 500T1C?
- No, at least in the traditional sense. The disc is soldered to the board.

- What type of SIM card is needed and do the Big Three telecom operators release such cards?
- The format is called MicroSIM. It is used in many modern devices. Not to be confused with NanoSIM in iPhone 5. All operators freely change the usual SIM to MicroSIM. You can also cut it yourself from a regular sim card using a template or a special cutter. And also in the communication shops, “adapters” (plastic frame) are sold for installing such a small card in devices with an old SIM slot of a regular size.
How to improve tablet performance
Disable all interface decorations and smooth transitions.
Go to Control Panel → System and Security → System → Advanced System Settings → Advanced Tab → Parameters Button in the Performance section → Visual Effects Tab → Select the option to Ensure the best performance.
After that, it is recommended to separately increase the font size in the “Personalization” section.

Remove unused standard programs.
You can safely remove Norton Antivirus and use the built-in Windows antivirus from Microsoft. However, if you plan to visit high-risk sites (torrent trackers, sites with free music and videos, and so on, I would recommend installing additional security tools.

You can also uninstall the Support Center, Help Desk, Ease File Share, Norton Online Backup programs if you do not use them. I also deleted Settings and Touch Supporter, but note that these programs have a number of useful features — remove them only if you do not plan to use them.

All listed remote programs can be easily restored using SW Update.

Remove Digitizer Driver
Go to Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs and remove the program called “Tablet ISD”, publisher of “Wacom Technology Inc”.

The effectiveness of this method is still questionable, because there is no accurate evidence of productivity gains. However, some people, including me, say that as a result of removing the digitizer driver, the tablet performance really increases. Driver removal occurs without any loss for the stylus functionality and, if necessary, it is easy to install it back through SW Update.
Additional Information

Post has been editedstp101 - 07.03.18, 16:02
Reason for editing: New cap author, cap Nik2001Nik3006
ilays
Message#22
25.11.12, 19:58
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 06.06.10

Oleggg121, mean honestly. I used to have a transformer from hp. while the lag was more than 500, it was smoother. It is possible to write in principle, but a notebook for lectures, for example, is difficult to replace.
ilays
Message#23
25.11.12, 20:10
User
[offline]

Messages 51

about marriages and problems. With sound, not only I have a problem. in a couple of places found a statement about the loss of sound.
For example
"If you’re trying to get a reboot ... mode and get back to me) "
from herehttp://winsupersite.com/windows-8/samsung-...ions-and-photos.

I mean, it may be worth to wait before buying a 500 (who was going).

when I change, about problems 700 I will also tell)

yet i have to add:
he lives a very long time, even with a good load. That is, using the Internet with a constantly turned on waffle all day without recharging is not a problem.

Post has been editedilays - 25.11.12, 20:23
Oleggg121
Message#24
25.11.12, 21:30
User
[offline]

Messages 63
Check in: 05.01.08
HTC HD2

ilays,But can you learn more about the problem with the sound that you encountered?
ilays
Message#25
25.11.12, 21:49
User
[offline]

Messages 51

at some point the sound is very distorted. Most likely this is a driver problem, on Amazon saw a review, where it says that they are going to fix it.
When you restart, the problem disappears.
Oleggg121
Message#26
26.11.12, 06:43
User
[offline]

Messages 63
HTC HD2

I would be very grateful if someone from the owners of the 500th can compare the work of the stylus in this model and the Samsung note 10.1: smoothness, convenience, input speed and how the tablet copes with handwriting recognition.
Binns
Message#27
26.11.12, 09:49
User
[offline]

Messages 89
Check in: 10.09.11
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

ilays,When you go into the BIOS, is it possible to download the tablet from an external media?
valk1952
Message#28
26.11.12, 20:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 284
Check in: 14.09.08

Today received this tablet. First impressions - thin, moderately comfortable. In the dock (with the keyboard), a smaller one is convenient - some touchpad is indistinct. The system slows down in moderation (as on any netbook, but smaller). Performance index: total - 3.2, by components (in the order that Windows provides standardly): 3.4-4.5-3.5-3.2-5.8. As one would expect, the most brake is the graphics, the fastest is the screw.
The overall impression is good if you abstract from the insanely awkward Tiled Metro interface. Android compared to him - Merc vs Lada. And in terms of speed and convenience and reasonableness.
But when you go to the standard desktop - everything is fine. Very good recognition of tapes, the system perfectly guesses where I wanted to poke a finger. Somehow I indulged with a tablet under Win7 - heaven and earth. Freely on a 64 GB disk about 30 gigs (this is taking into account the fact that 6 gigs was allocated for a separate recovery partition). In general, Vinda, as Vinda. The software is installed, everything works. Given the screen resolution (1366x768) - surfing, working in Word, watching pictures, etc., is much more convenient than on a netbook.
The battery has not yet been discharged, although I have been torturing the tablet for about 5 hours. While the level is 48%.
I wrote a mess, but these are the first impressions ... Once again - in general, it is quite usable, although (after Android) it is inconvenient and unusual. But Android has its own niche, this tablet has its own.
Epharmon
Message#29
27.11.12, 15:40
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 37
Check in: 30.08.08
Nokia Lumia 920

Owners of the 500 model could not test the performance of AutoCad (2009 for example) on your device and the stylus in it
Oleggg121
Message#30
27.11.12, 21:43
User
[offline]

Messages 63
HTC HD2

Yesterday I bought a 500T1C with 3zh. Impressions are good, in general, very satisfied! For most of my tasks, the atom is enough, the battery keeps very cool, there is no cooler. For a short time, there were no problems with 3g, but with the sound there were two jambs, after which I had to reset: both times the sound just disappeared, the volume sliders rose / fell, and there was no sound. See what happens next ...
Now such a question, and about the covers, can anyone tell how soon to wait for branded Samsung covers or any other more or less decent ones? maybe there are some links, because did my search fail?
Uarus
Message#31
28.11.12, 01:38
User
[offline]

