Snooker Club fans | Dear connoisseurs of the game - do not pass by

Rep: (1103)
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

�Let’s get the boys on the baize! »Rob Walker

TOURNAMENTS CALENDAR:

Snooker Club
Starik202

How to join the Club - Those wishing to join send a message to the topic author QMS, about their desire to join the Club.
[url = "http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.

Post has been editedMr. KOT - 12.05.16, 20:18

Snooker (English snooker.) - a kind of billiard game luznoy. The most common in the UK. C late 70-ies of the XX century became known almost all over the world, especially in Europe and China.

History of snooker
It is believed that snooker was invented by Colonel of the British colonial troops in Jabalpur (India) Neville Chamberlain in 1875. Initially, there were only four colored balls, but by 1890 their was 6. In 1919, snooker rules were officially established BA & CC organization, and the first world championship was held in Birmingham in the late 1926 - early 1927. Before the war, the game was dominated by the British and Australians.

In 1950-1960-year due to a lack of capital and the control of a single organization snooker I fell into decay and became revived from the late 1970s, when the game began to sponsor and display on TV. Since the season 1976/1977 was introduced official ranking snooker, which is updated every three seasons (from the 1980s through - every two seasons). Since the beginning of 1980 has been conducted actively popularize the game in Asian countries and regions (especially such as the Middle and Far East), and most recently began to organize demonstrations and events in the countries of the former Soviet Union.

Now snooker popular in English-speaking countries (especially in the UK and Ireland), as well as in China and Australia. Annually held World Snooker Championship (1977 - Sheffield, England), and various tournaments. The main competition is held under the supervision of WPBSA - World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. Among other things, it may be noted tournaments held under the auspices of the Matchroom Sports (President - Barry Hearn) - such as the Premier League. From 1960 to 1988 (except 1980) snooker was in the program of the Paralympic Games.
Rules of snooker
At the beginning of the game on the gaming table has 15 red balls stacked in a pyramid, and 6 colored balls, each of which is located at a certain mark on the table. White ball (the cue ball) is used for attacks on colored balls. Players must score alternately red and colored balls into the pockets. While the red balls are on the table, pocketed colored balls put up their positions. The winner is the player who will score the most points. In the case of a set of players (after scoring all the balls) of the same number of points, the frame is played up with one black ball. The snooker possible "stalemate" situation where the red balls hitting not contribute to the continuation frame. In this case, by agreement of the players and the referee, the frame begins anew.

"Price" balls:
red ball - 1 point,
yellow ball - 2 points,
green ball - 3 points
brown ball - 4 points,
blue ball - 5 points
pink ball - six points,
black ball - 7 points.
The largest possible number of points for one series - 147 (without the "free ball") and 155 (with the "free ball"). A series of 147 points (155 points or in the free ball) is called "maximum series" or "maximum break". For the maximum number of points the player has to score all the red balls, scoring the black ball after each red, and then scored on a seniority all the colored balls.

Characteristics and Features
Goal of the game - to score as many balls and gain as many points on your account within the rules of the game. Snooker - intellectual game, in which experienced players calculate their actions on several moves ahead.

Snooker - This game is a so-called "outputs". Under output meant that in itself hit the ball in the hole is not enough, you need to blow after another to put the cue ball in a position where the next ball to score comfortably.

Snooker - Continuous game. Skill in organization outputs and calculation of position leading to the player's ability to build a long continuous series of strikes and due to this to win the game.

snooker Unlike other types pool (pool, Carom) on a considerable scale section and more complex rules. Another difference from the pool - this is a fundamentally different geometry sponge pockets that provides a different technique potted balls.

Attached ImageSnooker WCH 2012 - Stephen Hendry hits 147

Post has been editedkkosterin - 27.09.12, 14:52

CALENDAR -Turniry season of 2012-2013
Players Tour Championship
(June 2012 - March 2013)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wuxi Classic
(25 June - 1 July 2012)

australian Open
(9-15 July 2012)

Premier League
(August-November 2012)

Shanghai Masters
(September 17-23, 2012)

International Championship
(October 28 - November 4, 2012)

UK Championship
(1-9 December 2012)

Champions League
(January-March 2013)

Masters
(Jan 13-20, 2013)

German Masters
(30 January - 3 February 2013)

