> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony PRS-T2 Firmware | Russification and installation of additional applications

Rep: (104)
Thank you so muchsergmoj for assistance in working on the Russification packages!
Special thanks top4veltr for help in translating!

ATTENTION: THIS INSTRUCTION IS RETURN FOR VERSIONS ON THE READER (en) 1.0.00.07100, (en) 1.0.03.09110, (en) 1.0.04.11081, (rus) 1.0.01.11080

ATTENTION! Do not rush to install firmware 1.0.05.12140 on T2! After installing this firmware on the device it will be impossible to install additional programs and utilities!

EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE ON VERSION 1.1.00.15240

Details:
In late March, Sony released new firmware for its e-books PRS-T1 (the support of which, it would seem, has already ended) and PRS-T2. The version for the PRS-T1 device is 1.0.06.03210 and is available both on the US and on the Russian websites of the corporation. Apparently, the update program to version 1.0.06.03210 is suitable for any version of the Sony PRS-T1 e-book model. To date, this is the latest version for both the "American" and "European", and for the "Russian" model. In the update description, the developer reports that the software has made minimal changes: the new version opens access to the Reader Store and eliminates the problem of deleting books from the Google Books library (depending on country and region settings), which is no longer supported in the Reader Store.

The most important thing in all these versions is that after their installation, the owners of electronic books completely lose the opportunity to install any third-party packages and alternative software on their devices. Moreover (and this is the worst): if you had already installed third-party software at the time of the update, for example, one of the most common packages from amutin, rupor or boroda, then after updating the version, you will not only have the Russification go programs, but the built-in software will probably not work correctly. Judging by the mail we receive, the owners of e-books have encountered serious problems when establishing communication with a computer via USB cable, many have stopped working Wi-Fi. We strongly advise against upgrading the firmware on your devices until there is any clarity. First of all, this warning concerns those who have already installed alternative software on their e-books, for example, the Cool Reader application for reading. Well, for those who have mistakenly installed a new firmware on their book and found that the device has stopped working normally, I can advise you to take your device to a specialized workshop where your device will be tried to be restored to the previous version using a hardware flashing.

Attention - the latest official Russian readers with firmware 1.0.01.11080 come with a closed "hole". They will not be able to install additional software! If this opportunity is necessary for you - specify from sellers or buy "American" with version 1.0.04.11081

If you are far from the android, shell, software packages, and the like, just want to read books using the convenience of reading software CoolReader is for you F-) Just use the versionPRS-T2_Flasher and you will get the standard Sony Reader menu and, at the same time, a Russian keyboard for searching or a browser, as well as an installed program Coolreader with which you can read with great comfort! Read the installation instructions and proceed!

If you are close to android and like installing applications yourself - this is also for you. F-) Use the file manager to install your programs!

Packages can be updated over the original firmware or any installed package.

If you have questions, please read the FAQ first.here

Links to software packages for PRS-T2:

Package PRS-T2_Flasher includes:
- Russian application interface!
- multilingual keyboard
- CoolReader (.fb2, .fb2.zip, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .epub, .chm, .pdb, .prc, .mobi)
- AlReader (.fb2)
- Orion Viewer (.djvu)
- OfficeSuite Viewer (DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX and PDF)
- file manager Total Commander
- ColorDict dictionary
- Support English-Russian dictionary in native reader!
-:!: integration of goodies fromrupor -a (AMR)

PRS-T2_MicroSD_Update_Card cloud.mail.ru
PRS-T2_Flasher_0.07 for the software version of the reader 1.0.04.11081 cloud.mail.ru

What's new in firmware versions PRS-T2_Flasher :
- AMR integration 12/14/2012 fromrupor a (thanks rupor for working on expanding the reader’s functionality!)
- AlReader version 12/09/2012
- CoolReader version cr3.0.57-15-27-jotas.apk
- OfficeSuite_Viewer_1.5.334.apk version
- orion_viewer_0.39.1_armeabi_v7a.apk version
- ColorDict_3.6.8.apk

- reader firmware should be 1.0.04.11081
- AMR integration on 11/26/2012 from rupor (thanks to rupor for working on expanding the reader’s functionality!)
- latest version of AlReader
- the cooler version cr3.0.57-15-17-jotas.apk
- Total Commander 2.0

Archive of previous versions of firmware PRS-T2_Flasher :

Instructions on firmware

Successful firmware reader is possible with the following steps:

