> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

185 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> DNS S4501 - Discussion | Smartphone, 4.5 "
ZLoBNbIY
Message#1
08.01.13, 18:17
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 428
Check in: 29.12.08

Discussion DNS S4501 / S4501M
PictureDNS S4501 / S4501M
Description | Discussion
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Main
Mini FAQ on the machine.Problems, bugs and fixes
Alternative way to enter boot mode
Solving the problem with MMS on Beeline.
Service codes
So that smart does not slow down at 720p
USB-OTG is not supported by our device, therefore, it is not possible to connect various USB devices.
Solving the battery problem [
You can access the recovery from a switched off phone by simultaneously holding the Power button and the Volume Up button
Entrance to the engineering menu:

*#*#3646633#*#* download

Repair IMEI
SIM setting for incoming call priority
Who is not satisfied with the standard Dialer (Dialer), Contacts, Call List and Call Screen - all this can be fixed with programs fromof this section.
How to make a screenshot
Configure GPS on MTK devices
Making the GPS work
GPS calibration without A-GPS and EPO
Errors when working with the program SP Flash Tool

Reviews and reviews on the device
Drivers and Utilities
Instructions and Manuals
Pro warranty
Instructions for installing drivers for firmware
FlashTool firmware manual
Installation 4.1.2. via FlashTool (current instruction)
CWM Recovery Firmware Order

Instructions for installing firmware via TWRP Recovery
To install firmware via TWR, you need:
1. Download the firmware zip file.
2. Copy the zip file to the memory card (without unpacking).
3. Boot into recovery mode (Long hold on the Power button + volume up keys).
4. Press the keyVolume +select the top item, then the keyVolume-confirm the selection.
5. Select Wipe, then Advanced, then all items except emmc and SD Card.
6. Select Install, then select the firmware zip file and swipe to Confirm Flash.
7. Reboot after firmware (reboot will take longer than usual)

How to disable recommended applications in LewaOS
How to charge the phone faster
Wake the device with a button"Camera"
Enabling the search for t9 in the MIUI dialer starting with version"3.9.27"
Solving communication problems fromshishkin63

Firmware for DNS S4501 and DNS S4501M are compatible !!!
CAREFULLY READ MANUALS BEFORE THE FLASH, THIS WILL SAVE YOU NERVES, AND THE COMMUNITY TIME !!!
About when there will be this or that firmware
There are no other firmwares on our device, except those indicated in the header (including CyanogenMod), only if you port, do it and put it in the subject.
An important addition before you are going to flash your device --->TO READ!!!
Solution for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on devices 3 revisions!

Firmware
Root and install recovery
Patches, tweaks, radio modules, etc.
miscellanea
Behind our phone is similar to the HTC One X, but the cover does not fit, due to the fact that our device is slightly smaller.
DNS answer about accessories
Cover on our device (not flip)
photo 4501 in a case from samsung i9260 galaxy priemier
Another case (flip)
And one more case (not flip)
Photo homemade cover (flip)
Another conditionally compatible flip

Marriage or what to look for when buying
Checking the wheelbarrowandstill
Volume control
Radio module
Check the availability of a spare cover to the phone. Must be.
Check the signal strength of the cellular network.

Repair and service

Decorations. Fashion Additions.
Translation of the engineering menu in Chinese
Factory mode
Complete test
Single test
Vibration test report
e MMC Clear eMMC = factory reset clear internal memory
Version Information
reboot - reboot

Single Test menu

Button
Touchscreen
Backlight level
e MMC
Memory Cards
SIM SIM card detection
Signal test
L D L E D lamps
Real-time clock
Loop
Receiver
Wave Wave Playback
Headphone
Accelerometer
Acceleration sensor calibration
Light sensor proximity sensor
Main camera
Sub camera
GPS GPS positioning
FM M Radio
Bluetooth
Wi - Fi
Batteries and Charging
Busy rainstorm current?

