Product Segment: N600 advanced performance; 300 + 300Mbps
Data Rate:
802.11a: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
802.11g: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps
802.11n: up to 300Mbps
Antenna: Internal dBi antenna x 5
Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz / 5.1 ~ 5.8GHz
Encryption: 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
Ports: 4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabits BaseT for WAN, USB 2.0 x 2
Button: WPS Button, Reset Button
Led indicator: PWR x 1, LAN x 1, WAN x 1, USB x 1, AIR x 2
Power Supply: AC Input: 110V ~ 240V (50 ~ 60Hz)
DC Output: 19 V with max. 1.58 A current
Dimensions: 172 x 145 x 60 mm (WxDxH)
Router Special Features: 3G / 4G data sharing Printer server Download Master AiDisK
Asus RT-N56U B1
Supported network standards:
IEEE 802.11a
IEEE 802.11b
IEEE 802.11g
IEEE 802.11n
IPv4, IPv6
Product Segment: N600 advanced performance: 300 + 300 Mbps
Coverage: small homes
Data Rate:
802.11a: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
802.11g: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps
802.11n: up to 300 Mbps
Antenna: Internal 3.17 dBi antenna x 2, Internal 4dBi antenna x 2 for Wi-Fi
RAM: 16 MB Flash, 128 MB RAM
Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
Encryption: 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise
Firewall & Access Control:
- Firewall:
пјЋSPI intrusion detection

- Access control:
пјЋGuest access
пјЋParental control
пјЋNetwork service filter
пјЋURL / Port filter
VPN Support: PPTP Pass-Through, L2TP Pass-Through, PPTP server
WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
Utilities:
- Download master:
пјЋSupport BT, NZB, HTTP, ED2K
пјЋSupport encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
пјЋUpload and download bandwidth control
пјЋDownload scheduling

- File server:
пјЋSamba and FTP server with account management

- Network map

- Traffic monitor
Ports: RJ45 for 10/100/1000 BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for 10/100/1000 BaseT for LAN x 4, USB 2.0 x 2
Button: WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button
Led indicator: USB x 1, LAN x 1, WAN x 1, Wireless x 2, Power x 1
Power Supply: AC Input: 110V ~ 240V (50 ~ 60Hz), DC Output: 12 V with max. 1.5 A current
OS support: Windows 7, Windows 8, WindowsВ® 8.1, Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X, Linux Kernel (Support Ubuntu only), Linux, AndroidTM
Dimensions: 6.77 x 5.6 x 2.36 ~ inch (WxDxH)
Weight: 300 g
Completion:
пјЋRT-N56U Dual-band Wireless-N600 Gigabit Router
пјЋSupport CD
пјЋ Warranty Card
UQuick Start Guide
пјЋRJ-45 cable
пјЋPower adapter
Router Special Features: 3G / 4G data sharing, AiCloud, Printer server, Download Master, AiDisK, Multiple SSIDs, Parental Control
Operation mode: Wireless router mode, Access point mode
A photo :
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews:
Drivers, utilities, official firmware
Padavan firmware

Frequently asked Questions
What is the difference of this firmware from the factory Asus?
Asus is faced with the task of developing firmware for very different devices within a single code base. The goal of this project is to maximize the use of the capabilities of Mediatek hardware. In particular, as of November 2013, this firmware has already used hardware offload for UDP WAN traffic and Wi-Fi traffic, IGMP snooping between switch ports and some other hardware features that are not in stock.
This firmware has a much more nimble bootstrap-based web interface, based on the latest available LTS core 3.4.x. Unlike the factory, the firmware logic allows you to apply almost all settings without the need for a reboot.
There is no AiCloud, DualWAN, support for HFS + partitions on USB media, QoS settings from the web interface.
Where can I get the firmware with the latest changes?
You can borrow from the robots that collect the firmware daily:hereorhere.
How to switch from factory firmware to Padavan? How to go back to the factory?
Download the appropriate firmware, if necessary, unpack it from the archive. You should have a file with the TRX extension.
On the web interface page Administration>To update the firmware, click the Browse button, select the downloaded TRX file and click the Submit button.
In exactly the same way, you can return to the factory firmware:
Download and unpack the appropriate factory firmware,
On the Administration page>To upgrade the firmware, click Browse, select the downloaded TRX file, and click the Submit button.
Settings when changing the firmware will not be saved, the router will have to configure from scratch.
Tip: Do not try to load CFG files with factory settings on the Padavan firmware!
Since May 2016, Asus has blocked the transition to alternative firmware via the web interface, but through tftp or the recovery utility you can flash anything you want. How to do this is described in the next question.

A source:Padavan
Firmware fork Linaro1985 / padavan-ng
Firmware with ftp, transmission, dlna
Restore a router
If, after an unsuccessful firmware, the router of all signs of life, the router only slowly blinks the Power LED, then all is not lost: the bootloader is alive and the device is in recovery mode. The description of the recovery procedure for this case is detailed on the Asus website:Disaster recovery firmware on ASUS router
Important! Do not slip files that are smaller than 256KB into the recovery utility, they may be perceived as a bootloader and the garbage will be flashed into the bootloader area. There is a small header check, but if it passes on the left file, you will get a corpse that cannot be restored at home.
Useful information on recovery through the utility ASUS Firmware Restoration
1) In order for the utility to find the router sitting in recovery mode, before going to recovery, only one Ethernet cable must be connected to the router - the host from which the utility is started. Otherwise, Uboot catches another's MAC by ARP and after that the TFTP server in Uboot will not work. All cases of non-finding of the router by the utility are connected with the fact that something else is plugged into the ports. It is also desirable to pull out the WAN, in my editions of Uboot you can also restore it from the WAN port.