Welsh Open
(February 11-17, 2013)

world Open
(February 25 - March 3, 2013)

china Open
(March 25-31, 2013)

world Championship
(April 20 - May 6, 2013)

Past tournaments this season:
Finals Wuxi Classic . Walden victory maximum Bingham

Ricky Walden 10-4 Stuart Bingham
Attached Image

Finals Sangsom Six Red World Championship in 2012.
Mark Davies defeated Shawn Murphy (8-4)
Attached Image

Australian Goldfields Open finals - Barry Hawkins 9-3 Peter Ebdon
Barry Hawkins - winner of the Australian Open 2012
Attached Image

Premier League 2012. August 16 - November 25. match schedule
August 16th
Sean Murphy 2 (6) 4 Ding Junhui
Judd Trump 5 (6) 1 Steven Lee

6 September
Stephen Lee v Peter Ebdon
Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

September 13
Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham
John Higgins v Mark Allen

September 27
Mark Allen v Peter Ebdon
Neil Robertson v Shaun Murphy

The 4th of October
Stuart Bingham v Ding Junhui
Judd Trump v Peter Ebdon

October 11
Mark Selby V Ding Junhui
John Higgins v Stephen Lee

October 18th
Mark Allen v Stephen Lee
Neil Robertson v Stuart Bingham

the 25th of October
Stuart Bingham v Mark Selby
Judd Trump v John Higgins

November 8
Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy
Judd Trump v Mark Allen

15th of November
Neil Robertson v Ding Junhui
John Higgins v Peter Ebdon

November 24
semifinals

November 25
The final

Players Tour Championship 2012
Stephen Maguire - winner of the UK PTC1
Attached Image

Martin Gould - winner of the UK PTC 2.
Attached Image

Post has been editedkkosterin - 21.08.12, 19:26

We meet International Championship
Qualifying will take place from 19 to 22 August in Sheffield, the final stage of the tournament - 28 October - 4 November in China. The winner will receive - 125,000 pounds sterling (the highest prize money tournament in the history of the Chinese).
The qualifying grid:
International Championship 2012, August 19-22 (Qualification), October 28 - November 4 (Final)

Bonus:
Winner: ВЈ 125,000
Finalist: ВЈ 62,500
1/2: £30,000
1/4: £17,500
1/8: £12,000
1/16: £7,000
Fourth round: ВЈ 3,000
Third round: ВЈ 1,500
The highest TV Break: ВЈ 2,000
TV is not the highest-break: ВЈ 500
Total: ВЈ 600,000

100+:
134 DAVID GILBERT
130 ADITYA MEHTA
129 TIAN PENGFEI
123 DECHAWAT POOMJAENG
121 DANIEL WELLS
121 ADITYA MEHTA
120 ANTHONY MCGILL
117 PANKAJ Advani
117 LI YAN
114 ANTHONY MCGILL
113 SCOTT DONALDSON
112 ANDY HICKS
109 IAN BURNS
108 PASSAKORN SUWANNAWAT
105 PANKAJ ADVANI
104 ROD Lawler
104 ZHANG ANDA
103 PAUL DAVISON
102 DAVID GILBERT
LIAM 101 Highfield

Fourth round:
1 Barry Hawkins 0-0 Winner 1
2 Dominic Dale 0-0 winner 2
3 Ken Doherty 0-0 winner 3
4 Ryan Day 0-0 winner 4
5 Andrew Higginson 0-0 winner 5
6 Michael Holt 0-0 winner 6
7 Marco Fu 0-0 winner 7
8 Mark Davis 0-0 8 Winner
9 Fergal O'Brien 0-0 9 Winner
10 Jamie Cope 0-0 winner 10
11 Robert Milkins 0-0 winner 11
12 Tom Ford 0-0 winner 12
13 Marcus Campbell 0-0 winner 13
14 Peter Ebdon 0-0 winner 14
15 Joe Perry 0-0 winner 15
16 Allister Carter 0-0 winner 16

