Shooting video on the camera | Autofocus operation and shooting modes

Rep: (139)
To begin with, it’s certainly better to shoot video on a camcorder than on a mirror. But I don’t really want to buy a camera from above for rare video filming. So, what methods can be used to improve focus during recording?
When recording video, contrast focusing is used instead of phase focusing. It is clear that on most SLR cameras, contrast focusing works, to put it mildly, quite slowly.
In good light, I close the diaphragm, which gives a more or less better result. But in poor lighting it no longer rolls (and I need to take off the matinee in kindergarten, where the lighting will not be very good), since at a higher ISO noticeable noises begin. My device has the following focus modes (Canon 650d, 18-55):

Attached Image

The first mode, tracking by face or by object, does not always work well on objects. I haven’t tried it on faces yet, here the question arises: can the camera correctly focus with a large number of faces and moving (again, the same children's matinee) ??
The second mode works a little better on stationary objects and with zoom.
The third, in fact, is the same with one point.

Recently stumbled uponan article, which describes the shooting modes of video on 650d. So, AFQuick mode is shown there, which, as I understand it, uses phase and contrast focus. But I simply do not have such a mode in the menu (or I did not find it). How to enable it?
What other ways can improve the focus?

Post has been editedKomunikatoroed - 11.02.13, 10:50

Rep: (2)
AFQuick mode - there is a 650d canon, but it is not possible when shooting video (to use the phase sensor, you must lower the mirror again) - you can turn it on only in photo shooting mode. The most accurate and fast focus when shooting a video camera gives in servo mode in the central zone.
Tracking focus on the face - quite a lot of mistakes.

What other ways can improve the focus?

In the lens 18-55 there is a stepper motor, it is slow in itself. You can change it to a lens with a STM motor - the motor is silent and the speed is higher (from zooms 18-135 - not to be confused with the regular version) or to a lens with a USM motor - the speed is much higher, there is a sound of the mator, but it's quiet.

Rep: (139)
Sergei Starostin,
Thanks, thanks. True, STM will already be more expensive.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/27/19, 12:02