28 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Sony VAIO DUO 11 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows OS, Tablet / 11.6 "/ intel core i3 - i7 GHz
Are you ready to cooperate for the wholesale purchase of displays?
If cheaper than 5000
Yes [ 24 ] ** [82,76%]
Not [ 4 ] ** [13,79%]
If cheaper than 10,000
Yes [ 18 ] ** [62,07%]
Not [ 11 ] ** [37,93%]
Total votes: 29

Walksik
Message#1
21.11.12, 10:44
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3669
Check in: 04.10.09
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Sony VAIO DUO 11 - Discussion
Description

Windows (7 | 8 | 8.1 | 10) | Ubuntu linux � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Ambulance laptop owners � | IT smoker � | Operating systems and software
Attached Image

Device characteristics
Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Operating system - Windows 8 Pro
Chipset - Intel® HM76 Express
Processor - Intel® Core ™ i7-3517U
Performance and Power - with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Processor speed (GHz) - 1.90 with overclocking function Turbo Boost up to 3
L3 cache (MB) - 4
The number of cores - 2
Exterior color: Black

Memory is operational
Memory Size (GB) - 8
Memory Specification - DDR3L SDRAM
The composition of the memory - 4 GB (built-in) x 1 + 4 GB (optional module) x1
Memory Speed ​​(MHz) - 1600
Max. supported by Memory (GB) - 8
Limitation of liability regarding the increase in memory capacity - Models have specialized unique memory modules, so it must be borne in mind that an increase in memory capacity after the purchase of the product is not allowed.

Storage capacity
Storage Type - Solid State Drive
Total memory capacity (GB) - 256
Interface - Serial ATA 6 Gb / s

Screen
Screen Type - VAIO Display Plus
Backlight - LED
Size diagonally (cm) - 29.4
Diagonal size (inches) - 11.6
Resolution Name - Full HD 1920x1080
Resolution - 1920 x 1080
Screen aspect ratio - Widescreen (16: 9) screen
Multi-touch screen - Yes
The maximum resolution of the external screen - 1920 x 1200

Graphics
Graphics card - Intel® HD 4000

Interfaces
USB port (s) - High-speed USB interface (USB 3.0) type A with charging function x 1, high-speed USB interface (USB 3.0) type A x 1
Memory Stick â„¢ slots - Memory Stick Duo / Combination SD card slot x 1 (two simultaneous use of cards is not allowed)
Memory Stick â„¢ Memory Card Features - MagicGate Memory Stick PRO-HG Compatibility (MagicGate is not supported for media of 256 MB or less.)
Headphone Jack - Stereo mini x1 connector
SD Card Slot - Compatible with SDHC and SDXC. There is no support for copyright protection technology.
HDMI® Output - Yes
VGA output - D-Sub mini-cable 15-pin x1

Network connections
Ethernet (RJ-45 straight port) - Yes
Ethernet type - 1000BASE-T / 100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T x 1
Wireless LAN - Yes
Wireless LAN Type - IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n
The maximum data transfer rate of the wireless LAN (Mbps) is 300 (RX) / 300 (TX)
Bluetooth® - Yes
Bluetooth (Version) - Bluetooth® Version 4.0 + HS
Bluetooth® Range (m) - max. ten
Maximum Bluetooth data transfer rate (Mbps) - 24
NFC function - Yes

Audio
Built-in speakers - Built-in stereo speakers (TBD)
Built-in microphone - Built-in mono microphone
Dolby Codec - Dolby® Home Theater® v4

Built-in camera
Specifications - Full HD webcam with Exmor R for PC technology
Effective pixels - 1920 x 1080
Matrix (megapixels) - 2.07

Keyboard
Key travel (mm) - 1.2
Key step (mm) - 18
Joystick - Optical touchpad
Backlight - Yes

Other characteristics
Special Buttons - Assist, Rotation Lock, Windows Buttons
Automatic Lighting Control - Yes
Accelerometer - Yes

