Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 / Yoga 11 / Yoga 11s - Discussion | [notebook] Touch-type ultrabook transformer
Lenovo Yoga.
What is your ultrabook?
Lenovo Yoga 11. [ 74 ] ** [16,19%]
Lenovo Yoga 13. [ 339 ] ** [74,18%]
Lenovo Yoga 11s. [ 46 ] ** [10,07%]
Total votes: 457

Rep: (1246)
DiscussionLenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 / 11s / 13
PictureLenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 / 11s / 13
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Ubuntu пїЅ | Change OS пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached ImageAttached Image

Description and specifications:
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga- universal convertible ultrabook, able to work in four positions: laptop, tablet, presentation and console. Thanks to the powerful processors from Nvidia or Intel, it easily copes with any task, and its small size and weight along with high autonomy allows it to be used everywhere. There are three types - Lenovo Yoga 11 with Windows RT, Lenovo Yoga 11s with Y-processors and Lenovo Yoga 13 with U-processors on full-fledged Windows 8.

Lenovo Yoga 11:
CPU : Nvidia Tegra 3 T30S 1.4 GHz.
RAM: 2 GB DDR3L-1600 MHz, 1 slot, maximum 2 GB.
Video card: Nvidia ULP GeForce 533 MHz, 12 cores, SMA.
Screen: 11.6 "1366x768, ten-finger multitouch.
HDD: SSD 32-64 GB.
Battery life: up to 13 hours.
Operating system: Windows 8 RT ( no other OS can not be put! )
Weight: 1.27 kg.
Sizes (LxWxD), mm: 298x204x15.6.
Connectors: USB 2.0 x2, HDMI, 1 audio 3.5 mm, SD.
Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11n / b / g, Bluetooth 4.0.
Video camera: frontal, 1 MP.

Lenovo Yoga 11s:
CPU : IntelВ® Core в„ў i3-3229Y 1.4 GHz / i5-3339Y 1.5 GHz / i7-3689Y 1.5 GHz (Ivy Bridge).
RAM: 2/4/8 GB DDR3L-1600 MHz, 1 slot, maximum 8 GB.
Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 350-850 MHz, up to 2 GB SMA.
Screen: 11.6 "1366x768, ten-finger multitouch.
HDD: SSD 128/256/512 GB.
Battery life: till 8 o'clock
Operating system: OEM Windows 8 SL x64.
Weight: 1.4 kg.
Sizes (LxWxD), mm: 298x204x17,2.
Connectors: USB 3.0 x1, USB 2.0 x1, HDMI, 1 audio 3.5 mm, SD, 2 mSATA inside.

Lenovo Yoga 13:
CPU : IntelВ® Core в„ў i3-3217U 1.8 GHz / i3-3227U 1.9 GHz / i5-3317U 1.7 GHz / i5-3337U 1.8 GHz / i7-3517U 1.9 GHz / i7-3537U 2.0 GHz (Ivy Bridge)
RAM: 4/8 GB DDR3L-1600 MHz, 1 slot, maximum 8 GB.
Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 350-1100 MHz, up to 2 GB SMA.
Screen: 13.3 "1600x900, ten-finger multitouch.
HDD: SSD 128-256 GB.
Battery life: till 8 o'clock
Operating system: OEM Windows 8 SL x64.
Weight: 1.54 kg.
Sizes (LxWxD), mm: 333.4x224.8x16.9.
Connectors: USB 3.0 x1, USB 2.0 x1, HDMI, 1 audio 3.5 mm, SD, 2 mSATA inside.

Read more here: Lenovo Yoga .
Video reviews: Oldi , YouTube .
Accessories: Lenovo Shop .
Case review: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 and Yoga 11 (Post # 24188729) .
User manuals:
-in English:Attached fileyoga13_ug_en.pdf(5.13 MB)
-in Russian.
FAQ:
Instructions:
Questions and answers:

AT: After reinstalling Windows in my tablet mode, the physical keyboard does not turn off. How to fix it?
ABOUT:You can fix it by installingLenovo Transitionand ALSControl (available in drivers on the Lenovo website).

AT: In tablet mode, the frequency of the processor drops sharply and it becomes uncomfortable to work. How to fix it?
ABOUT:This is corrected by turning off the DPTF parameter in the BIOS.

AT: What is the time of the ultrabook battery life?
ABOUT:From 5-6 hours in power saving mode to 2-3 hours in high performance mode.

