All about tablets on Windows 8. | Or rather, the most complete information (:

Rep: (192)
It so happened that many people are not even aware of the fact of the existence of such a category of devices. And those who still know about it, often have only fragmentary information of the most superficial character. In order to fill this gap in the knowledge of the majority, as well as to help with the choice of a tablet on this OS, I will try to combine in one message the maximum useful information about this type of device.

Since the amount of text exceeds all permissible norms, each of the paragraphs of the message will be removed under the spoiler.

I. Types of tablets on Windows 8.
There are 2 main categories of tablets running Windows 8 and, within the 2nd category, 2 more subcategories:

1. Special Edition Tablet PCsWindows 8 - RT. Typical representative - Microsoft Surface RT
text
First of all, it is worth talking about the features of Windows 8 RT itself. The fact is that it was specifically designed for use on tablets built on the basis of ARM processors (processors with such an architecture are installed on Android and iOS tablets in 99% of cases).
As a result, the main difference between Windows 8 RT and other versions of 8k iscomplete incompatibility with the so-called. desktop applications i.e. not designed specifically for, firstly, the ARM architecture of the processors, and secondly, for the specific Modern UI interface (also known as the Metro UI or Windows 8-style ). And, alas, due to the specific architecture of the processor, it is impossible to replace this OS version with any other edition of 8K.
What does this mean for us, potential buyers RT-tablets? To put it in the simplest language, the fact that none of the programs familiar to a stationary PC or laptop / netbook on such a tablet will start. However, not everything is so sad. First, many of the software developers are planning
“port” (transfer) your most popular programs to Windows 8 RT (however, you should be aware that you should expect the port of your favorite program only if it is quite popular and is still supported by the developer). Secondly,Windows store(similar to Google Play and the App Store for Windows 8) is constantly updated with a large number of a wide variety of applications, among which are both paid and free. In addition, if some application appeared in the desktop version of Windows Store (that is, if it was originally written for x86 / x64 architecture), then sooner or later it will appear in the RT version of Windows Store. And vice versa. This means that over time, the boundary between desktop applications and RT.
It is also necessary to take into account another important point: Windows RT, unlike other versions of 8k, comes with a pre-installed package of Office Office 2013 applications adapted for use on the touch screen. So, you will not need to buy it additionally.
The rest - in terms of user interface, in terms of opportunities to work with peripherals, in terms of organizing work with files - Windows RT is identical to other versions of 8k.

With the features of the OS figured out. Now let's talk about the tablets themselves. Microsoft made very strict requirements for all manufacturers of tablets running Windows RT. As a result, a number of features that are characteristic of this entire category of devices can be distinguished:
1. All RT tablets are currently equipped with an nVidia Tegra 3 ARM processor.
2. All RT tablets have dimensions and weight not exceeding those of Android and iOS tablets with the same screen diagonal. For example, a tabletAsus VivoTab RTIt weighs only 525 grams - it is 140 grams less than the weight of the 4th iPad.
3. The battery life of the RT-tablets is long enough - as a rule, not less than 10 hours with average loads and automatic display brightness.
4. All RT-tablets are equipped with high-quality IPS-display matrix (the name may vary depending on the manufacturer. Let's say, Microsoft calls the display technology Surface "ClearType Display", but, in fact, it's all the same IPS) with HD resolution (1366 * 768 points). Is it less than many competitors? I think, yes. But, in fairness, it is worth noting that with a display diagonal of 10.1 inches, Full HD resolution is just a marketing ploy. Using HD displays is just as comfortable.
5. Of course, all RT tablets are passively cooled (without using a fan).
6. All RT tablets are equipped with at least one USB 2.0 port (either full-sized, like, say, Surface, or micro, like Asus VivoTab RT. At the same time, an adapter is attached to the microUSB port, which allows you to turn it into a full-fledged USB port). That is, a variety of USB peripherals can always be connected to an RT tablet: mice, keyboards, external hard drives, modems, printers, etc. If only there was a necessary driver for them.
7. All RT tablets can instantly go to sleep and return from it. Moreover, the full load of the OS from the off state takes no more than 10 seconds (however, this is a feature of Windows 8 as such, and therefore all other tablets under its control).
8. All RT tablets are equipped with 2GB of RAM.

What are the purpose of RT-tablets? First of all, for the consumption of content. Watching movies, surfing the Internet, simple games - all this on RT tablets is no less comfortable than on Android or iOS counterparts.
You can work on RT tablets only with some reservations. If you have enough Microsoft office applications for work, then yes, RT tablets will be no worse than others, since the keyboard and mouse can be connected to them. But if you need some specific programs that you used to use on your stationary PC / laptop, you may not find their counterparts in the RT version of Windows.

2. Tablets running Windows 8 Core (aka single leanguage or basic) and Windows 8 Professional.
OS features
Here you can put it as short as possible - thisfull Windows 8, nothing no different than the one that can be installed on a stationary PC / laptop. I.e absolutely all programs which are designed for Windows, incl. those that were made under Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, etc., on a device running this OS they will work (of course, taking into account the requirements for the hardware device). In addition, you can install any software from the Windows Store, which means that everything developed for RT tablets is also available to you.

At this common features of devices from this category, oddly enough, end, because it includes 2 classes of fundamentally different tablets. They can be clearly divided into 2 types:

BUT)Tablets equipped with an Intel Atom processor. Typical representative - Acer iconia tab w510 .
text
Intel has been able to make a breakthrough in the field of manufacturing mobile processors, releasing a line of x86 processorsClover trail(true, while the line has exactly 1 processor - z2760). And this is not a loud marketing slogan - this is a truly unique solution, which is currently unparalleled. I will explain why. First, Intel has finally achieved adequate performance from Atom processors. And the point here is not even in the clock frequency, but in the fact that almost all the shortcomings that led to what is considered to be the "slowness" of intel Atom processors, it turned out to be eliminated. If earlier Atom was rightly considered to be almost an “under-processor”, which can only be found in simple netbooks, now, finally, there are no more reasons for such judgments. Working on the device with the new Atom is almost as comfortable as on a PC with some heaped core i7. Of course, this is not about all activities. You don’t even have to talk about games - everything is clear here and so on. Resource-intensive file operations (archiving, converting, etc.), as well as complex computational operations - yes, of course, Atom is not very suitable for this. But working with office applications, and even with graphic editors like the same Photoshop (surprisingly, but fact), and even more so Internet surfing and watching movies - the difference in comparison with powerful processors is almost not noticeable. And this is a great merit of Intel.
Secondly, the most important thing isenergy efficiency, the new Atom is almost as good as most ARM processors. ( be on this topic ). And this means that tablets with this processor can operate on battery as long as their counterparts running Android or iOS. True, you have to pay for everything. In the case of Atom's, the main disadvantage is a weak GPU (integrated video adapter). As a result, especially playing desktop games on this tablet will not work. Rather, it does not work in modern. But in a relatively old - released before the year 2005 - completely. For example, I have on the above-mentioned Acer w510 with a native resolution (1366 * 768) and the maximum settings of Unreat Tournament 2004 gave out FPS around 20, which is very good. So, it is quite possible to play the old, good classic of game-making on these tablets (:

With all this, the tablets on the Atom'e - full-fledged personal computers. With the ability to connect the mouse and keyboard, the tablet can always be turned into a full-featured work tool. In fact, it would be appropriate to consider this category of tablets as a special kind of very light (from 580 grams) touchscreen netbooks, but without a non-removable physical keyboard.

