> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

PocketBook 611 | E-ink vizplex

Rep: (3931)
DiscussionPocketBook 611
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware

Reviews:
the-ebook -PocketBook Basic 611 Review: The Basis of Simplicity and Unique Features
hi-tech.mail -Review PocketBook Basic 611: the easiest reader
ferra -Overview of the e-book entry-level PocketBook Basic 611
CoolReader on Pocketbook

Post has been editedvadeus - 28.12.17, 17:53
Reason for editing: CoolReader

Rep: (0)
Biv_sumy @ 04/02/19, 09:54*
And examples of files that you say "suspend"

I didn’t think so. Here is a bookhttps://yadi.sk/d/OW04DZ6eLpMW_g

Rep: (55)
* Nanok , which is why now I download the book only in epub format. No brakes

Rep: (434)
Nanok @ 04/02/19, 08:24*

The drive does not work with Yandex and does not download from it.

Rep: (153)
Biv_sumy @ 2.04.19, 13:10*
not pumping from him
Is the book not downloading?

Vlad433 @ 04/02/19, 14:43*
Is the book not downloading?

Yes, it’s blocked.

Rep: (153)
* biv_sumy ,

Posted on 04/02/2019, 14:58:

I will try by the way on my book later: 3

upd: everything is OK, from the card

Post has been editedvlad433 - 02.04.19, 15:24

* Nanok,
It seems that everything is fine with the file. Do you have books in the internal memory or on an external memory card?
If on an external card, then try opening it from the internal memory. Always PB was very picky about memory cards.

Dev0tee @ 04/02/19, 11:30*
that is why now I download the book only in epub format. No brakes

Once again, I remember about epub. For a very long time I did not remember, perhaps in vain.
Biv_sumy @ 04/02/19, 15:10*
The drive does not work with Yandex and does not download from it.

I loaded it with chrome during authorization, downloaded it without authorization
Biv_sumy @ 04/02/19, 17:18*
If on an external card, then try opening it from the internal memory.

I tried with the same result. I have Linux Mint. I downloaded it into the reader, into different cards. The result is the same.
I downloaded different files from different sources, not everything opened, but for a long time it was.
The reader of the latest firmware, installed CoolLib.
I can read from a computer. Paid solely out of gratitude to the author.
But reading from a reader is more convenient, but does not open ....

Nanok @ 2.04.19, 17:01*
I loaded it with chrome during authorization, downloaded it without authorization

What is blocking know? Serving me .... in a blocklist.
Nanok @ 2.04.19, 17:01*
installedCoollib

What kind of beast am I?
If coolreader, then it first formats all the text and then displays it, and sometimes it is desirable to clear its cache.

Biv_sumy @ 04/02/19, 19:27*
What is blocking know? Serving me .... in a blocklist.

I don’t know about blocking.
Biv_sumy @ 04/02/19, 19:27*
If coolreader, then it first formats all the text and then displays it, and sometimes it is desirable to clear its cache.

It seems not coolreader, I have not found its name anywhere in the device. I reset today to the factory settings, threw the book in a folder on the card. Even the folder cannot open.

Nanok @ 04/03/19, 5:23*
I reset today to the factory settings, threw the book in a folder on the card.

Try formatting the internal memory through the settings of the reader.

Biv_sumy @ 04/03/19, 08:43*
Try formatting the internal memory through the settings of the reader.

It helped! Now reinstall everything, but this is gradually ...
Thank you +!

Nanok @ 04/03/19, 08:30*
It helped!

The FAT32 file system of the internal memory really doesn’t like incorrect shutdowns and reboots and it gradually accumulates errors and therefore, after emergency reboots / shutdowns, it is advisable to check it for errors like any disk / flash drive.

Good morning guys. Tell me what to do if a new screen with different voltage values. For example, I have -1.41 on the reader, and -1.33 on the new one? And how critical is the presence of the H1 marking?

Post has been editedMr_Lu - 16.04.19, 11:40

Rep: (7)
* Mr_Lu , this is not voltage, but the default degree of gradation, specifically of this display. Twist the slider on the board with a thin flat screwdriver to a color that is comfortable for the eyes.

Airdel @ 04/16/19, 14:25*
this is not voltage, but the default gradation, specifically of this display.

This is something new? : rofl: Where would such information come from? : lol:

And the label just indicates the voltage of erasure Vcon for a given batch of the screen (and it is always negative) and, depending on the model, was previously set up with a building resistor according to the oscilloscope, then it was indicated in millivolts in the unallocated area of ​​the device’s flash drive, and in newer ones it is indicated in the hidden boot section in the vcon file.
How exactly in the 611 model only the manufacturer and the SC know this.
* Mr_Lu,
And after replacing the screen, it’s correct, in addition to setting the new Vcon value in the firmware, to save the new file in Waveform (this is for the code that is in brackets at the end of the model) for the new screen. And the screen manufacturer has the correct file and the device manufacturer has access to them.

Post has been editedbiv_sumy - 16.04.19, 14:40

Rep: (7)
* biv_sumy It was a long time ago, I don’t remember. I remember that the numbers did not match either, the old / new display. I had to tighten up.

Airdel @ 04/16/19, 2:45 p.m.*
I remember that the numbers did not match either, the old / new display.

That they will not coincide, since the technology for the production of powders (black and white) and, as a consequence, the screen itself does not allow them to be constantly produced with the same characteristics, and for each batch of screens two parameters are determined empirically: the erasure voltage Vcon and Waveform . One is responsible for the voltage that must be applied to the point to "erase the pixel" and the second is a table of parameters for the formation of the pixel’s dull color depending on the temperature of the screen.
According to Vcon, a deviation of no more than 10% between the old and the new is allowed, but is it better to have Waveform correct? Although the seller of the screen and some say "It is not needed and is not important."

Thanks to everyone who responded. Infa was useful I will now poke around.

* Enyby, please help me. I can’t collect your source code in any way. A lot of mistakes are being poured.
Enyby @ 12.30.17, 01:07*
In general, I somewhat finished the unpacking utility.

The source posted on github:https://github.com/Enyby/pbres

The problem is what. I have PB615. The theme standard has not changed, the size has changed. if the utility can unzip a topic, it cannot zip it back (file is too big). to blame, #define MAXSIZE 520000, line 14. if the bit depth of the variables allows it to be doubled. (the size of the cfg file after unpacking was 750kB)

Can you rebuild? You are welcome :-)

Post has been editedStas123 - 21.04.19, 07:56

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 01:31