> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Z10 - Discussion

Rep: (1094)
DiscussionBlackberry z10
Attached ImageBlackberry z10
Description | BlackBerry OS FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Newbie Questions пїЅ | Blackberry | BBM Groupsavagemessiahzine.com пїЅ | Blackberry Club пїЅ | Games recommended by our colleagues | Official website of the manufacturer | Reset IT policies in Blackberry smartphones пїЅ | Blackberry accessories пїЅ | Blackberry firmware пїЅ | BlackBerry10 firmware пїЅ

Specifications
Display resolution: 1280 x 768 pixels, 356 ppi, TFT 4.2 ”, touchscreen, capacitive
Camera: 8Mp, autofocus, Full HD video 30 fps, diode flash. Front camera 2Mp
Built-in memory: 16 GB of internal, microSD memory card (up to 64 GB), 2 GB of RAM
CPU: 2-core Qualcomm S4 MSM8960, 1.5 GHz ( LTE -version, i.e. STL100-2 / 3/4), or 2x nuclear TI OMAP 4470, 1.5 GHz ( 3G version - STL100-1)
Connections: Bluetooth 4.0, USB, Wi-Fi a / b / g / n, microHDMI
Maps: GPS built module
Connectors: 3.5 mm headset jack, microHDMI, micro USB
Battery: 1800 mAh
Talk time - up to 12 hours
Standby time - up to 409 hours
Music playback time: 60 hours, video: 10 hours
Dimensions: 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm

Differences between models
BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
STL100-1 was made specifically for countries wherenot LTE and who are just starting to develop a cellular network with 3G or HSPA +

21Mbps HSPA +
Quad-band HSPA + 1,2,5 / 6,8 (850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
Four-band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2
STL100-2 for GSM operators in Europe and the rest of the world whohave LTE .

Four-band LTE 3, 7, 8, 20 (1800/2600/900/700 MHz)
Tri-band HSPA + 1, 5/6, 8 (2100/850/900 MHz)

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3
STL100-3 for GSM networks of operators in North America whohave the american LTE . Operators AT & T, T-Mobile, etc.

Four-band LTE 2, 5, 4, 17 (700/850/1700/1900 MHz)
Tri-band HSPA + 1, 2, 5/6 (850/1900/2100 MHz)

BlackBerry Z10 STL100-4
STL100-4 for CDMA operators whohave LTE . Verizon operators and others.

LTE Band-13 (700MHz)
CDMA Cell-band and PCS-band (850/1900 MHz)
WCDMA Band-1 and Band-8 (2100/900 MHz)

If anyone else is interested, here are the reviews:

FAQ
Q: It does not work, it is not correct or not as needed, the battery charge indicator, what should I do? The phone turns off when the charge still showsN% how to be?
One solution
It is necessary to carry out a full discharge before disconnecting, then remove the battery and connect the charging. After that, insert the battery, then it should go uninterruptedfull charge from the native charge. Now again it should be discharged to shutdown. In the course of the discharge, it is not possible to connect to the computer or other sources of charge for the purity of the experiment.
Now, after the next discharge - charge up to 100%.

I also had the fact that the phone was turned off before reaching 0 or 1%. Could turn off sometimes by 8-9%.

In general, due to constant changes of firmware with an incomprehensible level of charge, charging calibration fails.

Second option
The problem with displaying the battery charge was solved thanks to the topic on crackberry, now it turns off after 2-3 minutes at 0 charge, the system monitors the health of the battery as 100%, it was before 72 and the phone worked a day at 0 charge.// Dark-Dante
Did this:
1.) Run Battery until it shuts down.
2.) Take out battery
3.) Leave Battery out for about an hour.
4.) Fit Battery, Sim and sd. Plug without plugging it in.
5.) Hold power button on the phone for couple of minutes.
6.) Plug into power switch and phone switch on. Once on Check battery%.
7.) remove once full.

Q: Tell me how to set your number? When an outgoing call writes an unknown number ...
BUT: Decision here.