As for the general characteristics of this category: they partly coincide with the RT-versions of Windows tablets. But not all. So:
1. All tablets in this category are currently equipped with the intel Atom z2760 x86 processor.
2. All tablets in this category have dimensions and weight comparable to those of Android and iOS tablets with the same screen diagonal. For example, a tabletAcer iconia tab w510excluding docking station weighs only 580 grams. This is very, very small given that this tablet is a full-fledged personal computer. However, some of the Atom tablets are quite heavy - for example,Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE500weighs as much as 750 grams.
3. The autonomy of the Atom-tablets is very large - as a rule, not less than 8 hours with average loads and automatic display brightness.
4. All Atom tablets are equipped with a high-quality IPS display matrix (the name may vary depending on the manufacturer. Let's say Samsung calls its Ativ Smart PC display technology an abbreviation PLS, but, in fact, it's all the same IPS) with HD resolution (1366 * 768 dots).
5. Of course, all Atom tablets are passively cooled (without using a fan).
6. All Atom tablets are equipped with eMMC flash memory as a hard drive. Given the fact that these tablets passive cooling system, they are absolutely silent.
7. All Atom tablets are equipped with at least one USB 2.0 port (either full-sized, like, say, Samsung Ativ Smart PC xe500, or micro, like Acer w510. At the same time, an adapter is attached to the microUSB port that allows you to turn it into a full-fledged USB port) . That is, the Atom-tablet can always connect the most diverse USB peripherals: mice, keyboards, external hard drives, modems, printers, etc.
And there will always be a driver - this is a full-fledged version of Windows, for it, device manufacturers will write drivers guaranteed.
8. All Atom tablets can instantly go to sleep and return from it. Moreover, the full load of the OS from the off state takes no more than 10 seconds (however, this is a feature of Windows 8 as such, and therefore all other tablets under its control).
9. The diagonal of the display Atom-tablets can be quite different depending on the model. For example, the same Acer w510 is equipped with a 10.1 "display. But the Samsung Ativ Smart PC xe500 is already equipped with an 11.6" display.
10. All Atom-tablets allow you to reinstall the OS depending on your needs (but with certain reservations, about them later). For example, on such a tablet, you can safely install Windows 7, which is also quite suitable for controlling using a touch screen. Or Windows Vista (even though heresy is creepy :)). Or Windows XP, which with the help of the Tablet Edition add-on can also be adapted for use with the touchscreen. And even Windows 2000 / Millenium / 98/95, if you really want it so much. There is only one thing - there are no drivers for the z2760 in its pure form for the OS data yet (alas, this is Intel’s rather strange position). But, nevertheless, you can always find compatible drivers from other devices.
But Linux, alas, on this tablet does not put (proof).
11. Most (for example, all the same Acer w510 and Samsung Ativ Smart PC xe500, as well as Asus VivoTab, HP Envy x2) Atom tablets provide the ability to connect a keyboard docking station (which in some cases - again, all the same Acer w510, for example - is also equipped with an additional battery), thanks to which you can turn the tablet into a full-fledged netbook.
12. All Atom-tablets are equipped with 2GB of RAM (alas, without the possibility of expansion, because Atom does not support more memory). However, this amount of RAM is enough for the stable operation of the OS and the performance of everyday work or entertainment tasks.

What are Atom tablets for? First of all, for a very successful replacement of 2 devices at once - the tablet and netbook itself. Thanks to the compactness and light weight between other tablets and those about which there is a speech, there is practically no difference in terms of ease of use. At the same time, due to the high performance (compared to other netbooks) and the ability to connect the keyboard and mouse (or the docking station in general), these devices can serve as a full-featured and full-featured working tool that allows you to installany software you need (of course, if the hardware performance is enough for it, but in most cases it will be enough :)). And, once again I will pay attention - this device at the same time is still a full-fledged tablet - light, compact, convenient, autonomous.

B)Tablets equipped with an Intel core i3 / i5 / i7 processor. (hereinafter referred to as the Pro-version of the tablets). Typical representative - Microsoft Surface Pro .
text
There is no need to talk a lot about mobile intel core processors. We are all very familiar with them thanks to laptops and ultrabooks. In brief, the following can be noted: all of these processors, incl. i3 version, have very high performance (performance indexWindows Experience Indexevaluates these processors by 6.2 points for the version and core i3, by 6.9 points for the version of core i5, 7.3 points for the version of core i7 - not bad at all). At the same time, all these processors have a rather low power consumption. Low - by the standards of netbooks. But by the standards of tablets - on the contrary, a record high. At maximum load, a tablet with such a processor will last no more than 4 hours. With a minimum load and minimum screen brightness - 8 hours as a maximum. What to do, such is the price for high performance.
High, by the way, in everything, including in games. Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU in accordance withrated video cards by notebookcheck site version(in the search line in the ranking, you must enter "intel 4000") gives 4690 parrots in 3d mark06 and takes 222nd place (from, in my opinion, 550) in relation to the other mobile video cards. This is not so bad for an integrated video card. You can be sure that it will be enough to play at medium (or slightly below average) settings in many of the more or less modern games. Let's say Skyrim on my 2nd tablet,Acer iconia w700, gave out FPS in the region of 25 at a resolution of 1600 * 900 with maximum textures and average other settings. So you can be sure that you can play on your tablet in your favorite WoW / World of Tanks / Dota 2 / etc, there would be a keyboard and a mouse at hand :)
It is also worth noting another detail: almost all tablets are equipped with processors core i3 / i5 / i7 3rd generation, Ivy Bridge. But there are sad exceptions - for example, the same Acer w700 with a core i3 processor in a modification for the RU-region - here is the 2nd generation, Sandy Bridge (while the i5 version of it is of the 3rd generation, oddly enough) . The main significant difference between the 2nd generation and the 3rd generation is that the video card is not used by the hd 4000, but by the simpler hd 3000, which is about 30% weaker than its older version. So if you plan to play serious games on the tablet - be careful when choosing a tablet model.

Now the main features of the Pro-version of the tablet:
1. All of them, as you already understood, are equipped with an Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 processor, in most cases - the 3rd generation.
2. Almost all Pro-tablets are pretty heavy. The same Surface PRO weighs 900 grams,Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro xe700 - 884, Acer iconia tab w700- as much as 950 grams. But there are relatively easy exceptions - for example, a tablet from a little-known German manufacturerKupa x15- this tablet weighs only 750 grams.
3. All Pro-tablets, without exception, are equipped with an active cooling system. I would not say that they are especially noisy (at low load the fan does not work at all), but, nevertheless, you cannot call them soundless.
4. Most Pro-tablets are equipped with a rather large screen (in comparison with the usual 10.1 on Android tablets). For example, the Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro Acer w700 screen size is 11.6 inches, while the Microsoft Surface Pro is 10.6. As a result, these tablets are rather cumbersome. But there are, again, exceptions - the same Kupa x15 has compact dimensions and a display of 10.1 inches.
5. All Pro-tablets are equipped with high-quality IPS-matrix display (the name may vary depending on the manufacturer. Let's say Samsung calls its display technology Ativ Smart PC Pro an abbreviation PLS, but, in fact, it's all the same IPS) with full HD resolution (1920 * 1080 pixels). For a large screen diagonal of 11.6 inches, this resolution is quite appropriate. But for less - in question.
6. All Pro-tablets have at least 1 USB 3.0 port, and full-size. And no adapters!
7. All Pro-tablets are equipped with ultra-fast and silent solid-state mSATA version 3 SSD drive with a capacity from 64 to 256 gigabytes. At the same time, in most cases, the hard disk can be replaced on its own for something larger (but only on SSDs. Normal HDDs from laptops will not work).
8. All Pro-tablets, as it was said earlier, can not boast a long battery life. Alas.
9. All Pro-tablets allow you to safely reinstall the OS to any other, incl. Linux.
10. All Pro-tablets can instantly go into sleep mode and return from it. Moreover, the full load of the OS from the off state takes no more than 10 seconds (however, this is a feature of Windows 8 as such, and therefore all other tablets under its control).
11. Some (Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro xe700, Kupa x15, Razer Edge) Pro-tablets provide the ability to connect a keyboard dock, through which you can turn the tablet into a full-featured ultrabook.
12. Almost all Pro-tablets (exception - Razer Edge modifications Pro) are equipped with 4GB of DDR-3 memory. In some cases (Kupa x15, for example), the memory can be expanded.

