> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Ainol Novo 10 Hero II - Firmware

Rep: (40)
Ainol Novo 10 Hero II - Firmware
PictureErgo Tab Hero 2
Overview | Discussion | Firmware | Discussion of applications and games | Buying devices and accessories | Talker |

Instructions, Tips, and Frequently Asked Questions
Instruction:How to install a new firmware on the tablet?
Detailed instructions with pictures - Attached fileAinol + Novo + Hero + II.pdf (1.07 MB)
In the latest versions of the utility, the checkboxes of the firmware files are installed automatically.

Instructions for firmware Ainol Novo 10 Hero II QuadCore[/ hide]

Instruction: How to install CWM Recovery?
Detailed instructions with pictures how to install and how to use CWM Recovery - Instructions for firmware CWM.pdf (840.88 KB)

What is my HERO I or HERO II tablet?
According to external signs, it is impossible to distinguish HERO I from HERO II. Corps copy each other. At the moment I know while 3 options. Who knows more say add.
1 option
Go to the settings. Go to the bottom of the tab "About the Tablet PC." In the menu item "Model" pay attention to the inscriptionQuad corewhat does the Four core processor mean, and therefore we haveHERO II.
Attached Image

Option 2
Like a roulette lucky bad luck. ATHero iin the microphone hole there is a miniature reset button (mikrik) and if you press there with something sharp you can feel a characteristic click and a reset will occur. HaveHERO IIthere, as it should be a microphone, and if you wake something up there, you can damage it. So advice advice but think for yourself.

3 option
Less barbaric, but a bit more complicated. Open the tablet and see the name of the processor. It opens in 5 seconds, seeinstruction. If aATM7029it means youHERO II
Attached Image

What is my LG or Samsung screen?
If V1 is indicated (see drawing), then you have a LG screen.
If you specify V2 (see drawing), then you have a Samsung screen.
Attached Image

How to install the driver in Windows 8?
To do this, you will need to disable the manufacturer’s digital signature verification. This is due to the Windows security system.How to do this, see here.

How to install the Russian language after the firmware?
In the main menu we find this icon (Settings).
Attached Image

Click on the item with a little white icon with a letter A (for the future we remember how it looks). In the menu that opens on the right side, click the topmost item.
Attached Image

Scroll almost to the bottom, click on Russian.
Attached Image

If you got a brick?
After the wrong firmware, the tablet does not react to anything. All options tried. Then youhere. Thank you sayfet fet. If this method does not work - trysuch. The best option is to find documentation on the chip and contacts by analogy with the first method.

The tablet does not load. Hangs at the beginning of the download on the inscriptions Ainol Novo 10 Hero
At the moment there are three reasons for freezing (if you know more write).
The first reason (the most common)- overloaded, in what way, how, how, the history is silent? Solution - Option # 1.
The second reason (it happens less often)- There are many assumptions on the forums, but the following is more often voiced: "Maybe your memory has fallen off and you need to format it." Solution - option number 2, or option number 3. A significant disadvantage of using these two solutions is the loss of all the data in the internal memory.
The third reason (extremely rare).- Manufacturing defects. Perhaps not drunk. Solution - Option # 4.
Option number 1 - off.
Press the Power button and hold it for 10-15 seconds, then wait 5 seconds and re-enable your tablet.

Option number 2 - Formatting through System recovery.
Go to Recovery:
1. Turn off the tablet (if it is of course enabled).
2. Press the buttonVolume-.
3. Without releasing it we clamp a buttonInclusions.
4. As soon as you see the inscription on the screen Ainol Hero 10 ..., releasejust a button Turning onbuttonVolume-continue to hold.
5. As soon as the recumbent robot appeared, release the buttonLoudness.
Navigate the menu using the buttons.Volume +andVolume-action confirmation buttonTurning on.

In the menu, perform the following steps.
Step 1:wipe data / factory reset- data formatting / reset to default settings.
Step 2:wipe cache partition- formatting the cache section.
Step 3:reboot system now- reboot.

