SanDisk Sansa Clip + [Other] | [MP3 player]

Rep: (4)
DiscussionSanDisk Sansa Clip +
Media player
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
Product Dimensions 1.36 x 2.16 x 60 in. (34.7 x 55 x 15.33 mm)
Product weight 85 oz (24.09 g)
Packing size 7 x 5 x 1.2 inches (177.8 x 127 x 30.48 mm)
Weight of packing 4.4 oz (125 g)
Screen size 1 inch landscape
Capacity 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB
Colors Black, red, blue
Battery Up to 15 hours of playback
Headphone jacks One
Speaker Not
Radio 40-station FM radio
Dictaphone Built-in microphone
Music subscription Not
Minimum system requirements
  • WindowsВ® XP SP2 or Mac OSX 10.3 (Mass Storage Class)
  • Windows Media Player 10 or 11
  • CD-ROM drive
  • USB 2.0 port
  • Internet access

Supported file types Supports MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, as well as audio books and podcasts
Menu languages English, Spanish, Italian, German, French

A photo
Attached Image

FAQ
It is known that internal memory cannot be scored ...
The method of "revitalizing" the player

Are Sandisk Players The Best?
Yes, in a way. The Sansa Clip + and Sansa Clip Zip series of players have the best price / sound quality / usability ratio among mass models.

Why is the sound so quiet, because the volume is increased to the maximum?
Most likely the Europe region is exposed. Go to Settings ->System Settings ->Set factory settings ->Yes. Select region North America. In the system settings, the Volume item appears, where by default a high level will already be set.

Why is the player discharging so quickly?
The duration of the operation depends on the format being played. When listening to MP3, WMA, OGG files, the norm is 13-15 hours. When listening to FLAC - about 7-8 hours.

Do not like the built-in equalizer, can you somehow improve its sound?
Equalizer of very mediocre quality. In the official firmware, this is an incorrigible flaw. Accept or install Rockbox.

Clip + or Clip Zip, which model is better?
Clip Zip is an evolutionary continuation of Clip +. A color screen was added, a microUSB connector instead of miniUSB, the case design was slightly changed. Judging by the reviews of the owners, the sound is almost identical.

What is the screen in Clip + and Zip players?
Clip + and Zip have OLED screens. Clip + has a screen size of 1 inch (128 x 64 pixels), and Zip - 1.1 inches (96 x 96 pixels).

Which memory card is better to buy with a player?
The player supports microSD, MicroSDHC format cards. The maximum volume is 32 GB, there are no restrictions on the card class. For normal operation, a card of class 4 is quite enough. There is evidence of the success of the card with a capacity of 64 GB.

I can not find the Reset button on Clip +. How to reset if the player freezes, does not turn on, etc.?
To perform a reset, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.

Which sounds better, Rockbox or official firmware?
This is a matter of taste. Some people think that Rockbox is better, but some people think the opposite. However, Rockbox provides many sound settings that are not in the official firmware.

What if I have one Rockbox build installed and want to install another?
Rockbox is the .rockbox folder in the root of the player’s memory. It is recommended that you simply rename the folder to something like .rockbox-31266 and unzip the archive with the assembly that you would like to install. The assembly always called .rockbox always starts.

There is no AC charger in the kit. Memory with what parameters can I use?
It is recommended to use a charger with a voltage of 5V and a current of 550mA at the output. For example, the same charge from Motorola with a miniUSB plug.

How to lock / unlock keys on the player?
On the official firmware - press and hold the Home key. On Rockbox - simultaneously press the Home + Select keys.

Can I download the player with the original firmware if Rockbox is installed?
To download the original firmware, hold the Home key and press the Power key.

Are there any inexpensive headphones with good sound?
A good option in terms of price / quality ratio can be the Panasonic RP-HJE120. Headphones have been praised by experts from resources such as cnet.com, computerbild.de and headset.net.