2) The computer’s IP address does not matter, it is important that it was on the same subnet 192.168.1.x. The utility throws a TFTP RRQ request by which the TFTP server at Uboot calculates the desired address.

3) DO NOT LOOP into the utility files smaller than 256KB in size. Small files can be perceived as a loader and the garbage will be flashed into the loader area. This applies to all devices with a fresh ASUS Uboot, the Chinese have added the ability to update the bootloader via the TFTP server in recovery mode. There is a small header check, but if it passes on the left file, there will be a corpse.

A source:Padavan

Switch dead. It is treated with special firmware.

useful links
Useful from the members of the forum

How to find out the revision B1 of the router ASUS RT-N56U? And what is the difference between revision B1 and simple RT-N56U?

Topics Curator cfgFrost. For filling caps write toQMS.
Cap in the process of filling ...

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedcfgFrost - 17.04.19, 17:42
Reason for editing: Firmware from prived1960

Rep: (0)
Guys tell me. We drove this router before it was DIR 615, he got it badly. Will this be better in range?

Rep: (41)
Will this be better in range?
Of course yes beats on ...

Drozd84 @ 03/13/19, 23:35*
Of course yes beats on ...

strange in practice, I did not notice this, I decided to leave it in the box ..

Rep: (43)
Can anyone tell me how on Padavan'e to allow the built-in Transmission (2.90) to write to folders in the root of the USB EXT4 drive, and not just in / mnt / transmission / downloads? When you specify a folder manually, trance writes that there is no space and 50/50 crashes, and after restarting it starts downloading to its directory.

I understand that he does not have permissions to access the root.

p.s. firmware 3.4.3.9-099 dlna for a beaten switch, from the link from Prived

Post has been editedSpotlight_Kid - 15.03.19, 19:11

Rep: (192)
* Spotlight_Kid,
I started Transmission on the router, I did not like it. speed up to 1-2 megabytes sec. bought a NAS on 4 disks.

Rep: (43)
speed up to 1-2 megabytes sec

Well, it’s downloading - right now I downloaded “onime” to a child from 2 peers - 4.6-6 megabytes. On a hundred. Deals - 1.2-1.5. I think order.
At the same time, the little movie from the same disk plays on the network.

Prots - yes, it loads. This router is standing on the network, let the old man work.
Before NAS'a somehow has not yet ripened. I see no use regarding my situation.

Post has been editedSpotlight_Kid - 15.03.19, 20:23

Rep: (48)
strange in practice, I did not notice this

+
Now I do not use it, but before Asus came to replace just the Long 615. I did not notice the difference (at least significant).

Post has been editedDDset - 19.03.19, 17:21

Rep: (41)
We drove this router before it was DIR 615, he got it badly. Will this be better in range?

What revision is your 615? The latest revisions are not bad in terms of power. But power is not equal to a good connection, it is better to change the location of the router, or put the N56 to hook on to it via cable 615.
N56 in any case will be a cut above than any 615

Rep: (25)
The Mi-Mini Breed bootloader will fit this router, or are we expecting a brick?

Rep: (174)
suitable for this router

Even stock bootloaders between A and B revisions are not interchangeable ...

Rep: (1)
Help solve the problem:
Given: Asus n56u revision A, firmware from Padavana RT-N56U_3.4.3.9-099_base.zip.
The Internet speed was 100, I changed the tariff to 500, the WAN link began to fall off when you force the gig, in auto mode the speed is only 100. The cable was checked on the cartoon, the resistance is normal, the DIR 825 router was installed, everything is ok, it’s 100% in the router. I read about the breakdown of the lan switch and the redesigned firmware, will it help me?

will she help me

It will not help, there is another case. Subject roar. And it has a "weak" WAN port. It is recommended between the subject and the port of the provider to try to stick a gigabit switch ...

Yes, I would not say that the line is so long, from 5 to 3. One twist is through the module. And what a switch between floors to shove))

One twist is through the module. And what a switch between floors to shove

You do not know the standard answer to the question of where to cram?
Herethey answered the same thing, do you think there is some kind of sacred knowledge?

yes thanks already figured it all done

Plushkin134 @ 03/09/19, 19:57*
About VPN- my anti-bar has been working since last year. Updated regularly, nothing flew ...

But how did you set up an anti-ban? at the router level? can I have an instruction?

and your latest compiled firmware for 56 via the link is not available already.

Collectedfresh for RT-N56U-B1

Rep: (6)
* prived1960,

maybe for A1 there is an opportunity?

AKBAR82 @ 04/02/19, 06:07*
maybe for A1 there is an opportunity?

I collect on my daughter's computer while she is studying. Will be able to collect ...

Rep: (6)
Prived1960 @ 04/02/19, 09:32*
Will be able to collect ...

Thank you very much!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 10:56 p.m.