SanDisk Sansa Clip + - Discussion | Multimedia player

Rep: (4)
DiscussionSanDisk Sansa Clip +
Media player
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
Product Dimensions 1.36 x 2.16 x 60 in. (34.7 x 55 x 15.33 mm)
Product weight 85 oz (24.09 g)
Packing size 7 x 5 x 1.2 inches (177.8 x 127 x 30.48 mm)
Weight of packing 4.4 oz (125 g)
Screen size 1 inch landscape
Capacity 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB
Colors Black, red, blue
Battery Up to 15 hours of playback
Headphone jacks One
Speaker Not
Radio 40-station FM radio
Dictaphone Built-in microphone
Music subscription Not
Minimum system requirements
  • WindowsВ® XP SP2 or Mac OSX 10.3 (Mass Storage Class)
  • Windows Media Player 10 or 11
  • CD-ROM drive
  • USB 2.0 port
  • Internet access

Supported file types Supports MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, as well as audio books and podcasts
Menu languages English, Spanish, Italian, German, French

A photo
Attached Image

FAQ
It is known that internal memory cannot be scored ...
The method of "revitalizing" the player

Are Sandisk Players The Best?
Yes, in a way. The Sansa Clip + and Sansa Clip Zip series of players have the best price / sound quality / usability ratio among mass models.

Why is the sound so quiet, because the volume is increased to the maximum?
Most likely the Europe region is exposed. Go to Settings ->System Settings ->Set factory settings ->Yes. Select region North America. In the system settings, the Volume item appears, where by default a high level will already be set.

Why is the player discharging so quickly?
The duration of the operation depends on the format being played. When listening to MP3, WMA, OGG files, the norm is 13-15 hours. When listening to FLAC - about 7-8 hours.

Do not like the built-in equalizer, can you somehow improve its sound?
Equalizer of very mediocre quality. In the official firmware, this is an incorrigible flaw. Accept or install Rockbox.

Clip + or Clip Zip, which model is better?
Clip Zip is an evolutionary continuation of Clip +. A color screen was added, a microUSB connector instead of miniUSB, the case design was slightly changed. Judging by the reviews of the owners, the sound is almost identical.

What is the screen in Clip + and Zip players?
Clip + and Zip have OLED screens. Clip + has a screen size of 1 inch (128 x 64 pixels), and Zip - 1.1 inches (96 x 96 pixels).

Which memory card is better to buy with a player?
The player supports microSD, MicroSDHC format cards. The maximum volume is 32 GB, there are no restrictions on the card class. For normal operation, a card of class 4 is quite enough. There is evidence of the success of the card with a capacity of 64 GB.

I can not find the Reset button on Clip +. How to reset if the player freezes, does not turn on, etc.?
To perform a reset, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.

Which sounds better, Rockbox or official firmware?
This is a matter of taste. Some people think that Rockbox is better, but some people think the opposite. However, Rockbox provides many sound settings that are not in the official firmware.

What if I have one Rockbox build installed and want to install another?
Rockbox is the .rockbox folder in the root of the player’s memory. It is recommended that you simply rename the folder to something like .rockbox-31266 and unzip the archive with the assembly that you would like to install. The assembly always called .rockbox always starts.

There is no AC charger in the kit. Memory with what parameters can I use?
It is recommended to use a charger with a voltage of 5V and a current of 550mA at the output. For example, the same charge from Motorola with a miniUSB plug.

How to lock / unlock keys on the player?
On the official firmware - press and hold the Home key. On Rockbox - simultaneously press the Home + Select keys.

Can I download the player with the original firmware if Rockbox is installed?
To download the original firmware, hold the Home key and press the Power key.

Are there any inexpensive headphones with good sound?
A good option in terms of price / quality ratio can be the Panasonic RP-HJE120. Headphones have been praised by experts from resources such as cnet.com, computerbild.de and headset.net.

Useful information
Collection of firmware for Sansa Clip +
instructions SanDisk Sansa Clip + 4Gb in Russian
Rockbox simulator on different devices
Worn Battery Problem

Installing the original firmware
1. Download the original firmware:
2. Make sure that the battery charge is at least 50%.
3. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
4. Extract the fileclppa.bin from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory.
5. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process, after which the player will turn off.
6. Turn on the player. When you first turn on, in addition to the language, you will be prompted to select a region. Choose a regionNorth America . Sound will be louder than when choosing a region Europe .
7. To check the firmware version, go to Settings ->System Settings ->Information.
Install / Uninstall Rockbox
Manual installation:
1. Downloadcurrent buildRockbox
2. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
3. Extract the folder.rockbox from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory.
4. Download fonts (Font Pack) on thispage. As in the previous paragraph, extract the folder.rockbox from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory, agreeing to a replacement.
5. Install the bootloader (patched original firmware).
Firmware patch
This will require three files:
- original firmware file01.02.16(clppa.bin), since the current version of mkamsboot does not support later firmware. In addition, Rockbox will work regardless of which version of the patched firmware is installed.
- bootloader-clipplus.sansa
- mkamsboot
On diskC: create a folder with the name rbinstall . Move these three files to it. Open the command line (Start ->Run ->cmd.exe ->OK). We introduce the following:
cd \ (press Enter)
cd rbinstall (press Enter)
mkamsboot.exe clppa.bin bootloader-clipplus.sansa patched.bin (press Enter)

A file appears in the folder with the namepatched . Rename it to clppa and move to the root of the player’s internal memory.

6. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process, after which the player will turn off.
7. After turning on, Rockbox should boot.

