> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

teXet TB710-HD - firmware | EXBook Firmware teXet TB-710HD
What firmware version is installed on your teXet TB-710HD?
Standard [ 102 ] ** [45,54%]
Modified [ 84 ] ** [37,5%]
I do not understand this [ 38 ] ** [16,96%]
Total votes: 224

Rep: (144)
FirmwareteXet TB-710HD
Discussion | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

Attached Image
Original firmware

Change history in the original version
v1.9
- Fixed saving reading space
- Fixed saving lock settings
- Fixed the problem of missing parts of text in FB2
- Increased the number of supported footnotes in FB2
- Fixed the problem of damage to the clock on the bottom line in read mode
- interface improvements
- Fixed dictionary operation
- Fixed FB2 decoding
- Fixed working with alpha channel PNG images in FB2 files

v1.8
- Added support for text format DOC
- Fixed music in the background
- Fixed bugs in the interface
- Fixed work with content in FB2
- Increased the interval for changing photos in the automatic viewing mode
- Fixed work with red line in TXT and FB2 formats

v.1.7
- Added clock in the information line
- Added gray font for comfortable reading in the dark
- Added the ability to reduce the backlight brightness for comfortable reading in the dark
- Added saving scaling of pages of PDF and DJVU files (you must set the effect of changing the page to the "Transition" state)
- Added game Xiangqi (Chinese chess - the rules can be read here:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D1%8F%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B8)
- Added table of contents books in PDF. Contents in FB2 running in test mode

v.1.6
- Added support for DJVU text format.

v.1.5
- Fixed page turning time in automatic mode
- Added function to change the background of the information line in the background color of the text page
- Added the ability to disable / enable the ticker with the file name with one touch

v.1.4
- Fixed display of text files in PDB, PDF formats
- Fixed date updating bug
- Fixed updating dates in History
- Added digital clock in the main menu and text view mode
- Fixed reset font type when turning text
- Changed page turning time settings in automatic mode (now 10-15-20-30-60 c)
- Added fonts for people with limited vision
- Support for footnotes in the text in RTF format
- Added ability to turn off subtitles in video

v.1.2
- Fixed display of text files in RTF format
- Added font selection in text: Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana, Tahoma
- Now you can stop the slide show in the main menu
- Support for footnotes in the text in FB2 format

v.1.1
- Fixed display of text formats
- Added 90/180/270 degrees text rotation
- Added function to format text files in PDF format (PDF-Reflow)
- Implemented saving the font size of files in PDF format with the formatting function enabled.
- Fixed saving auto-off settings
- Memory list of radio stations increased to 16 stations

v.1.0
Original version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified firmware:

1.(New 12/22/2013) Modified firmware teXet TB-710HD (WEB 2.0)
Modified byFaust3000 raise reputation

2. Modified and adapted Wexler Book T7005_V1.3SE Final firmware (based on the original 1.1.9)
Author of adaptation and modificationSanja_180 raise reputation

3. Modified and adapted Wexler Book T7005_V1.3SE firmware (based on the original 1.1.9)
Author of adaptation and modificationSanja_180 raise reputation

4. Adapted firmware Ritmix RBK-430 for teXet TB-710HD

5. Modified firmware teXet TB-710HD (WEB 1.0)

6. Modified firmware teXet TB-710HD (v.1.9.6)

7. Adapted firmware Ployer V10 (v.2.0) (Especially for teXet TB-710HD)
Adaptation authorSanja_180 raise reputation

8. Adapted firmware teXet TB-740HD (v.1.6SE) (Especially for teXet TB-710HD)
Adaptation authorSanja_180 raise reputation

9. Modified firmware teXet TB-710HD (v.1.9MF)

10. Modified firmware teXet TB-710HD (v.1.9.5)

Attached Image
1. Throw in a folderromsgame namedtest.gen
2. Click on the SEGA shortcut on the desktop and play
3. Exit the Emulator while only turning off the device.
P.S: Emulator games can be downloadedhere
P.P.S: You can read descriptions and brief reviews for games.here

Attached Image
LiveSuite v.1.09 (flasher)program and description
LiveSuite (standard)download
Full description of the work with the program LiveSuit
The book can be in 2 states - normal (working: the display is lit, there is an image, the book can be used) and DFU (Device Firmware Update, software update mode: the display is off, the book does not turn on, it does not react to charging in any way. off book).
In the first state, the book is determined by the computer as 2 removable disks (if the memory card is not inserted, the second disk will not open). No special drivers are needed for the connection, Windows from XP to 7 will correctly install the driver itself.
In DFU mode, you need to install the driver that is in the archive with each firmware (which can be downloaded from the Download Center). After installing the driver, the book will be defined as a USB Device device (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8).

