HP Pavilion g6 - Discussion | [notebook] Discussion, problems and solutions

Rep: (15)
HP Pavilion g6-2254sr (C4V41EA)
Windows (7 пїЅ | RT пїЅ | 8.1 пїЅ | 10 пїЅ) | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

A warning!
Do not delete the preinstalled Win8! Or, if you really want to delete the eight, do not overwrite the recovery sector, because after the removal of tortured with finding drivers! With the search for drivers on Win7, so far everyone has a problem (Infa - a lot of forums have been scanned).
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
type of product

Type - laptop

CPU

Central Processing Unit - Intel Core i5
Index - 3217U
Processor Frequency - 1.8 GHz
L2 cache (level 2) - 3072 KB
Chipset - Intel HM76 Express (North Bridge)

Memory

Type of RAM - DDR3 SDRAM
RAM capacity - 4096 MB
Maximum settable volume - 8192 MB
Number of connectors - 2 (total)
Storage capacity - 500 GB
Drive Interface - SATA
Hard disk rotation speed - 5400 rpm

Picture

Screen Type - LCD TFT
Screen size - 15.6 "
Screen resolution and format - 1366 x 768 WXGA 16: 9
Proprietary Technology - BrightView
The amount of own video memory - 1024 MB
Camera - WEB-camera
Camera resolution - 0.3 megapixels.

Removable Storage Devices

Form Factor - Internal

Supply system

Offline Source Charge - External Power Adapter
Power supply power - 65 W
Technology - Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
Battery - 6-section

Dimensions and weight

Width - 37.6 cm
Height - 3.6 cm
Depth - 24.4 cm
Weight - 2.48 kg
Characteristics of the native power supply
Drivers and software
Reviews, reviews and comparisons
Useful information
Win8 performance
Attached Image
Cooling and performance
I have two devices (one drives the air into the ventilation holes, the other exhausts the hot air), which at 100% load reduces the temperature by 10 В°, which in particularly demanding games leads to an "increase" in FPS, Throttling does not occur at critical temperatures.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Instructions for switching video cards
For a start, I advise you to make hot keys to launch Catalyst
Select "Options">"Keyboard Shortcuts"
Attached Image
Put the checkbox "Enable shortcut" and select any combination to launch Catalyst
Attached Image
Next, switch the video adapter for the desired application, go to the "Power" ->"Switchable graphics"
Attached Image
Next in the "Other Applications" click "Select" and look for the desired EXE-nickname.
Attached Image
Assign "High Performance" or "Energy Saving", depending on the needs.
Attached Image
I also advise you to put a check in the line "Show pop-up warning for unassigned applications." Then Catalyst will ask you (after first run) in which mode to run, here you will not go wrong ...
Laptop RAM
The laptop supports 2-channel mode, t.ch. it makes sense to put the second bar, the performance will increase slightly by 5-10% in games, 20-70% in graphics applications that more fully use the RAM
Attached Image
Instructions for parsing a laptop
Recovery and transfer of Windows (And also to all who demolished the Recovery partition)
Flash flashing"Caps lock ", with problems with the launch
Solving the problem with switchable video cards on Windows 8.1andstill
Gaming performance
Update Catalyst (those who like to play on the beech)
How to upgrade to Windows 10

Post has been editedNik2001Nik3006 - 19.09.17, 17:19

Antonimus2005 @ 20.03.2013, 20:28*
Yes

Then it's another topic .... Look at the programming forums.

Rep: (346)
guys week chose a new laptop, stopped on this variant. the only thing that scares - the glossy screen. Actually the question: is not much it mirrors?

Sam is also wary of the glossy screen (second laptop with a matte), but if you are not going to use it on the street, the brightness of the screen behind her missing that would kill all the glare. And boobsche schA very good matte film is sold, the price of 500 - 1000r.
PySy yesterday achieved a unique record: 2:00 play Fallout NV on one akkamulyator after recharging - even 5h 30min quiet work. Brightness on max. WiFi enabled.

Rep: (346)
Comrades, became the proud owner of this car :) I came home, ran, turned and slightly blunted: it is normal that I do not have a disk with beech? And from the bottom on the bottom there is no sticker, confirming license?

Sovereshenno normal! It was taken back when the first laptop bought about 7 years ago. Especially in the HP and Malokosofta contract in brand promotion of each other! Any HP laptop comes only with Windows!

Post has been editeddimkamorshin - 26.03.13, 08:00
Reason for editing: illiteracy

Rep: (0)
frustrating temperature slightly processor driven; 55 40 degrees in a simple, but the frequency of up to 3GHz bounces. But the fan that quietly begins to spin. But when sewn bios overclock the fan at full power and that's where the noise was at a level, and so did not hear ... do not tell anyone not to make the fan spin more active ???

You surprise me! For the processor, but more so for the laptop temperature of 50 В° C is arctic cold (I know whereof I speak - a lifetime clocked their computers)! When you're not working to stitch HP-valued utility (Th something like HP silence cooling is called, I do not remember exactly) so cooler and spun stupidly at maximum speed. Why do you constantly maximum speed? HP engineers have calculated everything and without you, and so you are ahead of time ubesh cooler and zabesh laptop dust. Buy yourself a better stand Tipo that I showed in the header, and you will have happiness! But if you are stubborn :) then cut down the utility (do not remember only through the BIOS or windsurfing ... the evening you look otpishu).

