> Attention

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Windows 98 PPC Edition | Windows 98 to run on a PDA

Rep: (18)
Guys I have an Acer n311 (samsung processor) but the BOCH doesn't go straight, tell me is there a way to run the BOCH on the Acer n311?
Post your Boch versions please!

P.S. In the relevant topic asked a question - did not answer.

Rep: (103)
Fidonet, Windows 98 works fine for me on E-Ten M600 + (Windows Mobile 5.0) so don’t say it’s about VM5

installation method and screenshots in the studio! I'm on my only 2.03 so far.

Rep: (58)
M
Enough already flood! Who launched Vin98 from the first post or its version of this OS on PocketDOS, Bochs or something else - lay out a detailed description, understandable to beginners, all the necessary files and screenshots. If you run 95, 2000, XP or Vista - lay out too. I will raise the message in the header and fix it, if necessary, correct the name and description of the topic. All flood and offtopic will be deleted.
While a little cleaned the topic.

Rep: (102)
volta_john 06.06.07 05:43:17
If launched 2000, XP or Vista - lay out too.

Prankster however :-D

Rep: (58)
Anch ,
joke of course. But the warning remains valid!

Rep: (3)
You better write as a start line to register in dos :)
dir is a list of files in a folder or drive
Then we are looking for MINI98
and prescribe cd mini98 it goes to the folder MINI98
get the string C: \ MINI98>
and write the name of the file in this directory in our case win.com total
C: \ MINI98>win.com

Post has been editedDimix - 12.07.07, 09:01

Rep: (1655)
Folks, I have the following questions:
1.What "maximum" version of Windows can I run via PocketDOS ???
2. I still do not understand what PocketDOS needs to run the "Mini" Windows98 ??? eight)

And also, can anyone know where you can find Win 3.11? ...
searched, searched ... result: 0 :(

Rep: (44)
And does it make sense to install Win98. Programs can then be installed?

Rep: (332)
Ivansuper ,
_http://www.sharing.ru/dl/38058/Windows_v3.1.zip.html

Put mini98. At startup, reports the missing himem.sys.
By the way, his (file) is not in the mini98 distribution. Can someone post it?

Rep: (332)
Put win3.1.
It works only through Datalight ROMDOS 6.22. FreeDos does not start, writes about a damaged himem.sys file.
Mini98 - via ROMDOS, naturally writes that it is necessary to get a version more, FreeDos writes again about the himem.sys file.

PC DOS 7.0 is not installed. I can not write and write something about boot disk 1.

Ivansuper
By the way, vin3.11 is with the appropriate topic ...

Post has been editeden-trance - 23.09.07, 22:13

Rep: (23)
I have the same thing: says that there is no HIMEM.sys (via FREEDos). :(
Let's figure it out: What is it All the This file does, and why the heck is he really needed?
Explain pliz. :)

Rep: (12)
SENSEY_007.29.09.07 02:55:54
I have the same thing: says that there is no HIMEM.sys (via FREEDos). :(
Let's figure it out: What is it All the This file does, and why the heck is he really needed?
Explain pliz. :)

I can be mistaken, but this file seems to be connected with memory, like with a cache, although I have not picked Windows for a long time (more than 5 years) I could forget it, but the fact that it is associated with memory is 100%.

Rep: (41)
Gee right, this is a memory driver. Operatives without it, the system will only see 656 kilos.

This is the extended memory driver :)

Rep: (0)
so lay out a fully assembled image please. I would like to check out this miracle.

Rep: (23)
Thank you for your explanation.

Matrix
so lay out a fully assembled image please. I would like to check out this miracle.

Fully support: what for non-working Windows?

Rep: (111)
Full image is not and never will.
The person who posted this set of files used a special utility to reduce the distribution of Windows. He installed this Windows on his computer, and here laid out the Windows folder.
Without installation, Windows will not work. Winda will go only under its own dos. Under the other she does not have to work. Winda only works on the Bochs emulator. On other emulators, Windows does not work. But even if you make an image of Windows 98, it will work with the most terrible megatormoses. If you want to play with Windows, then for this purpose I made an image of Windows 95. In the archive, it takes 12.5Mb. In the initial state, it weighs 39 meg. It can be found in the topic about installing Windows 95:
_ttp: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44701
Or in the subject of the Bochs emulator.

Rep: (13)
Brothers, screenshots in the studio, if not difficult

Rep: (3)
Klev_
But Bochs is not working for WM5 (HP 2490)

It works, there you need to install the console console and delete all its values ​​in the registry.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19 13:44