What are Pro-tablets for? To replace (not quite full, but more on that later) 3 devices at once - a tablet, an ultrabook and even a stationary PC. They are not inferior to the usual tablet in terms of functionality and usage scenarios, but, true, it is noticeably heavier and more dimensional. But - with a large display (in most cases). And therein lies a certain inconvenience, which has to be reconciled. But the ultrabook such a tablet can completely replace - after all, iron is one and the same, weight and dimensions (if compared with 11.6 ultrabooks) are the same. The only difference is that the tablet is more universal. It can be the same as the ultrabook (when connecting the mouse and keyboard), but it also copes with the usual tablet usage scenarios.
Regarding the replacement of a stationary PC - many have already replaced the ultrabook / laptop with a stationary one - thanks to the connection to an external monitor via HDMI when it is required. With these tablets the same story - we connect the monitor and rejoice.
The only thing in which these tablets are inferior to some laptops (but not ultrabooks, if you do not take into account exceptions such as the Asus Zenbook UX32 with the nVidia GT620) is gaming performance. Nevertheless, it is quite enough for the average requirements of modern games.
And, again, not without exceptions - there is a tablet, the gaming performance of which is enough for the most modern and demanding games - thisRazer edge.

Do you want a tablet on full-fledged windows 8, but are you afraid that you may not have enough Atom performance? Then Pro-tablets are your choice! You will get used to the weight of the device over time.

Ii.Why you should buy a tablet on Windows 8 core and Atom instead of a tablet on Windows 8 RT and Tegra 3.
text
Immediately it should be noted that all of the following does not apply to Pro-tablets. They have their own target audience. But at RT and Atom tablets the audience is just quite similar. Why? Because both the Atom and Rt tablets are approximately equal in weight, in size, and in battery life. The only difference is that RT-tablets, by definition, are limited in their functionality. After all, they can not install all those programs to which you are accustomed over the years of working on a regular PC. Yes, and the 3rd tegra is already somewhat outdated. So if there is no difference in the usability of the tablets, or in battery life, or even in price (on the contrary, the Atom'e tablets are even cheaper. The same Acer w510 costs only 20 thousand rubles, together with the docking station - much cheaper than RT analogues) - why self consciously limit?
And do not be afraid of Atom'a. These are the old processors of this line were full junk. A new very decent.

Iii.Comparison of various tablets running Windows 8 with the intel Atom processor.
text
For now let me copy my own post a month ago from a topic about win-8 tablets. The information is slightly outdated, and it is not complete (there is no information about, say, the HP Envy x2 tablet, which is already being sold in Russia). But now there is no strength to supplement :) Then I will finish.
Mortare @ 09.12.2012, 18:02*
A) Lenovo ThinkPad 2 (http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90491248/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-2-n3s2pge-wifi.asp)- 18500 rubles.
Pros:
1. Only 18.5k rubles, the cheapest option.
2. Atom with 1.8GHz
3. The easiest among the available options - only 565 grams.
4. Stylus (well, what if you need it)
5. Have a GPS
Minuses:
1. Only 32GB Winchester. We'll have to put an SD card, preferably Class 10. 32GB of this will cost 800 rubles, 64GB in 1800, 128GB in 3300.
2. There is a docking station in the form of a keyboard. Not deadly, because You can connect usb / bluetooth to Claudia, but still.

B) Acer Iconia Tab W511 (http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90490961/acer-iconia-tab-w511-27602g06iss-3g.asp)- 23,500 rubles.
Pros:
1. 64GB Winchester.
2. Atom with 1.8 GHz.
3. A little heavier than lenovo - 580 g.
4. There is a built-in 3g (a bit more convenient than an Internet from a phone via wifi).
5. There is a docking keyboard included.
Minuses:
1. Date of sale - later than other tablets.

B) Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE500 (http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90486839/samsung-ativ-smart-pc-xe500t1c-a01.asp)- 23,500 rubles.
Pros:
1. The display is 11.6 inches.
2. 64 GB Winchester.
3. Stylus.
4. Dock keyboard.
Minuses:
1. Atom is only 1.5 GHz - and so the percentage is far from the most powerful, and here also the frequency is underestimated.
2. Heavy - 744 grams (the description on CU is lying about 300 grams. On the site of the Samsung website it is indicated exactly 744)

D) Asus ASUS Vivo Tab (http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90486791/asus-vivo-tab-tf810c-1b025w.aspOn the page typo, this is RT, because worth Atom, not the ARM processor) - 27,000 rubles.
Pros:
1. 11.6 inches display.
2. 64 GB Winchester.
3. 1.8 GHz atom.
Minuses:
1. No USB - in my opinion, this is a complete star.
2. Price. More expensive than other options.
3. No card reader - you can not increase the memory of SD cards. Disgusting.
4. Heavy - 675 gr.
5. So far not supplied with the docking station (although the MB has already solved this problem).
IMHO, the most unfortunate of all the options.

Iv.Comparison of various tablets running Windows 8 with an intel core i3 / i5 / i7 processor
text
Same story as with Atom'ami. It is a bit out of date, and at least 2 tablets are missing - Kupa x15 and Razer Edge, but it will still be useful for many. I will add later.
Mortare @ 09.12.2012, 22:08*
A) Acer iconia w700 c core i3 and 64GB ssd (http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90491018/acer-iconia-tab-w700-323b4g06as.asp)- 23,500 rubles, in Russia prices from 25,000
Pros:
1. Price, availability: just for 25,000 you can buy it now, in Russia (http://www.tehnosila.ru/catalog/kompjutery_i_orgtehnika/planshety/-/83139/).For me personally, this was the deciding factor.
2. Good equipment - docking station, case, bluetooth keyboard (optional).
3. The display diagonal is 11.6 inches (1920 x 1080, but this is the resolution of all tablets of the new generation on the core i3 / i5 / i7. But the diagonal is not).
4. Very high quality speakers and sound card. Used technology Dolby digital theater.
Minuses:
1. A stripped-down version of core i3 - 2365M, just 1.4 GHz. As a result, not a hd graphics 4000, but a hd graphics 3000 acts as a GPU. A version with a full-featured i3-3217U 1.7GHz + hd graphics 4000 exists, but it is much more difficult to find it - officially there will not seem to be models supplied to Russia.
2. Weight. 950 gr. - the hardest of all win8 tablets.
3. No card reader. Increasing the amount of memory only by replacing the SSD with a more capacious one - and replacing it seems damn difficult due to the design of the case.
4. Stupid docking station without a keyboard. There is nothing in it (no additional acb, no network card), only 3 usb ports and a stand. As a result, the w700 is still not a kind of transforming tablet, unlike those that will be discussed below.
5. Versions with 3g do not exist in nature.

Verdict: the cheapest version of the pro-version of the new generation of win8 tablets, it is also the least productive. But it is available now.

B) Acer iconia w700 with core i5 and 128GB SSD (http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90491019/acer-iconia-tab-w700-53314g12as.asp)- 30300 rubles

pros
1. Value for money.
2. Good equipment - docking station, case, bluetooth keyboard (optional).
3. Diagonal display 11.6 inches.
4. Core i5 1.7GHz with HD graphics 4000 with auto overclocking technology support.
5. Very high quality speakers and sound card. Used technology Dolby digital theater.
Minuses:
2. Weight - 950 gr.
3. No card reader.
4. Stupid docking station without a keyboard. There is nothing in it (no additional acb, no network card), only 3 usb ports and a stand.
5. Versions with 3g do not exist in nature.
6. In Russia, nowhere to buy.

Verdict: a variant characterized by good performance, adequate SSD volume and price, but at the same time inferior to its peers in terms of weight and functionality (no card reader, no versions with 3g).