Software
Solution Portal - VAIO Gate, VAIO Message Center
Photo / Video - PlayMemories Home Page
Support & Recovery Service - VAIO Care
Utilities - VAIO Transfer Support, VAIO Update
Performance - To activate Office programs on this computer, you must purchase Office 2010; Adobe® Reader® 10, Active Clip ™
Security & Backup - 30-day subscription to McAfee Internet Security, Intel® Anti-Theft Service (90 days trial)
Internet browser - Internet Explorer® 10

Supplied Accessories
AC Adapter - VGP-AC10V8
Power Cord - Yes
Documentation Package - Yes
Stylus - Digital Stylus
VAIO international technical support instructions

Dimensions
Depth of the main unit (mm) - 199
The height of the main unit (mm) - 17.85
Width of the main unit (mm) - 319.9
Weight with attached battery (kg) - 1.3

Main battery
Model name - BPS31
Battery Type - Lithium Ion Battery
Weight (g) - 234
Battery life (hours) - 6.5
Battery charging time (h) - 2.5
Battery Life: Limit of Liability - The actual battery life will depend on the specific device, its use, and software settings. Standard test: MobileMark 2012

Overhead battery(additionally)
Model name - VGP-BPSC31
Battery Life (hours) - 13
Battery charging time (h) - 5
Official support pages
Reviews
useful links

Post has been editedstp101 - 21.07.18, 18:24
Reason for editing: New cap edited by Nik2001Nik3006
abc145
Message#22
21.08.13, 23:27
[online]

Messages 5093
Check in: 12.09.10
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

I just own an Acer W700 tablet - Core i5-3317U - SSD 128GB, I can’t decide if I want to sell Acer and buy Sony, so I’m wondering if the game is worth the trouble.

Post has been editedabc145 - 21.08.13, 23:29
Mortare
Message#23
21.08.13, 23:28
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067
Check in: 07.07.12
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

abc145 @ 08.22.2013, 00:27*
therefore, I wonder if the game is worth the candle.

It all depends on what specifically does not suit the w700 and what it hopes to get by switching to Sony.

At the very same time, there was a w700 on the core i3, so ask - I can compare these two devices with the parameters you are interested in from the point of view of your personal experience.

--------------------
Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, Samsung Ativ S (WP 8.1)
Smart watch: Asus ZenWatch 2
Ultrabook transformer: Sony Vaio Duo 13 (core i7-4500U, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd)
abc145
Message#24
21.08.13, 23:36
[online]

Messages 5093
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

Mortare
Yes, I know, you used to be a curator in the subject on the Acer W700, at that time I was in reader mode in that topic, it was only recently that I began to unsubscribe from there, I was happy to read your posts there, especially about your struggle with the split screen and adventures in the SC.
Well, the first thing that interests you is whether there is throttling on Sony, or the manufacturer, unlike Acer, solved this problem by raising the TDP through the BIOS settings, is it any worse than the screen that the Acer W700 is interested in (brightness, clarity, viewing angles), is it possible to replace SSD on more capacious and whether it will be difficult to do or have to disassemble the entire device, as in the Acer W700.

Post has been editedabc145 - 21.08.13, 23:47
Mortare
Message#25
21.08.13, 23:45
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

There is no trotting - this was the main criterion when choosing a device. First of all, it is not at the expense of a very successful cooling system, which is thought out to the smallest detail - starting with the presence of several ventilation grilles on the device case and ending with the use of a copper radiator on the cooler.

As for the TDP, I can’t admit, I can’t say with certainty whether it exceeds the standard 17 W, however, the GPU and CPU overclocking is done exactly as it should, that is, to a potential maximum. Without any interference from throttling, or, say, artificial limitations of the BIOS.

This Sonya, by the way, compares favorably with the Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro on the Core i5, whose maximum performance was achieved only when the power adapter was connected - Sonya works at maximum and in autonomous mode.
abc145 @ 08.22.2013, 00:36*
is it possible to replace the SSD with a more capacious one and will it be difficult to do it or will you have to disassemble the whole device, as in the Acer W700.

