> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

609 pagesV  « < 607 608 609 »  

> HTC Desire S - Firmware (OS 4.1-6.0) | HTC Desire S, HTC Saga
Marshmallow
Do you like android 6 Marshmallow
Yes [ 198 ] ** [50,13%]
Not [ 24 ] ** [6,08%]
Neutral [ 85 ] ** [21,52%]
I do not care [ 88 ] ** [22,28%]
Total votes: 395

fude
Message#1
30.08.12, 21:08
positive
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3724
Check in: 23.08.12
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

HTC Desire S - Firmware (OS 4.1.2-6.0.1)
PictureHTC Desire S, Saga
Description | Discussion � | FAQ | Purchase � | Accessories � | Marriage � | Owners Club � | Firmware � | GB Desire S � | ICS Desire S � | MIUI � | Virtuous unity �

Be sure to read!
Everything you do is at your own risk! The authors of the manuals are not responsible for the carelessness and mistakes of the owners!

Before asking questions, read the materials of the caps and discussion in the topic! Otherwise, repeated questions and answers to them will be deleted so as not to litter the forum. Formulate the questions clearly, informatively and clearly - then the probability is high that the answer will be equally intelligible and useful.
Example:
"Hello, I have installed<firmware version>, <hboot version and status>. I'm trying to get<some result>. I did<actions>. As a result, I got<the result that is obtained>. WHERE? "

Attention!

Terminology / technical issues
Terminology

�������� (ROM) download

= A set of software modules consisting of several parts (Hboot, Boot, Radio, Recovery, System)
Hboot = Bootloader, a program that provides interaction and program loading with hardware, as well as is responsible for identifying the software and gives the Recovery command to install this or that software.
Boot = Core
Recovery = The utility required to install updates, software modules, checks the integrity of the software
PG88IMG = Format developed by the NTS to identify updates and software to be installed (firmware) using standard methods
RUU = Rom Update Utility, a utility from the NTS that allows you to install firmware from the BB.
CID = Country ID is a protection variant that determines the device belonging to the country (Region - Loc) for which it is made. CID consists of eight characters and is 1) factory, for example. HTC__032, NTS__A07. 2) carrier, for example T-MOB101, 3) SupeCID, for example. 11111111.
Gold card = A program script written to a memory card that allows you to ignore (change) the CID number during the firmware process.
Fota = Firmware Over The Air is the official update of the firmware of our phone "over the air" (EDGE, WiFi). When updating FOTA, user data does not change (as opposed to updating firmware via PC).
To get the FOTA firmware, do the following: turn on EDGE or wifi, then - Menu ->Setup ->About phone ->System updates ->Check now. (in the same place you can put a tick to automatically check the update of the phone - carefully eats traffic !!!)
System = Custom set and https://yadi.sk/d/MSFo…MSFo--UgfBSmaSystem applications included in the firmware
Radio = radio module. A very important part, responsible for communication, etc.
S = boot loader protection characteristic (hboot) Secur https://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtuity. It has two states: ON and OFF
BB, PC = Personal computer
SC = Service Center
Stock, stock = "Factory" state of the software (may be completely "factory", and may concern only certain parts of the firmware)
Brick = Non-loading smartphone: "freezing" when zag https://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtu load, or not entering into any modes other than Bootloader and Recovery (in severe cases - not included at all). There are several options: because of the "dead" chip eMMC (read the topic of marriage (link)), because of the wrong firmware and because of the Full Wipe
Wipe = Analog Hard-Reset on WinMobile, happens: Factory reset (reset to factory settings), Partititon Wipe ("Rubbing" section), Full Wipe ("rubbing" of all sections of firmware, usually done before installing firmware CyanogenMod lines) and BatteryStats Wipe ( Used when calibrating the battery)
Ruth, ROOT = main administrator account, or s https://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtuuperuser-. Having access to this profile, a number of possibilities appear that are not available in normal operation.
Recovery = a set of low-level utilities for saving / restoring a backup copy of all ROM partitions. By analogy with computer software - this is the "acronis true image on livecd". You can boot into the recovery and save the "current Grand_lemon system "- and then if anything back to him ..
Fastboot = mode for flashing / zag https://yadi.sk/d/MSFo…k/d/MSFo--UgfBSmarz phone. Allows you to flash individual sections of the flash memory of the phone.
The fastboot itself is built into the low-level boot loader: i. through fastboot you can not break fastboot - this is the most important thing! Knowing how to use fastboot - you can always flash your phone - even if you have not inserted the wrong firmware into the system section before. Description of the menu items FASTBOOT:
  1. BOOTLOADER - the entrance to the same bootloader. After logging in, it is automatically picked up from an archive memory card named PG88IMG.zip. It is used most often for flashing radio, recovery and hboot. If there is no archive, you will simply receive messages that the archives were not found, and then you will be able to choose one of the following.
    • FASTBOOT - return to FASTBOOT (previous menu https://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtu).
    • RECOVERY - recovery mode. Most often, alternative, used for flashing. The most popular 4EXT Recovery and Clockworkmod recovery. Stock (standard) is rarely used.
    • FACTORY RESET - reset the phone to the factory settings if it is impossible to do this through the device’s menu itself (for example, you completely forgot the password of the Anti-Theft Dr.Web). All user data is deleted (contacts, sms, programs, etc. The memory card is not moved.
    • SIMLOCK - based on the problem described in this topic , we can say that this is something like a phone lock under a certain SIM, but I can not say for sure. Again, judging by the same topic, it is better not to touch!
    • IMAGE CRC - on XDA They write that this is the MD5 amount of this firmware used to determine the "correctness" of the firmware. (I do not know why)