Automatic installation:
1. DownloadRockbox utility.
2. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
3. Launch Rockbox Utility (you need the Internet to work). In the list of devices, selectSansa clip + .
4. In the tabInstallation select the components to install and click the button below To install .
5. After loading the components, clickEject in the upper right corner of the program window.
6. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process.

Rockbox Removal:
1. Download the original firmware:
2. Make sure that the battery charge is at least 50%.
3. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
4. Extract the fileclppa.bin from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory.
5. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process, after which the player will turn off.
6. Turn on the player and reconnect to the PC in modeMsc .
7. Delete the folder.rockbox from the internal memory of the player.

Special thanks toBanderstadt for FAQ and instructions.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 09.01.19, 18:05
Reason for editing: Worn battery problem

Rep: (609)
Mew2 @ 09/07/2013, 11:40*
if even 60 does not pull

C'mon, it’s enough for 60 Ohms, though the volume slider has to be twisted almost to the maximum. However, I had a simpleself assembled amplifierto no longer worry about volume limits.

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 07.09.13, 11:23

Rep: (30)
Dr @ ko_n, Well, I didn’t make such an opinion out of thin air, although maybe PRO5MK2 is so tight) But the fact is that they sound quiet and dumb on Sansa Clip +, with Cowon C2 it is better and louder, but again at a volume of 37 out of 40 possible (further overload is strong) .

P.S. to blame, they are 38 ohms.

Post has been editedMew2 - 07.09.13, 11:47

Rep: (0)
Good day. I have this problem. On my sandisk sansa clip + some tracks are not played. Their name changes to the same but at the beginning ._. A similar problem is on my Nokia x2. The names also change there and some tracks are not played (but not the same as on the player). I tried to overwrite, it does not help. On the computer, everything is playing back norms. I am recording with the MAC if it matters.
Is this problem solvable?

Rep: (27)
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=52390

Guys, the player is hanging, the usb cable is lit on the board and that's it - nothing turns on, doesn't turn off !!! 2.5 hours have passed, and he is still with the same picture !!! what to do?

Rep: (8)
IndiIndy @ 11/02/2013, 15:00*
Guys, the player is hanging, the usb cable is lit on the board and that's it - nothing turns on, doesn't turn off !!! 2.5 hours have passed, and he is still with the same picture !!! what to do?

If the player freezes, hold down the power button for 20 seconds :)

Rep: (-1)
Help out the brothers, the new player on the rockbox is chopped off and will not turn on anymore ((please help, I really like the player. Sansa Clip + (8 + 32gb)

Rep: (-1)
in short, after a day it turned on, but then it was also cut off ((it works now, but it constantly hangs - you have to reboot. It feels like the processor is not enough

Rep: (8)
There was such a problem. He listened to the player, then he grunted and turned off. Brick. Doesn’t react to anything. Neither the button for 20 seconds, nor the connection to the computer (the computer says that you need to format the disk, otherwise he does not understand). What can be done?

Good day.
Yesterday came Sansa Clip + 8 GB from Ebey (restored by the manufacturer).
Everything seems to be normal, but one thing confuses: under the clip, the inscription Made in China. Does this affect his character?
And who has what is written under the clip? AT)

Help me please! I tried installing Rockbox on my sansa clip zip. Now, when loading, an error appears: File not found. Comp player does not detect. I tried to go under the standard firmware, holding the volume down and turning it on, but the player is still not detected early.

After the "experiments" with SanDisk, Sansa clip + is not recognized when trying to update the native firmware from SanDisk.
1 / What files and directories are in the player's memory?
2 / Can someone throw off something like an image to restore the player from scratch bypassing proprietary software and / or rockbox?

Good day! I bought a player today, uploaded my library in flac to the player (stock firmware). The files are played selectively, it seems that the player only plays files 44100Hz and 96000Hz does not play. Has anyone encountered this?

Rep: (3)
Should I take it for the ears of the Beyerdynamic DTX 101 IE. Will he reveal them?

Help with this troubles - I upload songs to the clip (to the internal memory), when I turn on the clip - there are no songs, and when I reconnect to the PC - it's empty! nothing is copied at all. What can be wrong?
It’s worth rockbox 3.13, you can’t change the version or even demolish it for the same reason, you can’t change the original firmware either; (
I tried different shoelaces - it does not help

ordered sansa clip +. Tell me how it will be in conjunction with IE 80, Koss porta pro, HD 449, Sony xba-3

Rep: (16)
Guys, tell me the advantages of Rockboxa, point by point, if possible! Is it worth it to put it on a new player, and if not a myth, tell me about the increase in battery performance with RB. Thank.

Posted on 12/24/2013, 11:59:

Sansa clip +

Rep: (287)
1 / What files and directories are in the player's memory?

Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4Gb, revision V01.02.12A
http://yadi.sk/d/E8kLQAg8F7gpN

Ps Music Deleted. In the Records folder, an entry made on the way from the store home :).

Post has been editedAlyosha saasaa - 28.12.13, 18:38
Reason for editing: Ps

Rep: (1)
For those who want more volumeon native firmware :

Make a "factory reset" to factory settings. At startup, select the region "USA" and not "Europe".
You will be surprised how muchlouder your player may sound ..!

My question is: Advise the headphones for the price of $ 10-40, which is better than the native ones ..?

Rep: (3)
My question is: Advise the headphones for the price of $ 10-40, which is better than the native ones ..?

Sennheiser CX 300-II
Sennheiser CX 180 Street II

Posted on 1/15/2014, 10:05 PM:

Who checked flash drives on 64 gigabytes? Which one exactly works?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12/09/19, 12:21