Fortunately you can. Uses standard mSATA connector. Access to it is not to say that it is very simple, but still not as problematic as with the w700. In the case of Sonya, you only have to remove the bottom, just like on a regular laptop. True, for this you need two types of screwdrivers.

As for the screen: it is slightly brighter - 417 cd / m as the peak value versus 375 for the w700. In practice, the difference is palpable, but not to say very much. In any case, the Sony screen remains readable in the bright sun - but I can’t say anything about the w700, because in the winter, when I had that tablet, I didn’t have any sunny days.
As for the color rendition - according to the data on the same notebookcheck, the color coverage of sRGB roughly corresponds to that of the Acer Aspire S7 - and it uses the same matrix as the w700.
Well and so, subjectively, if not to take into account the greater brightness, the screens of Sony and Acer are almost the same.

Post has been editedMortare - 21.08.13, 23:54

--------------------
abc145
Message#26
22.08.13, 00:07
[online]

Messages 5093
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

Mortare
Thank you so much for the detailed, detailed answer, plus of course I will put it to you now.
Of course, I’ll still think about a week, another over the purchase of this device, the device is certainly worthy, I really like it, it’s worth the money, it’s definitely, and I tried to figure out what happened with the throttling problem on the Acer W700 if you can read it interestinglyHere.

And one more thing you bought as I understood the device immediately with 6GB operatives, please give the link, where and for how much, you can in the LAN, but now I looked at the sites, I did not find it with 6GB, everywhere they go with 4GB and with a Core i5 processor 3317U, but I would like to Core i5-3337U.

Post has been editedabc145 - 22.08.13, 00:16
Mortare
Message#27
22.08.13, 00:17
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

abc145
In general, if the budget is not particularly limited, I would advise focusing on the 13-inch version of the Sony Duo, which is in Hasswehl. She, of course, is expensive - 65k +, but she is worth her money. Unfortunately, I did not have extra 20 thousand for it, so I had to take the 11-inch version. But otherwise I would have taken trinashku without hesitation.

--------------------
abc145
Message#28
22.08.13, 00:46
[online]

Messages 5093
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

Mortare,
Now I’ve seen the Sony VAIO Duo 13 SVD1321M9R and there’s nothing supernatural about it, it’s not worth the overpayment, the Core i5-4200U processor is 5-10% more powerful than the Core i5-3337U (Visual Comparison), the same cucumbers from the same bed, integrated video Intel HD 4400 is also not a gift, more productive than Intel HD 4000 well, maximum, from 15-20% (Comparison) and all the same 4GB of RAM, it’s interesting they don’t want to unplug anymore, or 8GB is another niche, GPS is stuck in there, I ask why it’s needed there, for mushrooms or something to walk with the tablet, not to get lost in the forest, 3G modem stuffed, is it not easier to buy a mobile 3G - WiFi router, drop it, say it in a bag, it’s not heavy and hand out Internet from it all to all your mobile devices, to the roads, in the country, at home, and everywhere where there is a need to pay for the Internet Sims one by one and not several, as some people manage to do e people, this is even though Windows 8 cannot work correctly with built-in 3G modems, you need special software that you simply don’t have, so you can forget about voice calls and SMS and the Internet will not work stably In connections, show the 3G icon, and in fact the signal will jump from 2G to 3G or vice versa, this is at best.

Post has been editedabc145 - 22.08.13, 01:56
Mortare
Message#29
22.08.13, 06:48
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Recovery radela finally loaded.

