What was your first mobile phone?

Rep: (0)
Explay Rio (((Rather, I am ashamed of this phone than I boast. For he was a terrible Chinese consumer goods in his time

Post has been edited_-Queen-_ - 25.06.18, 14:39

Alcatel OneTouch (I don’t remember which one). He was terribly buggy and it was because of him that I did not touch Android smartphones for a long time.

Rep: (29)
Some Sony Ericsson in purple. With a yellow front panel and a protruding rounded battery. Supported the nw-gsm standard. I don’t remember anything about him anymore. The second was Siemens me45.

Post has been editedJohnCr2 - 05.10.18, 16:26

Rep: (612)
Motorolla l7. I still remember, although it was probably 10-14 years ago. The phone was wonderful, I remember constantly chopping into games, downloading a lot of different things from the space: D

Post has been editedKapmansay97 - 17.10.18, 23:20

Siemens M35i. He appeared with me in the summer of 2004 (it seems, in July).
My cousin gave me the phone. And for about a month I went without a SIM card - I don’t remember why. And in mid-August (it seems, the 16th), a cousin brought me a MTS SIM card with the Super Jeans tariff. I still remember everything, and the packaging from that SIM card, it seems, is still lying somewhere :) The phone, meanwhile, was an old one, it was shameful to go with it, but the fish, as they say; at that time I could only afford such a device. About a year later, his battery died, but soon after that I bought a new phone, already normal, modern.
The body color of the phone was turquoise blue, very pleasant. True, the orange backlight looked a little strange against its background. I also remember that there was an opportunity to connect the Internet, but I connected it to myself much later and on a different device. I also remember how literally the same week I received a SIM card and sent an SMS to "SMS chat" on MTV, where I asked fans of a rock band to write me X)
I don’t remember where this phone is now; It seems that after buying the next (SE k700i) we gave it back to his brother.

Samsung galaxy mini. If it weren’t for the battery and the memory, I would go with it now. great machine. Just unkillable. I flew a lot

Post has been editedEgorych1237 - 03.11.18, 14:18
Reason for editing:

Rep: (12)
Nokia 3310: lol:

Rep: (154)
Samsung X100. He appeared with me in September or October 2003. Immediately took a SIM card YUST, the tariff of the Green family (number was +7902) :)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedfroster_dandy - 18.11.18, 16:34

Rep: (27)
Siemens A65: rofl:

Rep: (9)
Siemens me 45, Motorola c 115)))

Posted on 12/23/2018, 07:45:

* Alpha_Prime , then jeans seemed to be a separate operator)

Rep: (1)
Lg l4
Attached Image

Rep: (6)
COMMUNICATIONS

The first injection of the virus from mini-gadgets I received a long time ago when I bought Casio’s electronic notebook in 1992, it was very inconvenient to use, there was more trouble and I quickly cooled to electronic devices, the first infection only strengthened the immune system.
The second vaccine I received in 1998, when they told me at work to buy a mobile phone, I bought not only Nokia 6110, at that time the owner of the company had the same pipe, it cost some kind of crazy money for about 600 dollars, plus the connection was worth wild money, it took a minimum of 200-300 dollars a month, but the company I worked for paid, so I was not particularly upset (it was in Egypt)

One of the visits to the head office in Moscow, the owner (the Turks) saw the phone as he was only newer, said “let me see the nuke, I bought it,” and took it to me, and gave it to me, my old one. He quickly died six months later, I, following the owner’s precepts: “never buy smartly” bought Nokia 6150 for myself, I had the same pipe from the hotel’s general manager, the Frenchman, and we made friends on this basis. Then it was a moment of prestige, and they began to give me noticeably more often.

I drowned this Nokia, but it barely survived and worked, and then came the new tiny Nokia 8110 the size of a pack of cigarettes, a dream, and not a phone, weightless, flat and small so that I could not feel it in my pocket. At that time, manufacturers competed with someone with a smaller phone, the apotheosis was Motorola which, worn like a watch on a strap. Nokia 8110 was small, but not tenacious because of the small battery, and since my work involved 8-12 hours of communication per day, it was not enough for a day. Yes, yes, my young readers, it was not normal to charge the phone for three or four days at that time, there was no mobile Internet, it started a couple of years later.

I exchanged little Nokia for a new Nokia 6210. It was not a killable pipe, by the way, then there was a standard telephone in all Mercedes, and the corrosive Germans know what to choose. It was the most tenacious phone of all in all respects, he survived in the wild Egyptian heat, I worked almost always in the open air at the airport. The battery held the iron until late in the evening with monstrous loads, for 12-15 hours of negotiations per day, the ear was swollen and sore from the sound, or from radiation. With her, I successfully survived until 2002, well, and then for my birthday they gave me the first handheld computer with a Palm stylus 130m

It was a miracle, a color (!) Screen, high resolution and the ability to connect it via bluetooth to your phone and go online !!! This is exactly what was perceived with three exclamations then. After that, I was finally and chronically infected with gadgetomania. I got it second-hand from a friend who was involved in decorating apartments for oligarchs, he hired brigades and successfully led the process. He kept a modest note in his notebook that he forgot to delete: Received from A.M. 8 thousand, 1 thousand hard workers, 2 materials, 5 to me.

