IconBIT Toucan MANTA - Discussion | TV Box

Rep: (430)
DiscussionIconbit Toucan MANTA
PictureIconbit Toucan MANTA
Description | Discussion пїЅ

Specifications

FAQ:
1. Is there any firmware above Android 4.0.x with hardware video decoding?NOT
2. How to achieve DTS 5.1 audio with optical output.After all, is only available stereo
3. Only that bought the mantle does not work the remote.USB transmitter for remote control under the battery cover
4. ON / OFF. from the remote device.Nothing, functionality not provided
5. The device includes my TV.Disconnect the EasyLink on the TV.

Firmware:
The authors of the topic and the site is not liable for any damages
as a result of flashing or modification of your device. Everything you do - on your own risk.

Instructions on firmware

Official firmware:

Compatible EEPROM devices from clones:

Linux on the device
Linux images
The device is a complete clone MK802II, so everything related to this unit applicable to our
Linux on the MK802
A bunch of images of working for our devices
Linux image for the 8GB cardWith operating hardware video decoding and XBMC

Instructions

A bit of theory

Useful information:

Of a custom firmware rekaveri getting Root rights to any firmware: (thank Arman Kirakosyan )
Iconbit Toucan MANTA - Discussion (Post Arman Kirakosyan # 37642803)
M
The topic is closed due to lack of interest from users.
If you want to add something, clarify, etc. - do not create a duplicate, click the Complaint button, so that the moderators would open the topic and indicate the purpose in the comments.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 27.10.16, 09:19
Reason for editing: Section about Linux

Rep: (5)
Since the forum on topics not yet available on this device, I propose to discuss here.

Photos and brief description of. site:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Toucan MANTA - a network of mini computer on the Android platform with HDMI connection to any TV or monitor and built-in Wi-Fi. Quiet, powerful and classy. Great for gaming, email, social networks and the Internet. Plays any files from the Internet or via USB (including Full-HD, MKV). Supports downloading any application from Android market. Compatible with most USB-keyboards, mice, controllers.

Unique mini-PC on Android 4.0 with HDMI 1.4
Productive processor ARM Cortex A8 (1,2 GHz)
4 GB NAND flash, 1GB DDR3, up to 32 GB SDHC
Ethernet and Wi-Fi
Supports IPTV-services and downloading applications from Google Play
Works with Skype (requires a USB webcam)
Wireless gyro controller entry

Posted on 18.11.2012, 23:25:

He became the owner of this devaysa, in general the device is working properly: HD 1080p loses no brakes on an Internet you can climb, android market and all that. But there are a number of issues which have not yet found the answer:

1 - on the gyro controller has a central button with the red box, who knows the purpose of this key? (The manual does not mention it)
2 - How does the main power button on the device, on a regular androfone a short press switches off the screen, long press the menu pops up, and then on and off - you reboot the device?
3 - complete with a gyro-USB controller was fine handkerchief, which I took one of the two ports, the issue - it is just the Wi-Fi module, those embedded Wi-Fi device is not available?

Please tell me who know)

Post has been editedbigmax113 - 27.11.12, 17:24

Good day!

I call today Iconbit distributors and get answers to your questions:

1 - Button for switching on and off the device, long press runs and when the console is directed to the device.
2 - Button simple on-off, reboot via the button with the small square on the remote.
3 - Small USB handkerchief purely gyro-controller receiver, a device has an embedded Wi-Fi.

Rep: (0)
Good day!
Do not tell me how things are with playing 3d at this devayse? Is it possible to choose the type 3d in the standard player?

Rep: (31)
I want to buy this machine. I can not determine the choice: Toucan MANTA or Toucan Nano SX. What is the difference besides price?

Rep: (23)
sk-dent @ 20.11.2012, 02:26*
I want to buy this machine. I can not determine the choice: Toucan MANTA or Toucan Nano SX. What is the difference besides price?

1. Well, firstly the price ... Toucan Nano SX cheaper. (Difference 1k)
2. Toucan MANTA is a complete wireless gyro-the controller ... Toucan Nano SX infrared remote control (my wireless gyro-the controller and I believe it is much more convenient remote control)
3. Toucan MANTA with HDMI 1.4 (3D ability to view the presence of such a television or a stereo pair) ... Toucan Nano SX with HDMI 1.3
4. Toucan MANTA has 2hUSB 2.0 ... Toucan Nano SX 3hUSB their 2.0 (more is better, although it is theoretically possible, and connect the USB-hub)
5. Processors mmmda ... ... I do not know what to advise ... Toucan MANTA A8, Toucan Nano SX A9. (Both single-core) and I'm not complaining A9, A8 of reviews is not bad ... I think they are almost equal, so the difference is not very large.
6. Toucan MANTA size of the Flash-Memory 4GB ... Toucan Nano SX size Flash-Memory 2GB (judging by the description) I have 4GB, a complete application set, but hardly took 1GB. And the memory card can be increased applications support transfer to SD.
7. Lastly design ... an amateur ... Toucan MANTA more futuristic, but in red kills. Toucan Nano SX more classic.

If you're a fan reflash your device take Toucan Nano SX him many options firmware (Although they reveal the secret of all creation on Geniatech basis and even with the old kernel and all the clones support the same function) The idea firmware on Toucan Nano SX should be 4.0 .3 and Toucan MANTA 4.0.4

Now, I give my opinion. Design, the gyro-control, Android 4.0.4, HDMI 1.4 and 4GB of memory against 3hUSB ... My advice Toucan MANTA (but we must remember that one USB will be busy USB-receiver from the gyro remote is one ... no ice .. ).

