> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Wexler.BOOK T7004 | TFT color

Rep: (477)
DiscussionWexler.Book T7004
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware "

ЭлектReader electrobook with backlit color non-touch TFT screen on2738 Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd *
Attached Image
Offsite product
Hotline: 8-800-200-96-60
official support
Product onYandex Marketand onPrice.Ru
Review with pictures
Video review
WEXLER BOOK T7004
The texts of the description and characteristics are borrowed from the store site and corrected / supplemented later.
Specifications
  • Screen size and resolution 7 "; 16: 9; 800x480 pixels
  • TFT LED screen technology (color, backlit)
  • CPURK2738400MHz
  • Number of cores 1
  • 128 MB RAM
  • Built-in 4GB memory
  • MicroSD memory card (HC) support up to 32GB Class 2-10
  • Hardware keys Yes.
    • Increase / decrease

• paging buttons

• home,

• return,

• joystick

• FM tuner is
  • USB 2.0 interface. microUSB
  • Device Connectors
    • Microsd slot,
    • headphones,
    • microUSB

• Sound output
    • 3.5 mm headphones
    • built-in speaker

• The operating system is based on the Linux kernel.
  • FB2 / TXT / PDF / HTML / PDB / EPUB / DOC / RTF Text Formats
  • JPEG / BMP / GIF graphic formats
  • Video formats WMV / RM / AVI / RMVB / 3GP / MP4 / MPEG / MKV
  • MP3 / WMA / FLAC / AAC Audio Formats
  • Voice recorder / WAV recording format:
    • Normal quality - 32 Kbit / s,
    • high quality - 45 Kbps

• 2350 mAh battery capacity (protection against overheating and overcharging)
  • Characteristics of the memory 5V, 1A, microUSB
  • Charging time about 5 hours
  • Battery life
    • Reading - up to 7 hours
    • video viewing - up to 4 hours
    • audio playback - up to 25 hours

• Body materials Aluminum, Plastic
  • Body colors
    • Black (T7004B),
    • White (T7004W),
    • Pink (T7004P),
    • Red (T7004R),
    • Blue (7004BL),
    • Yellow (T7004Y),
    • Purple (T7004V),
    • Gray (T7004G),
    • Green (T7004L)

• Overall dimensions 196.5 x 115 x 6 mm
  • Weight 270 gr
  • Contents of delivery
    • Electronic book WEXLER. BOOK T7004,
    • USB cable
    • Charger,
    • cover (case),
    • earbud headphones,
    • instruction.

• Gift By purchasing WEXLER.BOOK T7004, you get a gift
    • MULTIKART, which allows you to receive up to 50% of additional funds for the purchase of books on the site www.wexler.ru,
    • and also THREE novels of the popular book series “Universe Metro 2033”.

Description
The maximum thickness of the device is only 6 mm! Thanks to the high-quality 7 ”TFT-matrix with LED backlight, comfortable reading and perception of the video image will be ensured even in bright sunlight.

E-book WEXLER.BOOK T7004 is equipped with an internal memory of 4 GB, allowing you to fit a huge library - up to 200 thousand books. If desired, the capacity of the book can be expanded with external MicroSD cards up to 32 GB.

The model is almost omnivorous, it supports the most popular formats of electronic books. Separately, it is worth noting support for the popular office format DOC.

WEXLER.BOOK T7004 also features very low power consumption (for e-books based on the TFT-matrix). When reading a full battery, it lasts for 7 hours, while watching a video - more than 4 hours, while listening to audio files (with the screen off) - up to 25 hours.