Now, actually, how to flash:
1. Run the program LiveSuit. Requires running as administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (For Windows Vista and 7).
2. Select the firmware file (you can immediately install the latest version, you do not need to install intermediate versions).
3. Connect the book. If the book is in DFU mode, see the next item. After the book has been determined by the computer, click the "Update" button and agree that the memory of the book will be formatted and all files will be deleted (first save all important information on the computer).
4. Install the driver (Windows 7 cannot find the driver itself and does not consider it necessary to suggest searching for the driver manually, so you need to open the device manager, find an unknown device and install the driver).
5. LiveSuit will automatically detect the book and offer to flash it and format the memory (you must agree twice).
6. After installing the software, you need to wait for the system setup and calibrate the sensor (click on the center of the red cross).

- if LiveSuit does not see the book, then
a) driver is not installed or the book is not seen due to mechanical problems with the cable or USB connector. Make sure that the book is defined correctly in the Device Manager and the driver is installed
b) it is not running as administrator
c) there is another running copy of LiveSuit. To close the program, you need to disconnect the book from the computer and, through the task manager, stop all copies of LiveSuit. Then proceed with 1 point.

Win7x64 driversdownload

Running LiveSuit on Windows 8

How to flash (with illustrations):Attached fileHow to flash..pdf(1.21 MB)

Attached Image

Attached Image
FB2toPDF Converter
I suggest using this converter from FB2 to PDF for reading FB2 format.
It has many advantages over the standard Reader, namely:
- Correct recalculation of pages in the lower bar when reading
- Pictures in the text do not stretch to full screen and do not lose color
- The cover of the book at the beginning is not stretched to the full screen, which preserves the image quality
- FB2 full formatting, i.e. All styles are marked:footnotes, epigraphs, poems, author of an epigraph, chapter, author, title, series, etc.
- Different colors for footnotes, annotations and some italics in the text
- The text takes up more space on the screen, i.e. no empty spaces on the sides
- Supported Content
- FontGeorgia EInk

To convert a book, run the filefb2pdf-GUI.cmd in the program folder and drag the FB2 file into the opened window. Converting a single file takes a few seconds, and then you get real pleasure from reading!

Download converter: Attached filefb2pdf-j.20130310.zip (8.77 MB)

P.S .: You need Java installed for the converter to work. If you have a 64-bit system, then it is recommended to install 86 and 64 versions of Java. Java can be downloadedhere .
An example of an open book converted to FB2toPDF
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Online converter inserts footnotes to text
Converter for those who do not support the firmware footnotes in the text, and who did not want to use the converterFB2toPDF . This converter does not change anything in the text, it only drives footnotes into it, and they can be seen on any firmware. thank Sanja_180 , for what this converter found.
To convert files and read instructions for the converter, go tosite .
An example of a converted book
Attached Image

Attached Image
Excerpt from the rules of the Forum:
5.1. If a forum member gave yougood advice , which the helped you in solving your problem you should not put a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 useful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

Attached Image Attached Image

Post has been editedFaust3000 - 30.12.13, 11:36

Next version of my modified firmware 1.9.6 :

blue color indicates differences from the previous mod

V.1.9.2
[color = chocolate]
  • Replaced 9 of 11 Desktop Wallpapers (taken from TeXet TB-790)
  • changed the font in the application"Calculator"
  • improved text smoothing (Thanks [/ color]DiPal2 )
  • changed icon "Files" on "Desktop"
  • a game"Xiangqi"replacedSEGA emulatorfromDiPal2 [color = chocolate] (the icon is also changed to "Desktop" )
  • changed font in function"Go"
  • in the application"Radio"Mono and Stereo circles are now signed
  • sort button in"Explorer"changed from AZ to AZ
  • Changed button icon"Settings"opposite the file in"Explorer"
  • Changed button icon"Delete"at"Favorite"
  • Changed book icon to"Favorite"
  • The color of footnotes in the text is changed to a clearer, the font style of footnotes has also been changed.
  • The upper bar is partially changed, namely:Battery, Home, Music, Desktop Indication(three points after hours)
  • Changed the bottom bar
  • Signed buttons in the menu"Options"in Game"Five"
  • Changed widget"Slide show"on"Desktop"
  • Changed widget"Desktop Wallpaper"
  • Changed widget"Music"on the desktop
  • Improved picture clarity"System Setup"after firmware
  • Replaced ALL desktop icons as his style
[/ color]