Attention! The account under which you run the package must have administrator rights
[b] Warning! It is desirable that the device was in a "clean" state! That is, only with factory firmware without any root and additional packages. If you have already installed someone else's kit (firmware), then visit the corresponding theme of the author of the installed firmware and use the reader's recovery package suggested in that theme to its native ("clean") state. If the hacks are Link2SD, App2SD, or the Apps2SD package, they also need to be removed!
[b] Warning! If the device has been re-partitioned, then you must return the device to its native state before the firmware!
Attention!Mustbe prepared microsd card with information from the archive PRS-T2_MicroSD_Update_Card!
Attention! If you have Vista or Windows7, you need to disable UAC (previously known as UAP) before flashing.
To do this in VISTA:
Control Panel>User accounts>Enable or disable User Account Control (UAC)>remove the check mark>Reboot.
In WINDOWS7:
Control Panel>User accounts>Change Account Control Settings>Lower the slider level to the extreme>Reboot.
After the reader firmware, do not forget to enable this option!

1. For successful firmware reader, we need a microSD card. MicroSD card must have at least 500MB of free space. None of your information from the microSD card will not be lost during the reader firmware.
Download and launch PRS-T2_MicroSD_Update_Card self-extracting archive. When asked where to deploy the files, select the root of the microSD memory card (for exampleM: \ ). Push button Install . The archive will be unpacked into the root of the microSD memory card. A directory will be created on the memory card. OS Firmware and file Updating_en.bmp .

2. Download and launch the self-extracting flasher archive. On the question of where to deploy files, choose the hard drive WITH computer. Push button Install . The archive will be unpacked into the directory PRS-T2_flasher at the root of the hard disk WITH .

3. We connect the reader to the computer. On the reader screen, click on "Data Transfer Mode".

4. Close all Windows Explorer windows with reader disks. If the Reader Library program is started, then close it too.

5. Run from the directory PRS-T2_flasher RunMe.exe file. As soon as "Copy files ..." appears on the computer screen insert the recorded microSD memory card into the reader!
The firmware files will be copied to the reader, after which the program on the computer will shut down and the reader will automatically reboot and the firmware update program will start on it. After about 30 seconds, the firmware update program on the reader will complete its work and the reader will restart to normal mode.

6. Remove microSD card from reader

7. Throw books on the reader using your favorite program or Windows Explorer

8. Disconnect the reader from the computer and enjoy reading F-)

When you open the book, you will be asked to choose between READER (standard reader reader) and CoolReader or AlReader (support more formats, hyphenation, footnotes, etc.).

If the firmware process is too complicated for you, you know that you can buy an already Russified reader: wink:here or here

Package to restore the reader to its original state through a computer

If you need to return the reader to its original state, then just download our package.PRS-T2_Flasher_recovery , by analogy with the minimum / standard flasher, follow the instructions and in 5-7 minutes you will receive the original reader without any traces of applications installed by you. At the same time all your files of books / notes / etc. in the internal memory of the reader will remain unchanged and will not disappear anywhere!

PRS-T2_Flasher_recovery for version 1.0.04.11081 download from: cloud.mail.ru

PRS-T2RUS_Flasher_recovery for version (rus) 1.0.01.11080 download from: cloud.mail.ru

Package to restore the reader to its original state through the microSD card

Recovery package PRS-T2_SD_Recovery for software version reader 1.0.04.11081
download from:cloud.mail.ru

Recovery package PRS-T2RUS_SD_Recovery for reader software version (rus) 1.0.01.11080
download from:cloud.mail.ru

You will need a clean microsd card with a capacity of at least 512MB.

Instruction:
0. unpack the archive on the microsd card (in the root of the card there should be an OS Firmware directory)
1. press the button resets on the reader
2. charge by charging from the network until the red light goes out
3. insert the microsd card
4. clamp the Home and Options buttons (middle and right buttons)
5. press the power button without releasing the clamped buttons
5. wait for the appearance of the inscription "Opening book" and the moment when the thermometer starts to run and only after that release the buttons
6. Then there should be stripes on the screen, then the inscription "Updating", then a blink and again this inscription "Updating", then a reboot into the rules. mode
7. take out the microsd card
8. Connect the reader to the computer and roll in the desired Russification package.