AT: Ultrabook long goes to sleep. How to fix?
ABOUT: Decision.

AT: The keyboard above bends slightly. This is normal?
ABOUT:Yes, it is at all, and it is not a marriage.

AT: What is Windows RT and can I run .exe on it?
ABOUT:This is a special version of Windows for ARM processors, in appearance it almost does not differ from Windows 8. But because of the incompatibility of ARM and x86-64 .exe architectures, you cannot run.

AT: My ultrabook does not charge more than 60%. How to fix?
ABOUT:In the Lenovo Management program, you need to check the "Maximum battery life".

AT: Where can I watch games that normally go on an ultrabook?
ABOUT: Here.

AT: I want to increase the RAM to 8 GB. What bar should I take?
ABOUT: See here.

AT: According to the specification, the memory should be 1600 MHz, and according to the indications of the programs it is 800 MHz. What's the matter?
ABOUT: Read here.

AT: I want to increase the amount of SSD. Which disc should I take?
ABOUT: SSD Discussion Topic. According to reviews and reviews the best Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD3.

AT: What volume cards does Yoga support?
ABOUT:Accurately supports SD and SDXC cards up to 128 GB.

AT: Does Wi-Fi work at a frequency of 5 GHz?
ABOUT:No, only at 2.4 GHz.

AT: Is it possible to put HDD 2.5 "instead of the second SSD?
ABOUT:No, because SATA has a different interface.

AT: How to enable / disable Bluetooth?
ABOUT: Like this.

AT: How to increase the sensitivity of the sensor?
ABOUT:In the device manager in the HID devices, remove the daws on energy saving on both USB input devices.

AT: Is there a flash in Metro IE?
ABOUT:There are, both on Yoga 11, and on 13.

AT: In my games, the ultrabook heats up to 90-95 degrees. Doesn't that hurt him?
ABOUT:No, it doesn't hurt - the maximum operating temperature of ULV processors is 105 degrees. This heating is due to unsuitable for gaming cooling system.

AT: How to make Wi-Fi see a lot of networks around?

AT: Are there any Yoga 13 tests?
ABOUT:There is:3DMark 06processor stress testsfrom hereand further testSunSpider.

AT: Is it possible to put something else instead of the second SSD?
ABOUT:Yes, you can, because mSATA is essentially the same as mPCI. You can put, for example, a modem.

AT: Why do different ULV processors in Yoga 13 heat differently, because they have the same TDP of 17 watts?
ABOUT: This is not exactly the case..

AT: How does Ubuntu behave on Yoga 13?
ABOUT:To readfrom hereand below.

AT: Flash applications do not work in Metro IE. How to fix?

AT: How to make the download of Windows 8 in a special mode via the command line? How to create a shortcut to shutdown or reboot the computer in special boot options?

AT: How to make more available applications in the Windows Store?
ABOUT:In the store in the Charms Bar in the settings turn off both options.

AT: IE from Metro opens on your desktop. How to fix?
ABOUT:It is necessary to set IE as the default browser.

AT: How to make the automatic appearance of the keyboard when typing on the desktop?

AT: How to increase the scale of all elements?
ABOUT:Control Panel - Design and Personalization - Screen - Scale 125%.

AT: How to remove the sound of the keys on the virtual keyboard?
ABOUT:Charms Bar - Options - Change computer settings - General - Play the sound of the keys as you type.

AT: When a hard disk is connected, it buzzes / flashes, but is not detected. How to fix?
ABOUT:No - this disk requires additional power.

AT: How to set power consumption parameters automatically?
ABOUT:Control Panel - Find and fix problems - Optimize power consumption.

AT: At the bottom of the screen on a black background visible light. Is this a marriage?
ABOUT:Many have this, marriage is not. really does not interfere.

AT: Why the system does not see all the RAM?
ABOUT:Because 128 MB are "tied" to the video card, and the system cannot use them.

AT: Will there be a warranty after reinstalling Windows?
ABOUT:Installing a new system will not be legal; restoring a system from disks is legal regardless of the number of times.

AT: Where can I get and how to update the BIOS?

AT: How to install .appx application?
ABOUT: So.

AT: How to install the application on the SD card?

AT: Does Yoga work on AutoCAD and Photoshop?
ABOUT:Yes, they work absolutely perfectly, incl. with 3D models.

AT: Is it normal that the Windows folder occupies 30 GB?
ABOUT:Yes, quite normal.

AT: Where on the Internet you can see a list of applications from the Windows Store?