2. REBOOT - ordinary reboot, followed by the launch of the OS.
  3. REBOOT BOOTLOADER - reboot into bootloader.
  4. POWER DOWN - turning off the device

F requently A sked Q uestions! (Mini)
What are ROOT rights?
Types of Root-rights
Full Root - full and permanent Root-rights without restrictions
Shell Root - permanent Root-rights, but without access to change the system folder.
Temporary Root - temporary Root rights. If you can not get a full root, you can always get a temporary root. After a reboot, the superuser rights are lost.What is custom firmware and what does it give?
As a rule, these are firmware ports from other phone models, since writing software from scratch is not amateurs
power A port is an adaptation of firmware from one device to another.
Often, custom firmware gives a modified user interface, an updated version of Android, a pre-installed Busybox, and new software bugs. For specific firmware, the changes are described either in the firmware thread, or in a message with a link to download this firmware. We also see the list of changes for the custom kernel (overclocking and other improvements).

What do Full ROOT rights give?
Having full Root rights to android, you can:
Modify system files, themes, shortcuts, delete standard applications
Run Linux executables (only console files, often - only on devices with Bysybox installed)
Run special applications that significantly extend the capabilities of a smartphone, but that require Root-rights - SuperUser, Task Manager For Root, Root Explorer, ShootMe, Titanium Backup, etc. In the description of such applications, it is usually written that they require Root user rights.
Take screenshots using apps like ShootMe
Back up the system, for example, using the popular program Titanium Backup
Root-enabled firmware can provide features such as app2sd (https://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtuinstalledhttps://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtuhttps://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtukaapplications to the memory card), transfer the browser cache, Market, etc. on the map and more.
Remember that in itself getting Root rights does not give you all the above benefits, but only gives you the opportunity to do certain things with the device.
https://yadi.sk/d/Ri1xSgtpgngtu
What is needed to get Full Root?
To get full root rights, you must unlock the bootloader (hboot). Those. transfer it from the S-ON state, in which it leaves the factory to the S-OFF state. This procedure is not available for our phone model using software methods and is performed using a special programmer - XTC Clip.

How to find out if I have s-off or s-on?
Turn off the device [!], Pull out the battery ->insert battery ->hold down the "-" button (volume rocker) and press "Power" (power up) ->There is a screensaver with 3 robots, up there and read s-on or s-off
to exit - select FASTBOOT (power key - used as Enter) ->REBOOT (move through the menu volume rocker) ->"Power" button)
P.S. Action (pull out the battery ->insert the battery) can not perform if you uncheck the box in the "Menu ->Settings ->Nutrition ->Fast download "and restart the phone once.