B) Samsung Ativ smart PC pro XE700 64gb (http://www.samsung.com/en/consumer/computers-peripherals/notebooks/ereader/XE700T1C-A01RU-spec)price from 42,000 rubles in Russia
Pros:
1. Core i5 1.7GHz with HD graphics 4000 with auto overclocking technology support.
2. 11.6 inches diagonal display.
3. There is a slot for microSD - you can increase the amount of memory without replacing the SSD (because this is a micro SD, the maximum available memory is 64GB. It will cost 1800 rubles for class 10).
4. The presence of the Wacom substrate and the stylus.
5. Easier analogues - 880 gr.
6. Full docking station with keyboard and touchpad.
7. Available for purchase in Russia now.
Minuses:
1. A fairly high price at the time of the start of sales. I am sure that soon thousands will fall by 5-7, if not more.
2. A version with 3g exists, but it can only be purchased starting in January.

Verdict: good performance and functionality, but at the same time too small amount of SSD for such a price.

D) Samsung Ativ smart PC pro XE700 128GB (http://www.samsung.com/en/consumer/computers-peripherals/notebooks/ereader/XE700T1C-A02RU-spec)- price in Russia from 47,000 rubles.
Pros:
1. Core i5 1.7GHz with HD graphics 4000 with auto overclocking technology support.
2. 11.6 inches diagonal display.
3. There is a slot for microSD - you can increase the amount of memory without replacing the SSD
4. The presence of the Wacom substrate and the stylus.
5. Easier analogues - 880 gr.
6. Full docking station with keyboard and touchpad.
7. Available for purchase in Russia now.
Minuses:
1. A fairly high price at the time of the start of sales.
2. A version with 3g exists, but it can only be purchased starting in January.

Verdict: good performance and functionality, an adequate amount of SSD. The price is appropriate

Next come the tablets, which are not available for sale even abroad. Not much is known about them, let’s compare what we know about.

D) Microsoft Surface Pro 64Gb / 128gb Touch Cover, core i5 - estimated price around $ 900.
Pros:
1. A good price-quality ratio, if they really sell for the stated $ 900 (of course, in Russia the price will be double-charged, but this is a separate conversation).
2. Built-in keyboard cover, it is also a stand.
3. There is a slot for microSD.
Minuses:
1. 10.6 inches diagonal display.
2. Heavy for such sizes - 900 gr.
3. Versions with 3g do not exist in nature.
4. Start of sales - in January.

Verdict: if it is sold in Russia no more than 34,000 for the version with 64GB and 38,000 for 128GB, this is quite a decent option. Otherwise, it loses its counterparts.

E) Asus Transformer Book 128GB - estimated price of $ 1600.
pros
1. Display size - 13.3 inches. Although for the tablet it may be a drawback.
2. Core i7.
3. Docking station, which includes an additional 500GB hard drive, a network card, an additional sound card (?), Keyboard, touchpad. In fact, it is a collapsible laptop.
4. Must go on sale this month.
5. There is a slot for microSD.
Minuses:
1. Price.
2. This is not quite a tablet - with such dimensions and screen sizes.

Verdict: if the screen size does not confuse and there is an opportunity to buy - definitely take it. More powerful among the tablets is nothing yet.

Conclusion:
A) If money allows, it is worth buying a Samsung Smart PC pro with a 128GB SSD for 47000, because for that amount it offers the best functionality. There is nothing better for sale yet.
B) If you are ready to spend on the tablet no more than 30-35 thousand, it makes sense either to wait for the price reduction, or order an Acer w700 with a core i5 and 128GB from abroad. For his money, he is very good, but, truth, almost in all he loses to the more expensive Samsung.
C) If you don’t want to wait for a reduction in prices / delivery, and the budget is 25-30 thousand, your only choice is w700 with core i3. However, sooner or later it is necessary to spend money on a more capacious SSD. 64GB, which cannot be supplemented with anything - this is hardly enough for a tablet with such a performance (after all, it is possible to play modern toys in it, unlike tablets on the Atom, and they are heavy). However, even with the add. SSD costs, this version of the w700 is worth the money.
D) If you don’t want to buy exactly Acer w700, and you can’t afford other pro-tablets, then you should pay attention to the Atom-based tablets (I reviewed in an earlier report). As an option, there is a version of Samsung Smart PC pro 700 with 64GB SSD and Pentium 987 for 32,000 rubles. Something in between core i3 / i5 / 7 and Atom's.

V. Small conclusion.
All of the above is purely my personal opinion, based on facts, but in no way does it advertise Windows OS or any specific devices.
The task is to help those who are not familiar with Windows tablets yet, to understand what it is and what advantages / disadvantages it has.
But, again, you should not take it for the ultimate truth, or assume that I, with my point of view, claim a similar role. By no means! Think for yourself, decide for yourself, but if you want to debate and you have something to object to on the essence of the question - you are welcome, I will be very interested. The main thing is not to go beyond the topic :)
You can read my opinion on the advantages of Windows 8 on tablets over Android and iOS inthis message. From the starting message, this part was taken out in order not to provoke excessive discussions off topic.

Post has been editedkoordinator - 20.02.14, 09:54
Reason for editing: +1 from deepel, +1 from sub84, +1 from ApostolDK, +1 from JurasskPark

Rep: (96)
Why a tablet on Windows 8, and not an android?

Why a Windows tablet, not an iPad?

Scuba After such a suitable throw-in from a stream of liquid faeces, only a scuba will save you.

Threat is a very subjective and one-sided comparison with android and iOS. After such a comparison, you trust less the rest of the theses of the post.

ZZY to be honest, the reviews on the same habrahabr, for example, and similar resources with I have formed a slightly different impression about vin8

ZZZY Ksta, while I really like the vinfon 7. Although it has a lot of deficiencies that will eliminate, I hope, in 7.8. But this Windows is purely for phones.

Scuba After such a suitable throw-in from a stream of liquid faeces, only a scuba will save you.

So I'm ready for this (: The main thing is that opponents have adequate arguments.
Such a topic cannot fail to evoke such a response, because the Windows on the tablet is in itself a provocation for some local activists (:

Threat is a very subjective and one-sided comparison with android and iOS. After such a comparison, you trust less the rest of the theses of the post.

I did not deny that I set forth my own considerations, and not something that claims to be objective. As for the other theses, practically each of them is supported by one or another prooflink, and, therefore, relies on more or less weighty arguments.
To be honest, the reviews on the same habrahabr, for example, and similar resources with I have formed a slightly different impression of win8

What I have outlined above is based on my personal experience of using three different Windows tablets. Acer w500 on amd c-60, Acer w700 on core i3 and Acer w510 on Atom z2760.
What they describe on HabrГ©: their personal experience or the weather on Mars in the form of a theorycraft divorced from life is another matter entirely.

Mortare, Oh well

And now at least imagine how many Windows applications have been written in the entire history of this OS? That's the same thing. And each of them can be run on your tablet!

Lying

The absence of any dependence on the manufacturer. Are you upset that Samsung scored on updating your precious Galaxy Tab 2, which was a top less than a year ago? Are you going to buy a new tablet for a decent amount - just so that after a year and a half it will turn into outdated junk? Do you really want this? If not, then Windows is again your choice. After all, you can always put a newer OS on your tablet when it comes out - and this is no more difficult than putting 8k on your current laptop / hospital.

Lying. Updating Windows for a specific device depends, roughly speaking, on the availability of a driver for this device, which means again from the manufacturer. This is without regard to custom.

5. Tired before leaving the house to think, what to take with you - an Android tablet or a netbook / laptop / ultrabook? After all, you don’t work on the tablet, but with a laptop you don’t read books / don’t watch movies / don’t play / on the long road, for it’s inconvenient. So why puzzle? Take Windows tablet, which will replace you at once these two devices - and it will be convenient to use them in both cases!

Transformers on Android

3. And yes, you for years of use of iOS did not bother the monotonous interface? Well, admit it, most of you are already standing across the throat. And I would like to change, yes it is impossible - I don’t want to do jail at all. Yes, and go to the android, because after iOS it is a solid lagodrome.

under the diverse interface Metro tiles mean?)

