Acer C7xx Chromebook - Discussion | [netbook] $ 200 netbook from Google: 320 GB, Ethernet, HD camera

Rep: (2)
Acer C7 Chromebook andAcer Chromebook C720
Discussion пїЅ
Chrome / Chromium OS | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

Specifications
Additional Information
Intel Celeron dual-core processor, 320 GB HDD, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, standard Ethernet port (8p8c)

Sold on Google Play (Market) in the Devices section, sold on the Citilink and M.Video networks

Ports / connectors:
3 USB (on both sides of the case)
Ethernet (8p8c)
HDMI (video, digital, HD)
D-Sub (VGA video, analog, SD)
Audio input / output combined (jack)
2in1 memory card slot (SD, MMC)

Advantages:
1) price
2) full-fledged (compared to Intel Atom) processor
3) the ability to install Windows / Linux
4) capacious (for netbook) hard disk

Disadvantages:
1) Weight (like a 13.3 "laptop)
2) high power consumption and low battery life (Celeron is not a mobile processor!)
3) non-touch screen (there is an opinion that netbooks are no longer fashionable, since the tablets appeared)

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 07.09.18, 22:05

I want to buy an old mother to replace it with an old computer, for use with an external monitor

Rep: (24)
For $ 200, you can’t buy it if you don’t go to the USA. On ebay from $ 300 and already better to buy here for the same $ 300, but without risk.

Shipito address can not be ordered?

my friend has a subscription

Rep: (8)
Ilya-TLT-IX @ 11/21/2012, 11:18*
I want to buy an old mother to replace it with an old computer, for use with an external monitor

If there is a monitor, can it look at the chromebox?

This is for the old mother
she goes to the country in the summer, the monitor is too bulky, and the telly is all ancient

jammed we

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-...ws/NU.SH7AA.004
Model index (Product Number):
C710-2847
NU.SH7AA.004

Specifications:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NU.SH7AA.004

Post has been editedIlya-TLT-IX - 29.11.12, 23:34

Rep: (8)
I still ordered a version from samsung to arm

Rep: (0)
We recently bought this miracle :), in general, you can like everything, you can also use Chrome, if the laptop is an addition to the main PC. Ubuntu already put it on him, everything worked well :), but the touchpad sometimes started to get bogged down, it was terribly annoying, rearranged firewood, packages, did a lot of things, did not win the problem, but I couldn’t get Ubuntu :). I had to go back to Chrome.
3. When installing ubuntu, a section in 10Gb is used, from there ~ ~ half of the chromos are wrung out. Why so, broom 320, you can select a section of arbitrary size ?????

Ubuntu section, you can choose any.
There is also a desire to install Windows, but so far I have not found the information, nor have I found a modified BIOS for it.
I hope that this is all a matter of time.

Rep: (0)
Unsubscribe when you make a Windows on it.

Rep: (51)
Can someone tell me.

mele A1000 + acer c7 chromebook
On the mele costs android 4 (I can if I need to put Ubuntu). Both devices are connected to the same wi-fi grid.
How can I watch movies that are on mele A1000 (or another android device) through acer browser?
That is, I need to enter the ip address of mele, select a movie from the list and launch it in the browser.

Rep: (5)
Windu on it as far as I know so far, you can not put it. Do not mislead people.

Post has been editedSan4er - 19.02.13, 03:44

Rep: (12)
Something has silenced everything, I think to buy through ebaytoday, make a review of the device at least a photo.

Rep: (3)
Someone successfully flashed the bios and set the seven on ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOU4PWNXTs
The main question is what and how?

He asked himself, he answered =)Found a link to the projectonly still damp, I think until the end of the year will finish.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 03.10.13, 10:41
Reason for editing: combined.

Rep: (1)
Maybe all the same, someone will write down the Russian manual for installing Win7?

Seven is now running on a virtual machine and is being loaded via a vnc server, they haven’t been fully installed yet, but any Linux with an alternative bios can be installed.
Who cares how to change the BIOS here is the linkhttp://www.dennert.me/turning-your-acer-c7...fledged-laptop/
The latest firmware (101013) in the comments herehttp://johnlewis.ie/pre-built-coreboot-fir...or-chromebooks/

UPD: Everything that you do - you do at your own peril and risk. And do not forget to close the safety jumper on the mat before backup and firmware. board

Post has been editedkomoff - 15.10.13, 19:23
Reason for editing: forgot to warn about the jumper

Rep: (35)
komoff,
tried it yourself?

SC-COMP @ 10.21.2013, 12:08*
komoff,
tried it yourself?

What about =) Now I have on it a full-fledged ubuntu 13.10 with the latest kernel worth

And if a full Ubuntu, you can install Virtual box>>windows ??? If so, can you please describe your actions in detail? Just do not send on the links, there is energy, I'm afraid to do something wrong. Thank!!

Post has been editedtshukhrat - 06.11.13, 13:05

Greetings to all! I need help on the topic, since I myself am just learning (not yet a wizard :))

There is Acer C7 Chromebook on Chrome OS.

It is required to make a backup copy of the BIOS on the USB flash drive.

I enter sudo flashrom -r bios.bin
As a result, we obtain the bios.bin file in the user's directory. There is no access through the graphic interface.
I inserted a flash drive, and then I do not know what to do. What you need to enter to copy this file to a USB flash drive?

Thanks to all.

tshukhrat

To be honest, too lazy to write instructions. As for backup, either before the command (sudo flashrom -r bios.bin), go to the downloads folder (cd / home / chronos / user / Downloads), or after backup, copy the file to downloads (cp bios.bin / home / chronos / user / Downloads) and after we already copy to the USB flash drive. Can you bythis vidosmake firmware.

Yesterday I patched the version of coreboot-parrot-seabios-windows-27102013, the seven is normally installed on it, only acpi is left unfinished, so most devices do not work, including the keyboard and touchpad

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.06.19, 02:14