> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-N5100 Galaxy Note 8.0 - Discussion | The tablet

Rep: (373)
DiscussionSamsung GT-N5100 Galaxy Note 8.0
PictureSamsung GT-N5100 Galaxy Note 8.0, GT-N5110, GT-N5120
Description | FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | games and apps | Samsung Galaxy Note Owners Club
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Off topic posts removed.
    If your message related to accessories, then it was moved to the appropriate topic.
  • Before posting images, read the topic. Working with Images on the forum

utility
how to use samsung test menu *#0*#
[YouTube] Parsing Device
http://www.samsung.com/en/consumer/mobile-.../GT-N5100ZWASER
Getting ROOT - through Framaroot
Adding applications to the multiWindow panel
Another multi-window mode
CustomizationLTE YOTA
Power consumption devices

Connecting an external modem via an OTG cable.
Instructions for setting up LTE using the programShowServiceMode
Run ShowServiceMode.
Uncheck "Use the recommended setting"
Choose Testing: TestingSettings
Click "Run with the above settings choosed"
In the window that appears, select the "Device Information"
In the next window, "Device Information", in the drop-down menu (before the "Turn off radio" button)
Choose "LTE only". Press "back" to close the application. Everything. Enjoy the use of the gadget :-)
Additional information on this question can be found here.Connect and configure 4G (LTE) on smartphones

Interesting tweakerWanam Xposed. I need a root.
Instructions for adding multi-window applications to the window that cannot be placed there in a regular way.
Parallel use of the OTG function and charging device.
Full set of device service manuals.
Work spen. In German, but more or less clear.
Installing on the lock screen live wallpaper, different from those that are on the desktop. I need a root.

Drawing programs

note

Q The tablet from some cables microSSB is charging, but not from others. What is the reason?
BUT The differences between the cables are in the cross section of the conductors, those cables that you do not “charge” simply with a small cross section and high resistance, therefore there is no charging. Take a good branded cable is not for 3 pennies.
Q How to make a screenshot?
BUT 1. Simultaneously press the on / off keys and "home"
2. Hold the edge of the palm on the screen from left to right or from right to left (this feature can be disabled in the settings in the "Motions" section)
3. Long tap on the screen with the stylus holding the button.
Q Miraculously got into factory mode. How to get out of it?
BUT Take advice from this post .
Q How to transfer cash games to an external memory card?
A Take advantage of the program Foldermount -All works great. But with it you can run games, the cache of which you copied directly to the memory card! Without moving from the internal memory. Read the header of this program.

Please discuss the accessories incorresponding topic games and apps here. All questions about them are transferred there.

Dear users, be mutually polite,say "thank you" by increasing your reputation ( Picture) If you do not have 15 more useful posts, ask to raise your reputation by pressing the buttonA complaintunder the message of the one who helped you.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedMalfurion - 07.01.19, 18:36
Reason for editing: Marriage and Repair

Full FAQ now onDevFAQ
HOT FAQ

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5100
GT-N5110
GT-N5120

Before the purchase.
1. As you received the device, first check if the seal on the box is torn off (white sticker connecting the lid with the box).
2. After opening, check for external defects (advice from KO)
3. After turning on the device, dial * # 0 * # in the phone and run through all the tests. If you have a model without 3G (GT-N5110), then to use the codes, you need to use a calculator, to do this, enter(+30012012732+ (brackets are required), then * # 0 * #, etc.
Taken from:http: //forum.xda-developers.comMANDATORY! For more information, read the topic.purchases

Reviews
Discussion on XDA
Benchmarks
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/25/mw...let-with-a-pen/
http://youtu.be/JIhidBqYcZM- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On
http://www.ferra.ru/ru/epads/news/2013/02/...-8-0-iPad-mini/compared to iPad mini
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2013/mwc...axy-note8.shtml- First look from mobile-review
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2013/mwc...cessories.shtmlMore accessories (from Murtazina)
http://youtu.be/CwbM2lVSvKIreview from Droider.ru
Gaming with examples Asphalt 7, Modern Combat 3, Temple Run 2 & Subway Surfers
Sample video from camera # 1 Sample video from camera # 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJB1k4_nMMg
http://habrahabr.ru/company/smartgadget/blog/181424/

What is the difference between Rostest and Eurotest? Warranty?
The European version differs from the Russian one:
• warranty
• in the version for England, charging under their outlet
• foreign firmware (the only difference is that some do not have Russian)

The official warranty of Samsung in Russia for a European device - NO!

But:
- there is no fundamental difference, both in hardware and in software;
- there are no differences in the quality of the assembly, as they are produced at the same factories (under the control of Samsung).