V.1.9.3
  • Complete replacement of all icons in"Explorer"and"Settings"
  • Fixed captions in"Explorer"(including in the English interface)
  • Minor textual improvements toDesktop, Radio, Record, Settings
  • Changed icon"Choice"("check mark")
  • Changed the numbers in the widget"Clock"on the Rab.stol
  • Fixed the appearance of old wallpaper when moving from Rab.stol to any application
  • Tahoma font replaced with higher quality Georgia
  • Footnote color changed to softer

Correcting Label in Explorer
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

V.1.9.4
  • By default, the key sound is muted.
  • By default, the screen lock after 5 minutes
  • By default, the volume is set to 12

V.1.9.5
  • Changed the system font (SegoeUI)
  • Replaced fonts in Reader (Constantia, Linux Libertine), signed in settings
  • "Background 2" in the "Reader" is replaced by a more distinct
  • Completely replaced the graphics in the application "Calculator"

Screenshots V.1.9.5
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

V.1.9.6 (! NEW!)
  1. Replaced system font (AvanteLT )
  2. Replaced by desktop wallpaper
  3. New beautiful reading backgrounds
  4. New equalizer animation
  5. Improved and improved graphics on the desktop
  6. Removed inscription and icon"Recent"from the desktop
  7. application"Nutrition"now called"Battery"
  8. After working in the application"Record"folder is createdRecord , but not RECORD , like before
  9. After flashing, a folder is automatically created.roms
  10. After the firmware, the screen calibration file and the game are already in the roms folder"Chess" for SEGA emulator
  11. After the firmware folders are automatically created:Music, Video, Books, Photo

If you want the book icon on the PC to be like this:Attached Imageextract the files from the archive to the Book:Attached fileAutorun.zip(700 bytes)

Firmware:
V.1.9.5
S \ N: 1120000001-1120010100 Attached fileteXet_TB-710HD_firmware_v.1.9.5.img (56,42 MB)

S \ N: 1120010101-1154008080 (Rev.A) Attached fileteXet_TB-710HD_Rev.A_firmware_v.1.9.5.img (56,42 MB)

V.1.9.6
S \ N: 1120000001-1120010100 Attached fileteXet_TB-710HD_firmware_v.1.9.6.img (65.41 MB)

S \ N: 1120010101-1154008080 (Rev.A) Attached fileteXet_TB-710HD_Rev.A_firmware_v.1.9.6.img (65.41 MB)

Version without SEGA Emulator:
V.1.9.5

Who needs games for the Emulator,herearchive with games, are in separate folders and signedtest.genfor easy movement on the device.

Calibration file for the Emulator (we throw in the folderroms): Attached fileemu_tp.ini (78 bytes)

Who liked the firmware, can make a donation, thereby stimulating the further development of the project. Donation wallet (Yandex.Money): 410011950916539

Post has been editedFaust3000 - 17.12.13, 02:13

Question to users of my firmware, does anyone use Background 2? Decide on the perception, is it pleasing to the eye, is it not boring when reading? The more answers there are, the better.

Rep: (25)
Faust3000. Hello, I use background 2 in the daytime, it’s pleasant to the eyes, it doesn’t bother you. and such is the question, is it possible to add the font "Monotype Corsiva italic" to the firmware?

Rep: (25)
Faust3000. Hello, I use background 2 in the daytime, it’s pleasant to the eyes, it doesn’t bother you. and such is the question, is it possible to add the font "Monotype Corsiva italic" to the firmware?Attached fileMTCORSVA.zip(99.81 KB)

sergeywed Thanks for the answer, most likely I will return the standard background. Font will not be able to add, just replace some. If you embed this font, you need four types of it: Normal, Italics , Fatty , Bold Italic . You have only Italics, if you only insert it, it will not be very nice, all the text (main, headings, verses, footnotes) will be in the same style.

Post has been editedFaust3000 - 20.02.13, 15:27

Rep: (8)
Hello dearFaust3000 !
You wrote this in the branch known to you:
Ukrhammer Generally speaking, the firmware discussion is here teXet TB-710HD, so offtopic.

So I'm already confused, but only a few days have passed, as Iwrotethere in this one topic:Texet TB-710HD, TFT color, and you answered me. So where do I answer you now? : blush:
Will there be an 'off-top' there? Answer, please, since I have almost the answer to you. Thank!

Yaroslav_Mel,
Hello! There is the topic of Discussion and Description of the device, I laid out my firmware there, now, according to the Rules, and to the subject I created the corresponding Theme: Firmware. Now all teXet TB710-HD firmware, discussion and questions on them here!

Posted 02/20/2013 4:49 PM:

Ukrhammer ,
Have you solved the problem of bordering the option icon (30x30) in the explorer and the problem of 8-bit bmp in the video player?