Attached Image

1. zoom key
  2. rotation key
  3. navigation key
  4. OK button
  5. menu
  6. paging buttons
  7. return
  8. microSD slot
  9. built-in speaker
  10. microphone
  11. 3.5mm headphone jack
  12. microUSB connector
  13. reset
  14. power indicator
  15. power switch
Firmware and instructions
Images
Attached Image

Attached Image

RK2738
  • Target solution PMP
  • CPU Core ARM9 + DSP
  • MAX CPU frequency * 600
  • OS type RTOS
  • MAX Display solution 800x480
  • Display interface 18/24 bit MCU / RGB
  • System External SDRAM 16x16Mb SDRAM
  • Embed sdram
  • Video accelerator
  • MLC NAND Support 24bits / 1k
  • Embed PMU
  • USB 2.0 OTG
  • Internal AUDIO CODEC
  • SD / SDHC / MMC в€љ
  • UART в€љ
  • I2S output в€љ
  • TV OUT CVBS / YPbPr / HDMI
  • CMMB
  • DVB-T
  • ISDB-T
  • DC / DV
  • DC resolution
  • DV resolution
  • CCIR 656 IF
  • JTAG в€љ
  • Package LQFP176
  • Audio decoder
  • MP3 в€љ
  • WMA в€љ
  • Ogg в€љ
  • AAC в€љ
  • APE в€љ
  • FLAC в€љ
  • Wav в€љ
  • Audio DRM DRM10
  • Video decoder
  • MPEG4 720P
  • RV / RMVB 720P
  • H.264 720P
  • FLV 720P
  • WMV 720P
  • 3GP 720P
  • MPEG1 / MPEG2 720P
Cross References
Fixes
  • 2012-09-02 - corrected the devdb link (still did not add the device), xref, changed the characteristics to vendor
  • 2012-09-04 - added the brokenWEXLER BOOK T7004for completeness
  • 2012-09-15 - added to devdb
  • 2013-06-30 - bulkhead firmware
  • 2013-07-02 - updated links for*

Post has been editedjno - 02.07.13, 13:25
Reason for editing: + links

Rep: (13)
Who knows how to repack of. firmware under Windows, there is no build experience BMP0.BIN? and then UltraISO does not see the .img file with the firmware.
I want to replace the embedded fonts with my own.

Post has been editedvladgord64 - 11.08.13, 21:28

Rep: (2)
Wexler.BOOK T7004 (Post # 23085679)
Put MinGW / msys and you can compile.

Rep: (0)
Tell me why the selected font is not saved in history?

Rep: (3)
And I have something with a display (When I look at a book at a right angle, it looks faded, when at an angle, it's fine! Can I solve it somehow?

FrostenFail Go, a feature of the screen technology.

Hello, until recently, the book worked properly, after six months of operation, the following glitch began: when the book was connected to the PC, the book only works in charging mode, and the computer displays a message that the device is not recognized. after an hour of torment with resets, reconnecting to different connectors (stationary PC, rear panel connectors were used). from the thirtieth attempt he nevertheless saw her. How to solve this problem? the book was adequately exploited; it’s definitely not a mechanical breakdown. thank you in advance

Tell me how to reanimate the device Wexler.book T7004.
The daughter uploaded a large number of books and 1 film, I can’t analyze what exactly she downloaded. But the essence of the problem is that now on the screen is the window "Updating the library ..." I don’t know how to complete the process. The device is determined in the program for updating the firmware, but I can’t switch it to the firmware mode and it displays Switch Fail! What to do in this case?
When you press the reset button, the device turns off and at startup starts updating the library again.
I tried to wait - nothing has changed in a day.

I already thought about removing Akum, but I realized that it was soldered, and there is no desire to treat it with a soldering iron, and there is no guarantee that it will be reset to zero without a battery.
What are the thoughts?

Post has been editedhotabich ix - 15.01.14, 17:58

Good day forum users. They brought me this miracle today, "Wexler.book t7004" with the words: "Something with a charging connector." Having disassembled the EL connector, it simply fell out. Apparently the owner has both hands left :). The connector tore off the central tracks along with it (2,3,4 if even counted from either side) from the board (the extreme tracks remained on the EC board). I found two legs / tracks where they go and where you can solder, but heregrated broke his whole head. I ask for help !!! Since the World Wide Web did not find anything sensible. Tell me where the numbering of the legs of the connector starts from and where you can solder to the fourth leg of the connector when viewed from above.

