Gmini MagicBook T70 / DNS Airbook TVD701 | TFT color

Rep: (3923)
DiscussionGmini MagicBook T70 / DNS Airbook TVD701
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware "

Post has been editedpaladin7 - 21.10.12, 14:12

Rep: (60)
September 19, the company Gmini laid out the basic firmware for the reader Gmini MagicBook T70:

http://g-mini.ru/media/uploads/files/book-%D0%A270-firm.zip

The device is identical to the new product from DNS - Airbook TVD701

Replacing the native firmware from DNS with Gmini will eliminate a number of glitches and interface flaws (the slider appears at the top of the page to quickly go to the desired page; the useless "Book Information" button is replaced by a numeric keypad that allows you to accurately specify the page number for a quick transition; the sound of the integrated speaker becomes louder at times, improved compatibility with the format of AVI) /

At the same time, the touchscreen response worsens - it reacts more slowly and not so accurately.

It would be nice to combine all the best;) from both firmwares. Or offer an alternative: rolleyes:.

Rep: (3923)
Countryman, would youhereknocked, devices similar.

Digma T700 / Ritmix RBK-435 / RBK-429 / TexetTB-750HD firmware

Turn the device into an exclusive reader with a touchscreen - the keys stop working, the video and sound do not play !!!

Rep: (0)
And where can I get the original firmware from DNS on TVD701. The gmini firmware works very tightly and the radio disappeared ((

Post has been editedUAS23 - 07.10.12, 09:22

I personally stupidly killed the original firmware;) That's why muddied the topic. Although used to gmini, and the radio is not relevant. You can knock on the DNS service, only there, it seems the ends are not found - they just sell under their own brand. In short, it remains to wait for new products from gmini or look for more analogues. And, of course, hope for the coolest users who will get this device and there will be a desire to delve into the firmware ...

Rep: (6)
leo2m
Can I somehow count the firmware from the new tvd 701? and if so what?

DNS does not actively want to give the original firmware. They are sent to a service center, but they warn that because the device has already been rewritten, there is no guarantee (i.e. they will be able to flash it only for money).
So these are the pies

And I managed to defeat this stupid machineDNS Airbook TVD701 ! And no original firmware is needed, from Gmini MagicBook T70 Everything works great, much better than the original.
I had to arrange a little dancing with a tambourine (I myself have never been a hacker, just a user with 25 years of experience).
First I installed the firmware fromGmini MagicBook T70 as per instructions. Alas, the book began to hang often, the journal ceased to be remembered and the files from the explorer did not open, only from the "Books" menu. Pages do not remember, formatting does not remember, a terrible confusion (video plays).
Then I downloaded the firmware from the page that I advised.vadeus . I found it in the flasher (I do not know how this program is called) for Digma T700 a button "erase DB" which was not in the firmware for Gmini MagicBook T70 . I clicked on it, then I installed the firmware from Digma T700 . It turned out a complete garbage, not only the buttons were not pressed, but not a single file was opened, telling unintelligible "disabled" . Pressed again "erase DB" and returned to firmware from Gmini MagicBook T70 . She did not want to be put, scared by some mistakes, but I stubbornly pressed "upgrade" - and everything fell in full, and it all worked! So let the DNS with its original firmware let it go to the forest.
While I was fiddling with DNS, my wife’s jam day came up, I didn’t think of anything better how to go and buy herGmini MagicBook T70 (in this place you can laugh). The original device differs from the DNS ovskogo fake wonderful light touchscreen, better case, more capacious battery and full glitch-free. I advise everyone. Now I have two readers instead of one, only for DNS I need to swing my muscles, the touchscreen is pressed only with a titanic effort.

Perhaps it makes sense to use RK28Upgrade.exe first and erase the IDB, and then sew the proposed gmini RKBatchTool.exe, which sees the .img files. I did this, the firmware did not swear, but the difference in the reaction of the device is not noticeable. My firmware from gmini immediately got straight;). But the tight touchscreen is a consequence of the flashing. With dnsovskoy reaction alive. Perhaps there is something cropped and the percent is loaded less.