>>Link to download<<

I think it is useful not only to someone9Iru4, but also to others in a similar position.
I did not set a password for the archive using the link.

abc145 @ 08.22.2013, 01:46*
Now I’ve looked at the Sony VAIO Duo 13 SVD1321M9R and there’s nothing supernatural in it, it’s not worth this overpayment, the Core i5-4200U processor is 5-10% more powerful than the Core i5-3337U (Visual Comparison), the same cucumbers from the same bed , Intel HD 4400 integrated video is also not a gift, Intel HD 4000 is more productive, well, maximum, by 15-20% (Comparison)

The main advantage of the 13-shki is a much larger screen with almost the same physical dimensions of the device (the length is only 1 cm taller - 33 vs. 32 x 11) and absolutely the same weight. In 11-shki, unfortunately, the surface area of ​​the front surface is the most irrational - the huge frames are to the left and right of the screen. In the 13-inch version, this disadvantage is eliminated.
In addition, in 13-shki you can adjust the angle of the screen relative to the keyboard part - in 11-shki it is impossible, and this is distressing quite strongly.

Secondly, the main catch of Hasswela is not an increase in computational power in comparison with the previous generation (moreover, according to some data, it even fell a little in comparison with analogues of the same category), but a significantly increased battery life achieved by technologies of selective shutdown of processor units when idle.

As for the GPU, in the case of poor HD Graphics and 20% growth, this is a dream and a fairy tale, because there are still no discrete discs in the near future, as well as an HD graphics 5000 (hello apple with their agreement with intel on monopoly SOC delivery with this GPU for their airways). So at least 20% is already nice.

Well and the rest of the little things - the metal case against the wretched glossy plastic on the frames of the front panel (I have already started to scratch them), communication modules "in reserve", etc.

Post has been editedMortare - 22.08.13, 08:58

--------------------
abc145
Message#30
22.08.13, 08:53
[online]

Messages 5093
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

Mortare @ 08/22/2013, 07:48*
Well and the rest of the little things - the metal case against the wretched glossy plastic

Well, yes, at the expense of the metal case it is good, so I bought the Acer W700 in the middle of November of that year, although I considered buying
Ativ Smart Pc Pro and Sony VAIO Duo 11, though Sonya then had a lot of money, and Sams looked, supported in the hands of the store, well, it scared me into it, first of all a cheap, plastic, creaky body, with a characteristic unpleasant smell, which probably then it would have eroded, well, Sams wasn’t in appearance, integral - a monolithic device, that's why Acer took it, and the price also played an unimportant role.

Post has been editedabc145 - 22.08.13, 08:56
Mortare
Message#31
22.08.13, 08:57
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

abc145 @ 08.22.2013, 09:53*
a cheap, plastic, creaky body, with a characteristic unpleasant odor, which probably would then have eroded, well, it wasn’t a Sams to look like

Well yes. And in the end, personally in my case, this was the reason for the sale of Ativa. He still has little letters from the logo on the back cover to get unstuck because of the heating started. And on the screen oleophobic coating fade.

And so the device is very personal.

--------------------
abc145
Message#32
22.08.13, 20:11
[online]

Messages 5093
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

Today I looked at the prices of the Sony model in the maximum configuration (Sony VAIO Duo 11- Core i7 - 3517U - / 8192Mb / 256Gb SSD), Sony's pricing policy is of course no logical explanation, well, the maximum is all these improvements (i7, 8GB - RAM, 256Gb SSD), ten thousand pulls, and they ask for exactly twice as much (80 tr.) Than for the version with Core i5, there are no differences anymore, as I understand it, or is there a gold soldering, manual assembly and exclusive textolite?
On Avito today I saw him in the maximum configuration for 53 thousand, but there, as lucky as a lottery, to buy it like a cat in a bag, all existing defects will only lick out with time, and you can’t see them right away.
And at the moment I have an Acer tablet, this is the only computer in the house, so I would like the same mobile (compact) device, but with more advanced functionality and a bit more performance, but about the same dimensions (screen size, weight), the thickness does not play a special role for me, I don’t want to buy a laptop, I don’t see the point, I don’t need discrete graphics, as I’m practically not playing games.

