> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Lenovo A789 - Discussion

Rep: (1622)
DiscussionLenovo A789
PictureLenovo A789
Description | Discussion » | FAQ | Purchase » | Accessories В»| Marriage | Firmware » | Lenovo Fans Club »

Specifications
Memory4GB (ROM) + 512M (Ram)
CPU: MTK6577 ARMv7 Cortex-A9 Dual-core 1.0GHz
GPU: PowerVR SGX531 Ultra
Screen: 4.0 "WVGA, 480 x 800, 16M Colors (TBD), TFT-LCD (5 points)
Physical dimensions: 126.6 x 65.4 x 13.2 mm
Device weight: 154.8 g

Support2 SIM cards.
1. 3G Network WCDMA / HSPA / HSPA +: 900 / 2100MHz
2. 2G GSM / GPRS / EDGE: 900/1800 / 1900MHz

Battery: 2000 mAh

System osAndroid 4.0.4
Expansion Up to (TF-Card), MAX support 32GB
Features
Dual Sim Dual Standby, supports W + G, G + G
Built In GPS & A.GPS
Bluetooth with EDR & A2DP
Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b / g / n, supports Wi-Fi hotspot
Micro USB 2.0
Dual Camera: Back 5.0 mega pixel / MAX 2560x1920 / Auto Focus, Front 0.3 mega pixel
Supports Skype Video Calls
Support to shoot 3GP 720P (1280x720) with sound, Max 30 mins
Gravity sensor
Proximity Sensor
Light sensor
FM radio
Video fomat: AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MOV, ASF, MPEG, RMVB, H.263, H.264, etc.
Audio format: MP3, AAC, WAV, etc.
3.5mm stereo audio jack
Multi-touch
Schedule Power on / off
Camera back5.0 mega pixel , Front 0.3 mega pixel
LanguageChinese and English
Factory kit: Lenovo A789, One battery, Power adapter, USB Cable, Earphone
A photo
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Performance, interface screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews
Drivers
Attached fileDrivers_a789.rar(6.08 MB)
MTP mode driver, Modem driver
Using 64Gb SD Card
The phone supports cards over 32Gb. For normal operation, it must be formatted in Fat32.
Windows "can not" format these cards in Fat32. For formatting, use the utility GuiFormat.
Source link
Attached fileguiFormat_FAT32.exe(72 KB)

FAQ
FAQ is under construction. If you have something to add, click in the header "Message to the curator"

Q>Battery quickly sit down what to do?
A>In the Settings menu>Developer settings turn off all.
A>Tips to improve power saving devices on Android OS

Q>The phone does not see the WiFI point
A>On some firmware there is a limitation of 11 channels. (Compare WiFi FCC and ETSI standards)
Solutions to the problem:
1. Install the firmware that supports all 14 channels.
2. Set a fixed channel on the router.

Q>Where to get instructions for disassembling, replacing glass, display.
BUT>Instruction Instruction2on incomplete disassembly.
A>Videofor disassembling the replacement of the touchscreen. Replace the display without removing the touchscreen does not work. In most cases, when removing the glass breaks.

Q>There will be Android 4.1 for our device.
A>Lenovo's official response to the P700I Topic on the Lenovo forum: "Updates on outdated phones will not be released."

Q>After the incoming call there is no possibility to end the conversation until at the other end hang up. The screen is black. Does not react to anything.
BUT>The problem is in the proximity sensor. Dirt on the screen in the sensor area. Protective film. There is no contact in the sensor loop. Faulty sensor.

History change caps
2013.06.04 - Added MTP mode driver, modem driver
2013.07.26 - Started the FAQ
2013.07.29 - Using 64Gb SD Card

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 26.02.18, 13:42
Reason for editing: Navigator

Rep: (5)
RCA, Thank you for creating the topic, I think it is already quite relevant.
The main question is, are there any owners of this unit on the forum?
How much did the phone's operating time suffer due to a more powerful processor?
Does anyone still have a normal Russian firmware on hand? (Photos of Russian firmware are on Ali)

Rep: (75)
AdamZZ @ 08/08/2012, 18:49*
Does anyone still have a normal Russian firmware on hand? (Photos of Russian firmware are on Ali)

As far as we know from conversations with sellers, the Russian-language self-made firmware has glitches. Includingnot working camera .

Rep: (194)
A small review from the comradevsdem with http://forum.china-iphone.ru

Rep: (1)
mr. EXPERT @ 08/10/2012, 11:49 PM*
Regarding the language and the market, at the aforementioned forum, Qqqs has already made multilingual firmware with the Russian language, root and Google services. Only to spread it in no hurry, wants to sell it to the Chinese ...
Now, given this news, I am still leaning towards the A789 model because the new percent is better than the screen than the 750 and in my subjective opinion is more beautiful.

Post has been editedmr. EXPERT - Today, 11:55 PM

comradeQqqs in touch ;-) From myself I advise 789.
In the video review - there are contacts, write.
Video review firmware

Rep: (2)
Lenovo A789 Russian firmware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCH_hntdsE8

Rep: (75)
Deamon.dreem @ 08/12/2012, 10:27 PM*
Here only at the expense of a different form, it is very winning. Much prettier

Just because of the different shapes, I would like to see a comparison of the thickness.
In addition to the back cover, I liked the thinning to the bottom of the case and the fact that all the connectors are now on top.
In general, apparently not very bad. At first, I somehow didn’t like this device (512 RAMs are not enough), but after watching the tests I decided that it was worth buying it. : sveta:

p.s. In addition, the price tag of 170 greens is very humane.)

