210 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T1C - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8 32 bit, 11.6 ", Atom Z2760, 2GB DDR2, USB 2.0
Elegen
Message#1
02.11.12, 17:13
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 192
Check in: 09.01.13
Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T1C-A02

Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T1C - Discussion
Purchase | Accessories | Games | Samsung ATIV tablets on windows 8 - archive| Windows (8 | 8.1 | 10) | Ubuntu linux | Change the operating system | Search programs | Ambulance laptop owners | IT smoker | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Description
Models existing in the market
500T1C-A02: base model
500T1C-H01: model with 3G, GPS and keyboard included
Distinctive features
- Large screen size: 11.6 inches,
- The presence of a Wacom pen (like the Galaxy Note), which is conveniently stored in a special compartment of the case,
- A full USB 2.0 port for connecting any devices.
- Display high brightness 400 nits.
Otherwise, it largely repeats the technical characteristics of other tablets on this platform.
Specifications
Operating system: Windows 8 32-bit
Screen Size: 11.6 "LED HD
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Processor: Intel Atom Processor Z2760, two cores at 1.8 GHz, HyperThreading technology
Graphics chip: Intel® SGX545 Graphics Media Accelerator
Backlight type: 400 nits SuperBright ™ Plus Technology
RAM: 2 Gb DDR2L
Storage: eMMC 64GB
Wireless modules:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n,
- 3G and GPS (in model 500T1C-H01)
Sound: SoundAlive ™ 1.6W Stereo Speaker (0.8W x 2)
Built-in microphone: yes
Camera: 8 Mp
Front: 2 Mp
Bluetooth: 4.0
Micro HDMI
USB: full size, one on tablet, version 2.0
Headphone and microphone jack (combined).
40W power supply
Battery 2 cell / Li-Po 31Wh
Size 304 x 189.4 x 9.9 mm
Weight 744 g
The weak points of the tablet (if compared with competitors on the Atom Z2760) include the following points
- Big weight: 744 g
- Decent thickness: 9.9 mm
- No extra battery in the keyboard dock.
- The body is made of ordinary plastic, which is easily scratched and can creak in places.
The main differences between Smart PC 500T1C and Smart PC Pro XE700T1C
In fact, the main difference between the two models is that the Smart PC Pro has a significantly more powerful processor and graphics chip. This opens up wide opportunities for launching various games and heavy programs, but it significantly affects the battery life of the tablets: it is almost 2 times less than that of the Smart PC 500T1C. In addition, Smart PC Pro is thicker and heavier than its younger brother, which makes them not so mobile. A powerful processor requires active cooling, and therefore there are fans with Smart PC Pro, which can sometimes make some noise. Read the “Application Scenarios” section to see if you have the power of the Smart PC 500T1C.
Application scenarios
Surfing and social networks: 9/10. Surfing on the Smart PC 500T1C is a pleasure, Internet Explorer 10 is perfectly adapted for fingers, and Flash support allows you not only to watch any videos, but even to play VKontakte. On the big screen fits all the necessary information. Although with social networking applications in the Windows Market is still tight, it does not create problems, because you can fully communicate directly on the site of any of the social networks. The only problem may be the lack of Flash in the mobile version of IE 10, which is why sometimes you have to switch to a “big” browser that is not so well adapted for fingers.
Play Video: 9/10. The tablet easily reproduces any video format, including Flash and mkv, up to 1080p. Thanks to the large screen and the “right” aspect ratio, you can watch movies without black stripes at the edges and at a sufficient distance from yourself.
Work with documents and spreadsheets: 7/10. On this tablet, you can work with all popular document and spreadsheet formats simply by installing MS Office or any other office suite. Unfortunately, using your fingers is not as convenient as on a stationary computer, but you can easily make edits to a document or spreadsheet, and then send them to print if required. The low productivity of iron makes it difficult to process large documents - it takes more time to open them, and with an abundance of patterns, slowdowns can be noticeable.
Work with graphics: 7/10. Smart PC 500T1C can perform both simplest operations with images (cropping, auto-enhancement, applying filters), and more complex ones, thanks to the ability to launch Photoshop. Although such a powerful graphics editor is not always convenient in touch design, armed with a stylus and patience, you can perform all the necessary operations with ordinary photos.
Reading 6/10. Despite the high-quality and bright display, reading books on the Smart PC 500T1C is not very convenient, due to its size and elongated shape. To correct the situation, you can turn the tablet vertically, but it will not fit all before your eyes.
Games 5/10. Unfortunately, the limited hardware of the device does not allow many new games, as well as some old games, to run on the Smart PC 500T1C.
Frequently asked Questions
- Is it possible to replace the hard drive in the ATIV Smart PC 500T1C?
- No, at least in the traditional sense. The disc is soldered to the board.