Rep: (31)
Ed666,
Very detailed answer. + I left.
I think it is necessary to add to the cap (will be even ask)

Another point that Manta operative memory DDR3 - that is what for me was a determining factor in the choice between the two devices.

Friends who have such a device as an unsubscribe please turn off and reboot the device?

There's even got a bad moment, I associate with installed MX player, in my 1080 sticks per minute for a couple of seconds, appeared after resetting the player. (I tested on various video)

I have a native file manager does not see the USB drive, and the player sees MX, total comander in Google plee says that my device is not supported.

PS
I do not use 3D, this can not say anything.

It succeeded finally in the support of the figure of my questions:

1 - button on the device translates the device only in Standby
2 - button on the remote control with a square in the current firmware is not involved

Switching off with the remote in the standard firmware is absent, and the file manager recommended to install ES.

About the brakes on MX player, in support of those recommended to install it - MX Player Codec for CPU ARMv7 NEON. In the evening I will try!

Rep: (1670)
M
The topic has been moved to the section.New items

I bought this device yesterday with a TV set. very much.
It was a big issue for a manual-it in principle or where not.
and pbolshoy question panel. button at the top it is clear that is not working yet .... and how to press it to them? vsmysle choose the icons? yet simple mouse connected, but it does not matter!

Good evening. I when the hanging Iconbit logo, and the main menu does not come out. What is it? Please help!

Rep: (292)
M
The topic has been moved to the “Android Device” section.

Friends, I'm going from the theme took the device back to the seller until the crude product, 1080 failed to run without interruption, the main thing that was the last straw device sometimes reboots when installing software from the Android market and gives an error. In short score, and so there is no time and then there are dances with a tambourine, briefly gave the assembly a full-fledged HTPC. Good luck to all!!!

Well, that's ... my impressions going on devices.
Zryazhaluetes. At first he could not figure out how to press on the remote (to do click). I thought also attributed. I understand the child. The left and right of the arrow up and press vnizmozhno))) as a conventional mouse
Further:
1. Connected tb screw 2
2. Install tTorrent
3. MX Videoplayer for HD movies
4. 3dvplayer for 3d movie
5. es explorer, opera, ivi, and all sorts of news programs

everything works fine, not slow 3d, hd, too. on wifi 720p movies with no problems coming with 3-D slows down sometimes.
in obschemvesma satisfied.

Rep: (430)
M
Moved to Android - Devices>Other

Rep: (17)
Good day!
Very interested in this device. Going to buy NG, such as himself and his wife - nice beautiful thing ...
The plan is as follows:
1. TV
2. Manta
3. Active column.
4. Keyboard with Touchpad.
5. Available bad box of Rostelecom - TV program shows.
Manta, of course, to the TV via HDMI, and to acoustics or optics or by analogy for wi-fi network (in principle and twisted pair can hold on).
Goal: online from the couch, movies and music on the network (such as a home, as well as with the outside), photo and so on.

Any questions on the use of:
1. How sound is issued? During the weekend sweep of interfaces or just one? Like, I want to on the video to TV via HDMI, and the sound of optics or equivalent to the column. You will immediately, or will need to be picked?
2. It will be possible to listen to music over the network and internet radio switched off the TV? At friends with other devices were precedents - off TV led to the shutdown.
3. With a DLNA home NASa work on video be? That is, there is such an application?
4. That would have to give up on Rostelecom box and IPTV through the mantle would run ... Dreams.

I would like to ask these questions in the forum iconbit, but already there is a couple of weeks waiting for the activation of your account on the forum. (((

Thanks in advance for answers ...

Rep: (63)
PavelPh @ 06.12.2012, 11:19*
4. That would have to give up on Rostelecom box and IPTV through the mantle would run ... Dreams.

What's the problem with WCPM on the mantle? I'm on the tablet with Android quietly launched WCPM all tills, took prog with the Market.
Manta on the android market, and she, too, like to be - in a general cause for concern, I do not see.

Waiting itself such, just one of the functions - replacing WCPM console to a TV set.

In short, I bought 3 December and two days of dancing with a tambourine, today handed back.

Reasons: 1) From the remote control does not turn off !!!
2) Films are heavier than 12GB is not rewind, and does not remember where he stayed (third-party codecs and players do not help (installed a bunch of different))
3) Films above 25-30gb inhibit (albeit by lan and from external storage)
3.1) integrated player best way to cope
4) From the established started up only 6 games 1
5) Antutu showed in 2900 (his wife's phone Jiayu g3 (for 6 thousand rubles) showed 4300 with the same resolution)
6) As the android itself is not very smartly running (XP did)

In general for a long time I was going to buy some sort of deshovenky media player, long time to choose, waiting for new products, and now bought a piece of shit !!!
PS: This is the first message in nearly 2 years as I registered here

Post has been editedgizmoinc - 06.12.12, 21:39

Rep: (23)
gizmoinc @ 6.12.2012, 22:13*
In general for a long time I was going to buy some sort of deshovenky media player, long time to choose, waiting for new products, and now bought a piece of shit !!!

Dear comrade, even an expensive purchase is sometimes not justified. What do you want from a cheap, Chinese, single-core, with the minimality of RAM ... (the list could go on) for the money it is good performance i7 want from him? This is just the start of that media player, and soon there will be dual-core and more RAM and frequency. I took the android does not slow down, mail, sots.seti, Skype and surfing without any problems, the game is not everything, but go (there's no multitouch), HD movies do not look, I believe that good quality is necessary to look at the cinema, so to speak hold cultural recreation. So it's not a bad device and your requirements are too high. Yours faithfully :-)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/05/20, 10:32