About bmp in the video player yet, I think. And the Options icon seems to be normally displayed; in the History, the Delete icon from the bottom and is edged with white on the right.

Now it has become more or less clear.Faust3000 :: thank_you: I only have a small organizational question left - don't answer? Can i quote the main things Togo Of your answer to me and put with them your answer here, and this one, other topic? Will it not be stressful for others who will read?

Post has been editedYaroslav_Mel - 20.02.13, 16:54

Yaroslav_Mel, to make it clear to the end, I explain: In that topic, problems of a technical nature are discussed: for example, the screen fell off, it does not charge from the network, the buttons are broken. Here we discuss the software part.
About quoting, of course, quote here.

Faust3000 I welcome you once again!
Sorry that I stayed with the answer for 3 days, got sick here, and other minor health problems appeared, not to computers, email. Books and other things was!

So - "in order" so "in order." (Only a big request to read everything very carefully, because, see the next paragraph, it looks like the last time there were some "misunderstandings" due, apparently, to not very thoughtful reading! to ensure that everything is written in as much detail as possible, so I hope for understanding and a separate 'Sorry' for the fact that maybe I did something wrong here, because I'm new here, on this Forum!: blush: )

To begin with, what you did not understand me when you wrote this:
Faust3000 @ 02.17.2013, 20:59*
As for the illustrations: on the contrary, they stretch to the whole page, which is not very good.

Either I clumsily wrote, or you read “diagonally”, but I just said that it’s not very good, that the illustrations stretch to the full screen and just asked you - can you somehow to fix this?
But it seems that there is no! Because your words are these: "... basically modifying the interface", dearFaust3000 , they tell me that you only “lick” the interface there, and you don’t get into the code itself, let the developers do it. Or am I wrong, but I did not understand (because) - what does it mean your "mostly" ?!

Speaking of the Issue folder on FTP Texet, we saw screenshots for the type of deleting the file Delete ... Delete ..., I made these corrections, unlike Texet.

On this "by the way" I would like to note that in fact it is, of course, good, such is the "licking" of the interface, so that the inscriptions in the buttons fit normally, and it is clear with the wording of the text in these same inscriptions, and the buttons would be super in the end, but in my opinion in the current firmware 1.9 (official) model TeXet TB-710HD there is still a huge amount of more significant flaws. I, when I read your answer,Faust3000 , even disappointedly "grunted", "Alas! This is not the same option that he does! Need or look further here" craftsmen ", or, alas, again bow at the legs of the TeXet-sheep!", especially after reading this You: "... I do not have extensive knowledge of programming", that is, here, now specific questions ...
- You can not remove the stretching to the height of the entire display window email. picture book illustrations?
- You can’t eliminate completely black images of images for FB2 format, making them smaller and colored (about this case, see me here in the text below)?

... in the absence of other Texet devices on this processor, it will be problematic to do something ...

- given that you, dearFaust3000 the signature indicates not the 710th model, but the 780th, I understand that you probably have the opportunity to see normal images there, although yes, probably, this model also has the same processor as the 710 th model, but I doubt it, because the size of the firmware for this model is already 150 MB, and the video also allows you to play with "Full HD 1080", but the firmware seems to be the same as in the 770th, where the illustrations are in a reduced form and white, where in the 710th I had them black or stretched, in this regard ... And you only do TeXet devices only on the model 710 processor? And the 840th - will not you modify, how do you do it on the 710th?
- why do you have TeXet TB-780HD? You just got a modern (green) interface from there, right?
- and in the text in the books - I noticed that, sometimes, for the .RTF format, if there are complex cases and they write in the text of the book, they say, "the numbers in the book are marked with links located at the end of the book in the notes", then these very figures The following text is not entirely correct, is formed on the line, a photo, as an example, I place here a little lower - and so! Considering that youFaust3000 , made and know how to, as I understand it, smooth fonts, then you can not fix it? As the same question about correction - for example, the stress mark does not work again in Fb2 books, for example, see photo 4 under the spoiler (I think that a book in this format in B. Zakhoder’s translation about Winnie the Pooh can always be easily found and downloaded , to look and make sure I'm right!). And problems with breaking a word with a hyphen in it are even in the FB2-file format, isn’t it beautiful - see the last photo under the spoiler, I’m not even mentioning that the text itself also breaks the text (it continues with the new pages, while the previous one remains almost completely “white”, without text), and the gap of words without hyphenation to another line!

Photo e. books
Here are the photos that I talked about a little higher here, I think everything will be clear and so, without comment!
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Additional questions after your text:

The essential difference between my firmware and the original is the smoothing of the fonts (I think the main reason for rejecting the original is the reader) ...

