Man from Cupertino
Check in: 31.07.12
Apple iPhone 5s
Guide to jailbreak instructions
Jailbreak iPhone / iPod touch / iPad / Apple TV —not officially supported by Apple that allows you to open access to the software and file system of the device.
- First, the jailbreak gives you the opportunity to install programs not from the App Store. Over the years, there were various sources of third-party applications for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad - Installer, Rock Your Phone, Icy, but for quite a long time the main (and in fact the only) alternative application store is Cydia - a project by Jay Freeman (aka Saurik). Cydia has thousands of third-party programs, add-ons and tweaks, most of which are free. Cydia hosts programs that do not fall into the App Store due to AppleвЂ™s strict limitations.
- Secondly, jailbreak allows you to do self-tuning iOS for your own needs. For example, you can turn off background processes to significantly extend the battery life of a gadget, or add dictionaries to iOS to quickly translate words in Safari, iBooks and other programs. Opportunities for additional settings iOS - weight.
- Thirdly, the jailbreak offers great opportunities to change the interface of iOS. With the help of the Winterboard theme manager, you can choose a completely different style for the system interface - from replacing the dock to completely modifying all system icons, switches and screens.
- Fourth, jailbreak provides the ability to install pirated applications on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It is enough to replace a number of iOS system files, and the code signature check is disabled, which allows you to install applications that were not purchased in the App Store. Alas, in the minds of many users jailbreak is associated with piracy, although the jailbreak procedure itself does not mean hacking applications.
In the US, Russia, Jailbreak does not violate the copyright of Apple and third parties, whose applications are installed, bypassing the App Store, but the legislation varies from country to country.
Apple itself adheres to the view that the Jailbreak is illegal. After the jailbreak procedure, the device loses the Apple warranty and is not subject to warranty repair. But according to the laws of Russia, your device must accept under warranty.Apple's jailbreak stance
Types of jailbreak
The pros and cons of jailbreak
5 reasons to jailbreak
In iOS 7, a new scope has opened for modifying the iPhone and iPad. However, real freedom is still very far away. Jailbreak allows you to remove all restrictions from the operating system and transform the user interface. Thanks to Cydia tweaks, you can change icons, fonts, lock screen, system menu, completely transforming the standard look of the software shell. The possibilities are practically unlimited and each user can choose the design for iOS to his liking - add elements that are completely missing skevomorphism or vice versa - to further simplify the interface of your favorite device.
Owners of iOS devices with jailbreak can install a new class of programs that are not allowed to the Apple store. Developers of official applications must adhere to strict company rules, so they cannot fully unleash the potential of custom iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Want to record phone conversations? Easily! Enable hidden iOS settings? No problem. Or maybe remove ads in Safari or YouTube? Activate flash? Add real multitasking? Use the launcher? The list is endless.
It is believed that jailbreak reduces the number of levels of protection used by devices with iOS for defense against viruses and hacker attacks. In fact, as paradoxical as it may sound, by вЂњhackingвЂќ iOS, the user can use more powerful tools to protect the OS. For example, tweaks such as BioProtect or BioLockdown allow you to restrict access to applications and folders using a password or a fingerprint scanner, BiteSMS to limit SMS messages, and Firewall iP to enable a firewall on the device. And tweaks like CleverPin can realize a truly intelligent protection system.
Apple has limited many of the features of iOS. Unlike Mac OS X, you cannot install third-party applications in the mobile OS or fine-tune the OS, for example, using the same Terminal. Only thanks to jailbreaking, iPhone and iPad users can transfer good quality YouTube video over 3G, use FaceTime calls, panoramic shooting, camera filters or Slow Motion mode on unsupported devices, upload music without iTunes and share files between gadgets via Bluetooth. What about removing restrictions on sending photos to Mail or WhatsApp? And this is not a complete list of what is available on the jailbroken device.
This is an incredible paradox. iOS can be the best mobile platform on the market and at the same time very, very boring. And Apple itself is to a certain extent responsible for this. All iPhones and iPads look the same - each has the same rows of icons, the same icons and menus. Jailbreak device is more interesting to use not only from a technical, but also from a practical point of view. After all, a gadget with less restrictions is much more attractive. How cool is it to connect a PS4 joystick to an iPhone or iPad and play a new shooter on familiar buttons, recall commands in a mobile Terminal or sort through desktop effects in Barrel? No one says that the App Store offers few games and entertainment applications, but jailbreaking is a different kind of fun and special pleasure. IsnвЂ™t that why the iPhone and iPad are eventually released?
