Windows 8.1 | [windowsos] discussion

Rep: (2707)

Description
    Windows 8.1 - The operating system of the Windows NT family manufactured by Microsoft, the next in time for Windows 8 and before Windows 10. Designed for workstations, personal computers and portable devices; the version designed to solve server problems - Windows Server 2012 R2. Compared to Windows 8, it has a number of updates and changes in working with the graphical interface. Windows 8.1, like Windows 8, is focused on touch PCs, but does not exclude the possibility of using it on classic PCs.

The main goal of Windows 8.1 is to improve the functions that employees of various companies and enterprises need. Among the updates that Windows 8.1 will provide are indicated, including, more convenient file synchronization, an improved authentication system when accessing a corporate resource, and simplified connection to a printer using Wi-Fi and NFC. Also, users of Windows 8.1 will be able to configure their device so that when it is turned on, it immediately displays the desktop, bypassing the start screen. The update will bring some improvements to the work of the 11th version of Internet Explorer.

What's new about Windows 8
useful links
Installation and Update
Customization
Backup and Restore

The curator of the topic isniks255. For questions about filling caps, please contactQMS
Activity in the topic

Post has been editedniks255 - 24.03.18, 15:12
Reason for editing: Updating headers

Rep: (11)
The first Windows Blue Build 9364 distribution is merged into the network. The assembly is part of the Milestone 1 development phase.

Rep: (161)
There is nothing about the lock screen, have it really not been brought up to the WP level? Sorry, I would like to.
In general, in my opinion no one uses it, but in vain. A very convenient thing. Before weaning from the computer, I pressed two buttons and got a password-protected computer, and you can easily see the time and notifications from important applications. Really useful thing.

two buttons pressed
Three pedals>Enter what does not suit you? : D

Rep: (523)
Alex93,
Which two buttons exactly?

Rep: (55)
Shoore @ 03.24.2013, 22:44*
two buttons pressed
Three pedals>Enter what does not suit you? : D

You can just Win + L

Post has been editedEagleXTX - 25.03.13, 07:19

Shoore @ 03.24.2013, 22:44*
Three pedals>

I have a keyboard :(
EagleXTX @ 03/25/2013, 08:16*
Win + l

I talked about this.

Rep: (58)
Declamator @ 03.24.2013, 19:01*
The first Windows Blue Build 9364 distribution is merged into the network.

I read about him, it seems from the changes only further dopilivanie god-awful subway, which however for me did not become less flat and ugly than it was ... :(
I'm sitting on the seven further.

Post has been editedDon willy - 25.03.13, 13:27

Rep: (46)
The official presentation of Windows Blue will be held at the conference BUILD 2013

And here I have a question, what is the connection between future Windows 9 and updating Windows 8 (Blue)?

Post has been editedEagleXTX - 28.03.13, 11:01

EagleXTX,
Yes, the impression is that this is one and the same ... In any case, this is not just an update as it was before.

Blue, it's more like a service pack. It has nothing to do with Windows 9. I don’t know why Temko is not renamed.

Rep: (160)
Alex93 @ 03/28/2013, 19:48*
Blue, it's more like a service pack

just not, on the noname already laid out this image, there according to the description a lot of changes, in the flesh to the engine (so this is something new)

Oops, the image was cut out

Post has been editedRvstrax - 29.03.13, 20:57

Rvstrax @ 03/29/2013, 9:51 p.m.*
Oops, the image was cut out
Everything is in place, do not panic: D
Attached Image

Rvstrax @ 03/29/2013, 9:51 p.m.*
by description a bunch of changes

And where can I read? Maybe where I looked about him before it was far from all described ...

Post has been editedDon willy - 30.03.13, 16:50

Rvstrax,
A bunch? This is adding an alarm clock with a calculator, fixing more than 2 modern applications on the screen, yes +2 options for tile sizes is a bunch worthy of changing the OS number? :)
maybe they decided now service packs not with numbers, but with colors?

Post has been editedEagleXTX - 30.03.13, 20:27

Rep: (50)
Yes, Windows standards ... all the rules were, except for ME. Even Vista was not bad ..... 8ka obviously not worse.
I'm more interested in whether the brightness adjustment of the netbook on the new build will work: D
EagleXTX @ 03/30/2013, 11:17 PM*
maybe they decided now service packs not with numbers, but with colors?

Now it’s so fashionable. Cats at MakOSi, the names of toys at Debin, incomprehensible animals at Ubunta .... IIIa the colors of the rainbow at Venda .... why not? : rofl:

Rep: (46)
Russian localization package for Windows Blue

sasha3g,
It would be better to chop down the customization of the metro, and not just the options for setting it up, but somehow on 27 "a lot of useful space disappears.

EagleXTX @ 04/02/2013, 11:46*
on 27 "a lot of usable space disappears
What can you do in the subway at 27 "? I see it only when I turn it on ...

Shoore,
The same as on other diagonals, trivial tasks, surfing, launching applications, etc.
ps: on the other hand, if you ignore the subway, then what exactly is the salt of 8ki, unlike 7ki, well, except for small differences in the form of a redesigned task manager, copy dialog, and so on?

Post has been editedEagleXTX - 02.04.13, 13:37

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/08/19, 9:49 PM