Option number 3 - Formatting through the installation of firmware.
Reflash. After formatting the internal sdcard by means of windows, with full (long) formatting.

Option number 4 - Barbarian.
Attention!!! This is the most extreme way. Use it if we suck nothing helped. Brick. Also, do not forget if the tablet under warranty can send back to the seller.For this method you will have to open the tablet, completely disconnect the board and warm it. (How to do this, look on the Internet for information on how to restore the graphics card), I personally restored the work of 2 tablets in this way.

I can not turn off the tablet, I turn it off, and it reboots.
This situation appears after the wrong firmware. The system does not boot, and when you press the button, turning off the tablet does not turn off as we would like, but starts loading again.
Method number 1
Connect the tablet to the computer with a cable to any USB port. Press the shutdown button and hold it down for 20 seconds. Afterwards, let go and wait a bit. If a battery appears on the screen, you can disconnect the cable. The tablet is turned off.

Method number 2
1. Clamp the buttonVolume +and without releasing it we clamp the buttonTurning onfor 15-20 seconds.
Next buttonInclusionsrelease, but the buttonVolume +continue to hold until shutdown. Thank you say -kwassa

When will the new firmware, or update?
You yourself can track the release of new firmware on the official website of Ainol for exampleRight here.. Before they appear there, no one can answer you. Do not know Chinese? Google Chrome, eitherGoogle translatorYou can help.

How to get a ROOT?
ROOT is already received on all firmware.

How can I save all applications with all settings?
You can using the programTitanium backup, but better with the help of CWM Recovery which needs to be installed in the firmware. How to do this, see "Instructions".

How do I get into System Recovery or CWM Recovery?

With the help of the programReboot recovery ., either Rom manager or buttons. See description below.

1. Turn off the tablet (if it is of course enabled).
2. Clamp the buttonVolume-.
3. Without releasing it we clamp a buttonInclusions.
4. As soon as they saw the inscription on the screen of Ainol Hero 10 ..., release only the buttonTurning onbuttonVolume-continue to hold.
5. As soon as the robot appeared, release the buttonLoudness.
Moving buttonsVolume +andVolume-, action confirmation buttonTurning on.

The following menu items are available for System Recovery:

1. reboot system now- reboot.
2. apply update from ADB- install updates via ADB
3. wipe data / factory reset- data formatting / reset to default settings.
4. wipe cache partition- formatting cache partition
5. apply update from sdcard- install updates from Sdcard.

P.s. You probably heard from many such a question - did you do all the wipe? Know this about points 3 and 4. You have to use them for example when your tablet stops running or is constantly hanging on the initial splash screen, etc.

Problems with the firmware!
The flashing program stopped at 5%!
1. In this case, you need to disconnect the tablet from the computer
2. Turn on the tablet itself!
3. Turn it off normally, wait 2 minutes!
4. Clamping the Vol + connect it to the computer!
The problem must be solved!

Charging work, but the tablet does not charge
We read this post .

Drivers and Utilities

Actions PAD Product Tool v1.07.02
Actions ATM702X Hardware Check Tool / Memory Scan Tools- utility for hardware verification. If the tablet enters the firmware mode, it may be possible to check.
Older versions:Use with caution
Actions PAD Product Tool v1.06_02
Action PAD Product Tool v1.05_02 Translation for herFast
Actions PAD End User Upgrade - Yandex
Actions Tablet Product Tool v1.02_04 (old version!) - Yandex
Drivers -Yandex

Firmware

MiniFAQ on firmware, for reading to beginnersnecessarily
Vocabulary:
  • stock, stock - factory, original (for firmware, recovery, software, etc.)
  • recovery (recovery) - a special mode of the tablet for its maintenance, we have a stock, CWM or TWRP
  • Flash the tablet through a PC, or a PC, or via a PAD — the Actions PAD Product Tool is used for the firmware (from the topic header), the firmware consists of many files (system.img, rec.img, misc.img, etc.)
  • flash through recovery - the firmware is copied to the tablet’s memory or a memory card and flashed in recovery mode without a PC, the firmware is a ZIP archive and must contain the META-INF folder

Firmware marked in the {REC} header - stitched through the recovery, marked {PAD} - through the PC.
For the firmware, you need to make sure that you are holding Hero II (Quad) and know the modification of the LG (V1) or Samsung (V2) display.

