ASUS VivoTab Smart - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8 / 10.1 '' / Intel Atom Z2760 / 2GB RAM

Rep: (12)
Discussion ASUS VivoTab Smart
Intel® Atom ™ Z2760 Dual-core CPU | Windows 8 | 10.1 ”IPS | NFC
Description | Software for Windows, under the touch screen пїЅ | Games for tablets on the Intel Atom Z2760 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8 and 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Change OS пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Accessories

Attached Image

- On this tablet it is impossible to install neither an android, nor ubuntu, nor any other OS of the * nix family. Windows XP also can not be installed, Windows 7 is installed, but the touchscreen does not work. In all cases, the reason is the same - no drivers.
- Anyone with whom the touchscreen sometimes stops working - attention - the reasons for this pandemic have not yet been clarified. Someone thinks that a software error, someone - a hardware one. Do not zafluzhivat topic endless questions "how to cure it?!?!?"

Description / characteristics / photo
Asus VivoTab Smart is a light and thin tablet computer with Windows 8 operating system, 10.1-inch screen and 64GB internal memory. The device has a thin body made of Soft-Touch plastic and a modest weight. Available in two versions, with a 3G \ LTE modem and without it.
Device characteristics
OS Windows 8
CPU:
- Intel Atom Z2760
Graphic accelerator: Dual Core CPU @ 1.8GHz
- PowerVR SGX 545
Memory:
- Operational (RAM) 2 GB
- Built-in (ROM) 32/64 GB
Screen:
- 10.1 inches
- IPS + display
- 1366 x 768 px
Dimensions:
- 9.7 171265.5 mm
Weight:
- 580 gr
Interface:
- Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n
- Bluetooth v. 4.0
Camera:
- Frontal - 2 MP
- Rear - 8 mp / LED flash / autofocus F / 2.2, Full HD 1080p video recording
Audio:
Stereo Speakers - SonicMaster
Sensors:
- Orientation and light sensors
- Electronic compass
- Gyro
- NFS chip
Battery life:
-about 9.5 hours
The official description of the device on asus.com
Docking Station / TranSleeve Module

VivoTab Smart differs from numerous tablet computers - it is an opportunity to turn into a laptop thanks to the optional wireless keyboard called TranSleeve. It is a full keyboard, on which there is a touchpad like a regular laptop, and which can be connected to the tablet. This optional device can be used for its intended purpose or as protection.
More photos
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Device reviews
Drivers
useful links
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
    1. It is difficult to get on the classic desktop on small buttons.
    Solution - Installing a Mouse Emulator

2. Need an alternative keyboard.
    Solution - Installing Hot Virtual Keyboard
    Link.The keyboard with a lot of settings, going for any task for every taste.

3. How to reset the device to factory settings?
    Decision

4. How to increase the volume of the standard speakers?
    Solution, installation of a software audio amplifier

5. After upgrading to 8.1, an error LogiLDA.dll gets out.
    Solution - Registry Editing

6. How to connect to the tablet at the same time charging and USB-device?
    Solution - buy Y-OTG adapter

7. Why is my favorite external hard drive or other USB device not working with the tablet?
    The reason is a lack of nutrition. Possible solutions:
    Micro-USB port of the tablet works according to the specifications of USB 2.0. The maximum current consumption of the device should be no more than 0.5A.
    Operation of devices with high current consumption is possible using a USB hub with additional power from the outlet.
    One of the possible options for a USB hub

8. Why, when connected to a USB 3G modem tablet, does the tablet spontaneously turn off after some time?
    Decision
    The reason is similar to paragraph 7. Possible solutions are the same.

9. My tablet is not charging, why? Broke \ lost normal charging, what to do?
    Possible solutions
    Charging the tablet requires a power adapter with an output voltage of 5V and a charging current of 2A (for charging the included tablet) or a charging current of at least 1A (for charging the switched-off tablet). If you press the battery when charging is connected, the message "Connected. Not charging." Appears. try another usb cable. The reason why the tablet does not charge from all cables is not clear. Thin and cheap Chinese cables work best.

10. Can I put Windows 8 on my x64 tablet? Is it possible to install Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux?
    Decision
    Installing a 64-bit OS on the tablet is not possible.
    Proof
    Installing Windows 7 is possible, Windows XP and Linux is impossible, due to the lack of drivers for the chipset.
    Additional info on the impossibility of installing Ubuntu.