Wi - Fi menu

Test

Test failed
Retest

Status Online Timeout (yellow)

Test point
Sound setting
Corrected the sound of the microphone; conversational dynamics and media dynamics.
We dial the code in the dialing number: * # * # 3646633 # * # *

"EngineerMode" opens
Find the menu "Hardware Testing"
Go to the "Audio"
Then in "Normal Mode"
Next are the items we select in the first any "FIR 0-5"
And then adjust the volume levels in the "Type"
And do not forget to confirm the button "Set"

Media (Media Speaker)
Level 0 - 95
Level 1 - 100
Level 2 - 110
Level 3 - 120
Level 4 - 160
Level 5 - 140
Level 6 - 150

Sph (Speaker)
Level 0 - 70
Level 1 - 90
Level 2 - 110
Level 3 - 115
Level 4 - 130
Level 5 - 145
Level 6 - 160

Mic (Microphone)
Level 0 - 255
Level 1 - 195
Level 2 - 185
Level 3 - 180
Level 4 - 200
Level 5 - 208
Level 6 - 170

And by the way, linear reproducibility has become richer. And I also advise you to install (Beats Audio) for the appearance of soft and straight bass in your animal. I helped;)

Porom energy-saving advice from a friendly forum
The cellular communication system is designed so that the mobile phone is constantly looking for the “best option” - it continuously scans the radio, finds cellular communication stations (“towers”), communicates with them, analyzes the signal strength of each station, and switches to the station with the best parameters. A regular GSM phone can operate on 4 radio frequencies, collected in two pairs: "900MHz + 1800MHz" and "850MHz + 1900MHz". The first pair is allowed for use in Europe (including Russia), the second pair is used for example in America. With the default settings, the GSM phone constantly scans all 4 radio frequencies in search of a signal from cellular stations. But for example in Russia at frequencies "850MHz + 1900MHz" there is no cellular radio signal (they are used / reserved for other purposes), and precious electric energy is literally wasted in analyzing these frequencies.
In many phones (including Android), there are ways to call the so-called "Engineering menu" - a program that allows you to change the hardware settings of the phone. In this menu, you can disable the work of the radio module of a smartphone with frequencies that are not used in the country of its location. For Russia, this is a pair of frequencies "850MHz + 1900MHz".
Using Mobileuncle MTK Tools v2.9.5 ru, open the "Engineering mode" - "Engineering menu (MTK)" menu appears on a black background, find and select "BandMode", there will be a menu with one item "SIM1" (for one-SIM -accurate phones), or with two points "SIM1" and "SIM2" (for two-SIM-full-time phones). You need to enter each item, and remove the check marks from the items "GSM850" and "PCS1900", then press the "SET" button.
For phones with UMTS (3G) support, it is also recommended to turn off the “WCDMA-800”, “WCDMA-CLR-850”, “WCDMA-PCS-1900” points that are not used in Russia, also remembering to press the “SET” button.
And if you do not use the UMTS (3G) mode (in this slot there is a GSM SIM card), you can disable all the “WCDMA- *” items, leaving “WCDMA-IMT-2000” as the most economical in terms of power consumption (completely disable all the checkboxes The phone does not allow, at least for me - just like that). So go to the item "RAT Mode" ->"SIM1", and switch the radio "Set preferred network type:" to the "GSM Only" mode. Link to the original topichttp: //forum.china-iph…t1122894.html#p1122894
Attached Image

useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 26.05.18, 09:16
Reason for editing: Removed broken link
Unicalbro
Message#2
18.12.12, 13:41
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 24
Check in: 03.12.12

Previous polls (the newer, the higher
Attached Image

Post has been editedevilgoodd - 13.10.13, 19:26
Vinoprob
Message#3
21.12.12, 22:56
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 120
Check in: 23.11.12
Prestigio MultiPhone 5504 DUO

Parnathev @ 12/21/2012, 5:04 PM*
People create somebody a separate branch on DNS S4501 !!!!!!

