> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Firmware for Sibrary G6 HD and its clones (Ritmix RBK700 HD, Digma E601 HD, Qumo Libro II HD, GMini M6HD, GMini M6FHD | Discuss firmware for clone books Sibrary G6 HD

Rep: (1360)
DiscussionSibrary G6 HD firmware
Ritmix RBK-700HD, Digma E601 HD, Qumo Libro II HD, GMini M6HD, GMini M6FHD -Sibrary G6 HD she has many names

DiscussionRitmix RBK700 HD пїЅ | DiscussionDigma e601HD пїЅ | DiscussionQumo Libro II HD пїЅ | DiscussionGMini M6HD пїЅ
FirmwareQumo Libro II HD пїЅ | FirmwareGMini M6HD пїЅ

Here I proposebSuggest firmware for these books. With the exception of Qumo Libro II HD, the rest of the books are hardware identical, so the firmware for them is fully compatible.

To begin with, there is an old and a new version of the OS - the old one, built on GTK and the new one, onLu nux QT- I don’t know if it’s ok, or the Linux distribution that is languishing inside is really called Lunux QT Linux.
The old version is a workhorse (inconspicuous in appearance, but it regularly does everything that is needed from it).
New version - withblackjack and whoresbeautiful and widgetscomplaints to hermuch more.
Firmware on the official websites of manufacturers:
Ritmix RBK-700HD- on the left under the photo, only one version is presented - on GTK, with which the book came into my hands. The firmware manual is extremely ascetic, but sufficient.
Qumo Libro II HD- also one version, at the bottom right of the page.
G-mini M6HD- a set of files is modest, three versions, one of them is old, one is new and about one I am not sure exactly.
Digma e601HD- a set of files here is more decent, (at the moment - January 23, 2013) has 4 versions on QT and 2 on GTK.Instructionplentiful and imbued with care for users (it is prescribed to use the card reader to FILL firmware onto a memory card - IT IS NOT CERTAINABLE - this is so that users do not confuse internal memory and card).
FTP from Sibrary:ftp://125.91.8.7.Login - FTP_user1. Password - user123
This FTP could potentially have something interesting. Changing the number at the end of the login in the range of 1..7 you get into different archives.

Custom firmware:
DDiX forum on Digma- here you can read a lot of interesting things about these firmware, in particular, where to getdictionaries and how to install them.
Forum Ivsor- the forum of our compatriot, entirely devoted to the firmware for these books. Registration there is difficult - activation does not come to the post office, you need to knock the admin on ICQ to get activation. He knows how to make and loves a lot of tasty, custom firmware.
The-EBook forum- theme for reverse engineering firmware for books. A lot of technical information.
Firmware modification
You can use the script to unpack the sibrary.img format firmware.sibrary_unpack.sh- it takes the name of the file to unpack and creates a bunch of files with the names of the form9_FS.11032100 where 9 is the ordinal number, 11032100 is the data version (any number), FS is the data type (there are 9 types in total - elf (binary executable update file)), U_Boot is the loader (experimenting is EXTREMELY dangerous - a minor error will result building), hardinfo (offset of the book is indicated by offset 0x17C, also contains some more values, the meaning of which is not clear to me), OEM (the meaning is not clear), rckn (zImage is the image of the kernel responsible for flashing the book - experimenting is not desirable) CRAMFS-image file system responsible for flashing - experiment of oriented undesirable), kernel (zImage-image, the main core of the system), logo (image boot) and FS (ext3-image internal memory partition firmware).

You can use the script to rebuild the firmware.sibrary_repack.sh- it takes the name of the output file, and then the section names and their data. Necessarily the first section should go ELF, then any sections can go. If there is no section in the image, the existing data in the memory of the book will not be changed when flashing from this image (for example, having collected an image from the ELF and logo, you can flash it to change the image when loading the book without changing the firmware itself.
There are two versions of the firmware - their FS, kernel and logo do not match each other (for example, it will not be possible to flash the logo from a GTK firmware on a QT firmware or run a GTK firmware with a core from QT).