How to determine the date of manufacture of the device?
The production date is encoded in the serial number, in the positions under the serial numbers 4 and 5, counting from the left:
The fourth determines the year: R - 2001, T - 2002, W - 2003, X - 2004, Y - 2005; A, L - 2006, M - 2007, Q - 2008, S - 2009, Z - 2010, B - 2011, C - 2012, D - 2013 (there is no pattern, therefore the future 2014 is unknown)
The 5th determines the month: 1 - January, 2 - February, 3 - March, 4 - April, 5 - May, 6 - June, 7 - July, 8 - August, 9 - September, A - October, B - November, C - December

Where can I get the user manual?
From the official Samsung website

Why is one amount of memory written in the characteristics, and less available?
A little climbs under the "system disk".
Also with RAM from 2GB, ~ 560mb is occupied

Is it convenient to read books and comics (manga) from it?
Completely

Does the phone support MHL interface?
Yes. Supports.

MHL - (Eng. Mobile High-Definition Link) is a new standard for mobile audio-video interface that combines the functionality of HDMI and MicroUSB interfaces, which is used to directly connect mobile devices to TVs and monitors that support high resolution Full HD. The mhl connector supports high resolution video transmission, while simultaneously charging a connected mobile device.

Rules of operation of lithium batteriesLithium Batteries - Operating Rules(just add a link from note2)

Is there a USB Host?
Yes. Of course.

Naturally, not all devices with USB will work in Host mode with the phone:
The first limitation is, of course, phone support for a particular device.
Basically, the phone may not support the device due to the lack of a driver in the firmware.
The second limitation is the power of the device. If the phone "does not pull", then the message "Hight-power USB device connected" comes out (Not on all firmware)

USB Host OTG (abbr. From On-The-Go) is a further extension of the USB 2.0 specification, designed to easily connect USB peripheral devices to each other without the need to connect to a PC.
That is, we can connect a USB flash drive, mouse, keyboard, card reader, etc. to the phone.

How to extend the time from one charge?
1. Disable sync.
2. Disable live wallpapers (it is better to put a static, completely black background).
3. Do not keep GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GSM enabled when you are not using them (although GPS and Wi-Fi use virtually no power when not used by applications).
Note: If you use Navigation, do not turn off the GPS (when Naviprogs are not active, it practically does not affect power consumption), otherwise there will be a long start - searching for satellites.
4. Set the display brightness to minimum.

Can I use the device while charging?

You can, but the charging time will increase depending on the use.
Note: Use only original chargers and laces.

When using non-original charging, the touchscreen does not respond to pressing. What to do?

It is recommended to replace the charge. And better on the original kit (device and connection cord). However, nothing really terrible will happen, but use this exercise only in extreme cases.

I can not record a movie on a flash drive, but NTFS tab does not accept. What is the last century?
We recommend formatting microSD to exFAT
And for reading NTFS, if you have root, you can useParagon NTFS & HFS +

There is no Russian language in the keyboard. How to add a language?
In the standard keyboard, press the button with gear (parameters) - input languages. The downloaded (English) and available for download (when the Internet is turned on) languages ​​are displayed, you are looking for "Russian", tap it, it will load, a check mark is put on it and that's it. Swipe through the space you can change languages.

Is it convenient to take notes on the go?
If Note is comfortable in the palm, then quite.

How to restore an earlier version of synchronization with Samsung Account
Syncing with your Samsung account is not working reliably! Either use other programs for notes, contacts and calendar (because the problem applies to all Samsung account data), or keep a backup copy of the data in some alternative cloud service.
Details:Start of discussion, Decision

Do all pen functions remain with film gluing?
All is well. And with matte and glossy. The pen functions are saved, the degree of depression is recognized normally.

How to fix mp3 cracks in the player?
Take advantage ofRus Tag Fixeror change the encoding to UTF-16
More here

Post has been editedCreit - 21.09.13, 21:26
Reason for editing: moved to DevFAQ

Rep: (47)
And what is the number of pixels per inch (PPI) at 1280 x 800 and the screen size is 8 "...?

Rep: (16)
And what is the number of pixels per inch (PPI) at 1280 x 800 and the screen size is 8 "...?

root (1280 ^ 2 + 800 ^ 2): 8 =188

Rep: (374)
M
Please do not flood. Who wants to compare tablets, welcome toSelection and Comparison

Rep: (0)
There was a photo in comparison with Nout 2. The screen seems to be not bad.

Rep: (1302)
Jester31101,
Why should they replace the phone? O_o
It will be taken as a tablet for an Internet game and draw, only compact as opposed to big note, and all things. For example, I do not need it at all as a phone. But why is it a phone design? it's a mystery.
But I'm interested in the tablet orientation at the bottom of the control buttons will be or just on the phone?

