Message#1
19.10.12, 17:37
MIUI dev
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1341
Check in: 23.03.11
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 3/32

Description |Discussion "| Purchase »| Accessories »| Firmware »|A source of information

[attachment = 2117320: release_hero [1]

Iron:
2 core Cortex-A15 with a frequency of 1.7 GHz;
Mali T604 4-core graphics, supporting OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 1.1 and DirectX 11;

The device connects to the Internet only via Wi-Fi, has a 11.6-inch screen, 16 GB of memory, 2 GB of RAM and Bluetooth. There is also an SD slot to increase the amount of memory. Chromebook weighs 1.13 kg, thickness - 2.03 cm, there are two USB-ports and HDMI-out. The time of his work, allegedly, will be 6 and a half hours.

Price issue $ 249 :)
[spoil = Additional Information]1. Links to "Description" | Purchase »| Accessories »| Firmware "fill in yourself if these topics are there. If they appeared later - click on the "Complaint" and provide links to them. You can create these topics yourself.
2. You can make your own "Description". How to do this, readhere.

3. ....
[/ spoil]

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedwmaster - 19.10.12, 17:39
spartanez06
Message#22
21.10.12, 19:09
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1780
Check in: 06.05.11
Google nexus 5

SDXC standard - up to 2b. Already have a 256Gb SDXC card.

And how much do they cost?
feLhage
Message#23
22.10.12, 21:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Check in: 22.10.12

It turns out that this is not a netbook?
What is its functionality? 2 cores, 2 gig for google and video only.
Yes, and Wi-Fi is scary. Installation of other axes possible?
Agent_ShmaT
Message#24
22.10.12, 22:00
Yellow Space Star
[offline]

Messages 1472
Check in: 06.02.10
Apple iPhone XR

feLhage
There is a video on youtube, where a chromebook of one of the past generations was launched under Windows 8.
As for communications, there is a version with 3G. But it costs more.

--------------------
OPN4

Fiio X3II, Sony MDR10RC, Audio Technica AR3BT download

You can create your own world. The world of that which cannot be, in which there will be a little more love, the laws will be wiser, and people will be a little kinder, freer and happier.
feLhage
Message#25
22.10.12, 22:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Check in: 22.10.12

Agent_ShmaT,
I will look, thanks.
On the website of Google they write about "work", meaning only docks, presentations and drawers?
It turns out that all programs are a standard set + google market? And then I do not quite understand.
Message#26
23.10.12, 08:00
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 17
Check in: 14.08.11

Is there a USB there? What problems then the drive and 3g can stuck and the device for travel is ready
Agent_ShmaT
Message#27
23.10.12, 09:41
Yellow Space Star
[offline]

Messages 1472
Apple iPhone XR

feLhage
Ubuntu can be accurately delivered, there is even an instruction.
In fact, yes. All programs are a standard set, plus Chrome Store. By the way, if you are interested, you can try offline typing right on your computer. To do this, you need to download the Electronic Notepad application in the Chrome Store in the Chrome browser. By the way, offline-mode is in Google Docs. How to turn it on - readhere.

--------------------
OPN4
Fiio X3II, Sony MDR10RC, Audio Technica AR3BT
You can create your own world. The world of that which cannot be, in which there will be a little more love, the laws will be wiser, and people will be a little kinder, freer and happier.
ellredbull
Message#28
23.10.12, 20:33
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 27.09.10
Google galaxy nexus

Offline, you can safely play in the arcades, watch movies and listen to music
Do you want to do the documents and edit photos
All infa is in the search engine
Agent_ShmaT
Message#29
23.10.12, 22:36
Yellow Space Star
[offline]

Messages 1472
Apple iPhone XR

I now wonder whether it will appear in Russia, and if it does, when and at what price. There is no information on the Internet yet. On the official page the purchase is available only in the USA and the UK.

--------------------
OPN4
Fiio X3II, Sony MDR10RC, Audio Technica AR3BT
ellredbull
Message#30
24.10.12, 20:20
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 27.09.10
Google galaxy nexus

I hope as the nexus 7 will be in a coherent 9990 for 16GB)
Griffon
Message#31
26.10.12, 22:53
Local
[offline]

Messages 117
Check in: 10.10.07
Meizu M5 3/32

Yes, you can run (!) And not put ubuntu and open-ended. Opensuse is starting without X, stupidly on-line teams. But definitely finish it.
This companion puts Opensusehttps://plus.google.com/u/0/103092666279088875227
This fellow puts Ubuntuhttps://plus.google.com/109993695638569781190

Iron is interesting because there is passive cooling and solid-state memory. In practice, it means that there is not a single moving part, and no electric motor steals milliwatts. I really look forward to when it is normal on OpenSus to finish with X and the built-in modem. So far, all the pre-orders have been removed, Google is officially selling it through Amazon and several other sites. Himself to carry - a little expensive.

