Ubuntu Touch - discussion | No emulators

Rep: (11)
Ubuntu Touch is available for the Nexus line of devices, and unofficially for many devices supported by the CyanogenMod community. See the profile topics for details.

System requirements:
Attached Image

Video
Screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image

FAQ

Post has been editedBlackfish - 21.10.13, 13:50
Reason for editing: faq

Rep: (24)
High-end Ubuntu "superphone" Quad-core A9 or Intel Atom - Hmm ... Interestingly, it means only these prots or these and identical?

Rep: (17)
In the course of cooperation Canonical and Motorola were not in vain ...
Interestingly, on the already existing smarts of the motors and the docks, this axis will actually be delivered? : blush:

Rep: (10)
it is more interesting to be able to execute applications for the robot or play with it.

darkgtbk @ 01/03/2013, 03:46*
High-end Ubuntu "superphone" Quad-core A9 or Intel Atom - Hmm ... Interestingly, it means only these prots or these and identical?

Identical must also pull

partofAndreykasimus @ 01/03/2013, 09:15*
it is more interesting to be able to execute applications for the robot or play with it.

Hardly, ubuntu has its own repository, from which applications and games will be downloaded (similar to Google Market)

Rep: (2)
Interestingly, and on the devices that go out now it will be possible to roll it?

higashi1 @ 01/03/2013, 11:31*
Interestingly, and on the devices that go out now it will be possible to roll it?

Samsung Galaxy Nexus will definitely be supported.

Rep: (20)
If the scales are laid out, then you can run anywhere. And without source only a beautiful image

Rep: (17)
I liked Motorola's variation more: Android for smartphone + Ubuntu for the docking station ... True, Motorola choked off, cutting Ubuntu’s capabilities, leaving only Firefox browser without installing additional software ... But this was a fixable issue ... Photon4G costs Android 2.3.5 and full Ubuntu 9.04 for dock ...
If Motorola had not refused to cooperate with Canonical and continued to develop in this direction - IT WOULD BE SUPER! : yes2:
Personally, I saw the future of Android in this! But alas ... With the upgrade to ICS, Motorola refused to cooperate with Canonical and made the Android tablet interface for the docking stations, and then refused to support the docks at all ... And this is sad IMHO ...: hysterics:

I would not give up on a smart card with 4 nuclear pebbles, 2 gigs of RAM running under JB and installed on the dock of Ubuntu 13.04 on board ...: rolleyes:

Eh dream dreams ... where are you going ... :-D :-D :-D

Post has been editedzom900 - 03.01.13, 13:06

Rep: (29)
me on my optimus 2x. Ubuntu need. me me me ...

Rep: (16)
Ubuntu Phone Presentation Translation

Post has been editedcasperckiy - 04.01.13, 20:02

Rep: (34)
And Linux games and heavy programs like openoffice will be able to run?
I understand that this is the usual Ubuntu, only with a different interface?

Sm1GhT @ 01/05/2013, 14:11*
And Linux games and heavy programs like openoffice will be able to run?

If the device parameters allow, then most likely yes

Sm1GhT @ 01/05/2013, 14:11*
I understand that this is the usual Ubuntu, only with a different interface?

Slightly sawn through ubuntu, because with the resources of smartphones is rather weak.

Rep: (2014)
There, in the video review, they say they say a lot of interfaces, OS, so why, then, do they produce one more? Well, gather all your friends and lay out all your phones and find a pair of at least approximately similar ones !!! And did everyone go to the same OS, be it a phone or a computer? Well, if there is still one OS in the whole world. Where the joy of the eyes - what is there, that there is one and the same screen. I for example, not that the OS itself is changed every three days. I love when as I want, and not their imposed Interfes, Theme, Screen Saver, the OS itself !!!
Stop procreating nedos, concentrate and at least bring one to mind. That Symbian, that WM, that the same Android is all done on the knee and a couple of hours before the promised release or support stops altogether. And of course enough to inflate prices. The cost price of 1-3 $ and sold for 300-500.

Rep: (10)
Waiting for waiting))

Rep: (65)
We are waiting for a miracle from friends with xda. Or rather not a miracle, but a port :)

It seems to me that there will be a very good new OS. And as for Android applications, it would seem possible to integrate dalvik VM into ubuntu. Like the Nokia N9 or Maemo on the N900. It would be nice to have a smooth interface like 4.1 and games with graphics like an apple.

Aliev Ruslan,
then wait and the price is like at the windows of the 8th

Why so? WP8 is a closed OS, and therefore prices are. Take a look at any modern flagship on the droid and VF8. For example, Nexus 4 and HTC 8X. 8X is more expensive, and iron is weaker. No interface smoothness, used, we know. Applications are only basic, and those are few. And about the games, I generally keep quiet. If Canonical does not abandon this project, then a normal OS may come out. Applications will necessarily be the same Linux - the code is open, and fans will surely install Dalvik VM there to run Android applications.

Rep: (34)
We are waiting for a miracle from friends with xda. Rather than a miracle, and the port

We are waiting for a miracle from friends with xda. Rather than a miracle, and the port

And of course ubuntu port for telechips, Boxchip, AM-logic, and a bunch of Chinese processors ..
We are also waiting for companies from the companies themselves.

queyron,
Sorsy what?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/26/19, 08:12