SGS3 Easy UMS version: 1.8 Last update of the program in the header:20.11.2012 For the operation of the program requires root user rights. Short description:
Mounting an external memory card Samsung Galaxy S3 as a removable drive on your PC.Description:
As it is known, in the ICS firmware and above lost the opportunity to mount the memory card as a removable drive on your PC. Instead, there was the MTP, which is not always easy to use. SGS3 Easy UMS corrects this misunderstanding, allowing to mount the external (only outside!) Smartphone memory card as a removable disk.
To do this, install the application, run, connect your smartphone to your computer and click UMS mode button. When this external card is unmounted in the device. Upon completion of all the necessary actions pull out your smartphone from your computer and click the button Mount card. To switch back to the MTP mode, press the button MTP.Developer:
Kopfgeldjaeger Homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1711009 Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...jaeger.donation Russian interface:
Not Download: version: 1.8 SGS3-Easy-UMS-v1.8.apk
(63.46 Kb) Download APK
- added support for third lun file, should work with GT-I9305 (Intl LTE version) now
- fixed recognition failure if "mount" output contained "on" as the second column (e.g. Siyah kernels)
- fixed code so that it (hopefully!) Works with recent CM10 versions again
- made some error messages clearer
- drop of "beta" name does not actually mean much by the way, but I think it looks a bit cleaner this way and does not make a difference
- added support for CM10 sd card paths (/ mnt / external_sd and / mnt / sdcard1)
- added alternative method for users without s3c-usbgadget (may work on US versions)
- rewrote the whole logic
- now opens Play Store entry of BusyBox if it is not yet installed
- notifies user if device seems to lack s3c-usbgadget module
- notifies user which apps are accessing the extSdCard
- generally better and more precise error messages
- added info about busybox requirement (maybe this will be removed later)
- added link to donation app
- Automatically tries to unmount extSdCard before starting UMS mode. This will fail if some app is accessing it, so just wait or cancel that app if you know it and try again - possibly several times. This prevents the potential data loss with previous versions.
- It now checks the location of the extSdCard device. This should help with compabilty, e.g. for US versions.
- Added some log output and toasts (2s delay)
- Added link to this thread and version number in app
- It's a beta so please beware, but I think the worst probable thing that can happen is that it does not work (e.g. it does not start UMS if it can not unmount the extSdCard).
- Dammit, the whole day is already over
- Added option for going back to MTP
- Initial release
Post has been editedzin-renat - 24.11.12, 17:44
version: 1.7 SGS3-Easy-UMS-v1.7.apk
(63.38 KB) version: 1.1 SGS3_Easy_UMS_v1.1.apk
Reason for editing: the application is updated to version 1.8