5 reasons against jailbreaking
Jailbreak can lead to malfunctions of iOS 7, as well as regular and third-party applications. Even data loss is possible. Judging by the references to problems with jailbroken devices, such an outcome is indeed possible. However, it should be noted that iOS 7 also works less stable than its predecessor, including on the iPhone 5s and iPad Air. Spontaneous device reboots and crashes of programs, including those adapted for iOS 7 and even full-time (Safari browser) have become much more frequent.
Apple applications are carefully optimized to minimize battery consumption. Third-party programs and tweaks installed via Cydia on jailbreak devices do not differ in such a caring attitude towards the battery. вЂњHackedвЂќ iPhones and iPads can work fine, but no one can guarantee that some applications will spend the charge вЂњin the backgroundвЂќ, leaving the user in the afternoon with a fully discharged gadget.
In some cases, unauthorized modifications lead to irreversible changes in the iOS operating system. As a result, when a user puts up-to-date updates on a hacked iPhone or iPad, the gadget may simply stop working. In the latest versions, jailbreak blocks the system of automatic updates, so users of вЂњhackedвЂќ iOS devices will not be able to update automatically.
- Problems with regular functions
Installing a jailbreak may adversely affect some of the standard features of the system. For example, there may be problems with push notifications used for notifications about new mail, messages, likes, etc. Sometimes it even happens that notifications intended for one hacked device are transmitted to another. Unstable can start working after hacking i-device and other system services. In addition, there may be problems with communication. Users may encounter call breaks, slow or unstable data transfer, and incorrect or slow location data.
Jailbreak reduces the number of levels of protection used by iOS devices for defense against viruses and hacker attacks. Apple staffing software has been tested by Apple employees during the development process, as well as by hundreds of millions of people in everyday use, and any вЂњholesвЂќ are quickly made public, and then fixed. Software installed after a jailbreak can contain any malicious code that may go unnoticed for a long time. So the risk of unauthorized access to your information or damage to the device through malicious code after jailbreaking increases many times.
With regard to the question of deprivation of a guarantee, the вЂњhackingвЂќ is indeed a violation of the license agreement, since Apple forbids modifying the iPhone and iPad operating system. However, the user, before taking the device to the company, can always restore the factory firmware via iTunes or completely reset the settings through the system menu, returning the gadget to its original state.Apple's jailbreak stance
- Untethered jailbreak (untethered jailbreak) done once and for all, more precisely, until the next flashing of your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Apple TV. Untethered jailbreak is based on such vulnerabilities that allow open access to the file system every time the device is booted without any external intervention.
- Semi-untethered jailbreakprovides access to the file system of the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Apple TV only until the first reboot or power off. The only minus to reboot or power off is the inability to use Cydia and tweaks installed from Cydia. Thus, a semi-associated jailbreak requires re-launching the jailbreak application, which re-uploads the files required for jailbreaking to the device and causes it to load into jailbreak mode during work.
- Tethered jailbreakprovides access to the file system of the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Apple TV only until the first reboot or power off. On the next boot, the device will either not be able to boot up at all, or it will still boot, but many applications will stop working. Thus, an attached jailbreak requires connecting the gadget to a computer and restarting the jailbreak utility, which re-fills the files required for jailbreaking to the device and causes it to load in normal mode.No longer relevant!
- Semi-tethered jailbreakprovides access to the file system of the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Apple TV only until the first reboot or power off. This type of jailbreak allows you to restart the device without connecting to your PC. The only disadvantage of such a reboot is the inability to use Safari, Mail, Cydia and tweaks installed from Cydia. Thus, a semi-jailbreak requires connecting the gadget to a computer and restarting the jailbreak utility, which re-fills the files required for jailbreaking to the device and causes it to load in normal mode.No longer relevant!
Post has been editedT0ugh - 23.02.19, 01:41
Jailbreak for iOS 4.x.x
Information about unattached jailbreak for iOS 4.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 4.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 5.x.x
Information about unattached jailbreak for iOS 5.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 5.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 6.x.x
Information about unattached jailbreak for iOS 6.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 6.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 7.x.x
Information about unattached jailbreak for iOS 7.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 7.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 8.x.x
Information about unattached jailbreak for iOS 8.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 8.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 9.x.x
Information about untethered / semi-associated jailbreak for iOS 9.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 9.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 10.x.x
Information about the semi-associated jailbreak for iOS 10.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 10.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 11.x.x
Information about the semi-associated jailbreak for iOS 11.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 11.x.x
Jailbreak for iOS 12.x.x
Information about the semi-associated jailbreak for iOS 12.x.x can be found here ->Jailbreak iOS 12.x.x
Reason for editing: Update
In QMS I do not help, I do not advise!