Yes, I looked at your firmware 1.9.4, dearFaust3000 in fact, but, alas, my expectations, which I already wrote above, that I hoped - this will not happen, did not materialize, and you yourself confirmed my fears that this will not be in your reply message to me. So, now I am downloading 1.9.5, I will also install it and then take a picture of what I mentioned above. Same file i'm about this Theme wrote - about Samodelkina and Pencil adventures. And then I will place it in the Doc-file, because I have something to compare with, how I would like it to be? Also, so that you do not need to search additionally, in another attached text Doc-file, I will provide pictures that are displayed, however, on the 840th model, but also on the 710th, as it turned out, everything is also nearby for comparison pictures, as I would like it to be, as in the 770th model, everything is at the moment. To find the file 'RU - Melnikova Svetlana YUrevna - Stihi s kartinkami.fb2' here in this directory relay.alkotel.ru/service/eBOOK/Issue/Files I think it will have no difficulty. As well as to see, by the way, make sure by downloading from the same book V. Medvedev "Barankin, be a man!" - there, too, all black and white illustrations are shown as almost completely black rectangles. I'm not talking about the N. Nosov trilogy about Dunno - there the devil knows that in terms of displaying illustrations! By the way, in the versions of the firmware earlier, there wasn’t, but now it has appeared, but I don’t know whether to fix them or not!
Files for viewing in MS WORD

Well, what you spent in your firmware font smoothing raises a direct question - and what? Are software developers unable to do this? Or do not want? You are not interested in this moment with them? And so - yes, very pretty everything looks like you - black, clear and bright, almost like in a book with Perl-ink. Thank you for your work, but there is one "but" - if with all this magnificence and there will be those shortcomings about which I wrote above, then you still have to somehow, somehow, unite with the software developers for this model.
Add. Question: Do you somehow interact with them or go in fundamentally "parallel ways", considering that when you answered, I directly "walked" through them: "... I saw there screenshots for correcting the type" Deleting a file ... "" Deleting ... ", I made these corrections unlike Texet."
Again, by the way, I would like to answer that ... Everything becomes clear in comparison and ... Yes, something is done slowly, they make some mistakes again, instead of corrected ones, for example, in 770 second, 880th and others, probably, even like your 780th, the last lines in DjVu and PDF files are “eaten up” by the information line, which was not there before. (At the same time, the question is an interface problem - it is possible to fix this by you personallyFaust3000 or do these models have a different processor (by the way, what is this word "device", "devices"? - somehow impersonal is all: "in the absence of other devices of Texet" - that is, it is clear that this is a "device", "model ", well, what - then you also do other TeXet devices, besides e-books, yes, Faust3000 ?).) But I’ll finish it (I didn’t finish it, 'sorry'!) - yes, something is wrong with the developers, something isn’t finished, but they do, they improve and that's why they wrote that “everything is relative "because - look what's going on with other brands? The same Rhythmix, the same Oysters are just the smartest firmware preinstalled, but in general there is nothing new and there are no updates for years, for example, the second one, if specifically!

And the last:
As for the exclusion of the emulator: I have already made the next version of the firmware, and lay out a separate version without the emulator.

So, the question is: the fact that you have even created a special topic on this Forum and put the latest 1.9.5 firmware there is good, but it is still with the emulator, and when will it be the same, but without the emulator?

At the moment I finished, I hope my answer was for you, dearFaust3000 , the most complete and interested! Thank you in advance for your future answer to me and all the best to you!

P.S. Sorry that I was busy with the publication of this post for so long - I could not immediately figure out how to insert images here ?! : blush:

Post has been editedYaroslav_Mel - 20.02.13, 18:36
Reason for editing: Arranged more compact photos and small changes in the text.

Yaroslav_Mel @ 02.20.2013, 19:12*
Either I clumsily wrote, or you read “diagonally”, but I just said that it’s not very good, that the illustrations stretch to the full screen and just asked you - can you somehow to fix this?

I'll try to fix it.
But it seems that there is no! Because your words are these: "... basically modifying the interface", dear Faust3000, they tell me that you are "licking" the interface only there, and you don’t get into the code itself, let the developers do it. Or am I wrong, but I did not understand (because) - what does it mean your "mostly" ?!

Basically, this means, basically I modify the graphics and text, but does not the correction of the inscriptions in Explorer really mean whether I’m into the code or not?
- You can’t eliminate completely black images of images for FB2 format, making them smaller and colored (about this case, see me here in the text below)?

Put the book where you have this flaw. All the books that I read, the illustrations are displayed correctly.
The 780 has a completely different processor, as stated in the Official Description. As for the length of the pictures, yes, but as written above. I'll try to fix it. And just as written above, a book with an example of black pictures, please come to us.
Do you only deal with TeXet devices only on the 710th processor? And the 840th - will not you modify, how do you do it on the 710th?