AT: Is there a protective film for Yoga 13?
ABOUT:Yes, Yoga 13 "screen protector SP830.

AT: Where can I read about touch gestures in Windows 8?
ABOUT:Here:
1. Slide from the right edge of the screen (Charms menu).
When you swipe your finger from the right edge of the screen toward the center with a short gesture, a menu appears, which Microsoft calls the Charms menu. Here are located items such as Search, Submit, Devices and Settings, as well as a shortcut to go to the Windows start screen.
2. Sliding from the left edge of the screen (Switching between programs)
When you have several applications running at the same time, the gesture from the left edge to the center of the screen allows you to switch between them, as you do this using the Alt + Tab keyboard shortcut on your computer.
3. Slow scrolling from the left edge of the screen
If you repeat the previous gesture more slowly, you can slide the application window to the side, and display it next to the window of another running application side by side. At the same time, one program takes up about a quarter of the screen, and another window takes up the remaining three quarters. You can change these proportions by pulling the black dividing strip between them.
4. From left to right and back.
If you swipe from the left edge of the screen and then quickly bring it back, a panel with thumbnails of running applications will appear on the screen, and you can switch to any of them, or go to the start screen by selecting its shortcut, which is located below.
5. From top to bottom (close the program).
You can close the current program with a sliding gesture from the top of the screen down to about half the screen. Imagine that you are dropping an application into an invisible basket located under the tablet screen.
6. Short gesture down (Call additional menu).
Just as you can bring up the Charms menu, with a gesture down from the top of the screen or up from the bottom of the screen, you can invoke a menu of additional options or program settings. Just make the gesture down not too long, otherwise you will close the current application (see the previous paragraph).
For example, in Internet Explorer 10, a short gesture from the top of the screen downwards brings up a menu with a list of current tabs, a button to create a new tab, and an entry line for an address.
On the Windows start screen, using these gestures, you can see all the applications that are installed on your tablet, and not just those that are attached to the start screen.
7. Sliding down any element (Choice).
On the start screen, you can use the gesture from top to bottom on any of the tiles, select it and call additional functions, such as changing its size, uninstalling the program, detaching it from the start screen, or switching it to a “live” view, in which the shortcut remains attached to the start screen and contains the changing real-time content of the program window.
8. Pinch (Scaling).
Recently, this gesture has become the unspoken standard for scaling the image on the screen in different operating systems. Windows 8 is no exception, and you can use this gesture in applications and on the start screen to quickly display an invisible area on the screen when you have many applications installed and they do not fit on the screen.
9. Gesture left / right in Internet Explorer (Go backward or forward).
In Explorer 10, when it works in Metro mode, there are buttons in the address bar menu to go to the previous and next pages, but you can also use these gestures for these purposes, which is much more convenient. Just slide your finger across the screen from left to right or from right to left to navigate through previously opened pages.
In contrast to the fact that most of the gestures described above need to start from the edge of the screen, the gestures “forward” and “backward” in IE10 work only when they start closer to the center of the screen. Just tap the current page and slide it left or right.

AT: How else can you call the task manager, except as Alt + Ctrl + Del?
ABOUT:Press the Windows button at the bottom of the screen and the shutdown button.

AT: When you open some programs, the brightness of the screen drops. How to fix it?

AT: What kind of RAM can I put in Lenovo Yoga 13?
ABOUT:Any DDR3 or DDR3L, the latter is preferable due to lower power consumption.

AT: After installing drivers for a sound card on Windows 8.1, Dolby Home Theater does not work, how can I fix it?
ABOUT:Install sound card drivers for Windows 8.

AT: Can I install 7 / Vista / XP on Lenovo Yoga 13?
ABOUT:It is possible, but only 7 will work normally. XP and Vista do not support ULV processors.

AT: With the cooler turned off, a quiet squeak is heard, is this normal?
ABOUT:Yes, this is the sound of a working SSD.

AT: Does Lenovo Yoga 11 have coolers?
ABOUT:No, there is passive cooling.

AT: After installing Windows 8.1 .mp3 and .mp4 stopped playing, how to fix it?
ABOUT:Install sound card drivers from the Lenovo website.

AT: Is there a 3G version of Yoga?
ABOUT:No, and in the near future will not.

AT: Bluetooth devices are constantly falling off, how to solve the problem?

