> Important!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

9 pagesV  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »  

> Emulators. FAQ + Help | emulator issues
volta_john
Message#1
29.05.07, 12:29
Unforgiven
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 706
Check in: 28.09.05

In this topic ask any questions related to emulators in general (Questions on specific emulators are asked in their topics!), are advised in choosing the best emulator for your device from among several prefixes available for emulation, etc., get initial information about emulators, etc. Well, get help, of course.
Attention! Before asking a question, try to find the answer yourself insearchingon the site and forumsavagemessiahzine.com, google, yandex, and other search engines!

FAQ fromElrik

What are these strange signs in ROM names?

These are special codes, one can learn a lot of interesting things about ROM from them. For example, the sign (U) means that the game was released in the USA (USA), and (E) and (J) are Europe and Japan. Another type of characters, in square brackets, indicates the state of the rum. For example, [b} is a bad dump (copy), i.e. ROM is corrupted, such ROMs may either not work, hang or everything will be all right and you would not even guess that it was corrupted if this code were not. The code [o] - means that the ROM size, for some reason, is larger than it should be, usually it is fully working ROMs. Here such code [!] Is very good, it means “good dump”, i.e. The rum is original and was correctly copied from the media (for example, from a cartridge). The codes [f] and [h], the first means that some changes have been made to the rum to enable it to run on the emulator, the second, a bit vague in the definition, is hacked rum, i.e. Also, changes were made to it, only what and why it is not clear - but usually for the same purposes in order to run it on the emulator. And yet, the code [T] means that the game was transferred to the specified language, for example [T + Rus] means translation into Russian.
All these codes "arrange" various programs for identification and renaming of ROM files (ROM managers).
A source:_http://www.emu-land.net/faq

I downloaded some ROM, but forgot which console it was for. How to find out?

ROM-file names may have different extensions. In most cases, the extension can determine which system the ROM file belongs to. Often the extension coincides with the abbreviated spelling of the name of the system. For many systems, there are several formats of ROMs, with different extensions. Incomplete list of existing extensions:
.32x - Sega 32x
.a26 - Atari 2600
.a52 - Atari 5200
.a78 - Atari 7800
.crt - Commodore 64 Cartridge
.gb - Game Boy
.gba - Game Boy Advance
.gbc - Game Boy Color
.gen - Sega Mega Drive / Sega Genesis
.gg - Sega Game Gear
.int - Mattel Intellivision
.md - Sega Mega Drive / Sega Genesis
.mx2 - MSX2 Cartridge
.n64 - Nintendo 64
.nds - Nintendo DS
.nes - Famicom / Nintendo Entertainment System
.pce - PC-Engine / TurboGrafx-16
.smc - Super Famicom / Super Nintendo Entertainment System
.smd - Sega Mega Drive / Sega Genesis
.sms - Sega Master System
.v64 - Nintendo 64
.ws - Bandai WonderSwan
.wsc - Bandai WonderSwan Color
.z64 - Nintendo 64
You may also encounter .bin or .rom extensions. It is impossible to unambiguously identify the system by them, they only mean that this file contains some data (.bin) or is a dump of a ROM (.rom). Often, files with this extension contain a BIOS image of a system. Dumps of games from a number of the listed and some other systems can also have the .bin or .rom extension. Most often, the .bin extension is found in dumps of games for the Sega Mega Drive, as well as in the images of compact discs of various systems (in the bin + cue format).

More codes:

[a] is an alternative version of the original version of the game, which was released later than the official release date of the game.
As a rule, this version carried the bug fixes seen in the original version or even canceled the Game Genie codes.
[t] - Coach - a piece of code that brings up the menu before the game starts, so that you can enter codes.
[p] - Pirate version of the game.
[T-] - Old translation game.
[T +] - New translation game.
(-) - game with an unknown year of release.
(M #) - Multilingual ROM (# number of languages).
(###) - Check sum.
(?? k) - ROM size.
ZZZ_ - At the moment, this ROM is not classified.
(Unl) - A game released without a license.

Country codes:

(1) - Japan and Korea
(4) - US and Brazil NTSC
(A) - Australia
(B} - Not US
(C) - China
(E) - Europe
(F) - France
(F) - The Whole World (Sega Genesis)
(FC) - French Canada
(FN) - Finland
(G) - Germany
(GR) - Greece
(HK) - Hong Kong
(N) - Holland
(J) - Japan
(K) - Korea
(NL) - Netherlands
(PD) - Freely Distributed Game (Ball)
(S) - Spain
(SW) - Sweden
(UK) - United Kingdom (England)
(Unk) - Unknown Country
(I) Italy
(Unl) - Unlicensed game.
Type (JUE) are multilingual ROMs that, depending on your machine, can choose the language of messages.

Special codes

(1) - These cartridges worked only in Japan and Korea
(4) - US and Brazil NTSC
(5) - NTSC only
(8) - Only PAL
(B} - Not US
[c] - Checksum
[x] - Incorrect checksum
[R-] - Countries

Post has been editedrendor - 26.01.08, 16:29
master6681
Message#62
24.09.07, 21:59
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 20
Check in: 08.09.07

I have a universal device and I ran into this problem when trying to play games from super nintendo. I put the MorphGear emulator and not only that I tried it on PocketSNES (its different variations). So the games start, everything works fine, but there is a problem in management. Namely, I can not press two buttons at the same time, for example, I need to run and jump, press the run - then I press the prestage - jumps and stops despite the fact that I did not let go of the run button. Tried to put on different buttons does not help, tried on several emulators, and everywhere the same problem. It looks like it is related to my PDA, but I don’t understand exactly what the snag is. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem.