Useful information
Collection of firmware for Sansa Clip +
instructions SanDisk Sansa Clip + 4Gb in Russian
Rockbox simulator on different devices
Worn Battery Problem
2.1.18 with the loader for Rockbox

Installing the original firmware
1. Download the original firmware:
2. Make sure that the battery charge is at least 50%.
3. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
4. Extract the fileclppa.bin from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory.
5. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process, after which the player will turn off.
6. Turn on the player. When you first turn on, in addition to the language, you will be prompted to select a region. Choose a regionNorth America . Sound will be louder than when choosing a region Europe .
7. To check the firmware version, go to Settings ->System Settings ->Information.
Install / Uninstall Rockbox
Manual installation:
1. Downloadcurrent buildRockbox
2. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
3. Extract the folder.rockbox from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory.
4. Download fonts (Font Pack) on thispage. As in the previous paragraph, extract the folder.rockbox from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory, agreeing to a replacement.
5. Install the bootloader (patched original firmware).
Firmware patch
This will require three files:
- original firmware file01.02.16(clppa.bin), since the current version of mkamsboot does not support later firmware. In addition, Rockbox will work regardless of which version of the patched firmware is installed.
- bootloader-clipplus.sansa
- mkamsboot
On diskC: create a folder with the name rbinstall . Move these three files to it. Open the command line (Start ->Run ->cmd.exe ->OK). We introduce the following:
cd \ (press Enter)
cd rbinstall (press Enter)
mkamsboot.exe clppa.bin bootloader-clipplus.sansa patched.bin (press Enter)

A file appears in the folder with the namepatched . Rename it to clppa and move to the root of the player’s internal memory.

6. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process, after which the player will turn off.
7. After turning on, Rockbox should boot.

Automatic installation:
1. DownloadRockbox utility.
2. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
3. Launch Rockbox Utility (you need the Internet to work). In the list of devices, selectSansa clip + .
4. In the tabInstallation select the components to install and click the button below To install .
5. After loading the components, clickEject in the upper right corner of the program window.
6. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process.

Rockbox Removal:
1. Download the original firmware:
2. Make sure that the battery charge is at least 50%.
3. Connect the player to the PC in modeMsc (Settings ->System Settings ->USB mode).
4. Extract the fileclppa.bin from the downloaded archive and move it to the root of the player’s internal memory.
5. Disconnect the player from the PC and wait for the end of the firmware process, after which the player will turn off.
6. Turn on the player and reconnect to the PC in modeMsc .
7. Delete the folder.rockbox from the internal memory of the player.

Special thanks toBanderstadt for FAQ and instructions.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 02.01.20, 16:29
Reason for editing: 02/01/18 to the Rockbox bootloader for

Rep: (0)
If you still decide to replace Saens, I advise you to look at the player with rokboksom. The site of Belarus has a list of supported devices. Sam ran into a problem when jammed flash memory. I searched long replacement Sens. Frankly, if you want an inexpensive device that only Saens no hduo x2, Zicu 9 dodokul not replace or have to move to higher device class.

Rep: (22)
* xdimquax
Thank you, I'm in the topic. I f the fact that any (almost) the player on the codec will play longer. There are good Chinese (Hisoundaudio type) on the codec and the time of the large and plays, but the price tag ...
Or cheaper Shanling M0 (to him, by the way, there was a bag with a clip snip

Post has been editedhomedudka - 02.03.19, 21:04

Rep: (15)
To a question "what to buy to replace the Sansa Clip +":
It is strange that until now no one has mentioned the player "Zishan Z3" (Discussion(There is the theme of a few players, but starting around the middle of discussing this mostly)).

Of course, first look at the player plunges into shock ( "as something with such a design can be produced in 2019 ?!"),
but it's really small (for these days) Player (60 * 50 * 20mm), with a decent (for its category) sound for 2700 rub .. At that you can cram into a much larger battery capacity received 15-20 hours of playing time.

models of operational amplifiers are quite a few, plus another set: the people of this good time at all - Also change the operational amplifiers (. cost from 300 to 600 rubles) give a "very unique sound," there can be unscrewed a few bolts and tweezers (without soldering) in the so-called "Filter", and it too can be changed to any other receiving a large number of combinations.

Post has been editedexaminum - 06.03.19, 10:18

Rep: (38)
* examinum preparing a new firmware is open source, and silence .

Good afternoon!