I could have become, but, as I said earlier, I do not have this device, and modifying blindly will not lead to anything good.
- why do you have TeXet TB-780HD? You just got a modern (green) interface from there, right?

780th I gave to parents, and since I have access to it, indicated the device in the signature. I took the interface from the firmware for the 780th (if you are about this)?
- and in the text in the books - I noticed that, sometimes, for the .RTF format, if there are complex cases and they write in the text of the book, they say, "the numbers in the book are marked with links located at the end of the book in the notes", then these very figures The following text is not entirely correct, is formed on the line, a photo, as an example, I place here a little lower - and so! Considering that you, Faust3000, have produced and are able, as I understand it, to smooth fonts, can you not correct it? As the same question about correction - for example, the stress mark does not work again in Fb2 books, for example, see photo 4 under the spoiler (I think that a book in this format in B. Zakhoder’s translation about Winnie the Pooh can always be easily found and downloaded , to look and make sure I'm right!). And problems with breaking a word with a hyphen in it are even in the FB2-file format, isn’t it beautiful - see the last photo under the spoiler, I’m not even mentioning that the text itself also breaks the text (it continues with the new pages, while the previous one remains almost completely “white”, without text), and the gap of words without hyphenation to another line!

I smoothed the text using a patch from Dipal2, so this is not my merit. So deep into the code, I still don’t know how to look, so I can’t fix the problem with RTF.
Add. question: do you somehow interact with them or go in essentially "parallel ways"

I tried to contact these "developers", 90% of what I suggested they allegedly cannot perform, but did something, asked for example to add backgrounds in green tones, yes, they added, but in the new device (book)
even the type of your 780th, the last lines in the DjVu and PDF files are “eaten up” by the information line

That's all right, the display is correct.
By the way, what is this word "device", "devices"? - it’s somehow impersonal: “in the absence of other Texet devices” - that is, it is clear that this is a “device”, “model”, well, and then you also do other TeXet devices besides e-books, yes , Faust3000?).)

The device in this context is the e-book. No, I do not deal with other teXet DEVICES ... yet.
But I’ll finish it (I didn’t finish it, 'sorry'!) - yes, there is something wrong with the developers, something doesn’t finish, but they do, they improve and therefore they wrote that “everything is known in comparison,” because - look what's going on with other brands? The same Rhythmix, the same Oysters are just the smartest firmware preinstalled, but in general there is nothing new and there are no updates for years, for example, the second one, if specifically!

I agree here, teXet has a good support service, technical staff.

Summarizing my answer, I will say this:
I started to modify the firmware, because I was tired of the standard interface, and decided to fix it. If you read the description of my firmware, you will see that the changes are mostly graphical, and I did not declare any special programming skills or the presence of a Red Diploma in computer science, and I am not trying to jump over my head and create some kind of super error-free and radically -new in terms of code firmware, and improve the appearance of the system. To use my firmware or not, the matter is purely voluntary, and who is satisfied with the standard font display and the appearance of the system is completely costly and standard firmware. Six months ago I was the same user as you, with almost zero skills, but the desire and dedication did their job. Therefore, if you want, create your own firmware, with what you want to fix, and we will see, evaluate.
Well, the firmware without an emulator will be in the near future.

Rep: (133)
In fact, as has been said more than once, texet and others buy ready-made hardware with ready-made software in China. Maybe now something has changed, and texet scored real developers and bought the SDK for their devices from Allwinner.
In general, they worked like this: they made a list of shortcomings and desired changes and sent them to programmers-developers in China. Or, the Chinese developers themselves released new batches of devices with updated firmware and then provided the firmware file for updating the software of younger devices.

Rep: (105)
Losber @ 02.21.2013, 20:41*
In general, they worked like this: compiled a list of shortcomings and desired changes and sent developers to programmers to China

Losber @ 02.21.2013, 20:41*
Maybe now something has changed.

No, the trip, judging from my correspondence with texet, nothing has changed. So, as in one letter received by mail, they wrote to me like that ... But at least they do not stop the software support of their products (as others do), and from time to time they release new firmware with new features and (or ) with the correction of some errors and shortcomings of previous firmware! Instead of fooling users with their promises for more than a year, it turns out that all their oath promises are not worth it!

Guys, men, men and men, congratulate us on Defender of the Fatherland Day !!! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! : congratulate:

Post has been editedFaust3000 - 22.02.13, 23:28

Rep: (1628)
Yaroslav_Mel,
Faust3000,
my friends, please kindly, hide the big texts under the spoiler! So it will be more convenient for everyone and the branch will look much neater. For example, here:
Faust3000, I welcome you once again!
Sorry that I stayed with the answer for 3 days, got sick here, and other minor health problems appeared, not to computers, email. Books and other things was!