Third round:
1 Michael White 0-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
2 Ben Woollaston 0-0 Paul Davison
3 Jamie Jones 0-0 Liu Chuang
4 Anthony Hamilton 0-0 Luca Brecel
5 Rory McLeod 0-0 David Gilbert
6 Alan McManus 0-0 Pankaj Advani
7 Gerard Greene 0-0 Alfie Burden
8 Jack Lisowski 0-0 Kurt Maflin
9 Mark King 0-0 Robbie Williams
10 Jimmy White 0-0 Aditya Mehta
11 Liang Wenbo 0-0 Adam Duffy
12 Matthew Selt 0-0 Cao Yupeng
13 Jamie Burnett 0-0 Yu De Lu
14 Nigel Bond 0-0 Anthony McGill
15 Xiao Guodong 0-0 Barry Pinches
16 Dave Harold 0-0 Mark Joyce

Second round:
1 James Wattana 5-6 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
2 Peter Lines 5-6 Paul Davison
3 Liu Chuang 6-4 Michael Wasley
4 Jimmy Robertson 2-6 Luca Brecel
5 David Gilbert 6-2 Sam Baird
6 Steve Davis 5-6 Pankaj Advani
7 Alfie Burden 6-3 Zhang Anda
8 Rod Lawler 5-6 Kurt Maflin
9 Andy Hicks 4-6 Robbie Williams
10 Mike Dunn 3-6 Aditya Mehta
11 Adam Duffy 6-5 Liam Highfield
12 Cao Yupeng 6-5 Tian Pengfei
13 Yu De Lu 6-3 Ian Burns
14 Anthony McGill 6-4 Martin O'Donnell
15 Barry Pinches 6-2 Daniel Wells
16 Mark Joyce 6-4 Dechawat Poomjaeng

First round:
2) Paul Davison 6-4 Fraser Patrick
3) Michael Wasley 6-4 Jamie O'Neill
7) Li Yan 5-6 Zhang Anda
12) Tian Pengfei 6-3 Joel Walker
1) Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-6 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
4) Luca Brecel w / o Mohamed Khairy
5) Sam Baird 6-1 Ben Judge
6) Pankaj Advani 6-1 Craig Steadman
8) Kurt Maflin 6-5 Gareth Allen
9) Robbie Williams 6-3 Scott Donaldson
10) Aditya Mehta 6-3 Michael Leslie
11) Tony Drago 3-6 Liam Highfield
13) Ian Burns 6-4 Sean O'Sullivan
14) Chen Zhe 1-6 Martin O'Donnell
15) Passakorn Suwannawat 2-6 Daniel Wells
16) Dechawat Poomjaeng 6-3 David Grace

Good news for fans of Ronnie O'Sullivan: almost immediately after signing Ronnie O'Sullivan has applied to participate in theInternational Championship .
Attached Image

EPTC 1 (Paul Hunter Classic), 23-26 August 2012, Furth, Germany

Attached Image

Paul Hunter was among the players who supported the first German Open, and today in the German FГјrth start of the tournament called the Paul Hunter Classic in 2012.
It's been six years since he died, but this week his name will again be at the hearing. Tournament Paul Hunter Classic 2012 or EPTC 1 is a part of a series of European Players Tour Championship.
Unfortunately, the tournament will be only one TV table. Live on Eurosport will begin on Friday.
event Grid
Attached Image

There are 147 points. This is the first maximum in the veteran career. Until today, a break higher Ken Doherty was a series of 145 points.

Attached Image

The final:
Attached Image

Mark Selby and Joe Swail

The winner of the Paul Hunter Classic 2012 - Mark Selby

Attached Image

Mark Selby 4-1 Joe Swail

Post has been editedkkosterin - 27.08.12, 11:30
Reason for editing: Information update

Attached Image

Next week, a four-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan for the first time this season will come to the table in the third phase of UK Players Tour Championship, the tournament will take place on 7-9 September in Gloucester.

In addition, the draw will be attended by such well-known players such as Ding Junhui, Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Stephen Maguire and Martin Gould.
Also on August 23 held WPBSA hearing Ronnie O'Sullivan, who in the period from August 2010 to March 2012 without good reason refused to participate in 11 professional tournaments. It is about 8-tournaments in 2010, one in 2011 and two in 2012, the year.

Thus, he violated a rule 1.3 .: A player must participate in the tournament, which has applied.

All episodes occurred before the signing Ronnie O'Sullivan professional contract, so it was decided to fine him suspended for 1000 (payment / non-payment of the fine will depend on the player's behavior in the current season) + ВЈ 1,000 to cover the costs of the hearing (their O` Sullivan will pay exactly).