11. Is it possible to connect the tablet to a computer via USB?
    Decision
    A full-fledged Windows 8 desktop is installed on the tablet. Connecting to a desktop computer via USB is impossible in the same way as tablets \ Android \ iOS phones.
    To connect the tablet with a computer, you can use specialized software and a special cable.
    Link to a discussion on the IXBT forum

12. I want a stylus. What stylus does the tablet work with?
    Decision
    The tablet has a standard capacitive Touch-screen. Thus, only styluses for such a screen are supported. Looks like a pen with a rubber blotch on the end, or with a metal beak. Thin spout styli for Wacom screens do NOT WORK with our tablet.
    Possible option of the stylus for our device

13. How to completely remove unused Metro-applications?
    Decision

14. How to enter the BIOS?
    Decision
    Turn off the tablet. Hold down the "reduce volume" and at the same time hold down the power key. The boot menu appears.
    Navigating through BIOS - switching tabs with the "increase volume" key, selecting an option with the "decrease volume" key, confirming the selection of an option with the touch key "Win".

15. How to reinstall Windows 8 (8.1) on the tablet cleanly, retaining the original product key?
    Decision

16. Why can not I create a bootable USB flash drive?
    Decision
    maybe Some flash drives are incompatible with UEFI, or do not support booting from them.
    thankyugoriv

17. How to make \ deploy on the tablet backup of the native system?
    Possible Solution

Games for tablets based on Intel Atom Z2760
Torchlight 2

World of Warcraft: MOP

In full screen.
After some manipulations with the registry is played on the whole screen. We write in the Start "regedit", there we go along the chain HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Blizzard Entertainer>Warcraft III>Video
And we change 2 parameters reswidth (1028) and resheight (768), for the resolution we need. 1344x768
[/ b]

GTA San Andreas

Plays two toys at the same time :)

Torchlight

League of Legends

Bastion

Flatout

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.

Heroes 5, WOT, Birds

Patch for Heroes in full screen

Heroes 3 full screen, immediately with a built-in HD mod.

DOOM 3

Information for those who broke the tablet screen
Disassembly of tablets, guides with pictures

For questions about the caps, contact the Curator of the topic. Genabeton

Post has been editedstp101 - 24.05.18, 17:02
Reason for editing: New header. AndrewP_one rule cap

Rep: (1)
As for the keyboard, I am more inclined to the fact that it is not included in the package of delivery.

Rep: (3)
It turns out that at the link below the Windows version is Korean and they indicate this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-ATIV-Smart...=item4170184d77

And now there is a professional version and there is Russian

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-MINT-Samsung-...330819199872%26

The models are different but we don’t know which one we bought at the airport.

Therefore, it is not clear whether we have the Russian language or not. I tend to have to buy an extended package

Rep: (4)
Yes, the device is worthy of attention. Especially considering the weight, size and of course the PRICE! (Samsung is heavy and expensive: yes2 :). But I can’t understand where his speakers are located? Front or back - in the video - not to be seen! What is the essence of the issue, yes, as I can see, I have two planets, so in Samsung there are speakers in front and this is very good, it's more pleasant to watch movies. On the Huawei - behind and the perception of sound - is something else - not natural, which at times is already enraging} -).

Artur-rr,
Congratulations on your purchase, waiting for feedback.

P.S. but nobody wants to carry Ukraine to Europe from Europe} -), or am I mistaken? : blush:

Rep: (56)
It seems that the same computeruniverse.ru carries.

burjui88,
I called mykrasoft they said that only 8 professional wines are Russian, others need to buy an extension of 5 000 rub.

But isn’t it easier then, if religion does not allow to install broken Windows, just buy it? For 1097 in the Yandex market is.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 28.01.13, 20:40
Reason for editing: combined.

As I understand it, windows 8 is monolingual. When expanding to the Windows Pro version, you can download additional language packs (including Russian-language ones).

I read a little neighboring branch on a samsung tablet on a similar hardware with windows 8. The following turned out:
1. Basic windows 8 does not allow to download a language pack. Solution:
Run cmd (Command Prompt) from the Administrator (right-click in the lower left corner of the screen)
Enter there lpksetup
In the window that appears, select the first item - "Install display languages"
In the next window, specify the path - Browse to the LP package. It must be unpacked before the .cab extension
Go to the Control panel - Language and select Russian and put Russian first.
Go to Control Panel - Regional standards and in all tabs: Formats, Location and Advanced - Current language of programs that do not support Unicode (below), select Russian.
Reboot

To Russify the welcome screen:
Go to Control Panel - Language - Advanced Settings - Overriding the Windows Interface Language. Select Russian under the bird and click below - Apply language settings to the welcome screen ...
In the window that opens, at the top, click "Copy settings ..."
In the new window that opens below put a bird "Welcome screen and system accounts."