Instructions for “how to do this” are listed inFrequently Asked Questions.

Official firmware Updated 04/01/2014
Bbs ainol Links to track the release of new firmware.
For display V1 (LG)
Jelly Bean (4.1.x) V1 (LG).
12/28/2012 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Dropbox
01/04/2013 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Dropbox
01/31/2013 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Dropbox
03.28.2013 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Yandex
04/27/2013 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Yandex
Jelly Bean (4.2.x) V1 (LG)
04/08/2013 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Yandex
05/21/2013 V1 (LG) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, YandexDo not put on this version of CWM Recovery, a permanent reset to the original settings is possible.
01/04/2014 V1 (LG) {PAD}Fast

For display V2 (Samsung)
Jelly Bean (4.1.x) V2 (Samsung).
01/17/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com
01/31/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, Dropbox
03/28/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com
04/27/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com
05/07/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com
Jelly Bean (4.2.x) V2 (Samsung)
04/08/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com,Yandex
05/21/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Bbs.ainol.com, YandexDo not put on this version of CWM Recovery, a permanent reset to the original settings is possible.
10/18/2013 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Fast
01/04/2014 V2 (Samsung) {PAD}Fast

Recovery

Bootloaders

Unofficial firmware updated 04/17/2015
Ainol_SDK1224 (2014.03.25) by iBullRay the last one is 04/17/2015

SharkAndroid by iBullRay the last one is from 12.09.2014

Modifications from user3 the last one is from 03.06.2014

Hero II FW by iBullRay last from 02.26.2014

Hexus the last from 01/25/2014

Cyanogenmod last from 11/30/2013
www.slatedroid.com- link to the project page.

CyanogenMod 10.2 (4.3.1)
Download ROM (for all screens!)Mediafire
Special .zip (install after ROM) 11/30/2013 (for screens v2, Samsung) -Mediafire
Special .zip (install after ROM) 11/30/2013 (for screens v1, LG) -Mediafire
Gapps (For all screens!) -Download

Development of firmware, source
Utility for unpacking the boot.img ATM7029 kernel
Utility for package unpacking the app and framework from the firmwareAndroid Firmware Tool
Android Firmware Tool Settings for the ATM7029
How to work with the program - there is a forum and instructions.
In order for the program to work correctly with the firmware of the tablet, you need
  • 80 Version APKTOOL - select the latest version (you can last without an index b (beta))
  • 81 Version SMALI - select the latest version (you can last without an index b (beta))
  • In the utility folder in the bin folder, in the bcp subfolder, create the AINOL.bat file with the contents indicated below, then in the 83 BootClassPath program specify the AINOL.bat file

set BCP = core.jar: core-junit.jar: bouncycastle.jar: ext.jar: framework.jar: telephony-common.jar: mms-common.jar: android.policy.jar: services.jar: apache-xml .jar: actions.jar:
set DEXOPT_BCP = / system / framework / core.jar: /system/framework/core-junit.jar: /system/framework/bouncycastle.jar: /system/framework/ext.jar: /system/framework/framework.jar: /system/framework/telephony-common.jar:/system/framework/mms-common.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml .jar: /system/framework/actions.jar:

Addition to the firmware 4.2.2 V2 (from 10/18/2013)
Addition to the firmware 4.2.2 (from 04.01.2014)
Vendor_App
GPU optimizer
Partial sources for Actions Semiconductors ATM7029
Sources Actions Semiconductors ATM7029- complete Android & Platform SDK for ATM7029

K
There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvaalf - 14.10.16, 21:01
Reason for editing: the name of the topic, the cap is given in the standard section.