--------------------
Expensive, to order I drink vodka
teppeli
Message#32
26.10.12, 23:04
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 26
Check in: 19.03.11

It's funny that in Android devices Google tries to destroy memory cards, and in ChromeOS it suffers them.
The device is very interesting, you can get a good typewriter. Only the battery is frustrating (today the work of more than 7.5 hours is no longer such a rarity, in the absence of HDD and passive cooling it is not impressive) and, as is customary, a weak TN screen. In the year when IPS stands on any, even the tiniest Chinese tablet, I don’t understand such savings.

--------------------
SGSII CyanogenMod 10.1; New iPad 6.1.2 Jailbreak
Vladimir ^
Message#33
04.11.12, 10:10
User
[offline]

Messages 94
Check in: 13.08.12
LG Optimus Black

It seems to me that it is possible to buy a netbook on an atom for the same money, and there will be much more profit? Look, you won’t see any shooters there, and if you don’t see Mali. And you can run anything on a netbook the stalker ran, nfs (by the way, the NFSWorld in GoogleStore is a wonderful thing). I would still take a netbook on Windows, IMHO it is pravoslano

--------------------
We are what we do ..
genix
Message#34
27.11.12, 22:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 221
Check in: 22.01.06
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

I ordered it myself at bestbuy, after being prodinamini on Amazon for three weeks. Judging by the reviews, it promises to be no worse than the first versions of a Chromebook (I have two in my family, one already has a damaged case). Only here, UPS, judging by the speed, sent it to the states on its own. Week promise delivery in America. Pipets

And netbooks on Atom, I'm fed up, thanks. Yes, and $ 250 for a piece of iron on a modern ARM is just a gift (only Acer is cheaper for $ 200 with a short battery life)

Post has been editedgenix - 27.11.12, 22:15
Nikita87
Message#35
03.12.12, 20:38
Local
[offline]

Messages 183
Check in: 07.01.11

Vladimir ^ @ 11/04/2012, 09:10*
It seems to me that it is possible to buy a netbook on an atom for the same money, and there will be much more profit? Look, you won’t see any shooters there, and if you don’t see Mali. And you can run anything on a netbook the stalker ran, nfs (by the way, the NFSWorld in GoogleStore is a wonderful thing). I would still take a netbook on Windows, IMHO it is pravoslano

Inside Google Chrome Browser and so many toys ... There are gaming consoles for games ... And for ChromeBooka to work, it will be with its head (Office online, Browser and good autonomy) ... And in extreme cases You can throw a full-fledged Ubuntu!
genix
Message#36
22.12.12, 20:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 221
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

So my gift came from Santa ... Should I make a brief review? )
aidarik
Message#37
22.12.12, 22:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 641
Check in: 15.12.07
LeEco Le Max 2 4/64

of course do it.
We are interested in the usability of the device in the hands, which matrix (TN or IPA type), speed, does our cellular frequency support (if the model is with 3G).
Is the case material metal or plastic?
How did you get this machine "there"? After all, like BestBuy does not give you the opportunity to buy it with a Russian card? And at what price they took? On ebee prices start at $ 360 for a model with Wi Fi.
I want to have a bedside light machine for movies, music form factor laptop.
In memory, a similar device was from Toshiba (With Tegra 2 inside) - Toshiba AC100 (116-AC117-AC118).

Post has been editedaidarik - 22.12.12, 22:25

--------------------
O2 XDA Flame, SE HBH-DS970; Holux M1000;Samsung i750 (WM2003SE);RoverPC Q7 + 2Gb MicroSD;Sams GT I8910; ACER M900 + 8Gb MicroSD;SE X10i; Sams i8510 8Gb; headphones Jabra BT3030, SE MW600, HTC HD2, Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T, Huawei MediaPad 7, Sams Ativ S ...
genix
Message#38
23.12.12, 13:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 221
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

First of all, you need to realize that this is a $ 250 laptop. With that, the average ultrabook starts more likely from $ 900. I bought first of all on ARM inside (it's interesting to touch and I think that Intel will have to move in this market) and I just wanted to upgrade to my previous Chromebook. And the output to the projector here is HDMI instead of VGA. Well, the price, of course, bribed :) I ordered a version without 3G, only WiFi, but what is embarrassing that the USIM slot is present - how can this be ?. I have a CR48 with 3G, but still I moved to a separate 3G / WiFi mobile router, for gadgets without 3G they usually have more than one with them.

I bought at BestBuy, because Amazon has been a dynamic for three weeks with delivery (was not available). I had to go to the trick - to indicate the American billing address and telephone number and everything worked. Visa card issued by VTB24.

Well, after the comparison with the CR48 (by the way, I have two of them, my wife also uses them), which I moved from the MacBook 13 "Unibody almost two years ago.

ChromeBook came in an elegant large box, clearly larger in size than the laptop itself inside.
Delivery standard - carcass, charging, fast manual in 10 languages ​​(no Russian), round sticker with Chrome logo about 15 cm in diameter. The battery is not removable. Charging is done on "all the money", the wires are very thin, let's see how long it will last. It feels about how the wires of mobile phone chargers (in CR48 in this regard is rather thick, nice cable).