This is so, offhand)

Lying

And in what? Do you think that in the 18 years of the existence of the windows operating system, less software has been released under it than for the android in 4 years? Well, even the comments are not required.
Or is it possible to install all this software on a tablet? Why not? What will hurt? Windows 8 claims backward compatibility with applications down to windows 95, and I haven’t yet seen a single meaningful and unsolvable example that could disprove this.
Or are you talking about iron? After all, everything here is extremely obvious: the performance potential of the z2760 was clearly marked. As for i5 / i7 - well, call at least one windows-application (except for the top toys, by itself - and they were mentioned separately), which will not work on it?
Lying. Updating Windows for a specific device depends, roughly speaking, on the availability of a driver for this device, which means again from the manufacturer. This is without regard to custom.

Never. Firstly, the backward compatibility of drivers is another feature announced in windows 8 - and I don’t think it will be abandoned in windows 9, 10, 100500.
In other words, both the drivers for 7ku are suitable for hardware under the 8k, and the drivers for 8ku will be compatible with the new OS. Anyway, if MS does not change the policy of compatibility - and I see no reason to assume that this should happen.
Transformers on Android

Transformers only provide access to convenient working peripherals. But where will the software come from? After all, everyone understands that working comfortably on an android is at least problematic. Well, you can suffer, yes, to suffer from the office, which opens one document for 30 seconds, with the presentation editor, who does not read half of the standard fonts and whose pictures on the slides always leave for the wrong place where they should be — you can. But why, if all this can be done without any problems on the Windows and the usual MS office?
under the diverse interface Metro tiles mean?)

Well, at least. They at least customize the style of the wallpaper and the color scheme. This is more than iOS allows.
In addition, the opportunity to install various themes under windows 8 was promised. Honestly, I didn’t check if these themes are freely available, but again I don’t think that sooner or later there will not be any custom solution like VistaGlazz for 7k.
This is so, offhand)

AND? In my opinion, there are no problems, everything is reasoned. You can and not offhand, please (:

Well, at least. They at least customize the style of the wallpaper and the color scheme. This is more than iOS allows.

Well, under Jos, you can change the photo on the desktop. This is instead of the color of the title of windows and tiles. Talking about the diversity of the Metro interface is not ice.

Or is it possible to install all this software on a tablet? Why not? What will hurt? Windows 8 claims backward compatibility with applications down to windows 95, and I haven’t yet seen a single meaningful and unsolvable example that could disprove this.

That is, in Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, the reverse compatibility constantly deteriorated, and in Windows 8 it was dramatically raised to an ideal state?

Firstly, the backward compatibility of drivers is another feature announced in windows 8 - and I don’t think it will be abandoned in windows 9, 10, 100500.
In other words, both the drivers for 7ku are suitable for hardware under the 8k, and the drivers for 8ku will be compatible with the new OS. Anyway, if MS does not change the policy of compatibility - and I see no reason to assume that this should happen.

similar to the previous one. So that something, and firewood under Windows - it has always been one of the most fragile places of the system.

Transformers only provide access to convenient working peripherals. But where will the software come from? After all, everyone understands that working comfortably on an android is at least problematic. Well, you can suffer, yes, to suffer from the office, which opens one document for 30 seconds, with the presentation editor, who does not read half of the standard fonts and whose pictures on the slides always leave for the wrong place where they should be — you can. But why, if all this can be done without any problems on the Windows and the usual MS office?

I will act slyly and ask another question) with the working software everything is clear, what about the game? If you play with a docking station, then this is the same netbook. And without a docking station? Infiti blade and nova3 for win8 do not rush to port, and Diablo3 and contra are designed to control with clave. What can win8 tablet without keyboard with mouse? far less than android or ios.

In general, the advantages are very much praised and not a single minus is indicated. Somewhat strange for "In order to fill this gap in the knowledge of the majority, as well as help with the choice of a tablet on this OS, I will try to combine in one message the maximum useful information about this type of device."
For example, how about the presence of two modes of desktop and confusion between them, tight binding of the program to the type of desktop?

Rep: (1602)
Mortare,
In general, as follows (everything that follows is my IMHO ...):
1) Windows 8 RT. This is a big misunderstanding. In appearance from Windows for BB is no different. But, right away - to install the fallen software, you need a jailbreak, and according to reviews it is unstable and a lot of surprises await the user. Next - these progs themselves for the 3 months of the existence of Windows are no longer so much - yes, there is some minimum, but you can forget about games in general. Next - autonomy time 10 hours? Yes, God, so that at least 6 hours have lived ... I am also silent about the convenience of use - according to the reviews, the standard IE is just ug, third-party browsers do one or two, plus they are still very crooked ... So the wine will be a competitor to the droid and Josu still sooo soon ...
2) Windows 8 + Atom. Well, this is no longer funny, to be honest ... The old atom with intel 3150 is an index of 2.5-2.8, games 2.9-3.1. New Intel Atom - Percent 3.0-3.3, Games 3.1-3.3. Those. there is practically no difference in performance (well, maybe only the video will turn normally). And what is the old atom, everyone knows well - these are games until 2005 and easy internet surfing. Yes, and plus to this wine 8 though remained on the system requirements at level 7, eats much more. The only advantage of these new tablets is passive cooling and a really long autonomy - up to 12-14 hours. But in fact it is the same netbook on the atom.
3) Windows 8 PRO + Intel Core. Well, it's better, but still garbage. The first is vidyuha for games very so-so, on FHD all the more. Well, that is 2012 games go to the lowest, 2011 to the lowest, 2010 to the lowest. Those. din in theory can be. Now go to practice. If on a laptop with this video, the temperature in Battle 3 approaches 65 degrees (while the laptop has an excellent cooling system), then in the case of a tablet with a weak cooler it will be under 90. Obviously, at this temperature, the game will not be long. Regarding autonomy, too, sadness and longing - in films, well, a maximum of 6 hours. Yes, and most importantly - playing on the touch screen without a mouse and keyboard will not work, if only because 99.999% of games do not know multitouch, you will not do PCM either.
General notes on all items - Microsoft likes to step on the same rake. As there was a stupid sensor in wines 7, so in wines 8 it remained - menus of the same size, there is no replacement for the PCM, lagging multitouch. But this is not the worst - worst of all is the lack of software for the sensor - in the same chrome for wine 8, rewinding with a finger like in a droid and ios does not work. You need to accurately aim and get into the slider on the right. Isolation in the same chrome is also inconvenient ...
As for the docks - well, this is a song in general ... What kind of person in his right mind and solid memory will take a tablet + dock and not an ultrabook? It will be both easier and cheaper (please do not be indignant of sofa inhabitants - there are ultrabooks that have the key rotated 180 degrees and will not interfere.)
Well, at the very end - while IMHO the best mobile device on the wines 8 is a slider from Sony. Firstly, it is small, secondly, quite powerful (i7 + xd4000 + 8 GB of RAM), and in the third it is a NORMAL cooler. The only and most significant disadvantage is the price for 80 rubles ....
Denarg,
1) He is right - on wines 8 REALLY you can run games and applications from wines 95 - he himself is in the tower of the gamal and in the trucker 1.
2) About firewood. The question is - why do you need new ones every month? I have all the drivers on my computer still from wines 7 - I don’t touch them, they work fine. I update the firewood only from vidyuh (they add support for new din there). The same thing here - the iron is already far from new, firewood under vidyuhi is on the Intel site, so if the manufacturer forgets about the device, there will be no problems.
In all other respects, I agree with you.

Post has been editedM.E.S - 24.01.13, 14:51

Well, under Jos, you can change the photo on the desktop. This is instead of the color of the title of windows and tiles. Talking about the diversity of the Metro interface is not ice.

