Build quality
Fine [ 91 ] ** [63,19%]
Satisfactorily [ 47 ] ** [32,64%]
Terribly [ 6 ] ** [4,17%]
Total votes: 144

Rep: (18)
ASUS ZenBook U500VZ - Discussion
Notebook on Intel Core i7 | Windows 8 | 15.6 "screen
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8 and 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Accessories | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Features / Reviews
I took a new model from ASUS Zenbook U500VZ.
Ready to answer all questions.

At the IFA, ASUS introduced the innovative ZENBOOK U500VZ mobile computers.

ASUS ZENBOOK U500VZ. ASUS ZENBOOK U500VZ is a real indication that the ultra-high-performance laptop can be no compromise in terms of form factor. With a thin (less than 19.7 mm) aluminum body with a distinctive design, ZENBOOK U500VZ boasts such powerful components as a quad-core Intel Core i7 third generation and a graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT650M. Disk subsystem ASUS ZENBOOK U500VZ can be represented as a hybrid solution (500GB HDD + 128Gb SSD), and RAID 0 array of two SSDs total volume 512Gb. For optimum battery consumption is also responsible technology ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II.

The 15-inch display of this ultra-compact notebook is perfect for both work and entertainment, with the IPS panel providing excellent viewing angles, and anti-reflective coating contributes to eye comfort. The full-sized keyboard is equipped with a backlight, the brightness of which changes depending on the ambient lighting.

As expected, the ASUS ZENBOOK U500VZ laptop will appear on the Russian market in late September and will be sold at a price of 77 000 rubles

Link to ASUS Zenbook official website - [url = "http://zenbook.asus.com/zenbook/"] http://zenbook.asus.com/zenbook/ [/ url
Specifications.
Are common

Manufacturer ASUS
Link to the manufacturer www.asus.ru ...
Installed OS Win 8
Type of laptop
2 year manufacturer warranty
Manufacturer Code 90NWOG212W11C35853AY
Color Gray
Ultrabook Yes

CPU

Intel Core i7 processor
CPU frequency, MHz 2100 MHz
Processor Code 3612QM
The number of processor cores 4
L2 Cache Capacity 6 MB

Screen

Screen Size 15.6 "
Screen resolution 1920x1080
Widescreen Yes
Screen Type Matte
LED backlight Yes
IPS matrix Yes

Memory

RAM, Mb 8192 Mb
Memory type DDR3
1600 MHz memory frequency

Video

Type of video card discrete and integrated
NVIDIA Graphics Card Manufacturer
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Graphics Controller Chipset
Two video adapters Yes
The size of video memory, MB 2048
Type of video memory GDDR5

Data carrier

512 GB Hard Drive Size
Solid State Disk (SSD) Yes
DVD optical drive no
Flash Card Reader Yes

Wireless connection

Wi-Fi Yes
Bluetooth Yes
Bluetooth 4.0 version
Integrated Network Card Yes

Ports

Number of USB 2.0 Interfaces 1
Number of USB 3.0 Interfaces 1
Mini VGA output Yes
Micro HDMI output Yes
Microphone In Yes
Audio Out / Headphone Yes

Other

Scope of delivery Keyboard with backlight, case
Touchpad Positioning Devices
Webcam Yes
The number of pixels in a webcam is 1.3 million pixels.
Lock Slot Yes

Physical parameters

Operating time, h 8 h
Battery capacity 6840 mA / h
The number of battery cells 4 pcs
Battery type Li-Ion
Length 223 mm
Width 325 mm
Thickness 17 mm
Weight 1300 g
Turning on.
Video
Attached fileIMG_0067.mov(2.7 MB)
A PHOTO.
Attached Image
[attachment = "2206560: 6e726dee ... f250e
33f.jpg "]
Attached Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MRPuqnv1o

Reviews.
Tests
AIDA64 Tests
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Unboxing.
BIOS updates
BIOS
1. There are two options, WinFlash from Asus for Windows or F2 when you turn on the computer, then in BIOS select Easy Flash, first insert the USB flash drive with the file into the connector. I use the flasher via BIOS, I do not trust Windows, although I attach the file.