Rep: (50)
Hail the Lord!
A few days ago bought a laptop HP Pavilion G6-2254sr the notorious card AMD Radeon HD 7670M on board, as well as pre-installed OS Windows 8. There was some difficulty, namely the brightness of the backlight and the contrast vary depending on the number of dark or light shades on the screen at any given time. Previously, I have experienced this effect and I can say that this is the work of the so-called Vari-Brigth - AMD technology designed to reduce power consumption of the display when running on battery power, as well as to reduce the load on the eye with a sharp change of light on a dark background. But the fact is that before I could turn off this feature via the standard Catalyst Control Center, and now there is no such function. The search produced no results, or all states about disabling the adaptive brightness setting (which does not apply to this problem), or about a trip through the same CAS. The only thing that I found on the subject, so it is a question on Google-questions about exactly the same situation. Who has ideas how to disable the Vari-Brigth on Windows 8?

zer66607 @ 01.04.2013, 19:33*
Who has ideas how to disable the Vari-Brigth on Windows 8?

That's be honest - I do not know ... I was not a bit annoying! The more that this effect is noticeable only when running on battery power only when changing from dark to light tones, that does not often happen ...

dimkamorshin @ 01.04.2013, 21:05*
The more that this effect is noticeable only when running on battery power only when changing from dark to light tones, that does not often happen ...

Yes, only the battery, but I do so and took the laptop to be able to get at least some some mobility, but about not often you're wasting it, I have enough bright wallpaper on the desktop, but the background start screen with tiles dark and very annoying when you switch from the table on the tiles, but even in this case there can be tolerated, but when you watch the video, or you ride from site to site where registration is not always done in bright colors is very unpleasant, and most importantly, I would have spat if change It occurred smoothly and not irregular. And yet I'm the type of users who are irritated if there is the option that I can not set up at its own discretion.
In general, the question remains open, firewood 13.1 set have not tried, because there is no way to download, besides there is no confidence in the trouble-free operation (many complain about the complexity of the driving performance of the driver)

zer66607 @ 01.04.2013, 21:56*
if changes occur gradually and not abruptly

Th is weird like that ... I have a very smoothly this happens as if the brightness has changed a bit, for my eyes scarcely noticeable (I have the wallpaper is completely black). The brighter the light in the room, the more noticeable transition. Movies on the laptop do not look for it bought 40 "FullHD TV set.
PySy: When I took the laptop, ready to advance to the small joint, and what else to expect from nouta for 19 kilorubley, would like more quality laptop - Asus would take over 25-27 thousand. And I decided to save money and I think never lost.

I'm not saying that miscalculated, for the money more powerful perhaps not find, just irritates me Vari-Brigth. On the plate, I disabled it and enjoy life. Somebody put the driver 13.1 in our laptop, as a result?

zer66607 @ 02.04.2013, 13:45*
Somebody put the driver 13.1 in our laptop, as a result?

I do all the updates delivered, all OK! Besides wood for WiFi, described in the header, flied WiFi adapter.

Post has been editeddimkamorshin - 02.04.13, 15:11
Reason for editing: ignorance ...

dimkamorshin @ 02.04.2013, 16:10*
I do all the updates delivered, all OK!

He does not come with the update, it is necessary to go to the AMD site to download and install, and therefore not interested in whether there were problems because it will be difficult to solve them in my present circumstances.

Rep: (2)
I bought this noutbuk.Vso like for such money in the 17900 Citylink. Please help me with the design of the underground windose 8. On the right panel as it is randomly climbs forever already angry. Or in consequence of which it should appear?

tRaneccc @ 07.04.2013, 17:12*
Please help me with the design of the underground windose 8

This focus on the touch screen - if you hold the mouse along one side of it there are different support panel. In general, I advise you to check outmini reviewEight - perhaps many problems "disappear." YetHere's this short articlecan be read.

Post has been editeddimkamorshin - 08.04.13, 10:45
Reason for editing: Added 2nd RECALLING

Here I think to buy the unit and immediately add operatives 4 giga,here is this modulehim fit without any problems? On the HP website says that nouta the DIMM memory, and this strip SO-DIMM. First my laptop, so did not realize until, like the DIMM for Big Brother and the SO-DIMM for Note, or am I wrong? And how easy is it to add memory, unscrew the cap, and all things? And the warranty does not evaporate at the same time? Thank you, if anyone answers.

Rep: (2709)
werty1001 @ 03.05.2013, 21:47*
DIMM for like Big Brother, and SO-DIMM for noutom
And there is.
werty1001 @ 03.05.2013, 21:47*
Warranty does not evaporate at the same time?
Of course not.

Shoore,
Thank.

Question to the owners of which frequency has a RAM 1300 or 1600MHz? The cap 1333 in a review read that in 1600.

1333MHz tested and Aida Everest.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 21/09/19, 18:32