2. When expanding to windows pro version, you can download language packs.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 01.02.13, 20:25
Reason for editing: combined.

Rep: (3)
Listen and is there a memory card slot in it?

There is.

Rep: (0)
So what's with the Russian language? In a simple figure eight? We need a tablet as an alternative to ayos and androids, so that without glitches, etc. Who is the user of this device, please respond.

Previously, about the Russian, I already wrote a post above. As the device arrives, I will check everything and unsubscribe. :)

Rep: (51)
This tablet has NO USB, even micro through an adapter !!! Be sure to buy Claudia. Well, why is this happiness? Acer wins on all counts.

psy001, Do not mislead people! : acute: MicroUSB on the tablet case is.
TTH:http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile/ASUS_Viv...#specifications

But I wanted the topic to be more correct.
The link to the Russian website of Asus leads to another tablet model, that is, a more expensive and more 11.6 ".
On the Russian of the asus site there is no page on the 10.1 "tablet.
And where did you get the GPS from ?!

Here are the real specificationshttp://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile/ASUS_Viv...#specificationsand a big request, do not mislead people.

By localization.

If someone cannot understand that Start is the START button, and Welkam is a greeting, it seems to me that it is better for such people not to buy devices made for countries other than Russia: D
There will be support for the Cyrillic alphabet in the keyboard layout!

If anyone needs a device cheaper than CU CU, write in a personal

Post has been editedMrStas72 - 01.02.13, 21:08

Rep: (12)
MrStas72, at the time of the creation of the topic, no one really had any information on Smart. Often, even instead of the characteristics of Smart, they wrote characteristics from RT. I just edited the header today, added more information, got rid of outdated data - added off. Characteristics from asus.com. Thanks for the signal anyway :)

Opening hours, from off site USA:

Battery
9.5 hours; 25Wh Li-polymer Battery * 2

* 2: Battery life tested by playing 720p video playback, brightness 100 nits, default volume with headphones, Wi-Fi associated.

http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile/ASUS_Viv...#specifications

FAK about localization:

How can I add a new input method in Windows 8?

Solution

1. Press setting>>change PC settings>>General>>Language preferences.
2. Press Options of English (United States)>>Add an input method.
3. Choose an input method and press Add.
4. Save the settings.

About interface localization:

How can I download ”Japanese Language Kit” in Windows 8?

Solution

1. Press setting>>change PC settings>>General>>Language preferences.
2. Press ”Add a language”, choose Japanese and press Add.
3. Make sure Japanese is added and press options.
4. Press ”Download and install language pack”
5. Wait for the downloading and installing process completely.

Post has been editedMrStas72 - 01.02.13, 21:39

Rep: (266)
MrStas72, this method only works on W8 Pro, it was written above

Vlad_Aero @ 02/01/2013, 10:40 PM*
MrStas72, this method only works on W8 Pro, it was written above

Are you telling me this? I do not write, I am a reader:
http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile/ASUS_Viv...9D-FEB2AE43B865- be kind and you, read the opinion of the manufacturer: rofl:

Rep: (9)
I also thought about this tablet. But until I found out that the keyboard does not physically connect to it, forming a laptop (how can this be done on the W510, ATIV, etc.), it just fits into the case. Moreover, if you do not connect a smart carpet to the tablet, then the screen with the keyboard will not stay. Not to mention the impossibility of adjusting the angle of the display relative to the keyboard.

It is annoying that Asus intentionally introduced a jamb with a keyboard into this model that would promote its other projects on the same hardware with a 2 times higher price.

Rep: (4)
This tablet will be in demand among those who need a physical keyboard (fastening - detaching). For them (as for me) the main thing: size, weight, price! if with us it will cost $ 500, when the market is full, I will NOT pay $ 600_700 for a hot new product;).
P.S. I really like my Huawei MP 10 FHD, everything is fine - except for android OS, well, this is personally my miscalculation. : rolleyes:

Rep: (266)
UARus, So I think too - to take Smart or not? My current Acer Iconia W500 suits me too. Yes, and there is still a reserve of power .... (10-bit 720p video still pulls)

Rep: (51)
More concerned about the lack of clave and cover in retail. And another rather strange implementation of the installation of these accessories: first you fasten the keyboard on the magnets, then at the back you bridge the folding cover as a stand, which is also on the magnets. Somehow everything is done in one place. If there was a leg on the back like on Surfik. then it would be good. And so most likely there will be too many movements. I'm starting to lean towards Envy X2. Acer analog W510, but the assembly is steeper but the price is higher.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 1:28 PM