Rep: (76)
Already the second version of the firmware for this device

http://www.jsxltech.com/blogs/ainol-forum/...ro-ii-quad-core

This version is fixing or improving on:

your Ainol Novo 10 Hero II charged full faster;
accelerating the booting speed.

Accelerates device startup speed and corrects charging efficiency.

Post has been editeduser3 - 22.06.14, 20:57
Reason for editing: New poll!

Rep: (76)
Well, why not take the firmware and info on them on the offsite?

If only because it is in Chinese. And on my link instruction in English.

PUHH123 @ 01.11.2013, 06:28*
P.A, can you take home 4th chips at home and replace them with others?

I wrote theoretically. Maybe there are such craftsmen.

Rep: (13)
Launched to download - the speed is really 6-7 kb. I think for the inability to flood

20130104-V1 firmware Aino NOVO10 hero quad-core processor
Type: driver firmware
Download: 468 Views: 451
Size: 281.32 MB
Time: 2013.01.08

This firmware version has significant improvements:
1, to improve charging efficiency
2, ideal fast loading

Note: before upgrading
1: install the machine there is an important copy of the file (the update will clear all the memory inside)
2: Check the version number of the machine (you need to download the appropriate version number of the firmware)
3: random charger distribution
4: If the machine did not find the problem, and do not recommend the update operation
5: support for operating system update (WIN-XP32-bit / 64-bit win-7-32 / 64

Rep: (29)
PostedAinol Novo10 Hero 2 Quad Core firmware manual

Post has been editedpedrosoft - 14.01.13, 01:27

Rep: (29)
Is it possible to put a root from 2 to 4 cores?

Already there is a root in the firmware :)

Rep: (5)
pedrosoft , the question is, in your review stock firmware? Or the last?
Malukao, , I am pleased to get acquainted with your review)))
ZY Then I can forget my own))) And why not? : D

Rep: (0)
pedrosoft
Posted guide on firmware Ainol Novo10 Hero 2 Quad Core

Tell me, after the flashing, the processor frequency is so 1.2 and it remains or did it become 1.5 as stated by the manufacturer?

Rep: (3)
brick .... firmware hang by 5% ... was charged ... firewood was identified .. and determined .. but not stitched ... hangs on the same (((

and does not turn on anymore ... (I stitched several whales before. everything was ok .. and the tablets were .. my hands didn’t seem to be crooked and I did everything according to the instructions .. what was wrong ..)

Attached images
Attached Image

: rolleyes: I reread. What was the glitch I do not know. Perhaps influenced by some of the drivers of previous phones. (but this is just a guess. I managed to flash it from the 10th attempt ... I tried it on a netbook - the same error popped up. And then it worked. Miracles)

Rep: (34)
AsmodeyZ, Can the cable be buggy?
Write in 2 words the first impression of the device.

AsmodeyZ @ 01/23/2013, 00:02*
brick .... firmware hang by 5% ... was charged ... firewood was identified .. and determined .. but not stitched ... hangs on the same (((

and does not turn on anymore ... (I stitched several whales before. everything was ok .. and the tablets were .. my hands didn’t seem to be crooked and I did everything according to the instructions .. what was wrong ..)

The same canoe, only the tablet did not turn into a brick, but everything was the same. plowing ... and the Chinese software is in place .... Tell me who did it, in what mode to connect to the computer and sew (debug mode on yusb on, when connected it is defined as Novo 10 Hero Quadcore, the software for the firmware does not react in any way, I click on nothing is changed, but if you disable debug mode and connect it to your computer, the program sees the device and the system defines it as Actions usb 2.0 (hs) winusb device, but the firmware stops after 5 seconds and the second a line in the program "[A] DOWNLOAD_ADEC_FAILED", if you turn on your drive, the same happens)

The tablet should be turned off when you connect to the cable. In the connection settings, I did not change anything as the tablet came. I had drivers for the phone (Zopo and Lenovo) so I think that the reason was in them. Well, do not forget to hold down the volume button "+" before you connect the tablet. Try to remove the program for the firmware and put it again. Well, and another tip - do not connect any other usb devices during the firmware and it is advisable not to use usb hubs. I think that just the device falls off and therefore it turns out. (No other ideas (