Attached fileWinFlash_Win8_64_Z2411.zip(364.59 KB)

Attached fileUX51VZA-AS.204.zip(2.72 MB)

Thanks to the usereldreamer
Win8.
Windows 8 discussion topic пїЅ

What to check before buying
1. Strictly before turning on:
External examination of the "patient":
a) There should not be an open film on the black box (I do not recommend opening the opened one for such $$$ - you can run into a return).
b) If the store is small and there is one, and the seller swears that the new one:
- make sure that there are no multiple fingerprints (new, by definition, should not be "smeared")
- make sure that the device is not loaded (the first system boot is done with you).
c) Check the uniformity of the slots around the perimeter in the closed and open state (in the area of ​​the loops too).
d) Check the operation of the loops
d) Check the absence of too large gaps between the screen and the border surrounding it (sometimes it moves away from the matrix).
e) the touchpad should be slightly below the general level. The lower left corner may be slightly higher (see my posts in the topic), - in this case, pressing the left and right buttons of the touchpad should cause the same tactile sensations. (In fact, it is there alone and is located in the center below, but it is necessary to click on the edges).
g) press all the keys.
h) the absence of chips and scratches (otherwise, in which case you will never return).

2. After turning on and loading:
a) Check the uniformity of the "insertion" of the screen matrix relative to the frame (along the extreme rows of pixels). I saw the warped.
b) test for broken (not burning) or constantly glowing pixels on all fill colors at maximum brightness. (By default, even if you press fn + F6 and the slider is "on the ceiling", the brightness will be only ~ 40%. I already wrote about this in 100% how to do this). The verification program is tfttest. From the picture in jpeg - I do not advise.
c) the uniformity of the fill (it is the uniformity of the backlight, preferably on white or gray). Theoretically, you can check the light at the edges and corners of the screen on a black fill at maximum brightness. Almost in the store this will not succeed, because there is usually a very bright light.
d) the lack of wheezing of the speakers on both sides (the sound of the subject is not bad).
e) backlight claudia
f) compliance of the SSD size, such as Windows 8 (regular or Pro), with the declared memory size (if it was printed).
g) at the end, reboot and again on pixels (this is not a whim, in most cases, if the screen worked for a long time and there are no broken ones, then they will not be).
h) if the seller is "still alive", you can still check something at your discretion. For example, a complete set, the work of a subbuffer and so on.

3. If something doesn’t work, DO NOT TAKE IT!
Thanks to Sparta

Turn off auto contrast
Quote ([email protected], 18:36) *
Was now in the boutiques of Asus, I watched the subject live ....
I stupidly lack brightness, unscrewed everything to the maximum, zero sense.
Sellers - suckers !!!
When I was turned on by a sales assistant (from where only such people are hired!) I also could not understand for a long time why the brightness was at the maximum and the screen was dim (even began to shine with a flashlight in the light sensor). : D
Until I pushed it aside and set up everything in one "magical" place myself, namely:
By default, "adaptive brightness control" is turned on, it must be turned off and the screen will immediately become bright, like the midday sun!
Here "- where exactly:
Settings ->Power Management ->in the place where there is a checkmark: Setting up the power scheme ->Change advanced power settings ->Screen ->Enable adaptive brightness control ->From the battery (and at the same time from the network) ->Off
Everything. And business. : rolleyes:
So go back to the store, and brand the “shame and bad words” of the consultant who did not pass the proficiency test last time. } -)
On this page I already wrote: My brightness is 348 cd / m2. Where more !!?
Retina has even less!

Solving problems with fans
Today for the first time I tried to install NoteBook FanControl (NBFC) on our laptop.
It was a miracle and not a program! With its complete set is immediately ready configuration files for different Note, including under our UX51VZA. Each configuration file has already made the most appropriate policy settings of the fans for each specific model of laptop. The program can be set to autostart, and forget about it, and along with the noise of the fan. Up to 50 В° C are generally fans, and you can surf the internet or work in Exel and other office programs with complete silence. I never thought that everything is so simple and fun.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6c34bd33ac55...APNc-4e4i7-KxOw
Download the latest version 0.14.4.60 beta. The configuration file for our UX51VZA is included. The program is smart, and during installation it will immediately select it. You do not need to configure anything, just after installation, put the program shortcut in startup.
thankKlem66
SmallFAQ to configure NoteBook Fan Control

A little more about NoteBook Fan Control.

