Pebble - Discussion | Smart watches, 1.26, 144x168, Pebble OS
PEBBLE display issues
Immediately after purchase (up to a month)
Fatal watch replacement (Regular) [ 31 ] ** [2,34%]
Trifles occasionally (Regular) [ 114 ] ** [8,61%]
No (Regular) [ 652 ] ** [49,24%]
Little Things (Steel) [ 49 ] ** [3,7%]
No (Steel) [ 409 ] ** [30,89%]
Fatal watch replacement (Steel) [ 25 ] ** [1,89%]
Until six months ...
No (Regular) [ 470 ] ** [35,5%]
Trifles occasionally (Regular) [ 160 ] ** [12,08%]
Fatal watch replacement (Regular) [ 47 ] ** [3,55%]
I don't know yet :) [ 197 ] ** [14,88%]
No (Steel) [ 309 ] ** [23,34%]
Little Things (Steel) [ 73 ] ** [5,51%]
Fatal watch replacement (Steel) [ 23 ] ** [1,74%]
Half a year
Fatal watch replacement (Regular) [ 109 ] ** [8,23%]
I don't know yet :) [ 369 ] ** [27,87%]
No (Steel) [ 216 ] ** [16,31%]
Little Things (Steel) [ 101 ] ** [7,63%]
Fatal watch replacement (Steel) [ 40 ] ** [3,02%]
No (Regular) [ 318 ] ** [24,02%]
Trifles occasionally (Regular) [ 125 ] ** [9,44%]
Have other problems
With a strap (leather - steel) [ 81 ] ** [6,12%]
Too scratch (regular) [ 223 ] ** [16,84%]
I have no problems [ 738 ] ** [55,74%]
Failures not related to screen artifacts (regular) [ 79 ] ** [5,97%]
With a strap (metal - steel) [ 30 ] ** [2,27%]
Pebble Regular Strap [ 125 ] ** [9,44%]
Too scratched (steel) [ 59 ] ** [4,46%]
Failures not related to screen artifacts (steel) [ 58 ] ** [4,38%]
Total votes: 1324

Rep: (2086)
Smart watchPebble - Discussion
Pebble
Official site | Pebble пїЅ | Pebble time пїЅ | Pebble 2 пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Officer attachment пїЅ
Attached Image

• Before asking a question, look Pebble FAQ in the topic header . Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • Discussion of the addition and intermediaries - a cruel offtopic, for this is the topic BUY.

Characteristics and device description
Pebble is a new unique watch, clearly reflecting the development trends of modern high technology. Pebble watch is a compact wrist watch with an E-Link screen that can be connected to a smartphone and receive information from it. Pebble connects to iPhone and Android smartphones using Bluetooth, alerting you to incoming calls, emails and messages using silent vibration. When designing Pebble, developers sought to create a minimalistic and stylish product that fits easily into everyday life.
  • Monochrome, with switchable backlighting, Sharp Memory LCD screen (for some reason called "E-ink") with a resolution of 144x168 and about 20,000 pixels
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and 4.0
  • 4 keys and vibration motor
  • more than 7 days of battery life and charging from USB
  • triaxial accelerometer with gesture recognition
  • magritometr
  • availability of SDK and the ability to wirelessly download applications from the Pebble store
  • possibility to dive to a depth of 50 m

[*] the ability to run applications in the background, which allows you to use the clock as a permanent activity tracker (only ONE background application can be active) [/ list]
[*] advanced work with notifications with support for WEAR actions (Android 4.0+)

Attention!Full operation with support for all functions requires Android 4.0+ / iOS 7.1+

Additional Information

Pebble can change instantly thanks to the excellent, well readable display on the e-paper technology. We have already developed tons of options for the interface and new ones appear every day. Choose your favorite interface using the Pebble app for iPhone or Android. And during the day, you can change the face, depending on the need and mood.

If you need to stay always in touch, Pebble will help you with vibration notifications about events, messages and alarms. Cancel the notification by shaking your hand.

Notifications:
Incoming calls
Email (Gmail or any IMAP email account)
Calendar events
Facebook Posts
Twitter
Weather
Alarm clock and timer
SMS
... in the latest versions - any notifications from any applications that support WEAR actions.
Attention! Full operation with support for all functions requires Android 4.0+ / iOS 7.1+

After synchronizing Pebble with your smartphone, you set up the possibility of notifications received on the watch through a special application. A huge number of additional programs expands the standard features of the watch and adds new ones. You can set an alert for incoming calls, text messages, e-mai, messages from Facebook and calendar events. When a notification is received, the clock vibrates, turns on the backlight for a few seconds and displays the information on the screen. The developers are currently working on some amazing applications for Pebble. Cyclists can easily use Pebble using GPS access on a smartphone, Pebble will display speed, distance and ride speed. Runners will receive a similar set of data displayed on the wrist. Use the app to control the playback of music on your device: pause or switch a song with one click.
Reviews:
YouTube Review:1, 2and3 (iphone interaction shown)
Video reviews -Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android - Discussion (Post # 22775796)
Why you need a smartwatch: ten options for using Pebble. Overview from SW.Brada : Part 1

Pebble FAQ. Be sure to read before asking a question on the forum (!)

