txtr beagle - Discussion of the device | E-ink vizplex

Rep: (88)
Discussiontxtr beagle
Picturetxtr beagle
Discussion пїЅ | Description

TXTR beagle

Attached Image

TXTR beagle was conceived and developed in the sense that readers are mainly used to read digital books. Thus, the product designation read | only в„ў. TXTR beagle for anyone who wants an easy-to-use, stylish, lightweight device with excellent display features for reading.
Only 100cc, the beagle TXTR is the smallest reader in the world. It is basically only 5 mm thick. With a volume of just 100 cubic centimeters, the TXTR is the smallest of the reader books in the world. It weighs only 128 grams making it easy among the 5 "or 6" E Ink readers in the world. This device fits easily in any pocket or purse. Unlike other readers, there is no need for chargers and cables. The location of the batteries not only creates an elegant silhouette, but also becomes an ergonomic function, how easily it rests on the palm of your hand.
No chargers. No cables. No hassle.
Read more than 1 year
TXTR beagle does not have a backup mode: off. Turn on the device and start reading in a few seconds. With this concept, two AAA batteries allow you to read 12-15 books a year.
Photos, reviews and specifications txtr beagle
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews

Screen: 5 "E-Ink display with 8 levels of gray and a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels.
Weight: 128 g (including battery), 111 g (without batteries)
Dimensions: 140 x 105 x 4.8 mm (14 mm in the range of the battery), Volume: 100 cm 3
Power consumption and battery life: Battery life (approx.): More than a year.
Recommended battery type: AAA, 1.5V lithium, alkaline or rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. With an average need to read 12-15 books per year. Actual battery life, depending on quality. Operating voltage: 3V
Indicator: Red and blue LED on the front side indicate the status of Bluetooth and battery power.
System requirements: To install the transfer of additional books from the personal library of TXTR beagle, you need (1) beagle TXTR and a smartphone to connect via Bluetooth and (2) TXTR Android application on your smartphone with a hound (currently in beta).
Memory: 4 GB, up to five pre-loaded books
Supported formats: All from a phone or from a computer of supported formats (for example, EPUB, PDF).
Package: TXTR beagle, 2 AAA batteries, quick start guide

Reader will be presented to the public after the New Year.

Post has been editedvadeus - 04.05.13, 08:49
Reason for editing: description

Rep: (3923)
Enough "muddy" device:
1. System RequirementsTo get more books from your library requires (1) pairingvia Bluetooth of smartphone (2) txtr Android app with beagle support.
Download booksBT only .
2. Memory4 GB. Number of books cached: Up to 5
Why 4 GB internal. memory, if you can store no more than 5 books? : shok:

The sale will be contracted if they enter into a contract with mobile operators. : wacko:

This sucks. : russian_ru:

Post has been editedvadeus - 18.10.12, 10:14

Rep: (67)
Strongly interested in this device, would gladly have acquired.
All the time, the smartphone is at hand, so it will not be a problem to drop a book on BT.
The main advantage is the price.

Rep: (612)
Seregapop @ 11/04/2012, 5:09 PM*
The main advantage is the price.

10 euros for the reader? for some reason it seems to me that this is no longer an advantage.
I would like to make a mistake.

Rep: (0)
When will this miracle go on sale?

Mozart23 @ 11/08/2012, 5:22 PM*
When will this miracle go on sale?

Vadeus @ 10/18/2012, 11:04*
The sale will be contracted if they enter into a contract with mobile operators.

vadeus, And what about mobile operators, if it can only bluetooth?

From all this you can learn the truth and rumors
Vadeus @ 10/18/2012, 09:04*
Download books only on BT.

True.
Why 4 GB internal. memory, if you can store no more than 5 books?

It can expand to more (P.S. at a cost of 10 euros, many will buy it and romodels (if there are such people, they will make a jailbreak with firmware via BT)
The sale will be contracted if they enter into a contract with mobile operators.

Gossip...

arturlip @ 11/08/2012, 7:39 PM*
Gossip...
[url = "http://liliputing.com/2012/10/txtr-introduces-beagle-ereader-calls-it-the-worlds-smallest.html"]

$ 9.90 ($ 13) in Germany for a wireless carrier. It’s not clear how to get the eReader without a contract. [/ Url]
Google translation:
The company plans to sell the beagle around € 9.90 ($ 13) in Germany - but this is the price of a model that is subsidized by a wireless carrier. It is not clear how much you should pay to get a reading room without a contract.

vadeus @ 11/08/2012, 6:30 PM*
is planning

There are different plans and no offs. applications for sale through the operator.

arturlip @ 11/08/2012, 5:39 PM*
at a cost of 10 euros, many will buy it and romodels (if such there will be a jailbreak with firmware via BT

at a cost of 10 euros, personally, I would have to mess with the firmware except from sports interest. at such a price it works - and already well. lived a year without special jambs and hemorrhoids - hip-hip-hooray!
however, I would not buy it, with such a screen.