So - "in order" so "in order." (Only a big request to read everything very carefully, because, see the next paragraph, it looks like the last time there were some "misunderstandings" due, apparently, to not very thoughtful reading! Sorry, that turned out a lot of text, but I tried to to ensure that everything is written in as much detail as possible, so I hope for understanding and a separate 'Sorry' for the fact that maybe I did something wrong here, because I'm new here, on this Forum!)

To begin with, what you did not understand me when you wrote this:
Quote (Faust3000 @ 02.17.2013, 20:59)
As for the illustrations: on the contrary, they stretch to the whole page, which is not very good.
But it seems that there is no! Because your words are these: "... basically modifying the interface", dear Faust3000, they tell me that you are "licking" the interface only there, and you don’t get into the code itself, let the developers do it. Or am I wrong, but I did not understand (because) - what does it mean your "mostly" ?!

Speaking of the Issue folder on FTP Texet, we saw screenshots for the type of deleting the file Delete ... Delete ..., I made these corrections, unlike Texet.
On this "by the way" I would like to note that in fact it is, of course, good, such is the "licking" of the interface, so that the inscriptions in the buttons fit normally, and it is clear with the wording of the text in these same inscriptions, and the buttons would be super in the end, but in my opinion in the current firmware 1.9 (official) model TeXet TB-710HD there is still a huge amount of more significant flaws. When I read your answer, Faust3000, I even “frowned” with disappointment, “Alas! This is not a bit of the option that it does! It’s necessary either to search further here for the“ craftsmen ”, or, alas, to bow to the legs of TeXet itself ! ", especially after reading this from you:" ... I do not have extensive knowledge of programming ", that is, here, now specific questions ...
- You can not remove the stretching to the height of the entire display window email. picture book illustrations?

... in the absence of other Texet devices on this processor, it will be problematic to do something ...
- considering that you, dear Faust3000, the signature does not indicate the 710th model, but the 780th, I understand that you probably have the opportunity to see normal images there, though yes, probably this The model has the same processor as the 710th model, but I doubt it, because the size of the firmware for this model is already 150 MB, and the video also allows you to play with "Full HD 1080", but the firmware seems to be the same as in the 770th, where the illustrations are in a reduced form and white, where in the 710th I had them black or stretched, in this regard ... And you only do TeXet devices only on the model 710 processor? And the 840th - will not you modify, how do you do it on the 710th?
- and in the text in the books - I noticed that, sometimes, for the .RTF format, if there are complex cases and they write in the text of the book, they say, "the numbers in the book are marked with links located at the end of the book in the notes", then these very figures The following text is not entirely correct, is formed on the line, a photo, as an example, I place here a little lower - and so! Considering that you, Faust3000, have produced and are able, as I understand it, to smooth fonts, can you not correct it? As the same question about correction - for example, the stress mark does not work again in Fb2 books, for example, see photo 4 under the spoiler (I think that a book in this format in B. Zakhoder’s translation about Winnie the Pooh can always be easily found and downloaded , to look and make sure I'm right!). And problems with breaking a word with a hyphen in it are even in the FB2-file format, isn’t it beautiful - see the last photo under the spoiler, I’m not even mentioning that the text itself also breaks the text (it continues with the new pages, while the previous one remains almost completely “white”, without text), and the gap of words without hyphenation to another line!

Spoiler (+/-) (Photo e-books)

Additional questions after your text:

The essential difference between my firmware and the original is the smoothing of the fonts (I think the main reason for rejecting the original is the reader) ...

Yes, I looked at your firmware 1.9.4, respected Faust3000 in action, but, alas, my expectations, as I already wrote above, that I hoped - this will not happen, did not materialize, and you yourself confirmed my fears that will not be in this your reply message to me. So, now I am downloading 1.9.5, I will also install it and then take a picture of what I mentioned above. The same file about which I wrote in this thread - about Samodelkin and Pencil adventure. And then I will place it in the Doc-file, because I have something to compare with, how I would like it to be? Also, so that you do not need to search additionally, in another attached text Doc-file, I will provide pictures that are displayed, however, on the 840th model, but also on the 710th, as it turned out, everything is also nearby for comparison pictures, as I would like it to be, as in the 770th model, everything is at the moment. To find the file 'RU - Melnikova Svetlana YUrevna - Stihi s kartinkami.fb2' here in this directory relay.alkotel.ru/service/eBOOK/Issue/Files I think it will have no difficulty. As well as to see, by the way, make sure by downloading from the same book V. Medvedev "Barankin, be a man!" - there, too, all black and white illustrations are shown as almost completely black rectangles. I'm not talking about the N. Nosov trilogy about Dunno - there the devil knows that in terms of displaying illustrations! By the way, in the versions of the firmware earlier, there wasn’t, but now it has appeared, but I don’t know whether to fix them or not!
Spoiler (+/-) (Files for viewing in MS WORD)