Gourmet, YouTube:
Judd Trump vs Barry Hawkins - 2012 Snooker Championship League - the first meeting with Hawkins and Trump tromya hundreds in a row and mind bending clearance.
Link to this playlist.

UK PTC3
Translation:Live TV
Veteran Rod Lawler won his first in 22 years snooker career, professional title, beating Marco Fu in the final of UK PTC3.

Rod Lawler - winner of the UK PTC3

Attached Image

Marco Fu 2-4Rod Lawler

Post has been editedkkosterin - 10.09.12, 10:17

Attached Image
September 17-23, 2012. China

Live Stream
event Grid
Attached Image
The final:
Attached Image

In the sixth frame of the final matchJohn Higgins has played 147 points!
Attached ImageJohn Higgins 147 Maximum vs Judd Trump - 2012 Shanghai Masters
This is the 91st official maximum 6 th this year, the third this season and 6 th in the career of John Higgins.

John Higgins - winner of the 2012 Shanghai Masters

Attached Image
John Higgins (10-9) Judd Trump

Post-match player interviews:
John Higgins: "An incredible victory, I lost Judd 2: 7 and won 10: 9. There are no words to convey the full range of feelings. In the first session, he has crushed me, but I still believed that I would get a small chance to show if their game after the break. This is one of the best wins of my career. "

"I could have won 10: 8, but he felt the pressure and made a bad exit from brown to blue ball, the nerves. In the last frame I went to the far red and beat him, I was very pleased to make the clearance. "

"Judd suffered a heavy defeat. We all have had such lesions, but he will win many more titles. If you can come back stronger after such an attack, then you is a great champion. His style is reminiscent of Alex Higgins, Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan, snooker it's great. "

Judd Trump: "John - the best player with whom I have met. Today he played great, I have not had time to look round, the score was 7: 7. In the last frame I bit unlucky on the black ball. He went on a risky red, beat him and made the clearance. "

"Going out for the evening session, I realized that John is a great fighter. Maximum once again proved his level of play, but I took the next frame, so that the break did not become decisive in the match. "
Based on:www.worldsnooker.comTranslation: top-snooker.com

Post has been editedkkosterin - 27.09.12, 14:54

Four-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan the first time in 19 years fell out of the top 16 world rankings

Attached Image

This happened due to the fact that the reigning champion of the world did not sign a professional contract and refused to play in the opening tournament of the season. However, thanks to the victory at the Crucible, this season he will not have to qualify. As world champion he will be seeded in the tournament at the 2nd number, and next month will play onInternational Championship in China.

APTC 2

Steven Lee - winner of the second stage of the Asian series PTC

Attached Image
Ding Junhui 0-4stephen Lee

Attached Image

Today will be held in Sheffield qualification of the World Cup among veterans in 2012.

Attached Imagesnooker -Steve Davis vs Dennis Taylor - The Rematch 2010

EPTC 2, 5-7 October 2012, Gdynia

In Gdynia, Poland will host the final part of the second phase of the European PTC series.

Attached ImageLive Stream

Neil Robertson - winner of the Gdynia Open 2012

Attached Image

Neil Robertson Jamie Burnett 4-3

Attached Image

Post has been editedkkosterin - 10.10.12, 07:12

Steve Davis hopes to play 60 years and

Attached Image

Six-time world champion Steve Davis hopes to remain in professional sports to 60-years.

Recall, 55-year-old Davis won his last title in the distant 1997, he is now 50th in the world ranking, and two years ago, reached the quarter-finals of the world championship.

Steve Davis: "If I was a boxer, he would have walked away from the sport only for health reasons. The only thing hard to bear - this defeat, a blow to the pride of snooker, you can stay in the game as long as you deal with it. "

"I said that I retire when my rating will exceed my age, but now it can happen at any time, and I like a good politician should reconsider its initial decision."
"The question is, how long I can stay professional. Barry Hearn has offered me to hold out until the 60th, and, as this is a serious challenge. Maybe I'm the only player on the tour, which will travel in buses of the pension certificate. "
"I am one of snooker, like a hobby. But if I looked at it as a profession, it would have to stop and ask ourselves some serious questions about his future. In fact, I still enjoy the game. I am frustrated after the defeat, but looking at the guy who beat me, I say: "I'm older than your father, so you have to beat me."