How to find out the CID number, HBOOT, Firmware, Name of the region (for which the phone is released)?
It is necessary to download the CID getter program from the header or the market. Run it and get information from the following lines:
[ro.carier] is the firmware region, [ro.bootloader] is the hboot version, [ro.cid] is the CID number, [ro.aa.romver] is the firmware number.

What are the versions of HBOOT and what do these digits mean?
0.98.0000 - stock hboot s-on (if you have s-off with this hboot, then you have hardware s-off htc-clip)
0.98.2000 - engineering hboot s-off
6.98.1000 - revolutionary s-off
0.98.0002 - stock hboot s-on (if you have s-off with this hboot, then you have hardware s-off htc-clip)
0.98.2002 - engineering hboot s-off
6.98.1002 - revolutionary s-off
2.00.0002 - stock hboot s-on (if you have s-off with this hboot, then you have hardware s-off htc-clip)
2.00.2002 - engineering new hboot s-off
7.00.2002 - engineering new enhanced hboot s-off
K
Updated snapshot versions of CM11 and CM12 firmware. In the header links.

7.00.1002 - s-off on the basis of revolutionary from f_pasha

Which firmware versions for Desire S are official for the European region?
To date, the official are the firmware with the numbers: 1.28.401.1; 1.47.401.4; and 2.10.401.8

For which phones is the latest FOTA update?
For phones with the following CID numbers: 11111111, HTC__001, HTC__N34, HTC__203, HTC__102, HTC__405, HTC__Y13, HTC__A07, HTC__304, HTC__032, HTC__016, HTC__E11
Drivers and Utilities
Custom firmware
    ATTENTION! To download some of the distribution of firmware and add-ons to them from the XDA website, as well as to read descriptions and view screenshots, you need to register for XDA
    Useful user reviews about the firmware

Hitachi panel
    About Android 4.2.2 and the Hitachi screen:

After a long procedure of getting S-OFF, firmware loader 7.00.1002 (Revolutionary), I finally got the opportunity to install pure Android 4.2.2 and deployed to describe my impressions. It was originally S-ON Locked and everything from the latest RUU ICS.

Let me remind you that the procedure is as follows:

We receive according to the instruction of S-ON Unlocked from HTCDev.com
    Install 4EXT Recovery and SuperSU
    We do according to the instructions Downgrade to firmware 2.3
    Again according to the instructionssavagemessiahzine.comOn the Revolutionary website, we get the code for getting S-OFF, we get the unlocked bootloader, we update to the current ones (for example, 7.00.1002)
    Install the latest official firmware S-OFF SPECIALLY
    As a result, we have S-OFF, hboot 7.00.1002, the last (RUU ICS) Radio, the possibility of further experiments
    We install the firmware from 4.2.2 (or any others) without forgetting to separately install after the firmware the core for MDDI-panels (Hitachi)

All instructions are in the cap! Do not be lazy to carefully read and follow step by step!

Then I put CyanogenMod 10.1 Build 17 Flinny (since it is considered the last for Hitachi), followed all the recommendations, stitched the corresponding core, but did not get anything beyond the white HTC logo. Perhaps another bootloader version is required!

Next tried AOSP 4.2.2 | JellyFireBeanv2 Summer Edition. Perfectly installed (separately we sew the same core for 4.2.2 and MDDI panels).

Pros:
    + clean smooth interface, free memory initially like 266 MB, many logical settings
    + convenient switching of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, automatic rotation, airplane mode, etc. Called by swipe of status bar with two fingers.
    + multifunctional notification panel (unlike old versions of Android and iOS)
    + fresh software versions, after installing Gapps, Google Now works, new Maps, tons for 4.2 in the market, problems launching current versions of anything that hasn't happened
    + functional widgets on the lock screen. Read the gReader feed, gTasks tasks, etc., without unlocking the phone. Sometimes convenient.
    + Dozens of other charms CyanogenMod, Android 4.2.2, which are essentially leveled by minuses.

Minuses:
    - Unregulated brightness! It will be awful at night. Crutches for the solution are not very functional, often do not work.
    - As a result, the huge battery consumption (!) For the screen operation, according to the weekly experience with active use, will not be enough even for 8-10 hours.
    - Rare, but unpleasant problems with unlocking (even Sweep2Wake leaves a slightly highlighted black screen), it is treated by repeated button presses.
    - The preset camera leaves green stripes, additional modes are useless. It is treated by installing the camera from Motorola.
    - Despite the smoothness of the interface, in some cases there is a terrible jerking, the cards sometimes "float" shamelessly, perhaps this is because of the core.