To make your own picture when downloading you need a program.rgb4bit
To prepare the logo for the GTK firmware, you need to do
convert logo.jpg -flip -colors 256 -compress None logo.bmp && ./rgb4bit -i logo.bmp -o logo.raw
and for QT firmware,
convert logo.jpg -rotate -90 -flip -colors 256 -compress None logo.bmp && ./rgb4bit -i logo.bmp -o logo.raw

You can view existing logo for GTK firmware
rawtopgm<LOGO -bpp 1 386 1024>LOGO.pgm
(where 1024 is the screen height, 386 is the screen width / 2), and for the QT firmware it is
rawtopgm<7_logo.data -bpp 1,512,768>LOGO.pgm
(where 512 is the screen height / 2, 768 is the screen width).

The firmware process:
1. First, the "preprocessor" starts, which searches for files and starts the update process. If you see 2 messages on the screen that update not found and the diode in the corner of the book is flashing - feel free to distort the battery, you have incorrectly written the memory card for the firmware.
2. If the firmware file is found - the screen is cleared and the second stage begins - the firmware update. Upon completion, his book writes that nothing needs to be done, to be continued and reboots.
3. After the reboot, the firmware continues, during this stage, the percentages run and then, when everything is completed, the book goes to reboot already in the new firmware.
If the firmware does not start (white screen when trying to enter the firmware) - try to installpatch for repairfrom the forum Ivsor.

Personal experience on the use of firmware:
I bought a book to read manga, and therefore I appreciate everything from this point of view. Who can appreciate other opportunities - you are welcome.
Official firmwarefor Ritmix RBK-700HD (GTK) :
It looks odd, but what is called "doing everything right."
There are 2 games - sapper and go. Large selection of options for the image viewer - zoom in height, latitude, page size, point to point, free scaling. It opens the ZIP-archive with 1048 pictures 112 Mb in 7 seconds and scrolls from it manga almost instantly, the delay is quite acceptable and does not cause irritation.
Disadvantages: There are no dictionaries, no widgets. The image viewer has a scope of 750x1008 pixels - it is determined experimentally using a test pattern with http://habrahabr.ru/post/129397/ and the zoom when scrolling is reset to the "page size" position. TTS in Russian reads, although poorly (by definition).
Corrected firmware from 12/26/2012by SKV (QT) :
Changelog.Beautiful (see screenshots on the Ivsor forum). There is a dictionary game Sudoku. The image viewer opens to full screen (all 768x1024, checked by pattern). It seems that the scaling of the image to the screen size is much more interesting than on the Ritmix firmware - the moire patterns are much cooler than the simple grid / chess there. A good Russian and English keyboard, although the implementation in the firmware from Ritmix is ​​more ergonomic - any button is pressed for 3-4 cursor movements.
Disadvantages: the same archive with manga opens in 20 seconds, scrolls forward with a huge delay (about 8 seconds), scrolls back with an even greater delay and often hangs nafig, you have to hold the switch until a window appears, answer "no" to the shutdown question - after that goes to the list of pictures. The set of options in the image viewer is extremely small. TTS in Russian does not read. For me - not suitable.

Basic firmware with old GUIfrom Digma (GTK) (10/22/2011 v3.0.1) : I didn’t want to start up on my RBK700HD (built-in test for the book dhigmosvkost) For me - not suitable.
UPD: In connection with finding the ability to edit the firmware directly open recipe to fix this firmware. To do this, you must mount it and replace the file / usr / local / bin / psplash with this . The firmware is utterly reminiscent of Ritmix, but there is support for dictionaries, as well as a more beautiful design in my opinion. Manga from archives does not read (one file at a time).

The basic "firmware" from 12/27/11from QUMO Libro II HD (GTK) : Runs. The appearance is more interesting than on the official firmware for Ritmix RBK-700HD, but there are problems with the buttons for updating the screen and going to the settings menu (do not work).

Some iron:
WIKI by model Sibrary G6 + picture with pinout UARTFirmware for Sibrary G6 HD and its clones (Ritmix RBK700 HD, Digma E601 HD, Qumo Libro II HD, GMini M6HD, GMini M6FHD (Post tervel # 38766400).Another onepicturewith connection for UART (miniJACK - ground, socket with contacts torn out of miniUSB cable). Levels are naturally TTL.
Here- the addresses to which the bootloader is loaded
Here- the addresses to which the firmware is loaded
Some software: if you put an executable file or a shell script in the memory of a book or on a card and then open it in the "explorer" - it will be executed. This allows you to run arbitrary code on the book.

