Selection and discussion of power supplies for PC | Determination of system power consumption, power supply, problem solving

Rep: (513)
Choosing a power supply for the PC
Instructions for power supplies

Attached Image

Attention!

Important: List of recommended power supplies with basic features .
How to get help on the power supply
If you need help choosing a new power supply:
  • Specify the exact configuration of your PC, including the case model.
  • Presence / absence of overclocking
  • Specify the budget for the purchase
  • Shop / city for orientation in prices and assortment
  • Is it planned to upgrade the processor and / or video card. If yes, then an approximate level of upgrade.
If you need to determine whether there is enough power available power supply for your PC
  • Specify the exact model of the power supply, or photo stickers from it
  • Specify the complete configuration of your PC
  • Presence / absence of overclocking

Useful articles and reviews
Sockets and voltages on power supplies
Attached Image

1) - Connector for Floppy drive. The maximum contact load is 2A. Total power - 34 watts
2) - "Molex" connector for connecting old HDD CD / DVD peripherals. Contact load - 11A, power - up to 187 watts per connector completely
3) - Connector for connecting devices with "SATA" interface. For each wire there are three pins in the connector. Load characteristics correspond to the connector "Molex"
4,5) - 6 + 2pin connector (8 pin with 2 pin detachable for compatibility with 6 pin connector) and 6pin for powering video cards. Compatible with video cards having 8pin power and 6pin - (two contacts will not be used). Power load from 75 to 280 watts (6pin) or from 150 to 430 watts (8pin) depending on the applied contacts - more details: PCI-E video card additional power connector
6,7) - Connector 8pin or split 8pin (4 + 4pin) to power the processor. Load from 192 to 288 watts for 4pin.
8) - 24-pin main connector for supplying voltage to the motherboard. May have detachable 4pin (20 + 4pin) for compatibility with older motherboards. The maximum sumaar load on the connector from 373 to 684 watts, depending on the applied contacts.

Stresses and tolerances:
Attached Image

Technology and protection:
OCP - Protection against overcurrent
OTP - Overheat protection
Scp - Protection against short circuit
Ovp - Overvoltage protection
OPP / OLP - Overload protection by PWM microcontroller
UVP - Undervoltage protection
Sip - Protection against voltage surges \ current
NLP - Ability to work with zero load
Topics on the choice of components

Post has been editedhrdcore - 08.08.19, 00:47
Reason for editing: Editing a list of useful articles and reviews.

Rep: (35)
Motherboard Gigabyte m61pme-s2p, AMD Phenom II X4 925 processor. Gigabyte PCI-Ex GeForce GT 630 2048MB DDR3 graphics card. and power supply 400w
Will the BP pull such a load?

Post has been editedStel6max - 06.08.14, 14:03

Rep: (2118)
* Stel6max,
your configuration needs ~ 220-230 watts at 12V. It remains for you to find out how much the power supply unit produces via the 12V line.

Rep: (2191)
KOT-BE3DEXOD @ 08/06/2014, 19:31*
It remains for you to find out how much the power supply unit produces via the 12V line.

The main thing is that what is written on the label corresponds to reality.

Rep: (2118)
PBSP2 @ 08/06/2014, 20:39*
The main thing is that what is written on the label corresponds to reality.
You're right. But since the bp model is not named, we cannot give the user the most complete answer. But only general concepts.

Rep: (0)
I would like to ask the opinion of those who have encountered such a BP as Aerocool Strike-X 600. What can be said about it good / bad?
While thinking about what kind of video card to buy for such a unit (if it is of high quality) - 760 or 770, how strong is the performance gain and how much is it noticeable?

* Ileas21,
Good in it - the price
The bad is mediocre quality.

If you have not bought it, it is better to take something more impressive
If it is already purchased - then let it be worth it. Card 770 he mastered.

Not purchased, but planned. It all comes down to finances. What can you advise relatively inexpensive and angry?

Ileas21 @ 08/08/2014, 16:33*
Can you advise relatively inexpensive and angry?

It all depends on how much it is "inexpensive", as well as on the range in your store.