Post has been editedmaster6681 - 24.09.07, 22:00
Stalker-Kostyan
Message#63
25.09.07, 08:07
flooding reactor
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 343
Check in: 03.09.07
Asus p535

For beginners, I want to write a list of consoles for which there is no emulator on the PDA yet:
1) Organazer 1 and 2
2) Symbian (all versions)
3) Nintedo 64
4) 3DO
5) Windows NT, 2000, ME, XP, Vista
6) Playstation 2 and 3
7) PSP
P.S.The absence of the Symbian Emulator is partially compensated by the Morphun and MGS emulators, whose games are often written for Symbian. They are here.Mophun Emulator
Emulator Magic Game Station
P.P.S. There are no normal emulators of Windows 95 and 98 (then a bish with the ability to install programs for them).
[u] [u]
harkap098
Message#64
25.09.07, 21:19
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 09.09.07
Asus mypal a696

Why do I always throw kada ry open rum emulator Genezis and PicoDrive ?????????????
oleg20014
Message#65
29.09.07, 20:41
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 28.09.07
HP iPAQ hw6510

Good
Whether prompt there is an opportunity to start the games written under the screen 320х240 on hp65xx (240х240) .... screen scrolling can?
Thank you in advance!
borzovich
Message#66
07.10.07, 19:08
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 03.10.07
HP iPAQ rw6815

People, skinte someone thread link to PoketISO. I can not find myself. Thanks in advance!
rendor
Message#67
07.10.07, 23:24
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 946
Check in: 18.02.06
Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 YP-GI1CW

Bams
Message#68
09.10.07, 10:23
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 23
Check in: 26.08.07

Hello to all local users! I want to ask a question: - Is it possible to emulate on my Pocket PC 2003 games for Symbian from GAGI? I really want to play them! : victory:: victory:
rendor
Message#69
10.10.07, 00:56
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 946

Bams, see here.
iguigor
Message#70
17.10.07, 17:11
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 15
Check in: 16.10.07
Acer n311

I would like to know about the program for the PC. Can they go to the PDA just like that or need emulators ???
maskin
Message#71
17.10.07, 17:39
MaskiN
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 634
Check in: 14.10.05
HP iPAQ h2210

This topic has been raised more than once.
PC programs (if they mean Windows applications) do not go to PDAs and there are no such emulators;
If they mean programs under DOS, there are emulators - PocketDOS and DOSBox.
sturmovik
Message#72
17.10.07, 18:29
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1863
Check in: 13.02.06
Huawei Mate 20 lite SNE-LX1

maskin 10/17/07 5:39:21 PM
... do not go to the PDA and there are no such emulators ...

Drain counted ...

Emulators exist - unfinished WOW86, you can try to get Windows 3.x with support for 32 bit applications, .NET applications in general can start without adaptations. In short, some applications can be started, but mostly simple. You cannot get multi-library monsters like SAPRs. Well, for fans of the great Onan - win98 you with a barrel in the teeth at extremely low speeds.
zavros
Message#73
26.10.07, 17:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 139
Check in: 29.04.07
Apple iPhone SE

Please give the Dos PPCDos emulator manual
soulhanter
Message#74
26.10.07, 19:44
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 13.11.06
Qtek S200

zavros
And what is this topic:
Dosbox PPCI do not like?
qqqq1
Message#75
04.11.07, 07:13
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 824
Check in: 26.07.07
Oneplus 3

Is there a PSP emulator on a PDA?

--------------------
The tablet

Ritmix download

Rdm-1075 (Stoke) (OS 4.0.4) rooted

SmartphoneOneplus 3 A3000OS7.1.1 OxygenOS 4.1.5 rooted
rendor
Message#76
04.11.07, 12:17
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 946

sxsx
Message#77
05.11.07, 16:57
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 15
Check in: 13.02.07

Guys, this is all okay. And I have some kind of nonsense going on! I have 2 Siemens SX56 (Qtek1010) machines - you can say a rarity, it has 200mz percent and 32 RAM, and I-mate Jam (Qtek S100) percent in it .-416mz and 64-RAM. So, the SiemensSx56 is 3 times faster than the I-mate on the Segovsky emulator !!! Of course, there is also small sip music for a few microseconds behind the action on the screen, but you still play like a full-fledged Sege! And at 416m-c. Everything hangs the best music at all, the pocket itself is not clean with programs, and the old one there and the RAM remains 12 meters free. What is the matter who will answer!?
Stalker-Kostyan
Message#78
15.11.07, 22:46
flooding reactor
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 343
Check in: 03.09.07
Asus p535

ALL, ALL, ALL!
Emu gamers in particular. In the bookshop I created a section where links to emulation and games (!) Magazines are laid out:Magazines about consoles, emulators and games for them
legion2006
Message#79
26.11.07, 00:14
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 28
Check in: 29.09.07

If you install on the cab file with the game and add the same game in sis or jar format, is it possible to skantachit them on bluetooth?
or tell me a good emulator over jar. and then the Qtek S110 is a very bad emulsion ...
DIMQN
Message#80
01.12.07, 19:56
Local
[offline]

Messages 202
Check in: 25.05.07
HTC EVO 3D

If you install on the cab file with the game and add the same game in sis or jar format, is it possible to skantachit them on bluetooth?

NOT

Tell me a good emulator over jar. and then the Qtek S110 is a very bad emulsion ...

We readhere
keks-n
Message#81
01.12.07, 21:30
Cupcake allsavagemessiahzine.com
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 754
Check in: 26.06.07
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox C550

If the game is cross-platform and supports the game on bluetooth, then you can drive on the network. But there are practically no such games.

--------------------
"USER - Dieses Wort benutzen Computerprofis, wenn sie eigentlich 'Idiot' meinen"
(c) Textbook of German "Zeit für Deutsch"

9 pagesV  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

mobile version    Now: 13.06.19, 14:13