For example, writing the following in the SSH.sh script:
for GTK firmware
#! / bin / sh
IP = 192.168.2.3
LOG = ether.log.txt
# LOG = / dev / null

if lsmod | grep g_ether; then
rmmod g_ether
killall dropbear
fi

cd / media / mmcblk0p1 /
rmmod g_file_storage
rmmod g_serial
#insmod /lib/modules/2.6.24.2-Boeye/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko>>ether.log.txt 2>& 1 || messagebox "Cannot load g_ether.ko"
modprobe g_ether>>$ LOG 2>& 1 || messagebox "Cannot load g_ether.ko"
echo '--------------'>>$ LOG
mkdir / etc / dropbear
sleep 2
ifconfig usb0 inet $ IP || messagebox "Cannot configure usb0 interface!"
dmesg>>$ LOG
ifconfig -a>>$ LOG
route>>$ LOG
/etc/init.d/dropbear start>>$ LOG 2>& 1 || messagebox "Cannot start SSH server!"
messagebox "SSH should be started now, IP = $ IP"

Or this (essno having entered your user key from ~ / .ssh / id_rsa.pub before):
for QT firmware
#! / bin / sh
rsa_key = "ssh-rsa $ rsa_key user @ hostname"
IP = 192.168.2.3
# LOG = ether.log.txt
LOG = / dev / null
if lsmod | grep g_ether; then
rmmod g_ether
killall dropbear
fi
cd / media / mmcblk0p1
rmmod g_file_storage
rmmod g_serial
insmod / lib / modules / 2.6.24.2-Boeye/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko 2>&1 >$ LOG
if [[! -d / etc / dropbear]]; then
mkdir / etc / dropbear
/ usr / bin / dropbearkey -t rsa -f / etc / dropbear / dropbear_rsa_host_key 2>&1 >>$ LOG
fi
if [[! -d ~ / .ssh]]; then
mkdir -p ~ / .ssh /
echo "$ rsa_key">~ / .ssh / authorized_keys
fi
sleep 2
ifconfig usb0 $ IP 2>&1 >>$ LOG
/ usr / sbin / dropbear -r / etc / dropbear / dropbear_rsa_host_key -p 22 -E 2>&1 >>$ LOG

Connecting the book with a regular USB cable, refusing to connect to a PC and running this SSH.sh in the explorer, and then doing it on a computer (under Linux of course, use the alternative OS and search for drivers for it yourself):
sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.1
ssh [email protected]

and pressing Enter on the password request, you can log into the system books on SSH, which will give full ROOT access to everything. Androids will understand.

Running the script
export_firmware.sh
#! / bin / sh
partition = "/ dev / mmcblk0p2"
rmmod g_file_storage
rmmod g_serial
rmmod g_ether
mount -o remount, ro "$ partition" || messagebox "Remount readonly failed !!!"
modprobe g_file_storage file = "$ partition" || messagebox "Cannot g_file_storage to $ partition!" && messagebox "g_file_storage done, partition $ partition"
You can open the book's firmware for read access (writing is also possible, but not recommended, you must reload the book immediately after writing). If the firmware is still damaged - do not panic, just reflash again from the card.

The firmware file (sibrary.img) that starts with the text boeyesibraryupdate and weighs a little more than 411 meters can be directly mounted to read-write using the command
sudo mount -t ext3 -o loop, offset = 12336194 sibrary.img /tmp/sibrary.mounted
(where /tmp/sibrary.mounted is the mount point, 12336194 is the offset from the beginning of the file, individually for each firmware, can be calculated by performing
bgrep 667300002456a8 sibrary.img
(Wherebgrep- a program to search for signatures, 667300002456a8 - the signature of the beginning of the FS section in the file), and then add 12 to the received offset (for example, on the Ritmix firmware, this is 00b98f82). After unmounting the modified file can be sewn.
Technical information from SSH on GTK firmware
root @ sibrary: ~ # df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 387.4M 198.4M 168.9M 54% /
/ dev / root 387.4M 198.4M 168.9M 54% /
none 61.8M 40.0k 61.7M 0% / dev
/ dev / mmcblk0p2 387.4M 198.4M 168.9M 54% / media / mmcblk0p2
tmpfs 61.8M 36.0k 61.7M 0% / var / volatile
tmpfs 61.8M 0 61.8M 0% / media / ram
/ dev / mmcblk0p1 3.0G 2.0G 1005.1M 67% / media / mmcblk0p1
root @ sibrary: ~ # fdisk -l;