PS Unfortunately, after the firmware, it did not become more stable with me. I'll try again today. the games from the market are not pulled pleases.: blush:

The tablet should be turned off when you connect to the cable. In the connection settings, I did not change anything as the tablet came. I had drivers for the phone (Zopo and Lenovo) so I think that the reason was in them. Well, do not forget to hold down the volume button "+" before you connect the tablet. Try to remove the program for the firmware and put it again. Well, and another tip - do not connect any other usb devices during the firmware and it is advisable not to use usb hubs. I think that just the device falls off and therefore it turns out. (No other ideas (

Thanks for the hint .... I stuck the tablet on, hence the problems .... With the tablet turned off, everything was done as it should.

ps Angribyards and ninja did not put .... NSF (level 3 graphics), Battlefield 2 (threw out a couple of times). des rally. hiro of Sparta - everything goes well

Rep: (1)
sergo2011,
what do you mean tinker ...

For example, the starting firmware on the devices is rather raw, and they need to be reinstalled to fresh in order to achieve greater performance

Rep: (-5)
For example, the starting firmware on the devices is rather raw, and they need to be reinstalled to fresh in order to achieve greater performance

: D You forgot to indicate that this is only your IMHO.
In my opinion - this is complete nonsense and the official stock firmware is great. No failure, glitch, freeze.
My HeroII came with android version 4.1.1, kernel version 3.4.0+, build number 2012.12.28 V1

Of the minuses seen - IMHO can not work on the network, because The power supply unit (battery charger) gets very hot. Kslov, in this model it is changed - a ferrite ring and a maximum current of 3A.
And on the one hand, the screen mount is weak - when you click on the edge a little "walks" by 0.5mm.
The camera compared to the Fire disgusting.

new firmware seem out. Only - This firmware distributes the V2 version number (Samsung screen: The machine serial number is 8841 years)

http://www.ainol.com/plugin.php?identifier...;downloadid=124

on my seemingly do not fit (if I correctly found the serial)

Connoisseur of Chinese (and the one who is not afraid to be a pioneer) can put

This is the topic: Disconnect and then connect wifi on Hero2. And the results are:
The first minute I have a speed of about 6-7 Mbit after a minute or more, the speed becomes 0.6-0.7 Mbit ... I reconnect wifi everything is OK! On other devices everything is ok ... Firmware ???

There are still unofficial Chinese firmware. Today I will try to download and install. Although, I’m hoping that I’ll earn enough money normally (I’ll have to send it under warranty. And this is a loss of about 2 months and costs of sending. Not counting the month I waited for the tablet to arrive. In a word, I lost this lottery (. Mostly I’m a supporter I’ve encountered the problem for the first time with Chinese products. It’s impossible to find the cause of constant visu when launching games. No Ainola website in Chinese only. There’s a forum for foreigners, but I’m barely able to register (I’m still a bit of Chinese). little will (selling I dropped the link to the firmware that I’ve put up already. Therefore, there’s not enough from the seller of the supor ... In short, I don’t have one conclusion to this story - I don’t buy new products right away, because in case of a marriage or poor device you lose either money or time (. And the products are not new, at least you will know the percentage of marriage or the risks associated with the defective device.

Eh damn ... I'll go drink something with grief)

Post has been editedChistota - 29.04.13, 03:39

Rep: (1)
Then such a question, is there anyone here who has normally become the latest firmware version (v2)?

Rep: (2)
dark3147 @ 1.2.2013, 21:27*
The firmware came out new, but I did not understand what it was doing?

And why is it not on ainol.com?
STV2 @ 1.2.2013, 21:06*
Atom60,
Stop talking nonsense.

Well, I just decided to try pure Chinese devices after I liked huawei. But in the case I received VERY strong differences in quality, which are compensated by price. Hardly I will try again, huawei do not need to disassemble.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 08:32