Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications

Rep: (3961)
Library organization on PC and E-book (reader)
That is, the "library" - an orderly display of books (catalog).

1. MyHomeLib - is a program for managing collections of electronic books in any format. The program is absolutely free, its source codes are open.
Attached Image
Key features:
- convenient viewing of collections of books in the form of a tree list grouped by author / series
- ability to work with lists of books in tabular mode, sorted by any column
- display covers and annotations when viewing the list of books
- reading email. books in fb2, html, doc, txt formats without installing additional software (using AlReader 2)
- unlimited custom collections
- automatic import of fb2 from folders and zip-archives
- non-fb2 collection, the ability to work with any type of file.
- full FBD format support (import, conversion, editing)
- quick search by author, book title
- full search by author, title, series, genre, etc.
- sharing custom collections using inpx files
- customizable folder and file name patterns when exporting books from collections
- export of fb2-books in fb2.zip, txt, lrf format (using fb2lrf converter)
- quick connection of e-pub and pdf converters
- import / export of user collections in xml and inpx formats
- connection of user scripts for processing books (creating collections, converting)
- editable individual lists of genres of any level of nesting
- ratings and reviews of books, marks of reading
- work with groups of books (Favorites, For reading, etc.)
- the possibility of "two clicks" to connect other collections (Traum Library, etc.).

Working with the archives of the library Lib.rus.ec:

- support for fb2 and usr archives of lib.rus.ec library
- automatic update of book lists for archives Lib.rus.ec
- download reviews from the site Lib.rus.ec

Working with libraries on the engine Lib.rus.ec (Flibusta, etc.) in the on-line mode:

- download manager
- download books in the background
- automatic update of on-line collections
- download reviews from the site.

2. MyRuLib - A free (free and open) program for organizing a home library (collection) of electronic books in fb2 format.
Attached Image

Can be used to work with libraries lib.rus.ec and flibusta.net.

Created as a cross-platform alternative to the MyHomeLib and LibRusLib programs, it works in Windows, Linux and Mac.

3. freeLib - cataloger + EPUB / MOBI + OPDS / HTTP server converter
System requirements: MAC OS X, LINUX, WINDOWS
Attached Image

Key features:
  • Import library from inpx files
  • Send selected books to email
  • Save books to selected folder
  • Work with several libraries
  • Search and filter books
  • Additional processing during export
  • Work with custom libraries (based on fb2 / EPUB)
  • Built-in conversion to MOBI format (based onhttp: //www.the-ebook.o…/viewtopic.php? t = 26775does not require installation of python)
  • Built-in conversion to EPUB format
  • Convert fb2 / epub files without adding to library (drag & drop)
  • OPDS / HTTP server

Download here:https://sourceforge.net/projects/freelibdesign/

For Linux x64, you must install 32-bit libraries.
For Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Author -alnet
Checked - works on Win 7-8.1.

3. Libro - library manager / fb2 and epub file converter
Works under Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux.

To convert azw3, mobi, epub, kepub files and send by email (Send to Kindle), you need to install the fb2converter program and make the appropriate Libro settings, as described in the documentation. It is recommended to use fb2converter version 1.17 and higher.

Key features:
Manage the library of your books in fb2 and epub formats
Convert books to azw3, mobi, epub, kepub formats (requires installation of fb2converter)
Full-text library search using search query language
Built-in editor of book metadata - title, author, cover, etc.
Sending books with one button to a reader via USB, via e-mail (for example, through Amazon Send to Kindle)
Two modes of operation - library manager and converter (as GUI to fb2converter)

Project site on Github
Documentation
Download the latest version of the distribution

Is there some more
1. CaliberandLibRusLibbut they, PMSM, are not so functional.
2. Fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications
3. fb2mobi - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications

If there are additions - welcome.

Post has been editedgabby - 12.04.19, 23:06
Reason for editing: Fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | Applications for pff2mobi - Organize a library on a PC / reader | PC applications

* unlochka,
Throw converter converters folder and put this in the settings of the MHL what format.

Rep: (754)
* unlochka, Organization of the library on a PC / chitalke | Desktop Applications | fb2converter [Other] (Post rupor123 # 83013923)
Convert via GUI MyHomeLib after the appropriate settings.

Rep: (673)
vadeus @ 02.07.19, 14:13*
Throw converter converters folder and put this in the settings of the MHL what format.

so it's all done. The converters have a folder with a file folder fb2mobi fb2mobi.exe

Posted on 07/02/2019, 14:39:

eliy @ 02.07.19, 14:15*
Convert via GUI MyHomeLib after the appropriate settings.

Just search stumbled on this post, too, but did not catch where to get the file to be placed in fb2mobi.toml fb2mobi folder?

