Comparison of Poweramp sound with other players | Who gives the sound better. Your opinions, evidence, justification
Which player has the best sound?
Vote, only if comparing player
Poweramp [ 2532 ] ** [46,6%]
Neutron Music Player [ 827 ] ** [15,22%]
JetAudio [ 711 ] ** [13,08%]
Stellio [ 218 ] ** [4,01%]
DeaDBeeF Player [ 23 ] ** [0,42%]
TTPod android [ 30 ] ** [0,55%]
ZPlayer [ 14 ] ** [0,26%]
Rocket Music Player [ 18 ] ** [0,33%]
Winamp [ 69 ] ** [1,27%]
Mortplayer [ 12 ] ** [0,22%]
Xplay music player [ 7 ] ** [0,13%]
doubleTwist Player [ 9 ] ** [0,17%]
GoneMAD Music Player [ 133 ] ** [2,45%]
Music PlayerPro [ 152 ] ** [2,8%]
n7player music player [ 32 ] ** [0,59%]
Fusion music player [ 2 ] ** [0,04%]
AIMP for Android [ 391 ] ** [7,2%]
Walkman [ 168 ] ** [3,09%]
Rockbox [ 42 ] ** [0,77%]
Music Folder Player [ 44 ] ** [0,81%]
Total votes: 5434

Rep: (384)
Discussion and comparison of sound in different players.
the basis / landmark is taken popular player Poweramp

In this thread are allForum RulesandSection Rules

Famous players and their main topics of discussion. The list is updated!

The topic is forbidden to discuss the work programs, their purchase, bugs (except sound) and other issues that are discussed in the main themes of the players.
The topic PROHIBITED DISCUSSION VARESE and, moreover, lay out broken versions!

excerpts fromsection rules
tab @ 09/13/2010, 13:02*
Violation of the rules in this forum is guaranteed to lead you into PO mode (read only) or even to block your account.

In this forum, the section of the rules No. 4 (General Rules for the creation of topics and posts) act as relaxed as possible. The remaining rules are fully valid!

What is forbidden - mate, insults, the transition to the individual, the game with a reputation (cheat, revenge, etc.), Albanism, religious themes, politics, discussion of the administration and policies of the resource.

Allowed to discuss everything that relates to the sound. Everything is possible that does not contradict the rules above!
The equalizer setting directly touches the sound! Discussion of the principles of setting and working with an equalizer is allowed, but please do not engage in garbage and do not post presets, the devices / headphones / listeners are different.
Information on various effects, sound chips, as well as sound comparison experiments are welcome!
Please explain, prove, justify, just express your opinion. If necessary, you can upload pictures, programs, etc.

Although this is in the rules, I emphasize once again
It is forbidden to use the "arguments" type "fool himself" and roll down to the insults of the opponent !!!

Post has been editedEhsana - 03.05.16, 19:27

Rep: (6)
Solidarity withDutch78 - the experience I would say that Viper and Dolby Atmos volume can bustanut well.

But if the program-stake without root ... In JetAudio have preamp, AGC control, plus the plugin has AM3D Zboost feature that adds volume and much else ... And so in PowerAmp personally I understand, there is at least the same preamp lift, though DVC settings include volume control and to demand from him his.

There is another option! Ruth is not needed. applicationPrecise Volume. There you can also raise the volume of the above, there are among the additional features.

Post has been editedrocketshocker05 - 08.02.19, 00:50
Reason for editing: added a link to the app

Rep: (6)
* Slameon , And the version of Android what?) The device itself is much older? For me, all versions sound the same (albeit on a smartphone with a terrible sound of their testing procedures: D). But the ancient Alcatel Android 2.3.6 with normally placed and works as version 3.9.2, and 4.0.0. So far, chose the first option, because it does not have the plugin Bongiovi, where the brakes on the machine iron old and weak, and I did not get around him.

No, AM3D-plugin is the name of a Z-boost-it setting there, which switch on or off.
Uluchshalki-well, it's optional. They say that in ancient versions (up to fourth, like) it was impossible to include some at the same time. But I would recommend without first of all, and then add a little bit to adjust the level of one or another. Including and preamp with AGC. Sometimes without sound effects and settings are best, but it is ... How lucky, and if it is necessary to build up the volume ...

Post has been editedrocketshocker05 - 08.02.19, 01:01
Reason for editing: added

Rep: (315)
SlameOn @ 08.02.2019, 00:35*
thank
JetAudio tasted like normal lifts
Just as I understand it is better not to interfere with a bunch of different uluchshalok?
What is the one to choose
Or Am3D or Zboost
WHEN preamp rises to 10, is amplified, omitting the standard in the middle - the sound is muted so quiet (though from the barrel) and treated reset settings and rejoining
it is what the school application, I understand?
And what is the most stable version of jetAudio?