VERDICT: due to the crazy battery consumption, almost maximum brightness ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE, for everyday use of firmware 4.2.2 for HTC Desire S with Hitachi screen panels are NOT SUITABLE (in other 4.2 firmware, the situation for MDDI should not be sewn separately -panels). Only for acquaintance with pure Android 4.2 and further firmware of others, albeit without Sense, less energy-intensive versions. Or change your phone to a model with a Sony panel or something like a Nexus 4.
    I stopped on the firmware Desire XS: Android 4.0.4, Sense 4.1Lite, where none of the above minuses are found, and the functionality is quite good.
    All successful manipulations with a smartphone, do not forget to make backups in the recovery!

Thanks for collecting feedback -horbatiuk88

Android 4.1

• [09.01.2013]CyanogenMod 10 Beta Builds [4.1.2] [ANDROMADUS 3.x] [Frontcam]
  • [26.10.2012]PARANOIDANDROID v2.51 | True Hybrid | Per-App-Basistopic terminated
  • [06.02.2013]Andromadus Test builds - CM10 [133] (Flinny)
  • [29.10.2012]AOKP JellyBean Milestone 1 | Kernel 3topic terminated
  • [15.01.2013]ParanoidAndroid 2.57-SAGA | Kernel 3topic terminated
  • [15.01.2013]JellyTime CM10 R32.0 | Saga Edition | BlindHawk v1.3topic terminated
  • [28.02.2013]MIUIzero (JellyBean) 3.2.22
  • [24.04.2013]MIUIandroid saga 3.4.19
    There is also MIUI v4, v5 inanother topic.
  • [18.11.2012]CustoNexus SAGA v1.10 - BIG UPDATE [wip-htc-saga-port (3.0.50)]topic terminated
  • [23.06.2013]Xperia Z Jelly Bean v4.1

Topics
Instructions
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean instructions

Installing the firmware and its software components (kernel, radio, HBOOT).

Getting S-OFF. Change bootloader status (LOCKED, UNLOCKED).

Install 4EXT Recovery.
Other useful and important instructions.
Various required files
miscellanea

Thanks for the help in creating the caps Uksus17

K
There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a button"a complaint"under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedCusco - 08.08.18, 18:52
Reason for editing: Reduced to standard section
patvora
Message#12162
26.02.19, 22:23
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3236
Check in: 13.03.12
Xiaomi Redmi 3S

* megadev1l,Well, if the c-off is not needed, then you can safely raise the w-boot.
And about the lack of services - I did with-off, when they were already "absent". Okay passed. There are instructions for this.
megadev1l
Message#12163
27.02.19, 18:42
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 15
Check in: 19.03.16
HTC Desire S

* patvora,

In general, I updated to the latest official firmware and unlock, then made a backup through third-party recovery, then made a wipe and then installed the cm-10.1-20131110-UNOFFICIAL-saga firmware. S-OFF did not put. The firmware is stable, but there are a few questions about it:
1) Is it possible to download applications without a playmarket through some third-party application or only through a computer? (since I read that the playmarket and Googleservices are not recommended to be installed, since they slow down the system very much).
2) Problems with Navitel 5.5.1.0, installed without problems through the built-in file manager, since there was an installer. But there’s a glitch in his work, he’s just not updating you start it and it hangs on the splash screen, you turn the screen, you are prompted to turn on the traffic jams online, then everything follows the same principle after clicking on any menu item until you turn the phone on no reaction, respectively, and the path itself does not move without turning the phone.