After starting and selecting the UX51VZA profile in the window that opens, set AutoFan Control - Enabled.

We see the thermal table set by default for our laptop by the author of the program.
The program monitors the temperature of the processor. Judging by experience, the north bridge is slightly hotter, the discrete graphics card is colder (even in games).

If desired, the table can be adjusted. To do this, select the desired item in the table, set the upper and lower threshold temperature values,
set the fan speed as a percentage of the maximum slider at the top and click the "update" button (above the table to the right).
If you need to add a row to the table, first set all the parameters, then press the "+" button.

I set 50-0 - 0%; 55-50 - 14.3%; 60-55 - 28.6%; 65-60 - 42.9%, then at the discretion of BIOS (set by the fan speed slider, moved to the extreme position).
What do the numbers in the table mean? Let's say 55-50 - 14.3% - it means that starting from 55 degrees the fans operate at 14.3% of the maximum speed,
and when it reaches 50 degrees it goes to a lower level (50-0; in this case, it turns off). If 60-55 - starting from 60 degrees of revolution - 28.6%, when cooled to 55
transition to a lower level (55-50; 14.3%). With other modes it is similar.

When you turn on the program, a tray icon (displaying the temperature of the processor) appears. By right-clicking on it, check if the option "Start with Windows" (autoload) is checked.

By default (with a factory thermal table), the fan speed did not fall below 25%, and this is quite noisy.
Thanks to the use of this program in idle mode (and under light load), the laptop is successfully cooled in a passive manner.

Drivers

Post has been editedstp101 - 24.05.18, 17:03
Reason for editing: New header. AndrewP_one rule cap

It should be clearly understood that the model is not the mass of its price.
And expect a rapid development in a particular subject, it is meaningless.
All the same, I do not like consumer goods. :)

Rep: (28)
He would like U500, but just can not understand what difference with asus ux52?

Rep: (44)
La Doberman,
Yeah, me too.
And still I do not understand why Russian online Asus current touch version
And it is sold in a pair of obscure and there Magazov current 4GB operatives.
Even I did not understand about the description of the machine in a hat - there's one or two SSD in raid?

sriver

One SSD divided into two, running in RAID 0 format.

We in Ukraine u500 only prizentovali!
Price 128 SSD + 500GB worth $ 1,700

Waiting SSD + Touch 512)

La Doberman,
I doubt that we need a touch.
I imagine how bad sitting at the table to poke a finger in laptop =) and the hand gets tired quickly.
But it's your business.

I also understand that such is not convenient ... But if the price will be $ 100-200 + then it is not the amount of money on this ... so Flagship flagship) Full minced)

Especially Win8 sharpened by a touch screen, and I think with him, I forget about the touchpad)

La Doberman,

Ok tell how vzmoesh sensations.

Rep: (0)
Hello. I have been following this model, from the moment of presentation. Model really promising, a direct competitor MBPR, as if there yablokofily not screaming, saying that not all that. In addition, U500 wins in many respects, yes MBPR higher performance characteristics of the display, but at the moment of this resolution, there is no sense, for it has very little adapted programs.
Assembling them is the same, both all-metal, both with transverse cooling system, disks are the same, processor and video too, but at the ICQ 2 times more video RAM, 3 USB 3.0 to 2 at the Mac, built-in Ethernet jack (at the poppy there, it is necessary to re-buy an adapter for the extra money), Asus have excellent equipment, everything you need is there and the external drive and the adapter and the sub. So for the poppy is the main competitor.

As for the version of the U500 with a touchscreen. I was plagued by vague doubts on why offs. site features touch immediately. version. Apparently gifted comrades from Asus originally procured version without stitch for running and exhibitions, and then get the first reviews and testimonials modernized it and made the most adapted for the W8. Over the sale of a touch. version in some obscure online store - this is fake, in fact, they are selling non-touch, even the images on their sites nonsensory model, even in the Russian off. ASUS site mixed image sensor and nonsensory modifications. To date, I have personally found only one review and real pictures U500 Touch it black frame around the screen, and not purple like the regular version.
Who are interested here is the link
http://www.pcinpact.com/news/75354-zenbook...k-156-dasus.htm

As for its advantages over conventional, it is at least better security and solidity. On the touch screen is usually a protective glass. So even if you're not going to poke at the screen, it is an extra protection will not hurt exactly, but for one it is already possible to pay.

