Huawei B593 - Discussion | [ltemodem] [mifi] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1767)
CPE Huawei B593 - Discussion

A photo:
Description:
Specifications:
General characteristics
Type 4G / Wi-Fi access point (router)
802.11n wireless standard
Built-in 3G support
Built-in LTE support
MIMO support is
Reception / Transmission
Protecting Information WPA, WPA2
Access Point / Bridge Options
4xLAN switch
Port speed 100 Mbps
Number of USB 2.0 Type A 2 connectors
Extended file server features
Router
The router is
Firewall (FireWall) is
NAT is
DHCP server is
Monitoring and Configuring
Web interface is
VoIP
Number of FXS 2 ports
Additionally
USB print server interface
Additional information: two SMA connectors for connecting external 3G / 4G / LTE antennas; LTE TDD 800/900/1800/2100 / 2600MHz
Firmware
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 02.07.19, 18:15
Reason for editing: Message No. 3022, by D.S.Denton

Rep: (14)
Friends asked to buy CPE Huawei B593.
On ebay, I found two modifications, one with UMTS support (B593u-12), the second only LTE (B593s-82).

B593u-12:
LTE FDD 800, 900, 1800, 2100 and 2600 MHz
UMTS 900 and 2100 MHz
GSM 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz

B593s-82:
LTE TDD Band38 / Band40 (2300 / 2600MHz)
LTE FDD Band3 / Band7 / Band20 (800/1800 / 2600MHz)

It is clear that the first is more universal, but the question is as follows:
What is better to take i. if B593s-82 has an advantage over B593u-12 in terms of the best reception, given that the router will work only in the LTE network?

In other words, is it highly specialized, is it good or not?

Thank you in advance.

Rep: (9)
look at hereLTE frequencies for use in the Russian Federation

the choice depends on the operator / region.
The obvious disadvantage of the first option is the absence of LTE TDD. This means that, for example, it will not work with LTE from MTS in Moscow.

Rep: (17)
Guys tell me that you need to pick it up in the router so that the outlook, thundrbird and others work.

Post has been editedjan4eg - 04.05.13, 08:10

jan4eg @ 05/04/2013, 08:10*
Guys tell me that you need to pick it up in the router so that the outlook, thundrbird and others work.

I fixed it)

Rep: (0)
Took myself last week given Huawei B593u.
He pulled out a sim card (which is a little less than a year old) from E586 and inserted it into V593 ...
And LTE does not catch! No where! In line of sight before the LTE antenna too. Only UMTS (3G). Went to the service center. They offered to change the SIM to the most "new".
LTE on the new sim card immediately earned perfect.
The old one was full-length, and the new one with a universal form factor (from which you can break down a mini-sim card). How else to distinguish them - I do not know.
General remarks.
+ The web interface with settings at first glance is much better than that of my pocket E586.
- Long loaded when turned on.
- Not the best arrangement of ports, jacks for external antenna and power plug. It would be better to do everything from the side. There are no "ears" to hang on the "carnations". Purely "desktop" execution.
+ The device is stable and has a good internal antenna.
+ It is convenient that the SIM is inserted from the side outside - no need to pick it out from under the cover.

I bought this router but I can not configure it. Tell me how to set up a 3G megaphone.

Rep: (51)
Tell me how to set up a 3G megaphone.

IMHO set up a profile.
ZY
On my Huawei B593s-22, everything turned out to be simple: I inserted a SIM card from Pchelain, I picked up the profile from it with an automatic machine. I only then went to the settings to understand how this happened;) I was pleasantly surprised.

While he was going to buy Huawei B593u-12, he learned that he was taken out of production and replaced with a newer and more powerful model Huawei B593s-22.
There are several differences:
- Full 5-band support for LTE FDD + LTE TDD frequencies (that is, Megaphone, MTS, Yota, Beeline)
- The new chipset allows you to catch up with the theory up to LTE 150 Mbit / s (this is like LTE-A Advanced)
But everything else as before:
- 1 USB port
- 2 SMA connectors for external antennas + powerful enough built-in internal
- 3G support
- 2 RJ12 telephony (telephone + fax)
Differences Huawei B593u-12 vs. Huawei B593s-22
ZY
The device bought in China through the online store. Firmvre fresh from May 12, 2013. ;) There are no updates on Consumer.huawei.com yet.
Because I took in China, then the adapter of the "English" type had to be redone to "European". Included was an adapter "England-USA", but to exclude from the chain also the adapter "USA-Europe", it was necessary to peel a little and convert it into an adapter "England-Europe". Thank God the power supply unit is made multi-range 110-240v 50 / 60Hz;)

Experienced to determine that the left SMA external antenna is made for 3G networks, and the right SMA external antenna is for LTE.