Q: Can anyone help the Blackberry z10 to launch the engineering menu?
BUT: In the browser in the address bar to write escreen: // and Enter. Next, you must agree with the proposal. The application will open "escreens" . Then go here here , fill in all fields. In the phone, without closing escreens, call the keyboard (swipe two fingers through the bottom frame of the screen) and enter the response code from the page, enter in small letters. If everything is correct, the engineering menu will open. If it did not work out - close the "escrrens" application and start over.

Q: Do I need a BIS when using Blackberry 10?
A: No, new smartphones work through a regular data plan.

Q: I have BIS connected, will Blackberry 10 work through it?
A: If the GPRS service (internet, wap, mms) is disabled, it will not. You can safely disable BIS and connect a normal data plan.

Q: I did not use BIS on my 9860 and installed Service Buki for the operation of the browser, MMS and maps. Where to find them for the Blackberry Z10 and how to install?
A: New smartphones work through a regular data plan. Installing SAT on them is not required. APN settings are recorded automatically when you install the corresponding SIM card.

Q: If BB10 no longer uses BIS, what does the blackberry icon next to E or 3G signal in the corner of the screen?
A: About connecting the device to NOC RIM . For work services (BlackBerry ID, BBM and Protect) it's necessary.

Q: If I want to update the phone to the newest firmware and with it the latest radio, what to press?
A: First, make sure you downloaded the latest firmware. And not always the latest firmware means that the radio in it is also the last, there are isolated cases.

1 way.
Very step by step instructions:
1. Download and installSachesi;
2. On the Search tab, select the Country, Operator, Smartphone Model and its Modification;
3. Click on the Search button;
4. When you see the desired firmware in the search window, click the Download All button;
5. After waiting for the download to finish (or in advance), connect the device to the computer and go to the Install tab;
6. Click Install: Folder;
7. Select the folder with the downloaded firmware files and click Select Folder;
8. Wait until the installation is complete.

A complete list of country codes and mobile operators can be found here!

2 way.
Can be found in the capthis topicBy the way, there is even a link to this topic in our header!

Q: Vibration continues to work after I picked up the phone when I called. How to fix?
A: Disable, then back to "vibration when you call."

Filling will be as questions arise.

useful links

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 09.01.19, 09:19
Reason for editing: Google Play services from cobalt

Rep: (3)
on the clove can be ordered, without intermediary)
m.clove.co.uk/department.aspx?category=C83BFC4B-D93D-471E-B47E-3EE569484CDD&bolFriendlyURL=true

Rep: (5)
XGhosT @ 02.19.2013, 13:13*
Another question to the owners of non-dev-versions.
How about recording calls from the line (not via the speakerphone)?

However, an.
Is this Z10 bad?

Rep: (6)
darkmasta
so what about autonomy? How many videos are running on 720p? how much does the games hold? How much when surfing the Internet via Wi-Fi?
Is there an indication of missed calls and sms by some kind of LED?

Post has been editedkronos1313 - 25.02.13, 12:18

Rep: (7)
Good afternoon, gentlemen!
I wanted to ask about the support of Android applications.
Is this so, and with the help of what applications will open?

Thank you

Posted on 02/26/2013 08:28:

Good afternoon, gentlemen!
I wanted to ask about the support of Android applications.
Is this so, and with the help of what applications will open?

Thank you

Attached Image

it is alarming that such tests are not quite comparable with reality ... waiting for feedback

Post has been editedkronos1313 - 26.02.13, 10:42

Rep: (144)
kronos1313,
9 hours talk time 2G with wifi on is 100% checked personally, we’ll check video today.

Rep: (0)
Here is the order

http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90...ckberry-z10.asp - 522,- пїЅ

Rep: (144)
kronos1313,
Checked, in the mode of viewing the movie in HD quality (1280x720, 29 frames / s, 6134 kbit / s, Windows Media Video VC1 - WVC1) with the maximum volume, the phone holds 8 hours and 20 minutes with the GSM module turned on in 2G mode and WiFi connected.

from Dubai with delivery to Russia - Makhachkala (Dagestan) - 20000r. and version just for Russia STL-002

kronos1313,
It all depends on the model. I have STL-002. The battery is really enough for 2 days in the mode: about 50 calls, 20 sms, 15-20 letters, constantly 3G, 2 hours on Wi-Fi before going to bed, web surfing, YouTube. This is better than on the android. Sonku charged every day. Yes, today I put the battery indicator - most of all, the battery is searching for a network. At the weekend I will disconnect the network and see how much the battery will withstand only on WiFi.