- What type of SIM card is needed and do the Big Three telecom operators release such cards?
- The format is called MicroSIM. It is used in many modern devices. Not to be confused with NanoSIM in iPhone 5. All operators freely change the usual SIM to MicroSIM. You can also cut it yourself from a regular sim card using a template or a special cutter. And also in the communication shops, “adapters” (plastic frame) are sold for installing such a small card in devices with an old SIM slot of a regular size.
How to improve tablet performance
Disable all interface decorations and smooth transitions.
Go to Control Panel → System and Security → System → Advanced System Settings → Advanced Tab → Parameters Button in the Performance section → Visual Effects Tab → Select the option to Ensure the best performance.
After that, it is recommended to separately increase the font size in the “Personalization” section.

Remove unused standard programs.
You can safely remove Norton Antivirus and use the built-in Windows antivirus from Microsoft. However, if you plan to visit high-risk sites (torrent trackers, sites with free music and videos, and so on, I would recommend installing additional security tools.

You can also uninstall the Support Center, Help Desk, Ease File Share, Norton Online Backup programs if you do not use them. I also deleted Settings and Touch Supporter, but note that these programs have a number of useful features — remove them only if you do not plan to use them.

All listed remote programs can be easily restored using SW Update.

Remove Digitizer Driver
Go to Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs and remove the program called “Tablet ISD”, publisher of “Wacom Technology Inc”.

The effectiveness of this method is still questionable, because there is no accurate evidence of productivity gains. However, some people, including me, say that as a result of removing the digitizer driver, the tablet performance really increases. Driver removal occurs without any loss for the stylus functionality and, if necessary, it is easy to install it back through SW Update.
Additional Information

Post has been editedstp101 - 07.03.18, 16:02
Reason for editing: New cap author, cap Nik2001Nik3006
lm80
Message#2
04.11.12, 22:04
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 0
Check in: 02.11.12
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

There were or there are such Dell Latude tablets on win7, as well as acer w500 on win7. I looked at them, but took samsung 7.7 on Android. The tablet is a handy thing, but sometimes I need special programs at hand for my work. For example, Corel, Photoshop, 3DMax. Do not work, but just open the file. And I do not have enough Android (you need to constantly transfer to JPG and upload to the tablet). I will still take the win8 tablet (not the RT version), only I need to choose thoroughly so that I do not warm up, it is light, the charge lasts a long time (6-8 hours) and opens the programs I need. Maybe there are already analogs of samsung ATIV Smart PC from other manufacturers. I don't need a netbook or laptop.
gnawed
Message#3
04.11.12, 22:08
Local
[offline]

Messages 318
Check in: 19.02.11

lm80,
Can you imagine what anguish will be opening Photoshop, and even more so 3DMax - on an atom? And from watching scenes in 3DMax, you'll rip hair on your head. (All said IMHO, did not want to offend anyone)

--------------------
Motorola L7 ->Nokia 5800 ->HTC Desire HD ->Samsung S III LTE GT-I9305 ->Nexus 6P 32G ->Apple iPhone X 64G
Samsung ATIV Smart PC PRO A02 ->Apple iPad Pro 10.5 "64G
Garmin Vivoactive 3 ->Apple Watch Nike + Series 4 GPS, 44 mm
lm80
Message#4
04.11.12, 22:12
a guest
[offline]