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 24.08.13, 23:15
Reason for editing: addition

citrixserver,
that's what I found. I wonder what the differences?
Attached Image

Rep: (11)
Did anyone try to configure IP telephony on it?

Post has been editedalexgol8 - 07.09.13, 20:54

Rep: (29)
The device bought in China through the online store.

Share a link pliz!

Appeared on sale in Russia. We must take!

Post has been editedreutover - 22.09.13, 13:19
Reason for editing: new information

The people where you can buy it and what is the real price, and then from 8k something is a little expensive, you can buy it 4-6k rubles there are links throw PL.
Who he is like in the work of the rules. And then I already got the E352 and the wires from the computer.
For early thanks.

Smoke Yandex Market, there are links.
price ~ 6000.
just what is this option - I do not know: u-12, s-22 or something else?

Post has been editedvit @ lion - 24.09.13, 21:19

Reutover @ 09/12/2013, 20:54*
Share a link pliz!

I took through these guys www.bay.ru The company carries through its communication channels from the United States.
Worked very quickly. I received the cargo from the moment of ordering and paying by credit card in the Moscow region in Chekhov a little more than 2 weeks later.
Reutover @ 09/12/2013, 20:54*
Appeared on sale in Russia. We must take!

I would have taken, if I would have sold ... While Huawei B593s-22 has not seen on sale. Everywhere only the old model - Huawei B593u-12.

vit @ [email protected], 21:45*
Smoke Yandex Market, there are links.
price ~ 6000.
just what is this option - I do not know: u-12, s-22 or something else?

For the money they sell ONLY the old model - Huawei B593u-12. New Huawei B593s-22 on sale in Russia has not yet been noticed.
In addition, if you carefully read all the "sentences" - almost everywhere under the order. And for that kind of money only Huawei B593u-12.
Or where there is, then with the "twisted" telephone ports and in a damaged cardboard box (as the sellers assert, this does not affect the performance of the goods inside the box ...)
IMHO if I was "before the lantern":
- "twisted" telephone ports
- crumpled box (apparently "Buratin" was taken)
- the lack of support on the new chipset up to 150 Mbit / s and the lack of support for LTE TDD for Megaphone (part of BS), Beeline and MTS,
then I certainly would have taken the good old - Huawei B593u-12.

Satyr @ 09/06/2013, 14:30*
citrixserver,
that's what I found. I wonder what the differences?

About the differences between Huawei B593u-12 and Huawei B593s-22 right hereDifferences model U-12 and S-22
I have onHuawei B593s-22 Here is the specification:

LTE DL up to 150Mbps
LTE UL up to 50Mbps
4G LTE TDD 2600MHz
4G LTE FDD 800/900/1800/2100 / 2600MHz
3G HSPA + / UMTS 900 / 2100MHz
2G EDGE850 / 900/1800 / 1900MHz
Two SMA external antenna slot
Wi-Fi b / g / n, up to 32 simultaneous devices
Firewall, VoIP, TR069 remote management
HTTP online upgrade, QoS, USB share, UPnP
IPv6, DLNA, fax, print, VPS, VLAN (option function)

B593u-12 and B593s-82 have a speed limit of only up to 100Mbps.
B593u-12 - works only with 4G LTE FDD (Megaphone, Yota) and does not work with 4G LTE TDD (MTS, Beeline, Megaphone)
B593s-82 - generally sharpened only for 4G, and there is no 3G + 2G in it.
The rest of the models - the 58th and 82nd, according to the descriptions found in the internet, have an incomplete set of Russian frequencies or frequencies that are not used in Russia (at least now or in principle).

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 25.09.13, 16:23

Regarding where to take in the Russian Federation?
Googled and found the following links
1st office
2nd office
By the way, in the technical descriptions on the websites of both companies, the sellers of the error.
But!
IMHO when buying, I would check the distinctive features of the U-12 and S-22:
S-22 has only one USB port (see the back of the router), there is 150 Mbit / s support (this is written on the packing box at least 2 times!)
Well, on the box and on the modem should be S-22 in the naming of the modem.Otherwise, U-12 can be shipped under the guise of S-22 Be careful!