* unlochka ,
unlochka @ 2.07.19, 14:37 *
Just search stumbled on this post, too, but did not catch where to get the file to be placed in fb2mobi.toml fb2mobi folder?

The cap has a guide. There is a point that receives all configuration files
"Fb2c.exe export."
Appears with the settings file and save it as a fb2mobi.toml

Probably better in the topic to chat ...

Post has been editedeliy - 02.07.19, 14:56

Rep: (27)
unlochka @ 02.07.19, 15:11*
Please help to understand how to convert the selected books from MyHomeLib on the device ..

The documentation for fb2converter is written as follows:

Support MyHomeLib
Archives prepared Windows distributions for direct decompression to "MyhomeLib \ converters" directory and include 2 additional program-wrappers: fb2mobi.exe and fb2epub.exe. These additional tools are used to run out of fb2c.exe myhomelib. They convert the command-line options and can choose a configuration in the form of fb2mobi.toml and fb2epub.toml of the directories where they are running.

That is, downloading the file fb2c-win32.7z, if you have a 32-bit version of Windows or fb2c-win64.7z, if 64-bit. And unpacks into a subdirectory [path where you installed MyHomeLib] \ MyhomeLib \ converters. Accordingly, there should appear three subdirectories fb2converter, fb2mobi and fb2epub. Further MyHomeLib convert in conventional manner.

Rep: (39)
Colleagues, what program (except for gauges), you can see the number of seats in the format of books .mobi? Preferably on a Mac: help:

Rep: (624)
* Czzz, but https: //apps.apple.com...ndle/id405399194 mt = 12? categorically do not fit?

* Stopkin, I understand that it is necessary first to add a book to the library, and I would like without it. Ideal course find similarity QLMobi.qlgenerator plugin to view information about the book on the space or in the properties.

* Czzz, OK, and the file size does not help navigate which of more books by the volume? or need is accurate tsifir? I just can not grasp the practical value of such information.
that is, I see it for some reason, need someone, but why - I do not understand.

Post has been editedStopkin - 12.07.19, 09:36

Stopkin @ 07.07.19, 12:05*
file size does not help navigate which of more books by the volume? or need is accurate tsifir?

I prefer just to assess the number of packages) file size helps, but can affect it pictures and stuff

* Czzz, this part I just realized. I did not understand - what is knowledge? an interesting book in 1000 conventional places / pages can be swallowed in one go, and tedious with 200 places can be read in 18 approaches and did not finish.

Post has been editedStopkin - 07.07.19, 17:18

Rep: (1)
Or maybe someone from understanding people properly explain what the different results from conversion freelib fb2mobi, or even fb2c?

Rep: (134)
* trendafil4,
Under the same settings does. All are used to convert kindlegen - Utility Amazon

trendafil4 @ 12.07.19, 09:01*
What is the difference from the conversion of freelib fb2mobi, or even fb2c?

The final results of conversion of 98% the same, but there are books in fb2 are converted problems with a freelib or fb2mobi, in fb2c have options missing in the first two.
fb2c develops and all schools are crawled using freelib fb2mobi and corrected, and if the new come out, it is likely that the cause is found and corrected in the new version fb2c
For fb2c future.

Post has been editedeliy - 12.07.19, 12:35

If the future is such, that to me there seems no place. Without programming skills, I am in this converter is nothing to do. There are, of course, the likelihood that the authors of the program will lead to a digestible for advanced users not too mean, but, judging by the very small fb2mobi

trendafil4 @ 12.07.19, 12:58*
If the future is such, that to me there seems no place. Without programming skills, I am in this converter is nothing to do. There are, of course, the likelihood that the authors of the program will lead to a digestible for advanced users not too mean, but, judging by the very small fb2mobi

What programming skills? What are you talking about?
This is a simple command line utility with the unit configuration in the form of a pair of editing text configuration files in the "Notepad".
For it is the GUI, it can be used without any GUI, spend 10 minutes and to convert the files by clicking on "send" in the standard Windows Explorer.
Just the right, subject to read ...

I read the topic. Even the downloaded archive. Using your brief instructions for the lazy, follow steps 1 and 3, and all ... Honestly I tried to read the documentation. I do not understand a single word. Therefore, I do not ask how and what. I'm afraid the answer will be a style that "is just a command-line tool." What is the utility? Yes, the console

* trendafil4,
Use your freeLib, where much easier to something, and do not worry: rolleyes:.

vadeus, Great advice))

* trendafil4,
1. Simple software performs essentially one single function - converts. in fb2 mobi well and still be in ePub or kePub
2. Console - runs "the old fashioned way" from the command line. It is printed keys. What would not print, or you can use. the gui - GUI program or script - a file that is already pre-printed all.
3. We are kind and tell all

Post has been editedeliy - 12.07.19, 17:36

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/02/20, 5:58