Post has been editedRCA - 12.08.12, 21:42

Rep: (8)
RCA,
promised pictures
Screen comparison
Attached Image

Subjectively - the screen is slightly less bright. The viewing angles are absolutely identical - absolutely none :)

Lenovo A750 on top, on the A789
Attached Image

Unfortunately, the photo is not high quality. The sizes turned out to be 100% identical, only 789 have slightly protruding corners. The photo is not even visible due to the selected angle of view.

A few comparative photos
Attached Image

Attached Image

In general, the case is a little thinner. The only thickening is in the area of ​​the chamber. But the glass of the camera is recessed in a metal rim. Those. if you put it on the table, then the emphasis is on the rim.
In general - the phone is nicer in the hand than 750. Even despite my love for soft-touch plastic :)

Rep: (292)
M
The topic has been moved to the “Android Device” section.

Rep: (3)
anton727, more or less vigorously discuss it here:

To6oE, there you will find instructions on how to reflash it and, in fact, the firmware itself.

Post has been editedmr. EXPERT - 20.08.12, 00:40

Rep: (9)
EVILORD_22 @ 08.21.2012, 00:26*
Comrades, I'm sorry for the banal question, but with no tension, I can’t do it myself. Does the camera of this device allow you to get high-quality legible photo text?

http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?p=679697#p679697

5 megapixels. Not Kenon, but OK. Only no flash.

Post has been editedalitsta - 21.08.12, 01:00

Rep: (0)
strange on the site Lenovo A 789 just nohttp://appserver.lenovo.com.cn/Lenovo_Mobi...goryCode=A25B04
or I didn’t find ??? 750th is.

I am MAVr @ 08.21.2012, 17:47*
Yes, the product was released and forgot to present, suspiciously however. Although I really like the phone for this price.

The phone was made specifically for the Chinese market and for a particular telecom operator, probably it advertises.

Rep: (5)
Regarding the battery - that’s what they write in the blochttp://lovecellphone.wordpress.com/

Battery:

Lenovo A789 comes with one 2000Mah battery, which is a great power for the phone. According to exited experience, 2000mah battery can last 5-6days standby.

I ordered with pandaville for 180 tanks, the impression of the phone is good for the money, the first glitch when you press the call the screen turns off and the buttons do not work until the person you call answers the phone (this was not the case from the beginning, the reset does not help, I don’t know what do, there are no firmware yet to rearrange .. I delved into the applications pre-installed by the factory, a bunch of all sorts of online services, I thought to delete or disable it, maybe this led to a glitch ?!

Rep: (3)
Who wants to buy this phone I highly recommend finding someone who has it and see the screen brightness and viewing angle when playing a video file. I just drove that back because of this. When I took it yesterday, I did not try to watch the video. It turns out the viewing angle is so small that literally 5 degrees in any direction and the picture is completely inverted when watching a video. The brightness is on the makmashalku at him and my LG P500 is in the middle and my screen looks brighter and my viewing angles are simply excellent after that. It’s good that I was able to return it, and if you are thinking of ordering it from China, I strongly advise you to do what I wrote. Outwardly, everything is done beyond praise the assembly is just excellent. It looks very solid and beautiful.

Rep: (40)
I got one like that yesterday. I have it under supervision, but not in my use. I patched the Russian firmware, but unfortunately, there is a jamb with it - God forbid, she eats the battery.

Rep: (194)
dubik_67 @ 08.23.2012, 00:54*
how to flash through a flash tool

http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=21081
In the hat.

Rep: (1825)
Here are my small aesthetic improvements made on the modified firmware from APKHOT posted earlierHere.
The repackaged logo.bin with the lenovo inscription and the Russified pictures (the Chinese inscriptions were also removed) for the charging mode in the disconnected state (logo.bin from sgg is taken as the basis). Install the update.zip file through recovery.
Beautiful boot animation of lenovo with sound. Unpack the Boot animation.rar archive and upload its contents using RootExplorer to the system \ media folder after deleting the files with the same name.
Then we delete the logo from APKHOT, for this RootExplor th delete the boot_logo file in the system \ media \ images folder. Now everything is stylish and beautiful.

Attached files

Attached fileupdate.zip(246.35 KB)
Attached fileBoot animation.rar(5.72 MB)

Post has been editedfrost_ua - 23.08.12, 12:13

Rep: (51)
Hello!
Here I wrote a review on Lenovo A789, maybe someone will be useful
http://china-review.com.ua/reviews/smartph...enovo-a789.html
If you have questions - ask, I will be happy to answer :)

Rep: (2)
Guys, I throw a thought, then I think someone will check it. The Lenovo A789 has a 2000mAh battery, while the Lenovo P700 and P700I already have a 2500mAh battery. In appearance, the phones are very similar, so now the question is, is the Lenovo P700 battery suitable for Lenovo A789? The only difference in my opinion is that one is 2000mAh / 7.4wh, the other 2500mAh / 9.5wh. Itself is not strong in electrical engineering, perhaps this difference will not allow it to function without damage to the device, so I put the idea into view, do not kick much. Who will say what?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/07/19, 14:50