So in Windows you can change the wallpaper on the desktop. This is in addition to the tiles. Not to mention the topics that, I am sure, even if they are absent now, will appear later.
In addition, please note: I didn’t talk about it in the wrong part, which is dedicated to the advantages of Windows 8 over the android (I don’t argue, the interface is even more customizable on the bucket), but in the one about iOS. Well, won't you deny that iOS is much more primitive in this respect?
o in vin hp, whist, vin7, the reverse compatibility constantly deteriorated, and in vin8 it was dramatically raised to an ideal state?

In XP, yes, compatibility was sad. I do not argue the same. But in 7K it became significantly better with her. So why not believe the MS statement that the trend towards improvement has been preserved in the new OS - at least until this statement is not properly refuted?
similar to the previous one. So that something, and firewood under Windows - it has always been one of the most fragile places of the system.

However, when installing drivers written for 7k, everything works correctly on 8k. And what is the catch here? .. (:
Infiti blade and nova3 for win8 do not rush to port, and Diablo3 and contra are designed to control with clave. What can win8 tablet without keyboard with mouse? far less than android or ios.

First of all, almost all strategies, both step-by-step and RTS, are very playable using touchscreen. It is a pity that no one keeps statistics on how many of these strategies were released for 18 years under Windows - as if it did not turn out to be more than all games under a bucket as a whole (: Well, okay.
Secondly, various logical and arcade games that are focused on mouse control. Well, I don’t argue, there are not so many of them, but you can’t call a small number.
And thirdly ... And this, as they say, "the last nail in the lid of the coffin of android" - there is such a nice program, Hot Virtual Keyboard is called. It allows you to create a fully customizable virtual keyboard, where you can bind to each key not just the button of a physical keyboard, but even a macro from several actions.
So here. Take this program. We customize the keyboard for a specific game. This must be done exactly 1 time - and then save the key settings in the profile file. We open the customized keyboard, we launch any toy (previously the Hot Virtual Keyboard worked only in windowed mode, now, as far as I know, supports full screen) - and - profit - we calmly play by pressing virtual keys instead of physical keys. Thanks to this keyboard (well, as well as the bartender add-on, which conveniently arranged the abilities on the right edge of the display), I used a w500 to pair a couple of new heroes with ka-keys on my w500 experiment (so far) here, no problem, Unusually a bit, of course, requires mastering, and blood dk is, of course, never a piano. But still - playable WoW on the tablet! Android boasts such a thing? (:
In general, the advantages are very much praised and not a single minus is indicated.

And I didn’t call the topic "comparison of windows 8 with android OS and iOS". I described the tablets on Windows, and, at the same time, gave a number of arguments that distinguish these devices from their peers. Everything.
In addition, even if I tried, I wouldn’t have occurred to any serious minus of Windows compared to these operating systems. Well, except that the price of such tablets - yes, it is very high and in the budget, but even the middle segment never fits. This is a fact, I agree. The presence of viruses can be called a minus of Windows, I do not argue. But so they are under the bucket, only iOS does not have them.
As for the "split interface" - and who said that this is a problem? On the contrary, many people point out as a significant plus that it is clearly understood which applications can be conveniently used with the help of a touchscreen (metro, respectively), and which with the help of a mouse and keyboard (desktop). The fact that these applications are clearly separated, and not mixed in one pile is a huge plus.

Rep: (88)
Mortare,
Part I and II liked it, and where the OS is being compared, this is a holivar provocation, and this is the direct route to the section.Meat grinder. Therefore, removing these subjective parts, you can safely send the material to the cap.

Post has been editedmoduloras - 24.01.13, 15:14

Rep: (0)
Mortare, as always, your topics are expensive, thanks for the detailed information :)

Denarg
The author of the post bothered to provide his statements with references, in order to maintain an adequate level of discussion, work hard and you provide proof, under your exclamations.

1) He is right - on wines 8 REALLY you can run games and applications from wines 95 - he himself is in the tower of the gamal and in the trucker 1.
2) About firewood. The question is - why do you need new ones every month? I have all the drivers on my computer still from wines 7 - I don’t touch them, they work fine. I update the firewood only from vidyuh (they add support for new din there). The same thing here - the iron is already far from new, firewood under vidyuhi is on the Intel site, so if the manufacturer forgets about the device, there will be no problems.

therefore, put question marks, because he was not up to date. Judged by previous versions

The author of the post bothered to provide his statements with references, in order to maintain an adequate level of discussion, work hard and you provide proof, under your exclamations.

if not difficult, for what exactly my "exclamations" do you need proofs?

First of all, almost all strategies, both step-by-step and RTS, are very playable using touchscreen.

more than debatable. Play sk2 multiplayer without hotkeys?)

And thirdly ... And this, as they say, "the last nail in the lid of the coffin of android" - there is such a nice program, Hot Virtual Keyboard is called. It allows you to create a fully customizable virtual keyboard, where you can bind to each key not just the button of a physical keyboard, but even a macro from several actions.
So here. Take this program. We customize the keyboard for a specific game. This must be done exactly 1 time - and then save the key settings in the profile file. We open the customized keyboard, we launch any toy (previously the Hot Virtual Keyboard worked only in windowed mode, now, as far as I know, supports full screen) - and - profit - we calmly play by pressing virtual keys instead of physical keys. Thanks to this keyboard (well, as well as the bartender add-on, which conveniently arranged the abilities on the right edge of the display), I used a w500 to pair a couple of new heroes with ka-keys on my w500 experiment (so far) here, no problem, Unusually a bit, of course, requires mastering, and blood dk is, of course, never a piano. But still - playable WoW on the tablet!

WoW is a separate case, there are already buttons on the screen)
What part of the screen is this clave eating?

Mortare,
Oh, I did not read the whole cap. Because In ios, while a novice, I’ll sort point 2 apart. So:
And for windows 8, the “freeze” phenomenon does not exist by definition! Rejoice smooth interface? And for Windows 8, the norm is not only smooth, but also stylish animation!
A slowdown IS, and their dofiga. Even on Intel Core 7. Stylish animation - which is the first time in HP appeared? There are much more animations on Android, and they can be changed / accelerated using 1 program.
Are you happy that a multi-window in the form of 2 windows finally appeared? 2 windows, pfff ... In Windows 8, you can open as many as you need - and it will be convenient!
Sir, under the droid, you can also open a bunch of windows. It is difficult to call it convenient on a 10-inch screen, both under Windows and under a droid.
Pull the nose with your "real multi-tasking system"
Hmm ... Debris lies ... You have on the note there is such a touch button at the bottom, the third on the left. She switches. Further. Show me a tablet on Windows, which can switch from one game to another and immediately continue to play, without dependencies and glitches? But under the droid it is real - the games were GTA Vice City and new 3.
A variety of software.
Yep I agree. Let's play in the NSF on the tablet, or in the office work. Yes, even in the internet normally try to sit! Under the droid, all 700,000 progs are adapted to the sensor, under Windows, God forbid 500.
The ability to connect any peripherals via USB
And the worse the droid? It is even better - there is no need for firewood, absolutely any device immediately starts working, and not swinging for a couple of seconds as under Windows.
No dependence on the manufacturer
Again - no one forces you to sit on off prosh. Support has ended - at least the next year-year will be normal custom. And the tablets under Windows are clearly not game (if they are now hard to pull the games - what will happen next year, two?), But under the droid, they are almost all like that (even the Chinese tablets pull all the modern games).
Tired before leaving the house to think, what should I take with me - an Android tablet or a netbook / laptop / ultrabook?
If you are not a narrow specialist and you need a device for surfing / video / simply editing documents / games, then the droid will go 100%.
As for the last nail, there is RuKeyboard Pro. This is a clave that can be called up in ANY application, you can also assign some keys.

Post has been editedM.E.S - 24.01.13, 15:26

1) Windows 8 RT. This is a big misunderstanding. In appearance from Windows for BB is no different. But, right away - to install the fallen software, you need a jailbreak, and according to reviews it is unstable and a lot of surprises await the user. Next - these progs themselves for the 3 months of the existence of Windows are no longer so much - yes, there is some minimum, but you can forget about games in general. Next - autonomy time 10 hours? Yes, God, so that at least 6 hours have lived ... I am also silent about the convenience of use - according to the reviews, the standard IE is just ug, third-party browsers do one or two, plus they are still very crooked ... So the wine will be a competitor to the droid and Josu still sooo soon ...