Post has been editedNilyshka - 10.02.14, 18:47

hotabich ix,
It was that the menu ran like a button to the right stuck. Stupidly, he short-circuited the wires going from the battery to the board. After switching on, everything is fine.

Hello everybody!
He became the owner of this device.
I had 2 questions:
- is there any kind of stably working firmware other than stock
- maybe with whom it was - the "hollow" charge of the USB was fuse - how much does the repair cost or is it easier to fix it yourself?

Rep: (1)
There was such a situation: the book most likely discharged completely, did not turn on without a charger, and when the charger was connected, the loading process took place, 3-5 seconds turned on, the screen flickered and the device turned off, then the process was repeated cyclically until it hung. The problem really turned out to be a complete discharge of the battery. It was decided to disassemble the device and track the charging process with a voltmeter. It turned out that the device is charging up to 3.12V, after which it starts to turn on. At this stage, the voltage begins to decline sharply and when the value at the output of 2.9V is reached, the book turns off. It was decided to force the battery to be charged: the charger is connected to the USB port and after that the "Reset" button is clamped, volt-control was performed on the battery output, in this state I brought the battery to 3.7V, after which I released the reset button and collected device. Further, the book was charged itself without outside interference and works fine.

P.S. Maybe my experience will help someone. Good luck.

Attached images
Attached Image

Greetings to all, today I acquired this miracle of engineering in a media market for 300 rubles: rofl: I'll see how it goes, then I will unsubscribe. Actually, I didn’t take it for books, probably for the video sister of a small cartoon to turn on some kind of kuyn in poor quality myself, or it’s too poor on my tablet (sony xperia tablet z, 10 "), the quality is poor, there’s even a smaller screen . In general, the norms of a toy for 300 rubles, I think I'll play: D

Good afternoon, someone figured out the charging connector, there is where to solder 4 legs, and the fifth does not ((And yet, it hangs on charging or instantly when connected or after a couple of minutes, the blue indicator lights up and there is no reaction, after disconnecting charging after 5 minutes comes in itself)

I am very sorry, the t7003 branch is closed. By chance, no one will tell you where to order the battery for t7003?

* sally2004, 4 to be and should be - OTG is not.
Contacts DATA + and DATA- restored through vias, for a more reliable fixation of the connector, the solder mask under it is better to scrape off, tin and put it on the "belly".
Attached Image

* pAman_, any suitable in size will do. In extreme cases, you can assemble from old telephone batteries by connecting them in parallel.

Ramrod @ 12/02/2012, 06:07*
Ah, well. Found a way. It is necessary to throw many, many text files on the SD card, I threw several tons of FB2. Insert the card into the reader, insert the USB cord, and press reset. The reader will turn on, it will read from the card for a long, long time, and at this time the large computer will detect the reader as drives. PPC, honestly! ((((

And at the same time I found out that it hung either on RTF or DOC files.

Hello! I didn’t succeed (maybe I need to throw more books? And what should I do after the computer detects the reader? And yes, the reader has gmini s702, but the hardware and appearance seem to be the same)

Derevny95 @ 11.30.17, 10:40*
gmini s702
the firmware is different.
And what is there, some Chinese people know.

Jno @ 12/02/2017, 04:19*
the firmware is different.
And what is there, some Chinese people know.

Yes, I myself killed them back in 2013) I started some kind of zip archive on one reader and then the same archive on another reader I wanted to make sure) the firmware also fails Now I came across them I was about to throw it away and then your method saw but something didn’t help (

Rep: (2)
Share the firmware to whom it is not difficult. There are no firmware links on the links. And wexler doesn’t visit the site at all

Rep: (3931)
* kirasirrr,
Attached file002309.rar(54.95 MB)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 03:35 AM