Steve Davis will be the main star of the upcoming World Championship among veterans, well, those who want to look young, turn on the computer tonight.

Within the next day snooker Premier League come to the table, Mark Selby - Ding Junhui and John Higgins - Stephen Lee. Who will win? I put on Selby and Lee.

Bomb from bookmakers for Steven Lee

Attached Image

7th world number Steven Lee suspended from snooker during the investigation of new cases of suspicious betting.

Recall that in last Thursday Steven Lee lost with a score of 2-4 to John Higgins in the group stage of snooker Premier League. Against this background, at least two betting company recorded an unusual amount of big bets to win Higgins.

WPBSA made the following statement: "We believe it would be right to dismiss Stephen Lee to participate in professional matches during the investigation."
It is noteworthy that the number 2nd world ranking Judd Trump on his Twitter account questioned the efforts of Stephen Lee in the match against John Higgins.

Steven Lee He admitted that showed not the best game in this match, "Yes, I hardly trained since April this year. But if Judd allows himself such statements, I am ready to use the services of his lawyer. "

Steven Lee managerAdam Quigley "Steven is absolutely suppressed. He worked hard last season to return to the seventh place in the world rankings. He was hard going through this situation and doubts about each of his mistakes in the matches. Next week, Steven and his wife had planned to celebrate his 38th birthday. He also booked a plane ticket to the tournament in Antwerp. But now he is forced to cancel the whole thing and seek help from a lawyer. "
Only suspect Steven Lee, to John Higgins has no complaints. Investigation of the case will the chairman of the disciplinary committee WPBSA Nigel Maver.

Attached ImageJohn Higgins Vs Stephen Lee ~ 2012 Premier League snooker - final

Attached Image

The Matchroom Sport have decided to cancel the next stage of snooker Premier League, to be held October 18, 2012.
This evening at the table had to go out Stephen Lee, which is today the decision WPBSA suspended from participation in all professional tournaments.
The second match between Neil Robertson and Stuart Bingham moved to October 25th.

Results of all matches in Group B with Stephen Lee invalidated. Now, in a group of 4 players and the table is as follows:
Mark Allen - 2 points, Judd Trump - 2 points, John Higgins - 2 points, Peter Ebdon - 0 points.

EPTC 3, on October 19-21, Acuerate Antwerp Open 2012

After two days of amateur qualifications, in Belgium, begins the final part of the tournament Acuerate Antwerp Open 2012 or EPTC 3.

Attached ImageLive Stream and broadcast on channels and Eurosports Eurosports 2.

Mark Allen - winner Acuerate Antwerp Open 2012

Attached Image

Mark Allen 4-1 Mark Selby

Attached Image

Post has been editedkkosterin - 22.10.12, 17:02

Attached Image

Ronnie O'Sullivan has admitted that returning to professional snooker has not met his expectations .
36-year-old O'Sullivan will play into the 2012 International Championship in China next week. Four-time world champion hinted that the Masters in 2013 may be the last tournament of his career.

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Express.co.uk): В«I'm sorry I signed up for these tournaments. I find it hard to play. I participated in a few small tournaments and exhibition matches with Jimmy White and things did not go as I expected. I will play the next three tournaments and see what comes of it, perhaps, the Masters in January, will be my last competition. "

"If I had someone offered to withdraw from those tournaments (in China, the FT and the Masters) without fines and penalties, I would probably agree."
Ronnie O'Sullivan will not play in the International Championship 2012
Four-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan refused to participate in the biggest ranking event in the history of China's International Championship in 2012.
He again referred to the health problems: "I would like to be ready to play in Chengdu, but doctors have advised not to go. I would like to sincerely apologize to the management, sponsors and fans. "

Post has been editedkkosterin - 27.10.12, 17:11
Reason for editing: *

International Championship in 2012, 28 October - 4 November, China

Attached ImageLive Stream and broadcast on channels and Eurosports Eurosports 2.

Nigel Bond won the world championship among veterans

Attached Image

Nigel Bond won the world championship among veterans, not losing a single frame. The final 2-0 was defeated Tony Cheppel. Also Bond won such honored players like Dennis Taylor, Tony Knowles and Darren Morgan.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/09/20, 8:21