Help Board, is dying and my sansochka (
On the drain when the firmware hangs devaysa logo on the splash screen. On rokbokse run time of 1 3eh, and then hangs at the track start. It comes to life only after hard reset socket, and sometimes knocks out a mistake in the enclosure.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (128)
* tarantinoman , Flash memory dies quietly. I think so.

Rep: (48)
* tarantinoman,
with internal or external memory of music listening? Too I tend to the inner legs

bratken @ 7.03.19, 10:26*
with internal or external memory of music listening?
important not to overwrite the internal memory, and you can listen to.

* bratken ,
He wrote on the outside.
It was another small drop the month before. And the old woman had already 7 years.

Rep: (12)
Greetings formuchane what firmware advise of the latest innovations) (costs from Poretsky Igor Borisovich 09.15.2016)

Post has been editedSilas892 - 07.03.19, 16:51

Rep: (38)
* Silas892, like a lot of options: yes2:, I 3.14p10.

* Silas892,
rokboks set in 2012
rokboks updated in 2018 to 3.14, which keeps the battery 25 hours
all =) can be another 5 years not to think about the firmware

* bratken
* xdimquax
Rokboks always made, but put on Igor, and the sound seemed better :) Share equalizer settings, the music mostly old rap, dnb, tranc ... ears sennheiser mm30i, ostry want in the future but they are expensive

Post has been editedSilas892 - 07.03.19, 22:07

* Silas892, Honestly, I did not touch equalizers ever. I decided it was not worth hearing zamylivat such matters (including the compressor) ON PLAYER Sony plugs and german maestro gmp 450 pro home. In the second frequency response is flat almost, but there are small piles at 3.5 and 10 kHz, at first hand stretched HF added, but then got used. The gag subjective sound is the same. HF smaller, but on the whole attention to it do not pay.
In general, it seems to me for your style headphones and an equalizer will not get off and you will be endlessly in search of the "perfect sound." There you go by stretching in space, as well as any maximizers and exciters that the output of the track is like a wave on a flat "sausage". From this ear mylitsya.Treated involved in other music to stop bother to sound =) but that's another story

Post has been editedbratken - 08.03.19, 14:55

* bratken
In both: yes2: rokboks even with an iPod classic began to use later appeared Saens, sound to me like that on rokbokse seems tangy, ear rezhit, on the phone (in the custom firmware added Dirac uluchshalka sound) it is more softer to the player put the firmware on Igor (the same rokboks last only slightly altered by itself) where he is also on the softer compared to conventional rokboksom, who then gave the equalizer settings and everything was super, well, let's say in poezed 4-4.5 hours, you can listen to, and the head is not sore later beg to another mode and save settings forgot s :( Now that's looking for) Though probably should have something else to look ...

* Silas892,
Then bear in mind that underneath all the styles there is no single setting of the compressor and equalizer that all sounded better right

* bratken
Moved to Gemzza (2.0.1) on my sound better than new rock (for me the sound is better, added a little bass ...)
In general, the survey would not hurt anyone what firmware, and of equalizer settings to, for comparison

Rep: (5)
Died today :( my Sansa, ordered to ebeya 5-6 years ago. Since the early days was Rockbox. The last six months constantly hung. In Task Manager, regardless of the fault contact is defined as the UNDEF storage USB Device, the capacity of 4MB. Do resolder dead memory possible working?

Rep: (21)
Does anyone need this machine? It is lying idle. Almost never used.

Rep: (5)
Neznajka-Pochemuchishe @ 13.03.19, 08:42*
Does anyone need this machine? It is lying idle. Almost never used.

Price of the issue? went to Minsk?

It has long wanted to clarify one point. How to make more compact Sansa blyutusnoy? What options are there at all?
Seen transmitters signal to Alyx, but which one to choose and not to lose in sound quality and ergonomics, I xs ... ((
Use SaГ«ns for sports, jogging with Xiaomi Kevlar. On Alix once I bought a condom for Sansa black silicone. Since then, I have a waterproof player.
Run more comfortable with wireless ears, but from the Sansa do not want to give a very handy little player with a clip.

Post has been editede200420 - 13.03.19, 11:43

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/04/20, 16:08