Posted 02/28/2013, 00:12:

Who knows how to run an android application on this machine?

Rep: (21)
kachran,
Where to place an order?

Rep: (20)
Please see the owners of this device, what is your STL? It is written on a sticker under the battery. Apparently at the moment there is a problem with some models (for example, STL 100-1) with a network in Russia and Kazakhstan. These devices do not connect to our (phones are not locked) networks. Already two of these tubes are.

Post has been editedVovochka-s2 - 28.02.13, 10:39

hm ... and what STL happen? What it is? On which STL does self-restart or hang? Like a good indicator for the device.

He asked, he answered
The model comes in two versions - with the TI OMAP 4470 chipset, this is a dual-core processor with a maximum frequency of 1.5 GHz (model STL100-1), as well as on the MSM8960 chipset from Qualcomm - it is also dual-core and with the same frequency, the only difference is LTE support. There are three versions of Qualcomm built on the chipset - STL100-2, STL100-3, STL100-4, they differ in frequencies and regions of distribution.

Onhttp://global.blackberry.comgiven the performance time for STL100-3. It remains to find the features between the series STL100 2,3,4

Rep: (20)
That is how it is. But I heard positive results with STL 100-1, when they worked perfectly with us. I think that this is either a discrepancy between the Blackberry standards and our networks, or a banal hardware defect.

Rep: (-1)
The phone is new and the campaign is good. why no one discusses? Is he that buggy? why only 3 pages? shouldn't you take him?

While there are no whites, gray ones to buy - it can get more expensive, there are bugs, so far only with the OS and applications. From the readings, XDA determined that the OS is a jamb with synchronization with Google in part of the calendar, but I don’t really call it a jamb, since BlackBerry has all its own in this regard; With applications, a cant (for example, Twitter) is only due to greedy porters who are porting software from Androyd, and then everyone complains that everything is crookedly working. Applications written originally for BB like the rules work. When convulsive transitions from the menu to different open applications and backwards, the interface slows down (there is no need to contradict, just try and see, I watched on the rollers several times). From the hardware jambs I saw only about the rapid discharge of the battery, I don’t even know what to do here, it’s very personal, someone even sits on the android 3000 mAh in 4 hours of game play, and then it aches in all forums that he doesn’t have enough batteries, and the company of all on ** la new smartphone, and in general they jambs, etc. negative to the developers of the smartphone) I saw adequate tests for autonomy only onhttp://blog.gsmarena.com/, the rest of the reviews also follow their interest, therefore I am waiting for a greater prevalence of the phone. But if the price is around or more than 25 tr., Then I will look already at the flagships of Xperia and HTC, I think most will do so.

Rep: (1)
An update has been released. Google calendars were fixed, interface smoothness was improved, battery life was improved.

Ps. Added on DEVdb Z10 two weeks ago, still not appeared. What is the average check there goes?

Post has been editedalexwise1 - 01.03.13, 12:21

alexwise1,
What do you say in general about the current autonomy and smoothness of the interface (now it can also lag with / without load?)? Please leave your feedback about the device, I decide between the HTC One and BB Z10)

Rep: (1)
kronos1313,
In my opinion, the smoothness of the interface is close to perfect. When a bunch of applications are running, the smartphone is as smooth as ever. There are some rare strange jams, but not at all critical. And we must not forget that the platform is young, it has only arrived a month, so I am sure that everything will be fixed soon. And, in principle, the smartphone lives perfectly day. Often I get on the Internet for HSPA +, a few calls, sms, plus a little gaming.

Now for smartphones just not hijacking. An optimized system is what matters most (the latest update improves the performance of 3rd party applications, by the way). Therefore, I scored on these cores, megahertz and huge screens, took the Z10, because it is really something new and fresh.

Post has been editedalexwise1 - 01.03.13, 14:37

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/21/19, 10:55 PM