I have not tried another version of Navitel yet, there are just cards that are put on it without problems and work without the Internet, there was no time to get acquainted with the new version of the application and maps. If anyone has a solution to this problem please write.
kisilmike
Message#12164
27.02.19, 19:58
Local
[offline]

Messages 292
Check in: 16.08.11
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005

What a mess, does anyone else use this phone? I remember he still 5 years ago braked when working with Navitel, Yandex maps and any other heavy applications. And I put the firmware easier, cut out Google services and it still slowed down Yes, and the screen is not very good. Recently I took it out to use it instead of a webcam, and this is like a return to the Stone Age. My advice to you, if there are 7,000, buy Redmond 4x or something similar, do not torture yourself, there is also a 1-core processor, terribly slow. It is not worth it. You can opt out of Google services, but it still does not solve the problem of brakes.
megadev1l
Message#12165
27.02.19, 20:54
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 15
HTC Desire S

* kisilmike

I do not know what you had on this phone with the Navitel, but I worked without problems and brakes, now I also decided to install version 7.0, maps also came up from version 5.5, everything works without lags and brakes, satellites find within 10-20 seconds

And as for the use of this phone, it’s of course not suitable for me as the main one, I don’t know about the others, but I’m quite happy with the navigator and the dialer, and it works quite well on the cm-10.1-20131110-UNOFFICIAL-saga firmware, and I think even the applications on it should be rolled by others, I will continue to test.

On the replacement of the playmarket, while the Amazon appstore was installed, but so far it did not even register on it and there was no time to protest. The rest is all happy.
patvora
Message#12166
28.02.19, 00:13
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3236
Xiaomi Redmi 3S

* megadev1l,tryBlackmart
On the Navitel I will not tell you, I do not use, sorry
kisilmike
Message#12167
28.02.19, 00:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 292

* megadev1l,
The point is that if the Navitel is running, for example, God forbid someone thinks of calling on Skype - everything starts to slow down terribly and as a result, navigation stops working. I, of course, meant using the phone as the main device. You can use the phone only for navigation, but why, if the main phone handles it? Well, as you noticed, cm-10.1 is the limit for the phone. Anything higher is not too tough for the apparatus. IMHO, of course.

Post has been editedkisilmike - 28.02.19, 00:28
patvora
Message#12168
28.02.19, 09:09
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3236
Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Very much in the teeth.
Up to 6 android (inclusive) works smartly.
But what to talk about - Samsung Wave has firmware with candy. With their 300 meters of operatives and virtually no processor.
And smartly works.
It depends on what you expect from a smart.
Some people write that 8 cores and 2g operatives are "weak and old hardware", but I somehow do not plan to simulate a nuclear explosion on a smartphone, but it copes with everything else. IMHO;)
Ps gig operatives (well, almost) - this is more than thirty times more than it was on my first computer. And Nitsche - worked))
kisilmike
Message#12169
28.02.19, 10:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 292

* patvora,Well, maybe, at one time I tested cm11 and the interface on it was much slower than 10.1, apparently drank. I remember on cm11 you press to call and nothing happens, after 2 seconds the call just begins. Or you press the answer and again it is unclear clicked or not, after 1-2 seconds the screen suddenly refreshes and it turns out you are already talking for 2 seconds. And so in everything. I was terribly annoyed. As for the 8 cores and all that - I agree, but there people take the phone for games, if you don’t play 4 cores in games.
But comparing a computer with a phone is still incorrect, an old two-row computer gives a lightweight 8 nuclear smart per 100 thousand, here the architecture is different and the priorities are not on performance but on energy efficiency. Yes, and this android eats the RAM as if it is not in itself: the usual calculator on a computer has 500kbytes of memory, and on the phone it can be 100 meters under the calculator is not enough. Because on the phone java and on the computer c. And in general, yes, I remember on xp at 512 meters everything flew, and now even 4 gig is not enough, applications have become much more demanding of resources. But this is an eternal topic, there are a lot of things.
megadev1l
Message#12170
13.03.19, 18:33
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 15
HTC Desire S

The guys have a question, I don’t know this is a bug in firmware cm-10.1-20131110-UNOFFICIAL-saga or on the phone, well, or my hands are crooked))) In general, the problem is that when I get a call and I answer it’s loud communication instead of dynamics. Did anyone have a similar situation? They rarely call this phone, so I didn’t immediately see the problem !!!
Alio99
Message#12171
25.03.19, 09:52
Guru
[online]

Messages 2099
Check in: 12.10.10
HTC Hero

* megadev1lthere is such a bug.
It does not appear at all and not always. Option - try another cyan
HTC