Useful links and instructions
TASKER - solutions for Pebble | Updated 2014-03-30
Have you written or found a successful tasker script for Pebble? Feel free to share!

Calling the smartphone from the clock
Receive notification of the battery level of the smartphone
Turning on the protection of the smartphone when the clock is turned off and removed when connected to the clock

Video ideas from the SW.Brada :
Part 1 - Pebble + AutoVoice
Part 2 - Pebble + AutoLocation
Part 3 - SMS response to a rejected call(integration with Pebble Dialer), with instructions (full "lesson"). Additionalcomments on the video here

Big tutorial by AutoPebblefrom uv Brada:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 (notifier) , with additions

Video tutorials from the author AutoPebble Joe Diaz:hereandhere

Talk Tasker -in the profile topic

Polls archive
What notifier do you use?
Attached Image

PEBBLE functionality
Attached Image

How to switch to Rebble.io services

On Android 9.0, it does not show the name of the caller.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 27.05.19, 19:30
Reason for editing: Backup Pebble Store

Yesterday at CES 2013, the Pebble watch development team, who received usingcrowdfundingmore than 10 million dollars to develop their device, for the first time publicly showed their offspring and announced the start of sending the first industrial copies to their backers on January 23. Production of 15 thousand copies per week has been arranged, so during January-February, watches will be shipped to all participants of the crowdfunding (almost 69 thousand people) and then the watches will go on sale through the websitehttp://getpebble.com/(Pre-order is currently open).

A source:

Pebble also showed off for the first time today. If you want to watch your phone, you can use it. Pebble’s 5ATM water resistance rating. Dishwashers or swimming.

This has been the case since the project has been announced. The Pebble Team claims you can’t have your smartphone’s battery by 5–10% every day.

Since Pebble is not running on Android, it’s extremely light and fluid. Switching between watch faces, or controlling your phone, or you can use it. Facebook notifications is extremely snappy.

It takes 2–3 weeks.

Rep: (0)
Analogue already sold sony smartwatch, on the functional.

Or are there any more critical differences?

Or are there any more critical differences?

I think that the main difference is the e-paper screen with a huge number of skins, waterproof (5ATM) and work up to 7 days from one charge

Post has been editedKot - 12.01.13, 10:24

Good review fromengadget.com

Appeared on the marketprog

And no one met the real reviews from these happy owners of devices?
It is very interesting if they have an alarm clock (with vibration) and how they behave in life (battery consumption, performance, etc.)
If someone met this information, please share the link))

Rep: (73)
Idimmu performance?))) Fst, payment by transfer to the card

Well, I mean, are there any lags in the work of the clock? And recently, it has become increasingly appear so-called SmartWatch'ey, which show time with lags))

And no one met the real reviews from these happy owners of devices?
It is very interesting if they have an alarm clock (with vibration) and how they behave in life (battery consumption, performance, etc.)
If someone met this information, please share the link))

Well, maybe the first more or less yuzerskyoverview

This is already interesting! They look, of course, not a fountain, but longevity and the ability to download micro applications on them (in the future), it pleases.
But, damn, I wonder if they have an alarm clock that can be vibrated?

But, damn, I wonder if they have an alarm clock that can be vibrated?

From the cap:

If you need to stay always in touch, Pebble will help you with vibration notifications about events, messages and alarms. Cancel the notification by shaking your hand.

I read somewhere that the e-paper display is not the same thing as e-ink displays.
How do I understand the difference only in the refresh rate of the screen or are there any other differences?

Rep: (30)
The headset turned out much better than the Sony SmartWatch! we will wait and hope.

Post has been editedShady885 - 03.02.13, 13:51

Shady885 @ 02/03/2013 10:47*
The headset turned out much better than the Sony SmartWatch! we will wait and hope.

and justify the thesis?

Some complaints are beginning to arise.on glass durabilitybut to be honest, the impression was that they dragged along the asphalt. But this is still a clock, they are not intended for such an attitude.

Here is anotherlive review

Post has been editedKot - 06.02.13, 10:03

And nowTasker earned with the clock :)

Rep: (5)
I was very interested: for example, I have a Note II in my inner pocket, I ride a bicycle, and here is the notice or I need to see how much time. He as a speedometer can work judging by the picture. It turns out with the purchase of individual watches and a speedometer separately, you can wait.

[attachment = 2560541: images [1]

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (176)
My e-ink book freezes at -5 ...- 10РЎ for 5-10 minutes, first the screen starts to slow down and disappear, then the battery freezes and everything has to be charged. Interesting how about this?

My e-ink book freezes at -5 ...- 10РЎ for 5-10 minutes, first the screen starts to slow down and disappear, then the battery freezes and everything has to be charged. Interesting how about this?

I think that the watch is worn on the hand, which in the winter is mainly in the sleeve, and even not in one + is often covered with a glove or a mitten :)

Rep: (73)
farukh_j, Neneen - the speed is measured by the body through the RPS, and only the result is sent to the clock on the bezel

Rep: (13)
"The company is increasing production gradually, although it says that it has already delivered about 15 thousand units and accepted orders for another 85 thousand."
http://inoblogger.ru/2013/03/01/chasy-s-te...j-obzor-pebble/

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/07/19, 09:38