That is because there is bad luck in life. Having done the job - by giving my wife a reading room - set the task of ruining the DNS-ku in dislike to me so that I could pass it in and get the money back. I decided that I will reflash until she dies. So there is no fact, it turned out quite a workable device, got used to it already. Can someone advise how to "interrogate" to death, but with the guarantee?
I already found a couple of glitches related to charging (I read from someone that due to different batteries the charge controller may not work correctly - this is how it turned out). Judging by the indicator - the battery is not fully charged, after turning off the memory one stick on the "battery" is not enough. I haven’t installed it yet, but it seems that the battery life has also been reduced - this is not critical in the city, and it can be stressful when traveling. The second glitch is if auto power off is set, then after a specified time when charging, the screen goes blank and it is neither possible to control the charge, nor turn on the book without disconnecting the memory. If you turn off the auto-off, the screen is always on, also annoying. But it was with the original firmware. Whether the original gmini also behaves until it is checked, Zhinka reads the third day, and the charge drops only by half (I don’t know how many hours it is, alas, I have to go to work, you won’t keep track of it, but she doesn’t care). But hike gmini has a lot more battery life, DNS and with the original firmware, as far as I can see, the duration of the work was not impressive.

Well, like, waited ...

http://ftp.dns-shop.ru/Book/TVD701/FW/TVD7...K2738_TOUCH.zip

Well, again the problem is to return to the old firmware or stay on the recommended only from the positive side () except for the battery charge) firmware from gmini. No peace can not live. By the wayleo2m , this is a new, revised firmware or one-to-one old one, don't you know? The old one hurt too badly and hung out, I dug up so many bugs in it .... Or maybe she got up crooked from the start, even with the factory installation ..
Found a way to cope with the "tight" touchscreen - you take the stylus from an old PDAHP iPAQ 1950 (I have these 4 stylus pieces lying around the house) and the touchscreen starts to work perfectly! Apparently, the screen was made quite by the old technologies. Make a pocket for the stylus in the case of work will not be.

It's hard to say anything about the “firmware” from DNS - a loader from under XP and from under 7 gives an error on Loading firmware

We will consider this as the answer. Let DNS go forest. The firmware from gmini supports reading formats, music and video is much more, the stability of work without complaints (I have never pressed reset yet, as the interface was refreshed), the interface is much more sane. I think on this topic, we found out everything.
Personally, I will never buy anything under the DNS label. There is a choice.

A month later, the first glitch on DNS with firmware from gmini -suddenly , at the next inclusion, the "Journal" was cleared, all readable books disappeared. The re-opening of the book left the magazine pristine clean. A reboot helped, everything works again, but the old info has disappeared irrevocably. Original Gmini MagicBook T70 his wife works without the slightest criticism. Along the way, the firmware has nothing to do with it, just another confirmation of the "quality" of the DNS. And quality (this time without quotes) gmini.
Good luck to all.

INFO: Test Device Start
ERROR: Test Device Fail
INFO: Upgrade End

That's what gave me when I started to flash. the book is dead, not included. I do not know what to do. help me please! : '(

Posted on 01/23/2013 23:59:

I have dns tvd 701

altdelete
Not quite clear what started to flash - native firmware or from Gmini? It’s written above that it’s not a damn thing about gmini and how to deal with them is even higher. When connected to a computer, the book should automatically turn on, if not - then the problem is in the hardware, then I pass. And do not use your own USB-cord, throw it away right away, all the problems are possible because of it. Try a different adapter.
More often it helps to remove the battery instead of reset, but disassemble the device at your own risk.
After all the problems and mates of the DNS, I have been working with gmini firmware for three months now, while I am satisfied.

ifird,
Bliiiin, put the firmware from gmini, and everything ... the book finally died.
Reset does not help. When turned on, a white screen appears and fades. and so endlessly ....
what to do?

altdelete
It looks like you had a dream come true - to kill the DNS so that it could be handed over under warranty and get money back (since I bought this book, it’s in the same store for 3 months at 800r, almost 30%, cheaper - not after all?). Just do not say in the service that they reflash, like everything itself has died.
And did you try to try to clear the memory with the help of the Digma T700 flash driver, as I had to, did not try? Although for some reason it seems to me that you have a flash memory junk, this is not treated. And this book also has very poor protection against EM radiation - I realized this when my memory was reset a second time. It's just that at the factory entrance a security guard ran a packet with a book by a metal detector, and the glitch is ready. Neither the old PDA, nor phones, nor other devices have ever been buggy in such a situation. Look around, maybe it's a phonite nearby.
Well, the most unpleasant advice - get rid of this book. Gmini T70 works without any problems. When my DNS breaks, I’ll throw it away without pity. About denyuzhku cry, of course, but mental health is more expensive.

My DNS Airbook TVD701 suddenly stopped working. I tried to flash it, it did not help ((((
Is it possible to do something with him, except to throw out of the window?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19 00:12