Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications

Rep: (3916)
Library organization on PC and E-book (reader)
That is, the "library" - an orderly display of books (catalog).

1. MyHomeLib - is a program for managing collections of electronic books in any format. The program is absolutely free, its source codes are open.
Attached Image
Key features:
- convenient viewing of collections of books in the form of a tree list grouped by author / series
- ability to work with lists of books in tabular mode, sorted by any column
- display covers and annotations when viewing the list of books
- reading email. books in fb2, html, doc, txt formats without installing additional software (using AlReader 2)
- unlimited custom collections
- automatic import of fb2 from folders and zip-archives
- non-fb2 collection, the ability to work with any type of file.
- full FBD format support (import, conversion, editing)
- quick search by author, book title
- full search by author, title, series, genre, etc.
- sharing custom collections using inpx files
- customizable folder and file name patterns when exporting books from collections
- export of fb2-books in fb2.zip, txt, lrf format (using fb2lrf converter)
- quick connection of e-pub and pdf converters
- import / export of user collections in xml and inpx formats
- connection of user scripts for processing books (creating collections, converting)
- editable individual lists of genres of any level of nesting
- ratings and reviews of books, marks of reading
- work with groups of books (Favorites, For reading, etc.)
- the possibility of "two clicks" to connect other collections (Traum Library, etc.).

Working with the archives of the library Lib.rus.ec:

- support for fb2 and usr archives of lib.rus.ec library
- automatic update of book lists for archives Lib.rus.ec
- download reviews from the site Lib.rus.ec

Working with libraries on the engine Lib.rus.ec (Flibusta, etc.) in the on-line mode:

- download manager
- download books in the background
- automatic update of on-line collections
- download reviews from the site.

2. MyRuLib - A free (free and open) program for organizing a home library (collection) of electronic books in fb2 format.
Attached Image

Can be used to work with libraries lib.rus.ec and flibusta.net.

Created as a cross-platform alternative to the MyHomeLib and LibRusLib programs, it works in Windows, Linux and Mac.

3. freeLib - cataloger + EPUB / MOBI + OPDS / HTTP server converter
System requirements: MAC OS X, LINUX, WINDOWS
Attached Image

Key features:
  • Import library from inpx files
  • Send selected books to email
  • Save books to selected folder
  • Work with several libraries
  • Search and filter books
  • Additional processing during export
  • Work with custom libraries (based on fb2 / EPUB)
  • Built-in conversion to MOBI format (based onhttp: //www.the-ebook.o…/viewtopic.php? t = 26775does not require installation of python)
  • Built-in conversion to EPUB format
  • Convert fb2 / epub files without adding to library (drag & drop)
  • OPDS / HTTP server

Download here:https://sourceforge.net/projects/freelibdesign/

For Linux x64, you must install 32-bit libraries.
For Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Author -alnet
Checked - works on Win 7-8.1.

3. Libro - library manager / fb2 and epub file converter
Works under Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux.

To convert azw3, mobi, epub, kepub files and send by email (Send to Kindle), you need to install the fb2converter program and make the appropriate Libro settings, as described in the documentation. It is recommended to use fb2converter version 1.17 and higher.

Key features:
Manage the library of your books in fb2 and epub formats
Convert books to azw3, mobi, epub, kepub formats (requires installation of fb2converter)
Full-text library search using search query language
Built-in editor of book metadata - title, author, cover, etc.
Sending books with one button to a reader via USB, via e-mail (for example, through Amazon Send to Kindle)
Two modes of operation - library manager and converter (as GUI to fb2converter)

Project site on Github
Documentation
Download the latest version of the distribution

Is there some more
1. CaliberandLibRusLibbut they, PMSM, are not so functional.
2. Fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications
3. fb2mobi - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications

If there are additions - welcome.

Post has been editedgabby - 12.04.19, 23:06
Reason for editing: Fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | Applications for pff2mobi - Organize a library on a PC / reader | PC applications

Rep: (3)
* biv_sumy it seems that they just "moved"

Post has been editedDimsaCh - 22.05.19, 14:23

Rep: (399)
DimsaCh @ 05.22.19, 14:21*
they just "moved"

No, not moved. There, only the source code of the program and at myhomelib.org were daily updates for the Flibusta OnLine FB2 collection, the starting sets of Flibusta collections, Lib.Rus.Ek were also located there. And there was also a support forum where the author of the program in March said that he was pulled out and he would not do the next domain renewal and the server would stop. Now the domain myhomelib.org is free for everyone. The only thing that still works from online collections is that it’s like Lib.Rus.Ek, and that is because for it daily updates were on a different server and remained available.

* biv_sumy I didn't know that. It's sad of course.

* DimsaCh
Now available only to work with local collections.

* biv_sumy , I'll know.

New site for updating Flibusta collections online:
http: //forum.ru-board...pic=32219&start=200#12

Rep: (37)
The freelib books work strangely counted one and a half million and a bit more than fiction folders in brackets the same number of books of this genre ?, and also in other genres ... it turns out the program has determined all the books almost .. although of course it is safer to use Caliber although it should be checked. . tried all my books books slag added 129.269

Rep: (38)
Hello. Gave a book, thinking about the organization of the library. A friend drove his own, but she translates everything in file names and in .zip. Tell me, before copying a library into a book, do you need to unzip and rename files? Will not slow down the book when unzipping?

angry_dog @ 06/26/19, 20:05*
Tell me, before copying a library into a book, do you need to unzip and rename files?

It depends on which book is the book format. All those books that I had (Lbook, Pocketbook, B & N Nook) in the bookshelf (Library) for FB2 were always shown instead of file names file tags (Author / Series with number / Book name).
And if the tags were filled out incorrectly, then correcting through FBE is not a problem. Well, for example, there is such a program librarian for the PC MyHomeLib into which I fed my library and set up an upload for a PC with the directory structure and file name I need (Author / Series / Number_Serit_name.fb2.zip.
angry_dog @ 06/26/19, 20:05*
Will not slow down the book when unzipping?
all books of fb2 format are in zip archives, one book is one file with extension fb2.zip and there were never problems. The main thing that the device supports this format of books.

Post has been editedbiv_sumy - 26.06.19, 21:26

* biv_sumy and besides the FictionBook Editor (as I understand it, it is FBE), is there an easier program to restore order in tags in batch mode? I tried the programs from the caps - IMHO, it's very harvesters. I would have sharpened it on the metadata, such as TagRename for MP3.

Rep: (83)
angry_dog @ 06/27/19 0:28*
I would have sharpened it on the metadata, such as TagRename for MP3.
tryLibro - Library organization on PC / reader | PC Applications [Other]

angry_dog @ 06/27/19 00:28*
Is there an easier program to restore order in tags in batch mode?

Fb2toolsgood for renaming books and moving / copying to a new structure by tags, it also has a simple tag editor.
ANDbooki, if I need to correct something quickly, I use it, but it has a small limitation of no more than 6 authors and a series with a sub-series. If there are more than 6 authors in a book or a series has a more complex structure (the book goes to a series that is included in another series and that is in a larger series), then the tag editing button is locked and the data on the book will not display. Well, there are such layouts that before the work of the program is changed manually in a simple editor to edit the layout of headings.

Post has been editedbiv_sumy - Today, 18:22

* biv_sumy to remove booki restrictions. Unzip the file and move it to the folder with the booki.
Attached filebookireg.rar(757 bytes)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19, 23:50