Disk / dev / mmcblk0: 3860 MB, 3860856832 bytes
32 heads, 32 sectors / track, 7364 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1024 * 512 = 524288 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/ dev / mmcblk0p1 1,6164 3155952 83 Linux #Memory Book
/ dev / mmcblk0p2 6165 6964 409600 83 Linux Firmware
/ dev / mmcblk0p3 6965 7064 51200 83 Linux # Zero
/ dev / mmcblk0p4 7065 7164 51200 83 Linux # Zero

root @ sibrary: ~ # cat / proc / mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/ dev / root / ext3 rw, data = ordered 0 0
proc / proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs / sys sysfs rw 0 0
none / dev tmpfs rw 0 0
/ dev / mmcblk0p2 / media / mmcblk0p2 ext3 rw, data = ordered 0 0
devpts / dev / pts devpts rw 0 0
tmpfs / var / volatile tmpfs rw 0 0
tmpfs / media / ram tmpfs rw 0 0
/ dev / mmcblk0p1 / media / mmcblk0p1 vfat rw, fmask = 0022, dmask = 0022, codepage = cp936, iocharset = utf8 0 0
root @ sibrary: ~ # ps
PID Uid VSZ Stat Command
1 root 1500 S init [5]
2 root SW<[kthreadd]
3 root SW<[ksoftirqd / 0]
4 root SW<[watchdog / 0]
5 root SW<[events / 0]
6 root SW<[khelper]
61 root SW<[kblockd / 0]
64 root SW<[ksuspend_usbd]
69 root SW<[khubd]
76 root SW<[kmmcd]
102 root SW [pdflush]
103 root SW [pdflush]
104 root SW<[kswapd0]
105 root SW<[aio / 0]
114 root SW<[kupdatefbd]
185 root SW<[kapmd]
203 root SW<[accel_mxc6025]
204 root SW<[accel_mma7660]
222 root SW<[boeye-kpd]
249 root SW<[mmcqd]
272 root SW<[kjournald]
319 root 1880 S</ sbin / udevd -d
523 daemon 1488 S / sbin / portmap
537 messagebus 2268 S / usr / bin / dbus-daemon - system
561 root 2736 Xinit / etc / X11 / Xsession - / usr / bin / Xfbdev: 0 -br -pn -screen 768x1024 @ 1x16 -dpi 150 -rgba vrgb
575 root 7992 S</ usr / bin / Xfbdev: 0 -br -pn -screen 768x1024 @ 1x16 -dpi 150 -rgba vrgb
582 root 6520 S matchbox-window-manager -theme Sato-use_desktop_mode decorated -use_cursor no
586 root 3064 S dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
587 root 2268 S / usr / bin / dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
588 root 9352 S / usr / bin / settings-daemon -n
594 root 5200 S / usr / libexec / gconfd-2
603 root 44336 S sibrary_service
604 root 23720 S filemanager
626 root 20664 S panel
628 root 1744 S / sbin / getty 115200 s3c2410_serial3
631 root 16040 S tts_server
634 root 15920 S screensaver
823 root 2088 S / usr / sbin / dropbear -r / etc / dropbear / dropbear_rsa_host_key -p 22
833 root 2612 S / usr / sbin / dropbear -r / etc / dropbear / dropbear_rsa_host_key -p 22
834 root 3060 S -sh
864 root 4300 R ps
root @ sibrary: ~ # cat / proc / cpuinfo
Processor: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS: 199.47
Features: swp half fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer: 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant: 0x0
CPU part: 0x926
CPU revision: 5
Cache type: write-back
Cache clean: cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown: format C
Cache format: Harvard
I size: 16384
I assoc: 4
I line length: 32
I sets: 128
D size: 16384
D assoc: 4
D line length: 32
D sets: 128