I do not argue at all, RT - file itself. That is why I wrote the reasons why you should not buy a tablet on windows RT. But, on the other hand, since I took up writing about all windows tablets, could I not ignore this kind of tablets?
On account of battery life does not agree. According to user feedback, there are 10 hours there. In general, a little strange, given the fact that it is a misery in terms of energy efficiency - the third game. But, perhaps, the system interacts with it exactly as intended?
IE is a subjective matter. I'm here from him (of course, we are talking about his metro part) in complete delight.
As for the applications in the market - so this is a childhood disease of any new OS. How many programs were available for Android 1.6, for example? Hardly much more.
But yes, essentially it does not change: who needs windows RT, when there are other windows tablets?
2) Windows 8 + Atom. Well, this is no longer funny, to be honest ... The old atom with intel 3150 is an index of 2.5-2.8, games 2.9-3.1. New Intel Atom - Percent 3.0-3.3, Games 3.1-3.3. Those. there is practically no difference in performance (well, maybe only the video will turn normally). And what is the old atom, everyone knows well -This games until 2005 and easy internet surfing. Yes, and plus to this wine 8 though remained on the system requirements at level 7, eats much more. The only advantage of these new tablets is passive cooling and a really long autonomy - up to 12-14 hours. But essentially same netbook on atom .

Here it is, the traditional fear of the atom (: What I wrote in the 1st message. Yes, no one believes that the new atom is an adequate processor, but, nevertheless, it is. Of those cases, when you need to make sure personally to understand (:
As for those theses that I highlighted in bold in your post - so after all I wrote about this almost word-for-word:
quotes
True, you have to pay for everything. In the case of Atom's, the main disadvantage is a weak GPU (integrated video adapter). As a result, especially playing desktop games on this tablet will not work. Rather, it does not work in modern. But in a relatively old - released before the year 2005 - completely. For example, I have on the above-mentioned Acer w510 with a native resolution (1366 * 768) and the maximum settings of Unreat Tournament 2004 gave out FPS around 20, which is very good. So, it is quite possible to play the old, good classic of game-making on these tablets (:

In fact, it would be appropriate to consider this category of tablets as a special kind of very light (from 580 grams) touchscreen netbooks, but without a non-removable physical keyboard.

What are Atom tablets for? First of all, for a very successful replacement of 2 devices at once - the tablet and netbook itself.

So, yes - a tablet on an atom is, in fact, the same netbook. But why only is it a minus? Netbooks are used by many people for work (it is clear that they are not a business segment, but rather ordinary citizens - well, so what? These are also consumers), they have a lot of advantages. And if you add to them also the comfort of using a tablet - it’s generally a marvelous thing ((:
The first is vidyuha for games very so-so, on FHD all the more. Well, that is 2012 games go to the lowest, 2011 to the lowest, 2010 to the lowest. Those. din in theory can be.

Well, in fact, everything is a little better: 2012 games are on “slightly below average” (by itself, not on FHD, but on 1366 * 768 - so why is it higher then?), 2011 is just on average (even 1600 * 900 can be expose), 2010 is a fairy tale in general. Gammat is possible not in theory, but in practice (:
If on a laptop with this video, the temperature in Battle 3 approaches 65 degrees (while the laptop has an excellent cooling system), then in the case of a tablet with a weak cooler it will be under 90.

No-no-no, the cooling of the new tablets is adjusted to Pyaterochka. True, there are some nuances - for example, although the Acer w700 CPU temperature almost never exceeds 70 degrees, throttling is turned on at 60 degrees, i.e. artificially lowering the frequency of the processor in order to avoid overheating (at least 60 plus or minus 10 degrees is quite a working temperature for i5). In general, the cant manufacturer. But on the same Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro xe700 this does not happen, and the Acer will be corrected sooner or later.
About the game and the touch screen all wrote in the post above.
In the same chrome under wine 8, rewinding with a finger does not work as in a droid and ios.

Yes, why is it needed when there is IE 10? And yes, even if in the subway-chrome now it does not work correctly scrolling - I bet you that it will work in the next patch (:
In general, the 8k sensor is controlled quite well. It is only necessary to set the scale of the interface elements to 125% or 150% - to whom it is more convenient.
Which person in his right mind and solid memory will take a tablet + dock and not an ultrabook?

Any sane? After all, instead of two devices (ultrabook + tablet on a bucket / iOS), you get one that can replace these two (: Or do you think that the more devices, the better? And for me, this is inconvenient.

Mortare,
1) Well, like ok)
2) I have a netbook on an atom myself. Work on it is sooo hard. If you have enough patience. Inet is the same - podlagivaet, and 2 GB of opera is very small. Marvelous thing? Fully working on the sensor? It is not possible yet.
3) Mlyn, she is in my lap. And I know perfectly well that it pulls and what does not. As for why FHD - then not to see a daub, secondly, Battle 3 on the middle you will hardly go on it (I have the least amount of smoothing in FHD - and that podlagivaet ...)
4) Yeah, of course, there are turbo coolers, so I really believed. For half an hour the game is enough, and then you will find a blue screen of death. I repeat once again - with the same vidyukha I have quite a strong heat.
5) IE 10 is something. In speed, it is much inferior to the same chrome, in terms of functionality, it is also not up to par.
6) Mlyn ... Looks like you're a fan of wines 8: D! Well, do not replace the laptop tablet, well, no way. Well, it is not convenient to work on the sensor!

Post has been editedM.E.S - 24.01.13, 15:37

Rep: (160)
After all, instead of two devices (ultrabook + tablet on a bucket / iOS), you get one that can replace these two

Capturing the flaws of both.

Part I and II liked, and where the OS is being compared, this is a holivar provocation, and this is the direct route to the Meat mincer. Therefore, removing these subjective parts, you can safely send the material to the cap.

Okay, okay, persuaded, I agree (: I just could not refrain from reasoning on the topic: who needs iOS and Android when there is a Windows? After all, for me it is still a mystery (: But ok, I will remove these arguments directly from the start-post, placing them in the topic itself is a separate post.
more than debatable. Play sk2 multiplayer without hotkeys?)

Oh, why? Isn't it just nice to just play ck2 somewhere on the road in your free time? No, well, it is clear that there is no limit to perfection (and here it’s even more so to further improve and perfect), but what is already there is in itself great. And it will be even better (:
What part of the screen is this clave eating?

I had the following: on the left side of the screen there are 6 arrows: forward, backward, turn right, turn left, strafe right, strafe left. On the right side of the screen is a group of 12 abilities laid out in the form of a rectangle. All the icons are quite small, but you can still click without missing. It took up a total of about one quarter of the screen — half the bottom left corner and half the bottom right (i.e., 1/2 of 1/4 + 1/2 of 1/4).
And this is despite the fact that the display of the w500 is only 10.1 inches. Many Pro-tablets have a noticeably larger screen, and they will be more comfortable playing on them.
A slowdown IS, and their dofiga. Even on Intel Core 7. Stylish animation - which is the first time in HP appeared? There are much more animations on Android, and they can be changed / accelerated using 1 program.

I don't know. I had no brakes on the atom, nor on the core i3, not even on amd c-60. What am I doing wrong? What are we doing wrong - all those people who installed windows 8 on one or another tablet and at the same time do not observe brakes?
Sir, under the droid, you can also open a bunch of windows. It is difficult to call it convenient on a 10-inch screen, both under Windows and under a droid.

Personally, I heard about two windows as the main innovation of Jelly Bean. If not right - correct.
Hmm ... Debris lies ... You have on the note there is such a touch button at the bottom, the third on the left. She beggars switches

Yeah, but where is the list of these most prog, aka taskbar, which would allow to track online the entire list of running applications? Yes, on the same note it is not necessary, but on a 10.1 tablet it is very even. So, where is he?
Show me a tablet on Windows, which can switch from one game to another and immediately continue to play, without dependencies and glitches?