Well, what you spent in your firmware font smoothing raises a direct question - and what? Are software developers unable to do this? Or do not want? You are not interested in this moment with them? And so - yes, very pretty everything looks like you - black, clear and bright, almost like in a book with Perl-ink. Thank you for your work, but there is one "but" - if with all this magnificence and there will be those shortcomings about which I wrote above, then you still have to somehow, somehow, unite with the software developers for this model.
Add. Question: Do you somehow interact with them or go in fundamentally "parallel ways", considering that when you answered, I directly "walked" through them: "... I saw there screenshots for correcting the type" Deleting a file ... "" Deleting ... ", I made these corrections unlike Texet."
Again, by the way, I would like to answer that ... Everything becomes clear in comparison and ... Yes, something is done slowly, they make some mistakes again, instead of corrected ones, for example, in 770 second, 880th and others, probably, even like your 780th, the last lines in DjVu and PDF files are “eaten up” by the information line, which was not there before. (At the same time, the question is the interface problem - is it possible for you to fix it personally, Faust3000 or these models have a different processor (by the way, what is this word "device", "devices"? - somehow impersonal is all: "for lack of other Texet devices “- that is, it is clear that this is a“ device ”,“ model ”, well, but what - then you also do other TeXet devices, besides e-books, yes, Faust3000?).) But I will finish (I did not finish it, ' sorry '!) - yes, something is not right with the developers, something is not completed, but they do, they improve and that's why they wrote that "everything is known in comparison," then that - look at what is happening in other brands? The same Rhythmix, the same Oysters are just the smartest firmware preinstalled, but in general there is nothing new and there are no updates for years, for example, the second one, if specifically!

And the last:
As for the exclusion of the emulator: I have already made the next version of the firmware, and lay out a separate version without the emulator.
So, the question is: the fact that you have even created a special topic on this Forum and put the latest 1.9.5 firmware there is good, but it is still with the emulator, and when will it be the same, but without the emulator?

At the moment I finished, I hope my answer was for you, dear Faust3000, the most complete and interested! Thank you in advance for your future answer to me and all the best to you!

P.S. Sorry that I was busy with the publication of this post for so long - I could not immediately figure out how to insert images here ?!
- is it really so much better? : blush:

Posted 02/22/2013, 23:35:

Faust3000,
Happy holiday!

evg1394, OK, be sure to consider!

Rep: (105)
Faust3000,
Hello, I have a question for you for general development, do not tell me how to set the default font in the "Reader" (for example, the sameBookman Old Style ), and to make it so that in the settings of the reader, the fonts were signed correctly, as you did ( Constan, Georgi, Linux Libertine )? Unless of course it is not a secret.
And in the continuation of the topic of fonts, I want to ask you: does the text position correctly remember when leaving the reading mode in your replaced fonts? Or onlyBookman Old Style , as in the original firmware?

Rep: (12)
Well, where is the firmware with windows 8: tablet_za::savagemessiahzine.com:

Sanja_180 @ 02.23.2013, 03:37*
Faust3000,
Hello, I have a question for general development for you, do not tell me how to set the default font in the "Reader" (for example, the same Bookman Old Style), and make it so that in the settings of the reader, the fonts were signed correctly, because did you (Constan, Georgi, Linux Libertine)? Unless of course it is not a secret.
And in the continuation of the topic of fonts, I want to ask you: does the text position correctly remember when leaving the reading mode in your replaced fonts? Or only in Bookman Old Style, as in the original firmware?

Hello. It seems to be the default font is written in the reg file, such as book settings. Sign fonts, this is certainly not a secret, everything in the same WinHEX change the fileepdf.axf (type in the search for the right word, and replace the letters).
Personally, I use the Georgia font, there are no problems with memorizing pages.

Posted 02/23/2013 11:08 AM:

qwerik1234 @ 02.23.2013, 10:46*
Well, where is the firmware with windows 8: tablet_za::savagemessiahzine.com:

I actually said that while I suspended its development, all the more there are doubts with the main color. But she will definitely be, for sure. ;)

Rep: (5)
I tried your modified firmware. The smoothing patch works terribly. When reading on a black background, any text color looks white. In the explorer badges, they are not .. well, you know probably.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 10:45