AT: I stopped working double tap on the touchpad, how to fix it?
Drivers and software:
Drivers and software on the official website: Lenovo Support - drivers for Windows 8.1 from the end of October.
Windows 8.1 drivers for Yoga 13 on Yandex.Disk.
Drivers on station-drivers .
The program to control the cooler.
New drivers for the video card on the site Intel .
Hardware:
Replacing RAM: YouTube .
Replacement solid state drive: YouTube .

If someone helped you, do not write in the subject: "Thank you, you are super!". At our forum it is customary to express our gratitude by raising your reputation. This is done by clicking on the green button with the "plus" on the left below the user profile. If you have less than 15 posts, then contact the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button with a request to raise the reputation of the user who helped you.

Post has been editedPicnik - 01.07.15, 11:29
Reason for editing: Updating FAQ

Rep: (99)
PikNic, And how are things going with the battery life?

TwistedAndy,
We haven’t been able to check it to its fullest yet, but it will last 5-6 hours at a reduced brightness and optimized settings. But for the time being, I didn’t need any autonomous work for too long, I put out the brightness for almost everything - 4-5 hours here.

Rep: (73)
I have on i3 4giga and 128 ssd. You can stick up to 8 gigs of operatives and the second ssd))) without any special interventions

Rep: (0)
Question: Is there a full-fledged wind? And will the "full-fledged" applications work like Autocad, 3Dmax, Photoshop?

Post has been editedn1cko22 - 05.03.13, 14:15

n1cko22 @ 03/05/2013, 15:13*
Winda here full?

Naturally, it is Intel Core i3 / 5/7, everything works. But special performance for applications
n1cko22 @ 03/05/2013, 15:13*
Autocad, 3Dmax, Photoshop

I would not wait

PikNic @ 03/05/2013, 14:44*
I would not wait

It is a pity, I really liked this laptop store ((
but the programs above I really need, because of this and need a laptop. I will wait for something more powerful in terms of graphics ...

n1cko22 @ 03/05/2013, 13:13*
Question: Is there a full-fledged wind? And will the "full-fledged" applications work like Autocad, 3Dmax, Photoshop?

Yes, full. Applications like AutoCAD, Photoshop and others will feel very good even on such a system. To work even better, it is recommended to purchase additional RAM.

TwistedAndy @ 03/07/2013, 00:37*
It is recommended to purchase RAM.

And buy with a Core i7. My Core i3 just will not pull

PikNic @ 03/06/2013, 10:48*
And buy with a Core i7. My Core i3 just will not pull

Why not pull? For those programs, the presence of HT will already be a big plus. On Core i3 / i5, they feel good.

Rep: (1)
I bought this device yesterday with a Core i5 and 128 Gb HDD for 38900 rubles with delivery.

What can I say:
- looks great
- the screen is wonderful (I don’t see any sense in modern devices without touch screens)
- the weight is quite acceptable, on the couch in tablet mode in general, the weight is not felt
- but heating is, but not critical
- the fan always works, but for me it is so quiet that I do not feel.
- the transformation approach itself is very convenient, the mechanism looks reliable.

First battery test
Today arranged a battery test
I started the video and connected an external hard drive via USB. At 11:50 in the morning it was 100% battery, and the computer was cut out at 16:05. To be precise, the video itself launched at 12:25. And before that I installed the software.
As a result, 4 hours quietly keeps, at maximum brightness, but no more.

What worries:
- when the laptop arrived, I didn’t get it without connecting to the network, but after 3 minutes the battery charge showed 56%. I do not know what to say but, the test for the battery seems to have gone fine - 4 hours of video.
It was difficult to say whether the battery was discharged to zero. after 3 minutes, when the Windows was installed and booted it was 56%. Any idea anyone thread?

- as already read on the forum, some kind of unstable Wi-Fi and this is already a big mow. At 1 meter from the access point, it shows not all the strips - tin!
And even when surfing the Internet, and especially when working with the application store, the Modern UI often crashes a message that there is no connection to the network. Is the people somehow being treated?

If it were not for problems with WiFi and with a strange power supply without a network at the time of unpacking, then I would say that the device is super, and so far I am waiting for what happens next.
If you have questions - ask.

Juuunior @ 03/15/2013, 16:25*
I do not know what to say but

Protective circuit - battery is half charged, but without a network, the laptop cannot be turned on for the first time.

Rep: (-1)
I watched it twisted ... and then it dawned on me! Yoga has 2 mSATA connectors. One is busy SSD another free (installation of another 1 SSD is possible).
The idea is to stuff not a SDD but a 3G / LTE adapter into this slot.
Adapters found. The question of how to keep the sim also disappears (Picture)
The question is only about the BIOS bias. I heard and more than once that Lenovo is "having fun" with it.