Official Sony firmware:

- PRS-T2_Updater_1.0.04.11081.exe download from Sony http / rapidshare.com / rghost.ru

- (rus)PRS-T2_Updater_1.0.01.11080.exe download from Sony FTP / rapidshare.com / rghost.ru

- boroda for found jailbreak! (when everyone’s hands were already lowered)) This made it possible to create this flasher
- rupor for the ongoing work on expanding the functionality of Sony readers !!!
- p4veltr for help in translating!
- GaryN for removing dumps ROM PRS-T2
- igorsk , root

DISCLAIMER
Any (non-commercial) use of this flasher is allowed as well as any modification of the flasher packages and files!

For damage to your device as a result of the firmware attached here or independently made, the authors of this method are not liable

Post has been editedREALexMSG - 06.05.19, 16:03
Reason for editing: Changed file links

Rep: (68)
Is there such a flasher on Sony PRS-T3?

Rep: (0)
HEY.
TAKEN BUS SONY T2
CURRENT VERSION 1.0.02.05090
AT YOUR OWN RISK AND RISK MADE ON INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE FIRST MESSAGE. BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED ANYTHING.
HOW TO DELIVER A CUSTOM FIRMWARE, PROMOTE PLIZ
M
Forum Rules:
4.11.2. It is forbidden to write topics and messages in CAPITAL LETTERS;

Post has been editedvadeus - 29.03.18, 11:59

Rep: (3916)
twister_arh @ 03/28/18, 18:09*
HOW TO DELIVER A STANDARD FIRMWARE

Do not put.

good day! I have version 1.0.00.09110, and it looks like Russian, there is no dropbox, will the firmware work, I wonder?
and why did the normal bucket not done? (

* ayct.l,
Update to 1.0.01.11080 and roll up the flasher.

Why didn't the normal bucket make?

Here is a normal "bucket", it's not a tablet: rolleyes :.

"Alas.
I can not enter the recovery mode. Tried it in two ways: Home + Menu + Pwr and ebook_msc name "PRS-T2" um recovery
Only regular download.
What to do next?"

absolutely the same nonsense. help, how to win? The device simply loads in normal mode. firmware **** 240

Post has been editedVasiliy07 - 31.03.18, 21:22

Rep: (9)
After replacing the display I can not change the voltage Vcom. I do everything according to the instructions. I get to the menu service, but when I try to Write VCOM, the device writes about the absence of the Vcom.dt file. I on the READER disk in the root create the testmode folder, then in it I create the following data folder, and already in this ass I create a text file containing the value of Vcom. Where is my mistake? Tell me please !

Rep: (142)
* twister_arh , * vadeus try to install first this firmware

Good day!!! Please tell me the answer to the question: Is it possible on Sony PRS T2 rus c version 1.0.01.11080, to install at least some kind of firmware because Total Commander is very necessary ... and CoolReader would not refuse ...

* DEMAN-SIEL,
Can.

If you don’t bother you .... you couldn’t say what to download and the installation process (what, where and where) for firmware 1.0.01.11080 without additional mods .... Thanks for the early !!!!

Rep: (1)
Good day,
bought a used.
Firmware (en) 1.0.03.09110.
I am trying to flash the inscription "Copy files ..." on step 5, and nothing actually happens further.
What could be the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Tondi @ 10/09/18 23:44*
I'm trying to flash

What to flash?
If PRS-T2_Flasher_0.07, then you must first upgrade to 1.0.04.11081.

Rep: (1)
Good time of day.
Perezalete "PRS-T2 MicroSD Update Card" please.

* ddimanich
What for? Downloaded normally.

Rep: (1309)
Version 1.0.00.09110 - I can't upgrade, I just haven't tried it ... what's the catch?

xaoc747 @ 02.12.18, 15:31*
that just did not try

What tried something?
And why update if everything works?

Rep: (1309)
Vadeus @ 12/03/18 07:49*
And why update if everything works?

I wanted this whole thing:
- CoolReader (.fb2, .fb2.zip, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .epub, .chm, .pdb, .prc, .mobi)
- AlReader (.fb2)
- Orion Viewer (.djvu)
- OfficeSuite Viewer (DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX and PDF)
- file manager Total Commander
- ColorDict dictionary
- Support English-Russian dictionary in native reader!
-:!: integration of goodies from rupor (AMR)

ddimanich @ 11/27/18 12:13*
Perezalete "PRS-T2 MicroSD Update Card" please.

https: //drive.google.c...2-z3MovDTMGEpNl8e7JV2S

Rep: (133)
Are there any mirrors of the article about rolling back ru-reader through soldering? Links to the ebook do not work: - /

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 13:07