Messages 63
Check in: 26.03.12
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 WiFi

Oleggg121,
I, too, often lost sound and did not recognize the stylus! There were other shoals and then in general a complete writer in Arabic after Refresh !!! } -)

--------------------
enot E163a ->sony tablet s1 ->samsung galaxy tab2 7.0 ->samsung smart pc XE500T1C-A02RU - HUAWEI MP10FHD (S10-101w) ->ASUS fonepad 7 " ->SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 "(SM-T311)
Oleggg121
Message#32
28.11.12, 06:53
User
[offline]

Messages 63
HTC HD2

And, someone can tell where snote notes are stored in the .snb format, i.e. in the original form for this program, note templates)?
Binns
Message#33
28.11.12, 08:27
User
[offline]

Messages 89
Check in: 10.09.11
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

And yet, what about the GPS interface in the COM ports in the device manager? Please look at the owners of the 500th model with a 3G modem.
NoN1979
Message#34
28.11.12, 09:01
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2074
Check in: 01.10.06

Binns @ 11/28/2012, 05:27*
And yet, what about the GPS interface in the COM ports in the device manager? Please look at the owners of the 500th model with a 3G modem.

There is a GPS there (GPS / Glonass), on / off controls in the OS itself.

I liked the device very much, surprisingly smart (atom + HSPA version).

The bluestacks didn’t "start up", this is probably not finished for W8.

Almost immediately after the purchase, it fell into the "blue screen" (there were no third-party programs), after updates, everything seems to be ok.

1080p acceleration is present in the DXVA checker, in practice mpc and kmplayer are buggy :( everything is fine with 720p
valk1952
Message#35
28.11.12, 15:53
Local
[offline]

Messages 284
Check in: 14.09.08

Put on a Smart PC (not Pro) Windows 8 Professional. I bought it in the usual way (but not from a tablet, something is not finalized here - it says that in my country you cannot buy an updated version) upgrade for 1290, entered a number, tablet did something, rebooted, activated Windu ... And that was it. There is no less free disk space (maybe 200-500 megs, maybe), I didn’t work slower. I need Windows Pro's Pro version mainly due to remote access and, maybe (see how it goes) Hyper-V.
Oleggg121
Message#36
28.11.12, 21:28
User
[offline]

Messages 63
HTC HD2

The people, what is your opinion, the falling off sound (after a reboot, the sound appears that yesterday, that today I did the reset three times) - is it a marriage of a specific device of mine or a problem with all the drivers? I emphasize that in addition to this, the tablet suits me all: the stylus, 3g - everything is OK! Here in thought, what to do?
Yes, I have a model of 500 with 3zh.
ilays
Message#37
28.11.12, 21:31
User
[offline]

Messages 51

Oleggg121,

exactly updated everything? via the samsung website or swupdate.

Post has been editedilays - 28.11.12, 21:32
Oleggg121
Message#38
28.11.12, 21:53
User
[offline]

Messages 63
HTC HD2

ilays,
Swupdate does not work for me at all - it writes “there is no connection to the server. Check the network operability "while there is an Internet.
And how to upgrade through the site
ilays
Message#39
28.11.12, 21:56
User
[offline]

Messages 51

Oleggg121,

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/p.../XE500T1C-A02US

I do not remember clearly the model number, but everything is there.

About the installation of something else on the tablet, that's what I encountered
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...7f-2065bdb91011

tried MSDN images of standard 8

still
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/3...an-OEM-computer
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/3...ows-8-OEM-Issue

In general, someone might want to try this solution:
1. boot your MSDN w8 dvd
2. press shift + F10 at the end of boot process
3. type the following commands into the cmd window popped up
* diskpart
* list disk
* select disk 0 (please check the output of list disk if not disk 0)
* create part pri size = 40960 (I want to use it)
* assign
* active
* format quick
* detail part (check the letter assigned to the output of the output part)
* quit (go back to cmd)
* bootsect / nt60 e: / mbr (if e is the drive letter, or change it accordingly)
* d: (change to w8 install dvd drive)
* cd source
* x: \ windows \ system32 \ dism / apply-image / applydir: e: \ /imagefile:install.wim / index: 1 (if e is the drive just created)
* bcdboot e: \ windows (if e is the drive just created)
* wpeutil reboot

syntax can be found herehttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...v=ws.10%29.aspx.

Post has been editedilays - 28.11.12, 22:56
Oleggg121
Message#40
28.11.12, 22:34
User
[offline]

Messages 63
HTC HD2

ilays,
Something about the sound of drivers is not there ....
mkpy
Message#41
29.11.12, 00:47
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5281
Check in: 23.05.11

Took today the 5th series with 3G. It seems everything works for now, well, and there we will see. I thought at first to take the 7th series with Core i5, then I looked at how it works on Atom, + 7th series with 3G is not and is not a fact that it will be, at least in the near future. And I decided not to bother and stop at the 5th series. Simka connected without problems, Wi-Fi too. In general, I will look at what's what, but it seems I have found what I need. The only kind of stupid approach to picking. The docking keyboards are not separately, the version without 3G comes without a keyboard, and 3G only with a keyboard. In short, in Samsung as always a mess. ) But I got on some kind of action and got a card for 32 gig of the 10th class for free, and yes even the Samsung mouse into the bargain. What really pleased.

Post has been editedmkpy - 29.11.12, 00:50

210 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19 16:40