Rep: (14)
If there is a touch screen, 4GB operatives is that bad. The question is under load in games such as will heat up the screen probably due stitch ?! If I confuse something - tell ...

The survey clearly shows that the 8 gigabytes of RAM. What is written on the websites is not true, on the ASUS website also states clearly that the on-board (raspayanaya memory) 4GB + DIMM module up to 4 GB.
Then, what is the relationship between the touchscreen and heating? The presence sensor component for heating not seem affected. Here is the screen resolution and the number of LED backlight yes.

Thanks for the link!

Wow ... Black frame voosche tin! IPS and touch matte screen! It looks much better! And about the glass agree monolithic cover + defense + easier to care (without frame)
And the difference in 100Evro between touch and no, I do not think that will be the deciding factor)

Definitely wait Touch: yes2:

Ps These buns. but would still original bag)) Asus (one of the few firms) likes to equip them their new laptop .. But what about the bag at all quiet ...

Post has been editedLa doberman - 03.12.12, 00:17

The people and the matte finish on the touch version is? or gloss as tablets.

The link above says that the Touch matt.

La Doberman,
Akioray

Hmm .... tachem with model looks very even nothing can be hurried and took no stitch, but on the other hand nothing I regret.
Nout = continues to make) have been working in two offices periodically receive with a in one well, in addition to sometimes work was playing without the pale =)
Now I start to think about the purchase of external memory to 500GB nouta because nowadays nothing.
The most important thing that pulls no problems FM2013 and the more I think and do not need for the next 5 years, I have decided on noutom.
I went on a business trip with a subject there himself showed great, very easy to work how to create presentations, business proposals, and to demonstrate
clients connecting to the projector.
Generally until the flight is great !!!

Doberman, well, what about matte stitch do not know, no information, and that there are very contradictory, I mat stitch have not yet seen. The more protective glass is on any gloss, so here comes one now - to put the touch version of the matrix with the higher performance that probably in the Asus did.

J-Fox, I think you have something no reason to worry, you already have the most advanced universal laptop at the moment. Its design is flawless, I would not have thought of anything better, then the latest engineering solutions, so for you can only be happy. As for the touch version, it is something wins of course, but it is likely to be a glossy screen, but it is what is called an amateur. Again, the performance characteristics of the matrix in touch. version still unknown, if they leave the same, it is in conjunction with the touch layer and the glossy glass will significantly play mat in good light.

So it is not yet known, it is better. To you I have here what, please, please lay out screenshots from the Windows Experience Index, well, how many points it scored processor graphics card, etc.

Post has been editedAkioray - 03.12.12, 19:03

Akioray

Thank you for the flattering, very nice! : Blush:
At your request, I post the print screen.
Attached Image

4.11.4. The use of BMP format for screenshots is forbidden!

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 03.12.12, 21:49
Reason for editing: change file with bmp to jpg, [/ SPOILER], rules.

Google translation of the links above:
The manufacturer has informed us that both versions will be available at the end: IPS or IPS sensor mat and therefore covered with a thin layer of glass. Note that in both cases, the definition will be in full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels).

And like the photo shows that the touch matte ...

We are waiting for a buyer Touch version .. Or review stitch can anyone see it?

By the way a good view from the video .. But also not Touch ...http://www.ultrabookreview.com/1948-asus-z...ok-u500-review/

And U500 forumhttp://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/68579...ad-core-i7.html
On the last. pp. They also hunt for tachem
Complaints about the fans

And the forum to combat U500 (W7 installation, etc.)http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-revie...ers-lounge.html

Post has been editedLa doberman - 03.12.12, 20:30

Rep: (14)
Cons stitch:
1) Gloss
2) 4GB
3) A is convenient to you? After all, he is not transformed! (Even lie down on the couch do not get uncomfortable, and do not care that windows 8 for the sensor!)
4) I think it will heat up the screen in the game!
5) It should be more expensive (slightly)

What do you say to that?

On all counts: not the fact!

5) have written :) Not much

We wait and see, and then ....

Personally, I'll wait)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/01/19, 2:45