Hardware: BOEYE_BD
Revision: 0000
Serial: 0000000000000000
root @ sibrary: ~ # free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 126516 65960 60556 0 6896
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 126516 65960 60556
root @ sibrary: ~ # dmesg
http://pastebin.com/EHnfRWDB

Book Software (GTK):
eView 059- a great manga viewer. He is able to cleverly rotate text, scale it, scroll manga on frames on a page, cut off white and black fields, remembers the last file that was launched. Reads manga from ZIP and RAR archives.Topic on The-Ebook
There is a built-in file manager with the ability to copy, move and delete files, as well as create temporary directories. Fileman this just saved me when I was picking, looking for ways to launch SSH.
Only for GTK-based firmware (Attempting to port to QT firmware turned into many technical difficulties).

Set of gamesfor the book. Includes chess, sokoban and tag. Chess and sokoban look dumb, but I don’t have their source code - I can’t fix it.A source

We communicate, we discuss.
The post will be updated with the accumulation of experience.
I am reconstructing the merging of those on the firmware that I listed with this one, in order to make it universal and combine the efforts of all users, as well as replacing the links in the discussion caps of books on this topic.

Post has been editedvadeus - 24.06.15, 11:17
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (5)
The topic looks inanimate (and I'm not quite on the topic), but I will write.
I want to thank for eView. The program is very convenient, it works without failures (except for v64: updating the screen is the same) and the functionality is sufficient. No, I do not read comics or manga. For example, I took screenshots of the necessary (web) pages and later read it on the reader (by the way, he is still alive).
Now there is no such need, but I would like to have a similar application on the android. Viewed F-Droid directories, lists of programs onsavagemessiahzine.com- it's not that (I did not find monotonous fields even with auto-trimming applications). Tell me something?

Rep: (12)
I express my gratitude to the author of the assembled firmware: thank_you: - the old Digma 601XD came straight back to life with this firmware. How did I manage to skip this topic before? :)

Rep: (0)
S-trace @ 01/23/13, 21:45*
To do this, you need to mount it and replace the file / usr / local / bin / psplash with this one.

no one survived?

Rep: (3)
Once saved: rolleyes:
The author's archive from the site from the site with the source of games for Qumo Libre II on a temporary file hosting 1.3 GB
From there SDK 200 mb

P.S. For a long time this book did not include: rolleyes:
There is a scheme from it. WM6 nobody wanted to collect at this percent and its periphery?

Attached files

Attached fileG6 Repair.pdf(662.16 KB)

Post has been editedKPGA - 29.09.17, 19:42

KPGA @ 09/29/17, 19:19*
Once saved: rolleyes:
The author's archive from the site from the site with the source of games for Qumo Libre II on a temporary file hosting 1.3 GB
From there SDK 200 mb

If possible, please post the archives again, otherwise they have already expired.

Rep: (3)
Perezal these two archives :)
Qumo Libre II on a temporary file hosting 1.3 GB

Greetings

People, did anyone have the sibrary_unpack.sh and sibrary_repack.sh scripts?

Good day. I ask for help from anyone who can help. The essence of the problem is as follows:
1. There is an email. book Ritmix RBK-700 HD. The girl slammed the display and threw it to hell, buying a new one. So he lay for 3-4 years, and then deciding to replace the new display, stood - LB060x01-rd01, replaced with - LB060x02-rd01, according to the descriptions they are equivalent. Everything worked, BUT the image on the display is this: the left and center bottom edges of the image are outside the edge of the screen, the first thought was that the problem with the firmware and I changed it to the official one from this device. It did not help, I decided to insert the firmware of. from Digma e601 HD, everything is exactly the same, everything works, but there is no part of the image, more precisely, beyond the edge of the screen. Is it possible to somehow change the resolution or something else?

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (3916)
LeXX_7777 @ 03.28.19, 15:22*
or something else?

Buy / put the screen with the appropriate resolution (758x1024).

It is worth the screen just with a resolution of 756 * 1024

LeXX_7777, try to correct variables in the / etc / profile file
MACHINE_SCREEN_WIDTH
MACHINE_SCREEN_HEIGHT
WIDTH_MM
HEIGHT_MM
QWS_SIZE

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.06.19, 08:13