Messages 0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

You think in vain that 3Dmax requires so many resources to just open a light scene and pentium4 is enough.
Here is another: Fujitsu Arrows QH55 Tablet on Windows 8 32bit.
Acer Iconia W700 win8 64bit - i5 (probably "hot")

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 16.01.14, 10:06
Reason for editing: [/ OFFTOP]
Dazer
Message#5
04.11.12, 22:54
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1403
Check in: 28.11.08
Apple iPhone 7

gnawed @ 04.11.2012, 23:01*
The software is available, and the opportunity to work normally in it, for example, even normally on the Internet is not secure, and the office will also be lagging.

Come on? If you open thousands of tabs, then yes. And why should the office lag?
Moreover, there is a new Atom.
lm80
Message#6
04.11.12, 23:33
a guest
[offline]

Messages 0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

ASUS ME-400 VIVO Tab Smart is not bad, built on Atome, I wonder how much will live on battery, it is a pity that only the stylus is gone. While the option for me is Samsung ATIV Smart PC. In Ukraine, Samsung and already announced, maybe someone already held? Share your impression.

Post has been editedlm80 - 04.11.12, 23:43
Limbio
Message#7
13.11.12, 21:33
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 18
Check in: 08.10.11
MSI WindPad 110W

The battery is 4200 mAh, it's not so little, just the AMD Z-01 processor has a heat generation of 5.9 W and active cooling. An atom is required to work at least 2 times with the same battery.
Oleggg121
Message#8
24.11.12, 14:19
User
[offline]

Messages 63
Check in: 05.01.08
HTC HD2

dasaro
really looking forward to your feedback. I myself will take this particular model, but it will not be possible soon to touch it with my hands. tk I am not in Moscow and it is necessary to ask to buy acquaintances. Interested in the overall impression of the device: weight, build quality, as well as viewing angles and display quality, autonomy and correct handwriting recognition by the stylus.
ilays
Message#9
24.11.12, 14:23
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 06.06.10

dasaro giant thank you). I went to buy 500 with 3zh
Binns
Message#10
24.11.12, 14:51
User
[offline]

Messages 89
Check in: 10.09.11
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

dasarois there 4G?
gnawed
Message#11
24.11.12, 14:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 318

dasaro
You can go to the bius, you can put the OS side, how do you feel? Can you make a battery test (measure how much the tablet works at 50% brightness and 50% sound (in headphones) while watching a movie)? Does HD video?

--------------------
Motorola L7 ->Nokia 5800 ->HTC Desire HD ->Samsung S III LTE GT-I9305 ->Nexus 6P 32G ->Apple iPhone X 64G
dasaro
Message#12
24.11.12, 15:10
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 17
Check in: 20.08.11
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 3G

I have not reached home yet. As for the presence in the atrium - 700 is on the shelf, which I don’t know, valuables are hanging on two models. But I was not interested in 700 initially, so I can’t say anything, but they both seem to be without 3g. 500 is two, the difference is 3g.
The first sensations are subjective - the tablet is lighter than I expected, the assembly is harder than I thought.

--------------------
ZOPO 900s, Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE500T1C-H01RU, Asus Nexus 7, Sanei N10 dual core, Sony Tablet P
dasaro
Message#13
25.11.12, 00:29
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 17
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 3G

