> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Power consumption (autonomy) Galaxy S III | How to increase battery life.

Rep: (1199)
Power consumption (autonomy) Samsung Galaxy S III (international version GT-I9300)

Description | FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | AOSP firmware (KitKat) пїЅ | AOSP firmware (Lollipop) пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ| Custom firmware пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Custom recovery пїЅ | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ EFS Recovery (IMEI) пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Samsung Galaxy S III Fans Club пїЅ | Marriage / Repair Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

This topic only discusses the power consumption of the Samsung Galaxy S III (SamsungGT-I9300) on different firmware and with a different set of software.

FAQ

Theme Rules

Long charge the phone

Before asking a question
If you think that you have problems with increased consumption and want to get help from other participants, then specify the firmware (just take a screenshot of the windowMenu в†’ Settings в†’ About device) with the obligatory attachment of a detailed log screenshot (from the Battery item in Settings, it looks like this -1and2) and logs fromBetterBatteryStats(preferably for a period exceeding at least 5 hours). You can also specify other useful information in your opinion.

Before you ask your question - check outFAQand followEnergy Saving Recommendations, read the topic headerBetterBatteryStatsnamely withReference materials on the BBS and wavelets, use the search by topic (Spoiler (+) (5. How to search by topic?)) BetterBatteryStatsandPower consumption (autonomy) Galaxy S III

An example of a correctly asked question

Instructions for collecting energy consumption statistics during the sleep of a smartphone

Post has been editedRu4kin - 07.02.17, 19:39
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (721)
ummc_1 @ 07.10.2012, 16:36*
Quote (indigo88 @ 03.10.2012, 23:03)
I disabled / frozen (but not removed) through the application manager the following programs
What program use to a quality frozen?
Yes common built-in manager prilozheniy.I nothing else.

Rep: (201)
I've been wondering - whether the battery consumption depends on how "hard" the movie is played in your player? DVDRip, for example, weighing 600 megabytes or gigabytes HDRip weighing 3.5?

Rep: (721)
poletov @ 08.10.2012, 09:13*
I've been wondering - whether the battery consumption depends on how "hard" the movie is played in your player? DVDRip, for example, weighing 600 megabytes or gigabytes HDRip weighing 3.5?

Net.Imeet meaning only the duration of the film and screen brightness.

Rep: (4)
the first report on the i9300 forum, bought popervosti was upset by the time the work on better, just swung the phone, turned off the vibration feedback, 3G, mobile data, screen left but the phone stayed almost 5 days, taking into account 1noy 5-7 minutes from pre-charge computer pictures yet passed (but çäàåò me much charge the phone did not get). were in the process of SMS, telephone, a little bit of surfing on the wafer, the brightness by 65 percent in the browser slightly smaller.
According to the Forum phone I have shown excellent results ...
PS: the inclusion of communication 3g just mercilessly eats battery, immediately perceptible ... day and a half phone goes

Rep: (1)
I agree that eating 3g battery mercilessly. I sometimes barely surviving to the end of the day. This is despite the postoyangom use. VKontakte sit. Surf through the pages. SMS and calls. But in general, the device holds up well

Rep: (38)
indigo88 @ 08.10.2012, 10:14*
Net.Imeet meaning only the duration of the film and screen brightness.

You think? On a computer that is not always the case. Rips high resolution usually high CPU.

Post has been editedTerapohit - 11.02.14, 19:03
Reason for edit: removed quote

Rep: (381)
Referring to a very interesting resource that can help someone than
Scripts, tweaks, collect them all

Rep: (14)
In short, I tachviz disabled, but instead found Nova launcher. The result pleased.
Pure stock, the data packet is switched off, the backlight 50%. About 3 hours Games Modern Combat-3, the new Batman. Approximately 30-40 minutes. chrom wi-fi, 2:00 calls.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

And it's like I slept standby.
Attached Image

By the way, notice for 1 hour of the Internet wi-fi at 50% backlight is consumed 12-15% of the battery. 7-8 hours screen will work safely.

Post has been editeddef_237 - 08.10.12, 19:47

Rep: (104)
About the launch of Google release cards on firmware 4.1.1 in sleep mode. On the map, go to Settings - Location settings. Remove bird "Report from this device". I ask to check and unsubscribe about results.

foxsick @ 09.10.2012, 01:28*
The maximum that I have been able to squeeze - 4 hours 30 minutes.