Post has been editedabc145 - 22.08.13, 20:19
mr.M9IC
Message#33
23.08.13, 23:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 205
Check in: 09.06.12

I welcome you to the owners of Vaio Duo 11!
I got this device by mistake, I didn’t consider the purchase, but he pleasantly surprised me!
While the truth is only 3 days with me, I will not write a review, so as not to make hasty conclusions.

There are several questions:
1. We were pleased with the built-in speakers, listening to music and not breaking the quality.
But did not figure out how to turn on lock mode? As on Android, I turn on the music, turn off the screen with the turn button, the tablet is locked, the screen does not glow, the battery does not eat, the music plays.
And how is it? I press the turn and he goes to sleep.
2. I do not understand how to remove installed applications from the store?
There is a button to install, and delete?
3. No one came across a glitch — a spontaneous click with a different frequency occurs in the upper left screen, which knocks out focus from the current control or closes the pop-up window.
I cured (ugh, ugh, ugh) by installing the driver (I'll find the link to write)
Mortare
Message#34
23.08.13, 23:25
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

And how is it? I press the turn and he goes to sleep.

Unfortunately, incomplete sleep mode (that is, assuming support for performing individual tasks during a slip, like a player) is implemented only on intel atom processors, the core i3 / i5 / i7 line is not able to.

I do not understand how to remove installed applications from the store?

Tap with an offset down the tile of the program to be deleted in the metro interface, then in the lower panel that opens, the "delete" button. Thus, it is the program that is deleted, not the shortcut.

No one came across a glitch - a spontaneous click with a different frequency occurs in the upper left screen, which knocks out the focus from the current control or closes the pop-up window.

I did not notice this.

Acquired by mistake this devaysik

If it's not a secret, is it like that? O_o

Post has been editedMortare - 23.08.13, 23:25

--------------------
mr.M9IC
Message#35
24.08.13, 01:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 205

The girl chose a tablet for Photoshop, with a stylus having levels of depression.
We aimed first at the Samsung ATIV, but in the configuration we needed there was no place to buy, only the younger models were available, and the price of 50yrs was somehow not very happy.
We decided to take Microsoft Surface Pro, the price tag is very pleasant, 30yr, minus - no 3G, but 20 thousand cheaper than Samsung. Go for Surfeys, go to the Sony demo studio on the top crust, the girl has become sick of this Vaio.
We bought Vaio, started to sort things out at home, put a photoshop, and there the pressing stylus does not recognize!
And without the stylus she does not need it. We decided to sell Vaio, we went to buy Surfeys. The girl is pleased.
I decided to play with Wahio. The form factor, when choosing on an Internet, I did not like.
Klava doesn’t come unfastened, he was thinking of poverty and not a laptop or a tablet. I drooled at the Acer in the 700, I really liked it and both wanted to look like a clavier and unfasten it, and at a price of 30 against 40.
But in practice it turned out differently. This non-quilted keyboard is only a plus, the device on it comfortably stands on the table, on the knees, on a soft surface, and on an uneven surface, everywhere it is conveniently transformed, if desired, into a tablet.
I'm still very pleased, although I already understood that an ordinary tablet won't replace it anyway, because If you use a device for reading / watching a movie, that is, the device is easier, thinner, and most importantly with a more enduring battery.
Walksik
Message#36
24.08.13, 04:15
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3669
Check in: 04.10.09
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

although I already understood that an ordinary tablet will not replace it anyway, since If you use a device for reading / watching a movie, that is, the device is easier, thinner, and most importantly with a more enduring battery.

This is only on Clover Trail +, but then the plan will be feeble and shamelessly stupid

--------------------
Sony Xperia Ultra Club
Sony Xperia Z Ultra & MSI Windpad 110W 4/64
Mortare
Message#37
24.08.13, 07:38
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Comrades, be careful: the device is very poorly applied oleophobic coating on the display, is erased from any sneeze.
Despite the fact that my Waie is only 2 weeks old, there are already 3 fairly large spots on the screen where this coating has worn off, even though I used the subject very carefully.