Yes please, as much as you like.
Acer w700, Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro, Kupa x15, Razer Edge. Take the links in the header.
No dependencies and glitches when switching even between the same Skyrim and, say, 3 disciples. Oh yeah, these games are not here in high esteem. After all, we now have the 3rd GTA - the top of technical progress (:
Yep I agree. Let's play in the NSF on the tablet, or in the office work.

NFS on the tablet? With hot virtual keyboard - easy! Office using touchscreen? There is nothing easier - MS Office 2013, adapted for the sensor. For everything else, there is a master card (:
And the worse the droid? It is even better - there is no need for firewood, absolutely any device immediately starts working, and not swinging for a couple of seconds as under Windows.

Yah? And how to run LTE Yota modem on it, for example, without flashing? This is not even installing drivers, it is even worse.
Quote:
Support has ended - at least the next year-year will be normal custom.

And what for me custom, written by someone unknown, unknown as, unknown with what jambs, if there is an official OS, checked and constantly updated?
And the tablets under Windows are clearly not gaming.

Oh, ho-ho, it means modern ultrabooks (we are talking about Pro-tablets right now, right? That the atom is not for games, and so we all know, even if I wrote about this 2-3 times more) - so Are modern ultrabooks suitable for gaming less than android crafts? Well, you tell it to Blizzard, for example. Potsany is not aware that the platform was wrong.

Again the quote tag counter makes them change it to italics>_<

2) I have a netbook on an atom myself. Work on it is sooo hard. If you have enough patience. Inet is the same - podlagivaet, and 2 GB of opera is very small. Marvelous thing? Fully working on the sensor? It is not possible yet.

Is that exactly the z2760? I do not believe. With this processor, not a single netbook has been released yet. Not z2760? Well, then carefully read the starting post.
3) Mlyn, she is in my lap. And I know perfectly well that it pulls and what does not. As for why FHD - then not to see a daub, secondly, Battle 3 on the middle you will hardly go on it (I have the least amount of smoothing in FHD - and that podlagivaet ...)

Do you have an i3 / i5 / i7 processor of the 3rd generation on your laptop? Ivy bridge?
4) Yeah, of course, there are turbo coolers, so I really believed. For half an hour the game is enough, and then you will find a blue screen of death. I repeat once again - with the same vidyukha I have quite a strong heat.

I believe what I see. And I see the number 70 in Everest as the maximum temperature value of the CPU. Yes, you go to the topicAcer Iconia W700, there were test results of heating the tablet. If nothing was removed there during my absence, these results should still be there.
5) IE 10 is something. In speed, it is much inferior to the same chrome, in terms of functionality, it is also not up to par.

For speed - never. For convenience - the taste and color of all the markers are different (:
Well, do not replace the laptop tablet, well, no way. Well, it is not convenient to work on the sensor!

Mouse and keyboard likepurely situational addition No one canceled the tablet.
Capturing the flaws of both.

As well as the benefits. Well now, do not use anything - be afraid of shortcomings? (:

Post has been editedMortare - 24.01.13, 22:57

Lying

Here it is, and his ilk.

So that the information in the starting post was more convenient to use, I transfer part of the reasoning regarding the advantages over other operating systems from the starting one to a separate post:
Why a tablet on Windows 8, and not an android?
text
1. The stability and convenience of the operating system. No matter how hard Google tried over its OS, even version 4.2 has a fair amount of flaws. But nothing of the older versions. Be proud that your Galaxy Note 10.1 on Jelly Bean practically does not "slow down"? And for windows 8, the “freeze” phenomenon does not exist by definition! Rejoice smooth interface? And for Windows 8, the norm is not only smooth, but also stylish animation! Are you happy that a multi-window in the form of 2 windows finally appeared? 2 windows, pfff ... In Windows 8, you can open as many as you need - and it will be convenient! Pull into the nose with your "real multitasking system", but at the same time be sad that every application that is open and not closed in time eats a battery with terrible force? In windows 8, multitasking is implemented exactly as it should - you see how many applications you have openly at the moment, you can quickly switch between them, and you can be sure that the tablet will not run out in a couple of hours due you forgot to close something there!
2. A variety of software. How many apps are there now on Google Play? 700 thousand? And now at least imagine how many Windows applications have been written in the entire history of this OS? That's the same thing. And each of them can be run on your tablet! True, only if it is not RT. But I’ll say separately why it’s not worth buying RT.
3. The ability to connect any peripherals via USB. Generally any. For each device there is a driver.
4. The absence of any dependence on the manufacturer. Are you upset that Samsung scored on updating your precious Galaxy Tab 2, which was a top less than a year ago? Are you going to buy a new tablet for a decent amount - just so that after a year and a half it will turn into outdated junk? Do you really want this? If not, then Windows is again your choice. After all, you can always put a newer OS on your tablet when it comes out - and this is no more difficult than putting 8k on your current laptop / hospital.
5. Tired before leaving the house to think, what to take with you - an Android tablet or a netbook / laptop / ultrabook? After all, you don’t work on the tablet, but with a laptop you don’t read books / don’t watch movies / don’t play / on the long road, for it’s inconvenient. So why puzzle? Take Windows tablet, which will replace you at once these two devices - and it will be convenient to use them in both cases!

Why a Windows tablet, not an iPad?
text
1. And you are still not fed up with what Uncle Stevie (even after being retired into the next world) decides for you what you can do and what not? Why, without jailbreaking, you cannot use usb-devices through an adapter, send files via bluetooth, adjust the appearance of the interface, install third-party applications? Doing the same Jail - lose what is a key advantage of iOS - the stability of the system. So why do you need it? Isn't it easier to switch to Windows, where you will have access to the full potential of your device, and not the 10% that the apple company has graciously provided you?
2. You understand that your device is 90% device content consumption. But I would also like to work on it. But as? The mouse and keyboard are a problem (we need special BT devices that are compatible with the iPad — they are expensive and it's not so easy to choose the most convenient one), there are no corresponding programs (say, you have it? an iPad application like in photoshop under windows, or create a presentation that is not inferior in quality to that made in MS Power point). The tablet is not for work? Yes, where did you get? Uncle Stevie said? Og, what are we talking about :) But you can work on a tablet as well as on a laptop. Even if the touch screen is not enough, the mouse and keyboard help. And it is more convenient than wearing two devices at once - a tablet and a laptop.
3. And yes, you for years of use of iOS did not bother the monotonous interface? Well, admit it, most of you are already standing across the throat. And I would like to change, yes it is impossible - I don’t want to do jail at all. Yes, and go to the android, because after iOS it is a solid lagodrome.
So do not! Switch to Windows, which boasts all the benefits of iOS, but it also has a lot of its own :)
4. All that was said in the section about android.

Post has been editedMortare - 24.01.13, 16:06

Rep: (160)
As well as the benefits.

The benefits are somehow worse. Well, where on i3 / i5 / i7 is the same work time, weight? Where are the applications under the sensor for "hiking" conditions? Atom? Well, with toys somehow bad. Video - yes, well, that learned to twist. Creating content without a physical keyboard is fun — below average, with the keyboard, even if it comes off, the same ultrabook, netbook, so you should honestly admit that I take a tablet for content consumption 99% of the time, and to create it there is a desktop with a pair of monitors Or decent? So thought, whether to take a tablet or a laptop, now in thought whether to take the keyboard. Maybe on the wines 8, the system began to occupy space as much as a droid or ayos? It seems no either. Multiple windows? It is at 10 inches. No more than a tick. Without applications in a large number of under the sensor and the screen size of 10 inches, as were the tablets with xp, seven niche solution, so they will remain. Well, what has changed fundamentally since then? Hours increased slightly.

Post has been editedIP_slava - 24.01.13, 16:09

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 15.07.19, 14:19