Question. How better to do it ... or spit, buy another 128 and sit "contented" with wifi through the phone?

Lazzer18, The easiest way is simply to connect via USB.

Rep: (1137)
Replacing RAMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uCooHm4kw
Replacing the hard drivehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At-Br20OAvg

Characteristics on the official sitehttp://www.lenovo.com/products/us/tech-spe...d/yoga/yoga-13/
Official Russian sitehttp://shopap.lenovo.com/ru/ru/products/la...d/yoga/yoga-13/
Official english websitehttp://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/i...d/yoga/yoga-13/

User Manual in English, not found in Russian)Attached fileyoga13_ug_en.pdf(5.13 MB)

Specifications:Attached fileIdeaPad-Yoga-13-datasheet.pdf(1.7 MB)

All official stores with growth and warranty year are written on the manufacturer's website:http://locator.lenovomobile.ru/index.php?q=495
Best prices in the note
http://www.notik.ru/search.htm?searchtype=..vovoideapad+yogaAnd there are many different configurations.

There are 4 assemblies (there are others), I am writing only the differences
1) IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-3537U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD
2) IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-3517U, 4 GB RAM, 128 SSD
3) IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-3317U, 4 GB RAM, 128 SSD
4) IntelВ® Core в„ў i3-3217U, 4 GB RAM, 128 SSD

Processor comparison tablehttp://ark.intel.com/ru/compare/65714,72054,65707,65697

The differences in the processor are significant only between versions i3 and i5, then the processor performance doesn’t grow much, so you can not overpay for the first assembly with the previous ones, you can increase the RAM, the video is higher, 8 GB of RAM costs 2000r. SSD costs 7000r, if not more expensive, and to find such SSD is a huge problem. Slot number 1 justifiably expensive only because of the SSD. Memory can be increased at the expense of a memory card at 64 GB (2000p) or 128 (4000r.).

Accessories (http://shopap.lenovo.com/ru/ru/products/la...d/yoga/yoga-13):
1) Lenovo Yoga Case 13 inch
2) Lenovo Compact 45W Charger
3) Screen protector for Lenovo Yoga screen 13 inches
4) Lenovo DB80 Ultra-thin DVD Burner

Equipment:
- A laptop
- External power adapter
- Battery
- User's manual

Video reviews:
http://oldi.ru/catalog/element/0204070/
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...IdeaPad+Yoga+13

Lazzer18 @ 03/18/2013, 14:04*
a 3G / LTE adapter.

GPS is not enough yet)

Post has been editedmainbord - 09.04.13, 23:12

Friends, and no one can make and lay out a disk image (entirely with all hidden sections) "out of the box" and lay out? : blush: I would be very grateful

Hello
I bought Lenovo yoga 11 today after switching on for 30 and 10 seconds when the screen turns off bright and then becomes darker (as if switching to economy mode) even makes it inconvenient to work (brightness is full)
How to make it brighter?

qsz27,
Auto brightness is not turned on by accident? Look, if there are any pre-installed programs from Lenovo, Yoga 13 has Power Management (hanging in the tray), I don’t know if there is Yoga 11

The problem was solved. There was a brightness sensor (I chose brightness myself) I only chose something dimly, as soon as I turned it off, everything became bright and beautiful.
only here the question arose about the OS in RT is worth RT here I didn’t find a section with prog and games for RT
maybe looking bad
tell me where it is, and whether it can be made (RT) fully functional as an Eight, or something like a stump

qsz27 @ 03/28/2013, 12:59*
and is it possible to make it (RT) fully functional as an Eight

Not. And there is no section with games and programs either, because While there is an opportunity to put the metro program only from the market.

Rep: (13)
PikNic @ 03/26/2013, 5:02 PM*
Friends, and no one can make and lay out a disk image (entirely with all hidden sections) "out of the box" and lay out? I would be very grateful

And if it's not a secret, why do you need this? Are you going to sell it (in the sense of a laptop)?
With a breakdown of the disk I have less than 90 GB. total disk space was. and now it’s about 117, and the recovery disk was created using Windows tools and takes up less than 8 GB. on the penny SD card.

Post has been editedneomatrix_kz - 28.03.13, 13:02
Reason for editing: spelling and syntax

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19, 19:23