BIOS and EFI (UEFI) | Firmware and other issues

Rep: (2)
Instructions on flashing or updating the BIOS

This topic will discuss BIOS firmware and methods for changing firmware

Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedstp101 - 07.05.19, 11:05
Reason for editing: Translated into Russian book "Practical_BIOS_Editing"

Rep: (2191)
* Oar,
Enable auto-adjustment of fans in the BIOS.

Rep: (910)
* WSonic,
Not really helping: scratch_one-s_head:

* Oar,
Determine which fan is making the most noise.

* WSonic,
It is written that the one that the CPU is blowing

Posted on 02/19/2015, 16:55:

~ 3200 rpm

* Oar,
Check CPU temperature and CPU load in idle mode.
If the processor does not load anything into idle time and does not overheat, in the BIOS in the "CPU Smart FAN Control" menu, set to "Enable", and in the "CPU Smart FAN Mode" menu, set the value depending on the type of cooler: for 3-pin fan, the value "Voltage "if the 4pin fan is" PWM ". You can put "AUTO" and allow the BIOS to independently determine the type of fan, but it may not be able to determine it correctly.

WSonic @ 02/19/2015, 19:05*
CPU temperature

27℃
How to find out how many pin?

* Oar,
See with your eyes how many wires a fan has on a CPU cooler.

Like this.
Attached Image

Oar @ 02/19/2015, 16:14*
Like this.

>>>
WSonic @ 02/19/2015, 16:05*
You can put "AUTO" and allow the BIOS to independently determine the type of fan, but it may not be able to determine it correctly.

Doesn’t help - try to set the value manually depending on the type of cooler connection.

WSonic @ 02/19/2015, 19:25*
Will not help

The Voltage value helped, there was a small whistle and noise - saved, rebooted, everything disappeared. : thank_you:

Rep: (7)
Friends, hello, tell me how to return the Asus EFI BIOS Utility graphic shell to the BIOS, for some reason it disappeared, the Asus x751MD laptop, tried to flash the BIOS, it didn’t help, the old-school blue BIOS is constantly loading, with limited functionality, how to be, help))

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
And is there such a cheto like Norton nc or wolves vc commander

Rep: (10)
I got a proprietary comp Dell all fully monitor mouse keyboard. Well, okay, the point is not that. He stood at the enterprise. A blocked BIOS, that is, I can’t do anything with it. The battery pulled out for almost a day, the fig did not help. What do you advise ? And inside, what kind of garbage is standing near the hard drive. What is it ?

Picture

Rep: (1149)
Well, search the network for a BIOS file and flash it?

Rep: (10)
Good day to all. I got an old Dell system driver from 2009 on.
I wanted to revive. But there is one problem. The BIOS is password-protected and I can’t do anything. I removed the battery for a day. Reset also did. No matter how nothing comes of it.
In those support said come with documents. Where can I get them)))) Are there any options?

Rep: (22)
* Slayercom,
Well, for starters, you need to find out the exact model of the motherboard. Cases like to put factory passwords on the BIOS. Perhaps the model will be able to google service password ...

Rep: (2)
Good afternoon, I ran into a problem. On Asus formula v in the shell I can’t enter letter commands to jump into each other and the command cannot be registered, for example, entering the next letter of the command overwrites the previous one. Clav changed Echi twisted. No result. Any thoughts?

Rep: (7)
Hello! Does anyone know how to get into Lenovo S206 BIOS? all that were "little books" already "lit up", and the sense of zero ...

* advokat-donetsk1111,
Fn + F2 try.

Rep: (2707)
Advokat-donetsk1111 @ 05.26.2015, 09:33*
Does anyone know how to get into Lenovo S206 BIOS?
From under OC does not work?UEFI FAQ (Post saintonotole # 22456519)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 09:56