I didn’t manage to buy it for long today, but I can share my first impressions. I say right away that I like the eighth Windows very much, I use it with the consumer preview on my pegatron lucid, so I cannot be very objective in this regard.
So, the screen is good, the viewing angles are excellent, as it is not a skewer - everything is visible, the text is read, nothing darkens. The assembly is good, the back cover is a bit slippery, but not critical.
3g connected automatically within a few seconds after installing the sim card (megaphone). And Wi-Fi and 3g catches perfectly, at the level of the second iPad. Simka was not at first inserted, in accordance with the image on the tablet, I had to remove it with tweezers. It turns out it was necessary exactly to thrust.
Performance index - 3.2 due to three-dimensional graphics and games, percent - 3.4; graphics - 3.7; memory - 4.6; hard drive - 5.8.
Video downloaded and launched from herehttp://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/With the help of the pre-installed trial version PowerDVD 10, the matrix went fine, the birds, dvd and monsters braked. Maybe you need another player.
It’s too early to talk about autonomous work, but it feels like somewhere around 9-10 percent an hour with active use without video. That is, apparently in the tablet mode, as promised, 8-9 hours will last for me.
If someone prog for testing prompts - run.
Ask - I will try to answer.

--------------------
ZOPO 900s, Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE500T1C-H01RU, Asus Nexus 7, Sanei N10 dual core, Sony Tablet P
Binns
Message#14
25.11.12, 09:24
User
[offline]

Messages 89

dasaroIs it possible somewhere in the specifications for the modem to clarify whether there is support for our 4G frequencies? Maybe in pieces of paper? In the device manager, what is the modem model? And is there a GPS interface there? If you can screenshot. I will be very grateful
dasaro
Message#15
25.11.12, 10:19
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 17
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 3G

Dasaro, is it possible somewhere in the specifications for the modem to clarify whether there is support for our 4G frequencies? Maybe in pieces of paper? In the device manager, what is the modem model? And is there a GPS interface there? If you can screenshot. I will be very grateful

On the modem that I found so far:
Manufacturer: HUAWEI
Model: HUAWEI MOBILE
Firmware: 12.103.10.00.00
Mobile device class: GSM
Data class: GPRS; EDGE; UMTS; HSDPA; HSUPA; HSPA +

And about gps where to look?

More about autonomy. Left for the night (8 hours have passed) with Wi-Fi on. The charge dropped from 64 percent to 60 percent. It's okay I guess.

--------------------
Binns
Message#16
25.11.12, 10:23
User
[offline]

Messages 89

dasaroGPS interface look in the ports in the same device manager
gnawed
Message#17
25.11.12, 11:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 318

dasaro
links, please, please about test (program in the archive). 15 passes will be enough (parameter - 14000). And lay out his screen.

Attached files

Attached fileLinX 0.6.4 - 10.3.11.019.rar(1.5 MB)

Post has been editedgnawed - 25.11.12, 11:37

--------------------
ansfer23
Message#18
25.11.12, 17:03
User
[offline]

Messages 71
Check in: 16.02.10

Ask - I will try to answer.

Very interested in his part of the GPU. Maybe what thread game level Half - Life install and check. It is very interesting to compare with the analogue z - 60 from AMD because according tothis videoThat Intel outright merges.
Binns
Message#19
25.11.12, 19:36
User
[offline]

Messages 89

I inspected today the 500th on the subject of bios. So I could not go into it if it is. The store manager said that you can contact the service center, they will delete the eight and there will be a clean piece of hardware without an OS. And even they say money in a small amount for eight will be returned. But the question is, will I then be able to boot from an external carrier to put my axis?
Feather not inspired. Either there are no programs installed, or the pen itself is galimoe. But how many have not tried the programs on it everywhere there is no accounting for the force of pressing the pen. Maybe he did wrong. Who bought test
ilays
Message#20
25.11.12, 19:48
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 06.06.10

bios is. Hold the window key on startup. I have 500 with 3zh.
By the way about 3zh. periodically disappears, there are also problems with sound.
I think tomorrow to exchange for a higher model to drag.
if you have questions, ask before it's too late)

Post has been editedilays - 25.11.12, 19:50
Oleggg121
Message#21
25.11.12, 19:55
User
[offline]

Messages 63
Check in: 05.01.08
HTC HD2

ilays,And what is your impression of the stylus?

210 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/28/19, 20:44