It seems to me that the branch on the DNS S4501 will discuss only a weak battery. Everything else up to the root will be on this thread. But this is my personal opinion, after studying these gadgets. My opinion may be wrong. : yes2:
TVX36
Message#4
22.12.12, 14:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 342
Check in: 01.03.09
Honor 8 FRD-L09

erroneously went to the store, I liked the design of the screen ... the camera didn’t really change the flash became 30 percent brighter and of course the menu flies faster ... the logo changed ... when the background image was loaded, dns ... and in the menu ikontsy changed .....
roden-ru
Message#5
27.12.12, 13:14
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 426
Check in: 03.12.07
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

Parnathev @ 12/21/2012, 2:04 PM*
People create somebody a separate branch on DNS S4501 !!!!!!

I would not refuse a separate branch on DNS S4501 either. I have this in use. Because of him, his Philips xenium has been left on the abandoned shelf for 2 weeks. Apparatus like.

Pros:
- good GSM reception. The network does not disappear, everything is clear. In the basement cafe keeps communication.
- nice looking smoothness in the work when navigating through the menu, invoking applications.
- did not zaglyuchil never.
- large, juicy screen. Very sensitive. In the cold is not buggy.
- The battery pulls for 2 days (when 3G is not needed, GPS is turned off). In the same mode, Phillips Xenium 632 has the same 2 days for me.
- the automatic adjustment of the screen backlight is well and precisely tuned, it does not strain your eyes.
- good performance (just clicked on the application icon and after a moment it started)
- camera, speakers, microphone - all at a decent level.
- the device is thin (about 9 mm.) and lightweight, so it is convenient to carry it in your jacket pocket.
- Instant search for contacts (I have about 2000 of them, some with photos), etc. as in an iPhone. You wait for nothing for a split second - the desired contact appears instantly.
- the device is good for:
1. view information from web pages, documents
2. reading books, watching videos
3. convenient for games.
- android version 4.0.4
- on and off Scheduled
- assembly is good. No squeaks. I dropped the device from 0.5 meter to the landing - nothing happened to it. The back cover is thin, but fastens very securely. When falling does not fly away.
- charges in 4 hours and 20 minutes.
- because in its dimensions, it is 4.5 inches, then the lower part of the device (where the microphone is) falls particularly close to the mouth. The interlocutors note the good intelligibility of the voice in noisy places (at least they somehow did not believe that I was at a rush hour at the bus stop near the noisy road - they thought that I was at home in a room, not outside). Perhaps this is the work of noise, but not sure.

Minuses:
- there is no illumination of the lower touch buttons (not annoying, because intuitively poking into that area you will not go wrong with the button anyway, their approximate location is easily remembered)
- the device due to the 4.5 inch display is sharpened for two-handed use. Working with the phone with one hand is not always convenient. In a bus driven by people, in places where the talk is over, I don’t even try to keep myself busy reading news, twitter, etc. with the DNS S4501.
- if the Internet is turned on and data is being transmitted in the EDGE zone, the SIM card with which the Internet is going will be unavailable for incoming calls.
- the back cover is smooth, as if specially created for sliding along the cover of the case, trouser pockets, etc., therefore you are intuitive with DNS S4501 when you take it out and take it out. When keeping reflexes at the level, I grab in the middle in order to keep it stronger.

Something like this.
waxdoctor
Message#6
28.12.12, 01:25
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 01.01.11

I choose between dns 4501 and fly 441 even I can not decide in any way. screen cover glass or plastic?
TVX36
Message#7
28.12.12, 08:40
Local
[offline]

Messages 342
Check in: 01.03.09
Honor 8 FRD-L09

501 plastic judging by the data, the fly flies over the dns ... if Akum is satisfied take it without thinking dns
roden-ru
Message#8
03.01.13, 10:28
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 426
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

I passed with Phillips 632, it is heavy and fat - tired, changed to DNS 4501, then I will not get it. In winter, with a thick machine, you can walk, about summer comes and you can’t put it in your pocket anymore .. A thick, long-playing device is needed only for cases
type of business trip, field exit, etc. for the city there is no sense.
Kakachi
Message#9
08.01.13, 18:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 181
Check in: 16.06.12

spoiler name
Feature / Photo

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedKakachi - 08.01.13, 18:24
nikitka94
Message#10
11.01.13, 05:07
User
[offline]

Messages 92
Check in: 23.11.10
Sony Xperia ZR C5503

How are you doing with the battery? How much in the internet through 3zh is enough?
Kakachi
Message#11
12.01.13, 09:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 181