Thanks for the links on the description similar to the S-22 and on the photo u-11 2 (USB-port), and you can upload photos of your device are interested in the USB ports of their location, the same is the desire to take this device. The nearest store for me is this one (http://samara.newmans.ru/computers/networkequipment/router/374547.html)but according to the description and the photo it is a full-fledged u-11, but I want all the same S-22. And I would like to know how you have the impression of his work (and if it is not a secret how much they paid at www.bay.ru, prices from 4 to 11 tons) looked

Post has been editedmak2401 - 26.09.13, 15:24

Mak2401 @ 09/26/2013, 15:54*
and if it's not a secret how much they paid at www.bay.ru looked at prices from 4 to 11 tons.

Total: the device itself with delivery, insurance and a discount for the first purchase of $ 336.77. This is the price at the time of purchase - August 5, 2013.
Feelings of work while ambivalent. More positive for now.
The fact that in the IMHO "+":
- took the inserted SIM card and ... forgot. The default device on the machine itself UMTS-900 finds and connects to my PPSOS. I change SIMKU to another and again everything is on the machine. I tried MTS, Beeline, Megaphone. Profiles router magically puts himself. How he does it, hz But it connects to the network. The only thing I did was to indicate the type of antennas (switching on external ones), turned off WiFi (as unnecessary) and turned on the mode of receiving world time from the Internet. Everything! He did not touch anything else and did not set up.
- works like a clock, not particularly tupit.
The fact that in the IMHO "-":
- Sometimes you want to get into the web mode (statistics of the router), but he sometimes "tupit" and just does not allow himself to. Although this seems to be the cause of the “confusion” of my network (a router with a directional antenna attached to it is almost under the roof, then the ethernet goes to the Zyxel PLA400EE modem, then everything over the 220v network, again from the 220v outlet to the Zyxel PLA400EE modem, then to D-Link 5-port Ethernet Switch 5-ports, Ethernet ... and finally my ASUS system). When you try to enter the web mode according to the standard 192.168.1.1 - sometimes it tupit and "does not allow itself". By the way, it is better to refer to him not as 192.168.1.1, but as a master: "https: //homerouter.cpe " ;)
What is interesting with the similar settings and network topology (all my quirks), its predecessor Huawei B970b immediately "responded" to a similar request and "did not blunt".
- And the second, which is a bit "annoying." Because The device is very smart, then at the time of launch it takes a few seconds (self-diagnosis, selection of connection modes, etc.)
ps
Behind me is a photo of the device from the USB side.
The device itself has not yet taken to the city (we have LTE named MTS, Megafon and Yota there). In rural areas of the south of the Moscow region, there is not a lot of such “pampering” as LTE.
I got a Yotovskaya SIM card, so I soon bring him to the city for testing. In general, it is because of its omnivorous 3G, 4G LTE TDD, 4G LTE and took it.

Mak2401 @ 09/26/2013, 15:54*
Or you can upload a photo of your device interested in USB ports, their location

Here's your storyboard like a cartoon:
- the router at different stages of loading and in the work stage (from the moment of switching on, the moment of self-diagnosis, at which all the LEDs are turned on, the mode of selecting the operating mode in the PPSOS network and the final picture at which the set is lit: power + reception_signal_signal_signal)
- back of the router
- antenna connector
- labels from the back of the router
- rear view
- upgraded power supply
- a general view of all the hardware: router_Huawei_B593s-22 + external_ antenna_BEST-AKL-900 + adapter_Zyxel PLA400ee + 220v network

ZY
If people do not mind , then I will take screenshots and upload pictures of the Huawei_B593s-22 software interface: yes2:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached files

Attached fileHuawei B593s-22.rar(9.71 MB)

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 22.01.15, 19:15
Reason for editing: Adding photos online

citrixserver @ 09/27/2013, 23:47*
Total: the device itself with delivery, insurance and a discount for the first purchase of $ 336.77. This is the price at the time of purchase - August 5, 2013.

Hmm .... here's s-22 but without antennas, really ...

http://www.citilink.ru/catalog/servers_and...routers/788592/

Sazonov214 @ 09/29/2013, 10:59*
Hmm .... here's s-22 but without antennas, really ...

In principle, it should have at least 3 internal antennas.
1st for 3G frequencies
2nd for 4G frequencies
3rd for WiFi frequencies

The truth is in the description (and on foreign online forums) I have not found anywhere the signal level on all antennas.
In the settings there is a function:
Switching: external or internal antenna 1 and external or internal antenna 2. And all ...
The connectors for the 1st and 2nd antennas were covered with a plate. I took it off and immediately screwed the external directional antenna for 3G (if you look back at the case, it will be the left, right antenna connector for 4G). IMHO you can break the device and bring out the antenna connector for connecting external WiFi. ;)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/07/19, 14:13