To the touch, the CR48 produces a more pleasant impression. Samsung is covered with silver plastic, which probably will resemble metal from afar (when open, the laptop looks like a MacBook Air). There is nothing to reproach, but the rubberization (or whatever the material) at the first Chromebook I liked more. Maybe just a matter of preference.

The keyboard for the Chromebook line, apparently dictated by Google. Because both Samsung and CR48 have identical layouts - which is very pleased. And considering that Samsung doesn’t feed you with bread, give me some garbage to insert into the layout - this is even a big plus (thanks to Google for taking care of us). Tactile sensations also did not disappoint - were at the level of expectations. There is no button illumination again. It is clear that only the English alphabet is on the keyboard, but I already have the 6th laptop from America and the qwerty phones are the same, so I’m never embarrassed once.

The display is also saved. In CR48, it is more physically, at the maximum level of illumination it looks brighter, more pleasant is the white color (background).
Samsung has barely noticeable gray stripes on a white background, if you look closely. Mostly ordinary cheap display.

The touchscreen is large (relatively) for its size, made a single button (as in poppies). But pressing makes not such a noble sound, as it was in CR48. I can find fault.

I can’t say anything about the battery - it’s not yet fully discharged (the first cycle after charging). Now the built-in indicator shows that 58% is left and approximately 5 hours and 40 minutes. But it must be borne in mind that at night I worked on it with minimal illumination.

There are no fans, cooling seems to be passive, when you try to watch HD videos from youtube via HDMI, it heats up a little under the keyboard. There is no thermometer, but a little warmer than body temperature (probably up to 40 degrees). In the mode of working with the browser or just on (it is connected to wifi all the time) the temperature corresponds to room temperature.

On the back wall of the port are USIM (closed with a lid), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, power connection (why they carried it there - it is not clear, it would be better left at the side). To the left of the keyboard are headphones and a closed SD slot (it's called the Multi Card in the documentation).

What resolution of the camera at Samsung I will not tell, but removes better than similar at CR-48. We checked with my wife, calling each other from two devices. Next to the camera is a microphone, a camera indicator and a light sensor.

Most of all concerns were about performance (yet this is ARM, we must remember). But so far no serious comments. Not a top-end processor from Intel of course (which, I am sure, will give up its place in the desktop and mobile segment very soon), but also better than the same Atom in CR48. I will try to load it more to understand how it is in general. Benchmark and unpretentious seems to be faster CR48.

The software is standard for solutions of this line - Chrome OS. For me, this is the biggest plus of this solution (the next in importance is keyboard convenience and battery life). A couple of years ago it became clear that most of the time I spend on the Internet (up to 20 hours a day): either these are web services (google mail, calendar, docs, talk / hangout, music, youtube and also a lot of sites not from Google, but also running in a browser) or remote ssh console =) Both are best covered by Chrome OS.
I often shake, and even in the junction, the Web only piece of hardware is enough for me. I hope you know about the fact that google mail and google docs (drive) can work with documents offline?

In general, I am satisfied, considering that this is a cheap laptop (saved wherever we could). I think it makes no sense to take it for experiments with OS, for now there will be a wave of this kind of “general” purpose solutions.

P. $ .: and now the most interesting. Documentation in 10 languages, without Russian. And on the back wall there was found such a sticker that put me in a stupor.

Attached Image

Google is up to something?

Post has been editedgenix - 23.12.12, 14:05
gurenn
Message#39
23.12.12, 18:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 358
Check in: 05.07.11
RoverPad Air S70

genix,
Is it worth taking a chromebook instead of a bedside tablet?
Well, there to sit in the internet, watch movies sometimes.
How can a media player really use it? pick up the external screw gigov on 640 2.5 inch?
and what about the speakers? Is there any stereo effect?

--------------------
Anton1007
Message#40
23.12.12, 18:53
Student
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 1134
Check in: 05.10.10
Apple iPhone X

M
The topic has been moved to the “Netbooks” section.
genix
Message#41
23.12.12, 20:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 221
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

Gurenn @ 12/23/2012, 7:28 PM*
Is it worth taking a chromebook instead of a bedside tablet?
Well, there to sit in the internet, watch movies sometimes.
For myself, I share devices on which it is convenient to generate content for a long time in a row and devices on which it is convenient to absorb it.
This of course does not mean that this is the ultimate rule, but the Transformer Prime tablet, even if using a keyboard docking station, is still better for a bedside function than a laptop. Touchscreen here taxis =)
How can a media player really use it?

I think that with a stretch. He plays music, of course, and youtube plays, but I don’t know about which movie formats the Chrome browser supports.
pick up the external screw gigov on 640 2.5 inch?
If you format it into something standard - it will pick up, I think. Flash drives then he recognizes
and what about the speakers? Is there any stereo effect?
I listened to the online radio through it, at the maximum volume the speaker already wheezes, and what can I want from such a thin body?
Google is actively promoting the idea of ​​affordable laptops, from the breakdown or loss of which nothing will change (I already have three Chrome OS devices at home and home grabs the one that is closer and works with it). I definitely like this concept)

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 23.12.12, 20:41
Reason for editing: deleted line spacing.

8 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 6:45 AM