Rep: (32)
There are a bunch of uses for the stylus. From the time when resistive screens were ceased to be made on the winmob, until the appearance of the first laptop, I climbed with a bunch of papers, notebooks and pencils. And then, as a deer, he sat at the computer and transferred the records there. Sometimes with dirty hands it’s reluctant to poke at the screen, because there is no possibility to wipe it, but you need to make records. Stylus taxis, not everyone needs it, but he has his own percentage of fans. The weak battery on the eight is not ice. If on the second laptop under the extended battery would make normal covers, would take without hesitation, and I wanted to sneeze at 4 centimeters thick and half a kilo of weight.
P.S. Yes, I have a car, and sometimes I spend 6 hours a day in it, but constantly poking the charger pulls me up, and in the summer I want to ride a tick, listen to the player, take calls and not think when the battery sits, at home or when I’ll order something then explain, in parallel rummaging through the remote server in his server.

Rep: (4)
Good day to all. If you take only with Wi-fi, then you will not call him anymore?

Tot Samyi @ 11.02.2013, 22:29*
Only with Wi-fi, then you will not call him?

You can not call, and in Skype you can via Wifi.

And here's another interesting, S pen will be popped like a note 2 or note 10? Judging by the buttons, like notes2. Hmm, rather more a smart phone smartphone.

Post has been editedlionsha - 11.02.13, 22:49

Rep: (43)
minisite 8.0http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note8.0/

until recently, he hoped that the edges would be smaller, like in ipad mini ...

Rep: (79)
until recently, he hoped that the edges would be smaller, like in ipad mini ...

I don’t know, on the contrary, my Glalaxy Tab 7.7 has wide edges that are comfortable, you can grab them without fear that you will press something. And they are not so wide to look not harmonious.

Well, and this, with the iPad mini aspect ratio at the 4: 3 screen approximately, and in order to reduce the size of the device, they made thin edges on the long side. And the Samsung and so the aspect ratio is normal, 16: 9, what for goat bayan? It will look like a stick long, not a tablet.

Post has been editedShurikz - 24.02.13, 09:55

This is because the tablet for reading should be 4: 3

Do not forget to add IMHO;) In my opinion, it should be 16: 9.

Like they said 16:10, for a resolution of 1280x800.

Well, perhaps not the point, 16:10 and 16: 9 differences are minor. In any case, not 4: 3.

Post has been editedShurikz - 24.02.13, 10:38

Shurikz I’ll start: I don’t like the screen, completely and in all respects, I don’t like the old percent of note2, I don’t like the wide frames (in Tab 7.7, the frames are normal, I’m completely satisfied) they are different, they don’t like the camera, the battery, the thickness and design of the whole, or rather his absence. It’s better to keep silent about the program part, if in the Nexus 7 the debility interface easily switches to a normal tablet, then it will not work because of ... KEYS (what was in the heads of the developers?).
About plastic - I already got used to it and for me it’s not critical

The ideal would be to update the filling 7.7 to modern and add a tray of the stylus. All this is all that was required of the samsa, but they did not do that either.
It now remains to wait for c4 and the new nexus 7

Post has been editedCreit - 24.02.13, 11:28

Shurikz what exactly? About the presence of buttons or what having a root in jb the lower bar easily becomes like it is in ICS?

Creit, , I did not understand how in Note 8.0 the buttons would prevent the interface from turning into a “normal tablet”.

I don’t like the screen, completely and in all respects, I don’t like the old percent of note2, I don’t like the wide frames (in Tab 7.7, the frames are normal, I’m completely satisfied) they are different, I don’t like the camera, the battery, the thickness and the design

There are those who do not like superamaleds, percent did not suit? Is not enough power? Frames can and will not be convenient, we'll see, as well as the battery. But I do not think that it will be worse than the second or 10. When did samsa have a good camera and do you need it at all ?! To each his own. 5MP seems to be enough for me. And professionally fotkat tablet, this dibilizm, I apologize, of course. Hmm, but many didn’t like the design of the s3, and why did everyone grab it?

After all, do not please ....

Creit,
in the tablet form of the buttons on the screen will not, only if the firmware pick. Recently spoke here.

Rep: (1)
The screen resolution is not for 2013, especially since sales will begin in the 2nd quarter. So far, it will normally reach the counters, until the price settles down ... Here 1920 @ 1200 would make this tab relevant and balanced. And so - in half a year it will already be very morally obsolete because of the screen.

lionsha Well, yes, why do the onscreen buttons in it if there are physical ones? But I prefer the onscreen ones, at least on tablets.
Shurikz just the meaning will be in it, if there are buttons, like on the ancient Chinese tablets 2.3. Because of the buttons in it, the telephone interface, in fact, is just a big c3, ​​it would be better to take note 2 as the basis, it looks better.

just the meaning will be in it, if there are buttons, like on the ancient Chinese tablets 2.3.

Well, there is a fig and with them. Imho on the contrary it is convenient, the Home button to press when you need to wake up the tablet.

Because of the buttons in it, the telephone interface, in fact, is just a big c3

And where did you get that there will be a telephone interface and that it will be because of the buttons?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/06/19 19:22