Approximately between 2 and 3 pieces

* Ileas21,
http://www.nix.ru/auto…8812.html?city_id=1721
http://www.nix.ru/auto…3566.html?city_id=1721

PBSP2
looked at the site where you got rid of, looked at their sites, starts to frighten that in almost every review of BP, no matter what amount of money purchased, even for a thousand, at least five, they write that everything, sorry, g * clearly, poor quality, everything makes noise, chokes whistles, burns, after three days back to the server. Where is the truth? Found these:
http://technopoint.ru/…-chieftec-650w?sserv=2
http://technopoint.ru/...ke-tr2-rx-650w?sserv=2
http://technopoint.ru/…alman-glx-700w?sserv=2
http://technopoint.ru/...sairair-cx-600w?sserv=2
what can you say about them?

Ileas21 @ 08/09/2014, 08:20*
that everything, sorry, g * vn, poor quality, everything is noisy, chokes whistles, burns, three days later back to the server. Where is the truth?

Read less reviews. There, for only the bad ones write, or shkolota tries to shine with knowledge.

Ileas21 @ 08/09/2014, 08:20*
what can you say about them?

The first one is especially good, but its power is excessive even for i7 + 780ti

Rep: (1809)
Guys tell me who faced this BP -http://www.nix.ru/incl…ood_id=121407&pid=2311he has even W or "Chinese", but it seems that there is not enough power for this -The choice of hardware for Mac OS (Post # 33696690) ?
What do you say?

* ctich21
Hello! This disguised FSP PNR 500 is the most budget FSP. 400 watts from exactly give up on the specified config - enough with his head. According to the problem from the post - if I'm not mistaken, then on that USB board they are powered from the duty room (does the phone charge while the PC is turned off?), But it may not be enough for everything. To measure on a purple wire when everything is plugged into USB.

Rep: (1722)
PBSP2 @ 08.21.2014, 20:44*
Is the phone charging while the PC is off?

Thanks for the tip, now came to work, checked,does not charge a mobile phone from usb ports when the computer is turned off (tried both 3.0 and 2.0) or can it be disabled somewhere in the BIOS ?.It turned out I misled you. This Ogryazok did not want to be charged when the computer was turned off, apparently there was not enough power for him. But the usual mobile phone is charging, and from any of the USB ports, and no matter 3.0 or 2.0
I understand that in this case, the replacement of the power supply will not give anything? Or all the same different power supply units give different capacity on duty? If it makes sense to replace which one would you recommend? That would not overpay, but that would be with a certain stock.

Turned on the computer, now on usb 3.0 external hard was defined normally and works. Perhaps just a glitch was some that day ...
Yes, my mother is like revision 1.1 (or does it not matter?)
A photo
Attached Image

Post has been editedBerdichev - 23.08.14, 09:49

* Berdichev,
Audit does not matter. The fact that:
Berdichev @ 08/23/2014, 09:24*
But the usual mobile phone is charging, and from any of the USB ports, and no matter 3.0 or 2.0

indicates that the USB is working from the power line of the power supply unit, and it is not so powerful.

Berdichev @ 08/23/2014, 09:24*
Or all the same different power supply units give different capacity on duty?

Yes. To begin with, I would take a guaranteed quality power supply unit from someone and check it. Or check the voltage on your power supply - connect everything to USB, see that it reads a glitch - grabbed a multimeter and:
PBSP2 @ 08.21.2014, 19:44*
Measure on a purple wire

CPU: Intel Core i3-530, 3433 MHz
System Board: Asus P7H55-M Pro
System memory: 6080 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
Video adapter: AMD Radeon HD 5770 (512 MB)
BP: Xigmatek NRP-VC503 500Whttp: //xigmatek.roma.u...details-psu-vc503.html

I want to take ASUS R9270, is this bp enough?

Post has been editedMilti - 26.08.14, 22:05

* Milti,
BP though low-grade - but should be enough. He has problems with cooling - if after installing the card you notice increased heat, then it is better to replace it all the same.

PBSP2 @ 08.26.2014, 21:36*
Milti,
BP though low-grade - but should be enough. He has problems with cooling - if after installing the card you notice increased heat, then it is better to replace it all the same.

Yes, there is little heating, in the summer I open part of the body, and in the fall and winter, normally + there is 1 additional cooler for blowing under bp.
And tell me which one? but not very expensive, you can have several options to know for the future.

Post has been editedMilti - 26.08.14, 23:19

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/02/19, 10:53