This Palm lasted a year with me, and I completely switched to it, took notes, kept a business calendar, even watched movies, generally did everything that is being done with smartphones only without calls and the Internet. I connected to the Internet through Nokia 6220, but it was inconvenient to carry two phones to my pocket.

He began to search and suddenly discovered a miracle! The first communicator (or smartphone) Treo 600 with a full keyboard, a screen two and a half inches 160 by 160 pixels, the pixels were visible, and the fonts were with cubes, but most importantly a SIM card was inserted into it and it was possible to make calls! He worked on the Palm operating system, which was one-on-one with the current iPhones

But there was a problem, they were sold only in the USA and England and were laid on the operator. I quickly found Ocazia, it was my friend, a diver from London, just at that time he was there on vacation, I asked him to buy and bring me to Egypt. I am still amazed as an unfamiliar friend, the Englishman (!) Agreed to buy it for his money, $ 700 by the way, and bring it to me. Lucky!

He brought it to me, but now he had to be unlocked. I began to sit on a forum dedicated to this device, it was the only forum on planet Earth, since there were only a few tens of thousands of owners of these outlandish devices, as a result of which the company went bankrupt before the release of iPhones. At that time, buying a phone for $ 700 was riding crazy.

I sat on the forum day and night for two weeks, got to know all the hackers, and one of them was American, agreed to help me, he sent me the files, I learned the codes, and all night we danced with a tambourine, he was in Texas, I in Sharm El Sheikh.
In the morning our office shuddered at my scream when the phone after the twentieth reboot, came to life, greeted me and caught the Vodafone Egypt network!

I left the office drunk with joy, caught a taxi and drove home, all the way I did not let go of the phone, poking at the buttons and checking it. Arriving home, I inserted it charged into the cradle at the head of the bed and looked at him happily fell asleep.
I was like a white crow with Treo, firstly no one understood what this thing was, and secondly only geeks like me had smartphones, but by communications I was ahead of the rest. Firstly, he had a good built-in camera 640 x 480 on which it was possible to take only a photo (there was no video yet) and send it right there by mail via ZHPRS communication !!! It was a miracle.

Mobile Internet cost crazy money, the company paid fifteen hundred dollars a month for my bills, but it was worth it. Nobody heard about Weifai then; he will begin to crawl in two years into the masses.
We went with my workmate to Marsa Alam, to the south of Egypt, almost to the border with Sudan, to contract new hotels not yet seen on the Russian market. We were Columbus.
As before, all this happened, the photographer was traveling, taking photos on film, then slides were made, they were scanned digitally and sent to a website or print, or simply scanned photos. The period from start to finish took at least a week or two. Digital cameras were just starting to appear, the era of numbers was just beginning.

We had a professional Minolt digital camera with 5 megapixels, it was an unattainable figure, any professional photographer would be ready to stand in the pose of a running Egyptian to get it, it cost like a small car. It was bought by the owner of the company, which by the way was very advanced and obsessed with advanced technologies and did not spare money for it.

But even with a digital camera, you had to take a picture, then get to a stationary computer, transfer them there and then send them by disk to Moscow or by e-mail greatly reducing it, it was impossible to do this on the road.
And here I am with my six hundredth Treo, I go into the hotel, during his inspection I take a photo and then send them to the girls in the office, and they are further to the agents and the chain of customers, even if the photos were not of super quality, but they were like photos from a moon rover sent from space! I think to say that sales have gone up and we were the most efficient, no need.

Then I installed on it two popular and perhaps the only Skype and ICQ messengers, then the messenger could only be installed on the computer, and my colleagues and friends had a stupor when I wrote that I was writing from the car. The presence of a camera and instant messengers greatly helped, especially shooting controversial moments, drunken tourists who behaved inappropriately and denied everything in the aftermath.

There was no need to sit in the office to communicate at work and a bunch of other goodies, for example, recording telephone conversations. At that time, it was a curiosity and that customers, threats, mats, etc. didn’t yell at the phone. When disassembling, these records greatly helped out.
The smartphone itself was cool, a full keyboard, built-in battery, finger control, a sim card and a memory card could be inserted without disassembling the phone, the cherry on the cake was a toggle switch to mute the ringer on the case. Doesn’t resemble anything? (IPhone will be released in three years)

In addition, the appearance of the phone aroused everyone's curiosity and attracted glances, at that time it looked like an alien spy device.

Rep: (85)
Motorola c650.
Alive to this day.

Rep: (6)
Siemens S35.
I went with him for about 5 years until the battery controller died. When I removed the battery I found under it a proud nameplate "Made in Germany"

Motorola KRZR K1. The central button fell off, the battery died, but it still works

Rep: (60)
Siemens a35. At that time seemed very cool. : good_luck:

Rep: (103)
Ericsson GA628.
Back in the last century. How long has it been ...)
A photo.
Attached Image

Post has been editedHarry Grape - 01.04.19, 22:17
Reason for editing: Photo.

Rep: (42)
Alcatel OT-C552

Rep: (156)
Nokia 6700s

Rep: (25)
My first phone was some kind of touch Nokia with two very loud speakers and a touch screen (I forgot the name), which I got from my parents.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 16:28