Under spoiler more optimistic results
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

As you can see there was a small pre-charge (overthrown photos and video).
Firmware XXDLIB deodex, root + Titanium Backup, froze all the trash from Yahoo and a pair Samsung'ovskih applications.

Rep: (2)
Such is the problem. Guzzles battery process of "Telephone" (com.android.phone). Revealed this utility System Panel. Appears after a missed call, it is a call, not SMS, and even when I noticed a missed call, and looked, who called (ie responded to the blinking light), but he did not call back. Thus System Panel shows the frequency proca 700-800 MHz, whereas, when in the normal rest mode it does not exceed 230-240 MHz. Treated or rebooting, or by making an outgoing call. We have to somehow cure, is that within 4-5 hours of rest after a missed call drains 20-30% of the battery.

statix.ck @ 09.10.2012, 19:09*
how to put the firmware with a wipe? That removed that installed? Link to the firmware itself, if it is possible

Put over XXBLH1 using MobileOdin, from wipe only Dalvik-cache, froze a menu of the operator (to keep your eyes CORN), Factory Test (since read somewhere that he was the originator of life over 600 mb occupied RAM, has not been confirmed, but the defrost did not ), update over the air, Gmail, News Daemon (name did not like), S Voice (no longer needed), Samsung Apps (c head enough Google play), various certificates and manuals, more just, including frozen discovered SysScope (not I remember to freezes, but if everything works without it, let hang). Deleted Yahoo finance and KiesAir (did not notice anything wrong with him, but I use AirDroid).
Any programs / scripts to save the batteries are not set, the firmware clean deodeksirovanny runoff were small handwritten changes for the full date on the widget and + puma lock screen for SMS / cut out the camera.
Firmware formal links are in the header of the desired theme, weather updates every hour, post on-demand, network mode GSM / WCDMA, during working hours the phone is in the city center (Almaty), all the rest of the time in the suburbs, where it is not something that the 3G, 2G and there does not always work. Most of the screen work goes into reading books (~ 60%), games Eternity Warriors2 (20%), CUT the Rope (15%), the rest is a different kind of things like incoming / outgoing calls, the work not only on the Internet and just included to to see how much time.
Pandora26 @ 10.10.2012, 07:36*
There charging N-th number of times, which is very easy to calculate

I agree, throw on the computer more than 40 gigs of photos and videos taken some time threw + movies. For the purity of the experiment charged phone to 100% and see how much is discharged without being connected to energy, he had to like do not bother, but now that it became interesting.

Rep: (381)
Stoke deodeks lower in the signature, update the weather every hour, sinhronizatsiya.avtopodsvetka, more than 500 applications, and one-third are associated with internet.yadro signature, not cut anything, not frozen
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedPandora26 - 26.03.13, 01:17
Reason for edit: updated results

Rep: (111)
Leon2108 @ 11.10.2012, 20:11*
so it turns out that the marriage if the screen is maximum 4 hours pulls?

maximum discord maximum. if heavy games spire yes for 3-4 hours, and if the network has to sit through a wi-fi, books to read, write SMS with the energy savings I up to 8 hours pulls

Rep: (42)
after upgrade Google Maps began furiously sucking battery in a dream. and not only me. other on a similar note hat.

in settings>Battery - this process is called gpsd. zaguglit that it has to do with the cards, "otstanovil forced" them all okay.
important not to forget to do it after each reboot.

Rep: (104)
npng @ 12.10.2012, 15:53*
Google Maps began furiously sucking battery in a dream

That's not to try?
Power consumption (autonomy) Galaxy S III

Rep: (42)
avsh7 @ 12.10.2012, 16:41*
That's not to try?

oops
It operates like.
in English of a solution of such an Internet was not 3

Rep: (32)
The drain DLI8 uvedomleninie about missed call or unread message at all plants a battery (and which is very fast for 2-3 hours, and kirdyk extinct) as pofiksit this problem.

Rep: (2)
It is normal that the standby mode consumes more of the screen? Russia should not drain rutovany
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (56)
aleksandr122 @ 13.10.2012, 12:55*
It is normal that the standby mode consumes more of the screen? Russia should not drain rutovany

This is purely a visual bug.
Hereyou can download the hotfix, but the problem is purely visual.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/04/20, 12:42