Acer C7xx Chromebook - Discussion | [netbook] $ 200 netbook from Google: 320 GB, Ethernet, HD camera

Rep: (2)
Acer C7 Chromebook andAcer Chromebook C720
Discussion пїЅ
Chrome / Chromium OS | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

Specifications
Additional Information
Intel Celeron dual-core processor, 320 GB HDD, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, standard Ethernet port (8p8c)

Sold on Google Play (Market) in the Devices section, sold on the Citilink and M.Video networks

Ports / connectors:
3 USB (on both sides of the case)
Ethernet (8p8c)
HDMI (video, digital, HD)
D-Sub (VGA video, analog, SD)
Audio input / output combined (jack)
2in1 memory card slot (SD, MMC)

Advantages:
1) price
2) full-fledged (compared to Intel Atom) processor
3) the ability to install Windows / Linux
4) capacious (for netbook) hard disk

Disadvantages:
1) Weight (like a 13.3 "laptop)
2) high power consumption and low battery life (Celeron is not a mobile processor!)
3) non-touch screen (there is an opinion that netbooks are no longer fashionable, since the tablets appeared)

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 07.09.18, 22:05

Rep: (3)
Tell me better how to Russify the keyboard?

Rep: (0)
Engraved

how much does it cost?
and can you do it yourself?

For us it costs about $ 12- $ 15 (Kiev).
Most unlikely to succeed - you need special equipment.
As an option - stickers, but IMHO it is unaesthetic.

I have stickers

Rep: (8)
I took this device Acer C710-2847 chromebook, immediately replaced the screw, put Seagate 500GB 7.200, added 8 GB of memory now. Installed Ubuntu 13 poyuzat, liked it, stayed on it. By the way, I bought a used one for 1400 UAH. With such a filling, a great price for a netbook ..

Rep: (10)
But is it possible to replace the screw, and install windows8 on it? I read it in the net, the guys advised to pop out a separate flash memory from the motherboard .... supposedly the BIOS at each boot of the OS, refers to this flash drive. Because of this, you can not programmatically go into the BIOS and select the bootloader.
what do you think?

and question tohamX - how much does ubuntu hold the battery?

Rep: (51)
Sofronov_RIZR @ 02/05/2014, 16:07*
but it’s possible to replace the screw,

Here isherescrew replacement article, but on the new Acer model. But I think the principle is the same.

As I understand it, any Linux can be installed without problems by flashing the BIOS to an alternative, but is there a problem with Windows 7?

Markz0R @ 02/18/2014, 12:08*
As I understand it, any Linux can be installed without problems by flashing the BIOS to an alternative, but is there a problem with Windows 7?

That's right, the main thing is that the core be fresher. You can also put Windows, only external keyboard and mouse will be needed, because the relatives will not be determined.

komoff
That is, a typical installation via BIOS with disk formatting? Of Linux, Mint, Xubuntu and Ubuntu are probably interested.

Posted on 02/21/2014, 20:57:

You can also put Windows, only external keyboard and mouse will be needed, because the relatives will not be determined.

It is strange why so. Usually at 7 there is no problem. By the way, you need to try 8 and XP: blush:
It’s still good that someone has a good FAQ.

Markz0R @ 02.21.2014, 21:57*
That is, a typical installation via BIOS with disk formatting? Of Linux, Mint, Xubuntu and Ubuntu are probably interested.

A typical installation of a distribution kit - you can format it, you can write to the desired section, there are a lot of options ...
I tried ubuntu 12.10 - 13.04 - 13.10 myself, now it costs mint 16 64bit.
Markz0R @ 02.21.2014, 21:57*
It is strange why so. Usually at 7 there is no problem. By the way, you have to try 8 and XP
It’s still good that someone has a good FAQ.

The Chromebook uses a non-standard keyboard / touchpad connection bus - any Windows these devices stupidly do not see, Linux with old kernels, by the way, too.

Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5crPfEAhvslook, there the guy filmed the whole process

My English is not so good

And after reinstalling the OS, does loading happen right away? That is, you do not need to press and wait?

Markz0R @ 03/12/2014, 13:42*
And after reinstalling the OS, does loading happen right away? That is, you do not need to press and wait?

Of course, you will have to wait for the download, but you do not need to click anything

Rep: (93)
Has anyone already tried it? It turns out? Would translate in a report. Thank.

Who on Linux, flashing painlessly?
http://habrahabr.ru/post/204452/
Completely normal Linux? And all the firewood?

Today's total is:
1. Pouring "bios" is not a problem, the video is slightly higher, angelic knowledge is minimal. I myself vypayal and put on a train for more freedom of action.

2. win8.1 does not see the touchpad and keyboard, by the sound it sees all the devices and pretends to play, but nothing is heard, the sound levels twitch to the beat of the music and there is no sound.

3. Ubuntu: The touchpad modules load and work, but the sound is like on Windows, the levels twitch no sound. How to overcome music until I found

Erazmus @ 03/25/2014, 03:06*
then on Linux, flashing painlessly?
http://habrahabr.ru/post/204452/
Completely normal Linux? And all the firewood?

set everything ok
but Linux is not complete, I do not know how to put full ubuntu there, but you can sit!
I even installed VirtualBox, I still need to patch the kernel and it will be XP / 7 in Chromebook / Ubuntu
Installed Steam, the games are on

Posted on 04/18/2014, 16:21:

Alborn @ 04/18/2014, 3:27 PM*
3. Ubuntu: The touchpad modules load and work, but the sound is like on Windows, the levels twitch no sound. How to overcome music until I found

everything plows on ok!
http: //savagemessiahzine.com/pages/g....ru%2Fpost%2F204452%2F
Ubuntu 13.04

so this is a clean / unbroken chromos running parallel to ubuntu.

Dev mode, non-native kernel for ubuntu, press ctrl-d each time, if during loading accidentally the spacebar is pressed, everything will be reset to zero.

Verdict: cool but dumb

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/08/19, 18:39