Stopkin,
Stopkin @ 11/10/2012, 08:12*
lived a year without special jambs and hemorrhoids - hip-hip-hooray!

On two AAA batteries: happy:
Stopkin @ 11/10/2012, 08:12*
however, I would not buy it, with such a screen.

For 10 euros and so come down;)

arturlip @ 11/10/2012, 4:30 PM*
On two AAA batteries

they still had to write there that these 12-15 books / year are books for kids, pages 16-20, so that the child does not get tired. :)
arturlip @ 11/10/2012, 4:30 PM*
For 10 euros and so come down

my eyes disagree :)

Stopkin @ 11/10/2012, 15:29*
my eyes do not agree

There seems to be E-inc. Without harm to the eyes;)

arturlip, e-ink'i are different. SiPix, Vizplex, Pearl - this is all e-ink. but the difference is quite palpable. In the sub-reader, a screen with 8 grayscale is announced. I doubt that the substrate at the same time will be snow-white, for 10 euros.

That's what they wrote to me in the mail
Vielen Dank fr Ihr Interesse am txtr beagle!

Seit der Vorstellung des Produkts auf der Frankfurter Buchmesse haben wir eine berwltigende Reaktion erhalten.

Der txtr beagle wurde als ein Smartphone Begleiter entwickelt und wir hir, dass er fr Sie mglichst bald erhltlich sein wird. Wie bekannt gegeben, soll der txtr beagle als Bestandteil eines Mobilfunktarifs verkauft werden. Die Details hierzu knnen von Land zu Land variieren.

Im Moment sind wir in Gesprchen mit mehreren groen Mobilfunkbetreibern um Ihnen den txtr beagle Anfang 2013 anbieten zu knnen. Wir halten Sie darber auf dem Laufenden.

Um Ihnen fr Ihr, mhr

Wir haben 50 txtr beagles zu verschenken. Um einen davon gewinnen zu knnen, brauchen Sie nur Ihr txtr Profil vervollstndigen.

Translation of Google in English (so at least something is clear)
Thank you f? Your interest on txtr beagle!

пїЅпїЅ

Since the presentation of the book at the Frankfurt Book Fair, we have a Berw? Receive ltigende reaction.

пїЅпїЅ

The txtr beagle was developed as a smartphone companion, and we hope that he f? R m? Glichst soon erh? Be obtained by will. Beagle phone call. The details of this can k? Vary from country to country.

пїЅпїЅ

At the moment we are in conversation? Beagle early 2013 to k have available. We are keeping? About to date.

пїЅпїЅ

To give you f r? To thank your interest, m? Want to go? Ren, who have a txtr beagle.

We have to give away 50 txtr beagles. To win one of them k? Can you need your ndigen txtr profile vervollst ?.

In this message, it is clear that:
It will be distributed as a telephone tariff or it will be distributed by operators at a price of 10 euros.
And there something was said about 50 free books, but you need to register.

Got the text in English:
Thanks for your interest in the txtr beagle!

We have had an overwhelming response since we revealed the product at the Frankfurt Book Fair.

It is a companion. As announced, the txtr will be subject to a mobile tariff. This may vary from country to country.

At the moment, we will keep you updated on this.

For your support, we'd like to give you a chance.

We've got 50 beagles to give away. Txtr profile.

There is no news and no, and I also want such an inexpensive, but very pleasant Miracle!

Rep: (4)
I looked at all the pictures in the announcements, the video, and nowhere did I see the picture on the reader's screen ... in the video only in one place and that glimpse, judging by the picture - something like a built-in screensaver. I suspect that a scanned book with images in PDF format in such a reader will not look, right? Or is it in all liquid ink readers like that?

veterrr63, for of normal reading scans of books / magazines is better to look towards devices with screens>= 9 ". But there is a price .....
on the six-inch, even high-quality screen (for example, Kindle Paperwhite - Pearl HD screen), scans are at least inconvenient to read.
Moreover, one can hardly expect a good enough screen on the device for 10 euros.

This reader is initially positioned as a "book reader", so you can not count heavily on pdf. Screen E-Ink Pearl - can not be bad.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 19:40