Make sure then go !!!
We take out the sim card (s) from the device, turn on go to the settings {} For the developers, install the USB Debugging bird.
We launch MTK Droid & Tools, we connect the device to the computer and observe the following: if the program sees your phone, then everything is fine, if not, we install the driver. How to install a driver, go to computer management / device manager / other devices and find Huawei Incorporated GSM Handset and right-click, select Update drivers. In the window that opens, select Search drivers on this computer and specify the path to the drivers folder. install anyway. Once you install the MTK Droid & Tools driver, it will see your device. Click the ROOT button, take the phone and click Recover data.
After a while, the phone will start to reboot and you will be asked to save the backup firmware.
Attention!!! We do not click yes until the phone is fully loaded.
The phone is fully loaded, we press and we have patience and wait for the end of the operation. As soon as the program makes a backup firmware, you will be asked to pack it into the archive for your business. Click on your choice.
Then we get ROOT if we need it. Click Yes if no. No (without Root, we will not be able to flash recovery) And so we still need ROOT rights and click YES. We wait a little and see in the window All ROOT Received. I do not know did not check they said both phones seem two users made the root of our device
golian
Message#12
12.01.13, 12:23
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Check in: 12.05.10
Oneplus 3T

roml
Message#13
12.01.13, 12:50
Novice
[offline]

Messages 38
Check in: 08.02.11
Lenovo K3 Note

I did not understand where to press to recover the data, when I click on root, it shows me --- error: failed on` / data / local / tmp`Permission denied

Post has been editedroml - 12.01.13, 12:55
roden-ru
Message#14
12.01.13, 15:02
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 426
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

How are you doing with the battery? How much in the internet through 3zh is enough?

The battery is very good - enough for a day. I looked through the sites continuously for 5 hours and after that he worked for about 12 hours in the standby mode and several calls. When I put on charging, there was still about 10% of the charge. At least I do not see any significant difference between Phillips Xenium in this moment. Philips is more tenacious when using GPS and when watching non-converted movies.

I note that I also put iPhone 4 on the shelf and I think to sell it. I'm now more comfortable with the large, beautiful and bright s4501 screen, the convenience, smoothness, android-free glitch. IPhone 4 is better only with a camera. But the difference in the price tag for these 2 devices is huge. And the camera s4501 is acceptable.

PS: by the way very well able to record telephone conversations. For this, from the market I have "Call Recording" (free version).

Post has been editedroden-ru - 12.01.13, 15:06
Kakachi
Message#15
12.01.13, 19:38
Local
[offline]

Messages 181

People tell me I want to play games, but I don’t know what kind of cache to download;
sierra88
Message#16
14.01.13, 02:19
Novice
[offline]

Messages 40
Check in: 25.10.12
DNS S4501

Kakachi
Message#17
14.01.13, 08:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 181

In short, I did not find our phone in the link. I found in the internet that you are working on a cotrex-a9 and support the arm7 architecture.
golian
Message#18
14.01.13, 08:56
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Check in: 12.05.10
Oneplus 3T

Tell me how much it will cost to replace only the touchscreen on this phone (only the glass is cracked) everything else works
Kakachi
Message#19
14.01.13, 20:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 181

The phone is satisfied but the day before yesterday the volume control stopped working and under the screen I noticed that it seemed as if it was blurry below today I gave it to the factory marriage .. before the call
roden-ru
Message#20
15.01.13, 09:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 426
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

Tell me how much it will cost to replace only the touchscreen on this phone (only the glass is cracked) everything else works

Give it to the repair in the DNS and do not worry. Tell me how it happened that the glass is cracked!

The phone is satisfied but the day before yesterday the volume control stopped working and under the screen I noticed that it seemed as if it was blurry below today I gave it to the factory marriage .. before the call

from the water?
Kakachi-07
Message#21
15.01.13, 22:14
Novice
[offline]

Messages 32
Check in: 10.02.12

It was not because of the water that he was the original. I was just in another city. I could not give it away right away. I didn’t even drop water.
DNS

185 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/18/19, 22:23