Try stellio, including the withdrawal of the sound through the open sl and enable the equalizer (you can leave the value zero) I start a half times louder shout.
Attached Image

Post has been editedgavsgovenko - 08.02.19, 07:55

Rep: (8)
Comrades), so long forum not wool, prompt pliz player (except by Neutron) capable of reproducing on-track, rather than whole files
image + cue.

Rep: (19)
Generally I bought PowerAmp, is now a long time compared with him the most favorite: Jetaudio, Stellio and Onkyo HF Player. All are good, but, IMHO, the last just gives a fabulous sound!
I listen only pure flac, without EQ.

By the way, it would be fair to add Onkyo HF Player to the table of ratings.

Post has been editedquality7 - 19.02.19, 10:13

Rep: (24)
* sam5364 And the sound improvement on MIUI is better to turn off?

Rep: (1928)
quality7 @ 19.02.19, 09:01*
By the way, it would be fair to add Onkyo HF Player to the table of ratings.

I fully support
Deadbeat0178 @ 22.02.19, 17:03*
and the sound improvement on MIUI is better to turn off?

this only works with deshmanskimi Xiaomei ears, and the ears should take more seriously and begin to understand how this spoils the sound uluchshalka

Post has been editedDutch78 - 22.02.19, 21:15

Rep: (24)
* Dutch78 I have hybrids kz es4. They say that they are better xiaomi hybrids. Therefore, I will try to switch off and neutron

* Deadbeat0178
Who am I to stop you? After oprobuete uluchshalku vyklbchite her and put sireneaudio, wiper or Sauron and see what will happen with the sound. And then srvnite sound on your computer and in your ears. Uluchshalka miui created to enhance the bass, and no more - in ostaleom it spoils the sound

Rep: (108)
So in general, I thought but it's nice when it is still shared by the majority of fans of high-quality sound that PowerAmp not just the best player but if you give him first place the second fit on the figure of 10 but just one is not among them ... I ask forgiveness if offended someone musical feelings ....

Rep: (9)
Damn, I struck the whole topic. The solid sheet. No.chto zametno.tak is that there is no sound of fans, players only have fans))). Try two different pairs of headphones (in different form factors and different price categories) and different player will behave differently. Those. Pick up the player on the headphones, not somebody's advice. Easier to nowhere. But why do we need simplicity?)))

Rep: (664)
* 48 dan,
And even more precisely - Pick up the headphones, and not the player. :) These ears that sound without the use of an equalizer, will be heard on many fine players

Post has been editedSlwtch0201 - 11.03.19, 15:42

Rep: (216)
Slwtch0201 @ 11.03.19, 16:33*
And even more precisely - Pick up the headphones, and not the player. These ears that sound without the use of an equalizer, will be heard on many fine players

A quite accurate - Adjusts the brain.
PS these headphones do not happen

* sm151058,
... there is no such headphones

Come on... )
I also used to think - as it is - listen to muzlo off. equalizer ?! And now the only way I listen. :) And those ears that need correction in the equalizer, I think nedonaushnikami - they are on my shelf - just in case ..

My bunch at the moment - Xiaomi Quantie + Onkyo Hi-Fi Player.

Post has been editedSlwtch0201 - 12.03.19, 11:22

Slwtch0201 @ 12.03.19, 10:17*
Xiaomi Quantie

strange ears. I have a whole life thought that normal monitors horoshiyzvuk issue, and here mnogodrayvernye sound distorters

Post has been editedDutch78 - 12.03.19, 11:30

* Dutch78,
Yes, no, not for me monitors. Good overhead ears - the sound, of course, would be better, but the cumbersome device - not my ...))

* Slwtch0201,
these tweeters can reproduce the bass? Yes way. Here's the whole story about the sound quality of these headphones in

* Dutch78,
When tight fit may very. And even what! Volume - yes, it happens, not hvatat and more bass and a surplus can be easily, in these so-called 'Squeaker'

* Slwtch0201,
for bass there stupidly not enough membrane area. is physics. As a result, the low frequencies will be merged into a single porridge in the region 75-250
Hz

although the reviews written about the excellent bass, but I do not believe in these fairy tales

Post has been editedDutch78 - 12.03.19, 16:20

* Dutch78,
... in the area of ​​75-250 ..

With regard to this I can not say, because absolutely do not rummage in all these Hertz / Merz / graphs, etc. : D, but the sound in Quantie completely satisfied. EQ does not twist, I was just enough - and the bottom and top. Listening to rock, metal, disco, techno. No bass, you know, it makes no sense to listen to it.

Post has been editedSlwtch0201 - 12.03.19, 19:42

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/03/20, 15:35