Some vendors, such as Nokia, recognize this phenomenon as a warranty case and eliminate it in the SC at their own expense. Whether Sony is among these manufacturers - the devils know him. I addressed this question to the representative of the company in MediaMarkt, did not hear anything intelligible in response.

On Monday, I will call the SC. However, it is necessary to suffer a little more, proving that they are obliged to accept my device within the framework of the international guarantee, which formally extends to Vayo Duo (unfortunately, my modification is not officially sold in Russia). Usually, the manufacturer can not tolerate compliance with obligations under the international guarantee and in every way tries to evade.

Post has been editedMortare - 24.08.13, 07:56

--------------------
abc145
Message#38
24.08.13, 09:04
[online]

Messages 5093
Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro

Mortare
On the Acer W700, all devices come with such a defect (uneven application of oleophobic coating directly from the factory, with bald spots in some places, somewhere more, somewhere less), you can see if you wipe the screen lightly, almost without pressing, slightly damp, soft microfiber and quickly look at the screen at a certain angle (the eye should be almost parallel to the screen, look better from the end), after two, three seconds, the moisture evaporates and no longer see anything, or move a dry microfiber on the screen, also almost without pressing it where there is an oleophobic coating, bu It will feel rough when sliding the fiber, where there is no gliding, as if on glass, but when working and using the tablet, it does not provide any comfort, how to exit a protective film on the screen, and forget about this defect once and for all, when the film is glued this defect is not visible at all, I agree that getting a tablet with a small defect directly from the store is very, very unpleasant, but the fact that he and Acer, as they say, bribes are smooth, this is a budget, they would be better the coating was not applied at all, I believe that from the neg real benefit at all no better often proterat screen, and more, when I'm going to sell this tablet, is now explained every customer, it is a manufacturing defect and that I am here not and, respectively, is well reflected in the price of the sale of the unit.
One friend, from the topic on the Acer W700, even tried to completely wipe off this defective oleophobic coating with special means, but he did not succeed, as I understood from this, the coating turned out to be very stable, you can read about his experimentHere.

Post has been editedabc145 - 24.08.13, 10:17
Andrew.S.K
Message#39
24.08.13, 16:14
Experienced
[online]

Messages 535
Check in: 12.11.11
AGM A9 4/32

abc145
The difference in price between the model with i5-4Gb -128Gb and i7-8Gb-256Gb is 15 thousand rubles. Although, if you take for comparison the model is not with win 8 PRO, then the difference in price will be 20-25 thousand.
When you compared, you missed a small, but very important detail - the version of the processor. All models with Intel Cor 3 of its generation significantly cheaper, when versions with a Haswell processor appeared.

Real battery life more than 10 hours!
I come home from work, the transformer has a charge level of 40-50%.

--------------------
Surface Pro 4 (i7 / 16/256) + AGM A9 (4/32)
Vaio Duo SVD1321M9R (W10) + Lumia 550
Alienware M17R2 + Lumia 640 DS
Andrew.S.K
Message#40
24.08.13, 16:28
Experienced
[online]

Messages 535
Check in: 12.11.11
AGM A9 4/32

The girl chose a tablet for Photoshop, with a stylus having levels of depression.

Funny, in the description it says that it is recognized - the digitizer is sensitive to the force of pressing.
I tried in One Note - the harder I press, the thicker the line.

--------------------
Surface Pro 4 (i7 / 16/256) + AGM A9 (4/32)
Vaio Duo SVD1321M9R (W10) + Lumia 550
Alienware M17R2 + Lumia 640 DS
mr.M9IC
Message#41
24.08.13, 19:38
Local
[offline]

Messages 205

In Photoshop and Z-Brush, the force of pressing the stylus DOES NOT WORK!
Be careful, I have already blundered: rofl:

Shl. And in Corel Painter too!

Post has been editedmr.M9IC - 24.08.13, 19:39

28 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 10:06