Linux on AllWinner A10 | The principle of operation, discussion and build kernels

Rep: (40)
I suggest in this thread to discuss Linux installation techniques to the tablet and whistles with AllWinner A10.

The process of loading A10
So: AllWiller A10 is closed to change the area that is called BROM (aka BIOS).
BROM loads of (EXT-SD, NAND) boot0 file, which contains some information about the hardware.
The main equipment of the same information is in the file sys_config.fex. There are various utilities to edit the config file. After boot0 raised, BROM loads boot1 (used for raising the other devices), boot1 in turn loads boot.axf. To boot Linux, then boot.axf load U-Boot, the rest is U-Boot takes over.

In principle AllWinner download such: brom ->boot0 ->boot1 ->boot.axf ->u-boot ->kernel
Download detailed process is described here.

The Internet also is full of information about installing Linux on a "whistles" type MK802. But here's information about installing Linux on your tablet with A10 as the main system is not a lot. I beg to gather efforts to help as best he can.

Ubuntu Linux installation method on the device with the A10.

Doing what is described below, you do not risk anything, except the loss of information on your stick. Make backups.

The main problem: Read only those who Tablets
If you have a "whistle" skip it.
I want to tell once the pitfalls. On the gourmet forums flashed reported that they were able to run Ubuntu without any problems the method described below on the plates. But I have Ainol Novo 7 Aurora this was not possible. The essence of the problem: It is successfully written to the USB flash drive, insert the sdcard, turn the plate ... and the silence! Only the tablet heats up, then all the same work.
It turns BROM engages loader from flash, but it is the core of Ubuntu can not initialize the display, because of that even light is not working, the tablet does not give evidence of the work, except a little heated. In this case, advised to check the work with HDMI, for assembly to "whistle", which do not have a display, but I unfortunately do not have the possibility to check the HDMI. Experience in the assembly of a custom kernel for the Android do not have, collect only the core Ubuntu for home.
In general as long as it is the main problem.
Need help in assembly and dopilivanii core.

Note: This method will erase all your data on an external MicroSD card!
Stick must be 4 GB and more!, otherwise the system image is copied entirely.

The users Linux / Mac:
  • Download the desired image on the links below
  • Unzip the image(E.g. p7zip CLI is p7zip -d lubuntu-desktop-12.04-4-miniand.com.img.7z)
  • Connect the MicroSD card to the computer, not by mounting it
  • Identify device address the utility fdisk: sudo fdisk -l(Get example: / dev / sdd)
  • Copy the image of the dd command,Make sure the address of the device (Dd if = lubuntu-desktop-12.04-2-miniand.com.img of = / dev / sdd)
  • Making sure that the image is recorded: sudo sync
  • Turning off your Android device, insert the USB flash drive and turn it on

The users Windows:
  • Download the desired image on the links below
  • Unpack the image of the program7-zip
  • Connect the SD card to a computer
  • Copy the image to a USB flash drive programImage Writer
  • Turning off your Android device, insert the USB flash drive and turn it on

If your tablet is no longer included!
Not vlyuchaet it can only for one reason: It prevents the loader which is on a flash drive. Remove the USB flash drive, and it will start.USB flash drive to return to the previous state can be simple formatting in Windows, and in Linux snesya partition table.
sudo dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev / sdH bs = 1M count = 1

Download: Lubuntu 12.04 + Xubuntu 12.04 + A10 Debian Server
Some Ubuntu images for AllWinner A10 availablehere

Here's another interesting Android and Linux installation method on Elf.

The reason for the lack of backlighting of displays found!
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora- Unzip the file and replace the first FAT partitionAttached fileevb.bin.tar.gz(6.9 KB)

On the other tablets is unlikely to fit, therefore, to tear out your "native" script0.bin, renames it and evb.bin kladide in the root of the first section, replacing another file. (If someone does not understand how this is done, write, I try to explain)

Here's a helpful tip fromtuscanman
collect teammake ARCH = arm sun4i_defconfig
This kernel to set parameters. Then, of course, you need tomake ARCH = arm menuconfig and walk through the options. Well, the assembly - build.sh -p sun4i , But there need to podrihtovat path to the compiler. Specifically - in /scripts/build_sun4i.sh to fix this line:
export CROSS_COMPILE = arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
After the "=" to set the path (something like/ Src / toolchain / arm / bin / arm-none-linux-gnueabi- ).

The script also makes ramdisk image, and the image of the boot (boot.img)

Links with interesting information about the A10

Post has been editedZyomich - 28.03.16, 21:39
Reason for editing: corrected links

Rep: (123)
With regard to the core - you can try to integrate from CM9 by Quarx (this mod for Ainol Aurora, the very core of the round to collect the author)
Yet it is not clear in which case repack the image. There infa on this issue?
In general, if there is a known method of repackaging, I can participate in the revival, because the experience of dancing with a tambourine on Linux there :)

Post has been editeduno.kms - 23.07.12, 17:55

uno.kms,
It would be good to integrate this core! :)
And what about how to repack the image ... As I understand it, it is a complete image of a broken stick, was created as commando dd. Is it possible for Linux to mount such images for rw? If not, then as an option, transfer it to a USB flash drive of the same dd, yes, "handles" to try to shove the kernel in that section. Pack the same
dd if = / dev / sdX of = / mnt / backup / sda.img conv = sync, noerror

On a flash drive we have two sections: the first like Fat (? 16-32), the second Ext (2-4?). I know that the BROM looking boot0 on Fat file system. The rest must have the kernel and the system itself.
For me, where Scarecrow - itself a replacement kernel. "What how?" : D

Post has been editedExim - 23.07.12, 18:04

Exim, there is at this forum, which is laid out proper image of the system, written in comments how to mount this image in Linux:
sudo mount -o loop, offset = $ ((512 * 2048)) lubuntu-desktop-12.04-1-miniand.com.img mnt
sudo mount -o loop, offset = $ ((512 * 34816)) lubuntu-desktop-12.04-1-miniand.com.img mnt2

But here's how to cook up the image - a word (although maybe I was looking bad?)
That's still there marred the last round of kernel under our Soup:
https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner/tr...linux-3.3-sun4i

uno.kms,
Concoct it will not be difficult. :) But there are so many little things ... always something missing.
And if you edit the transferred image on the stick as it is (by editing the file), then to get this way, it will be enough to create a sector-based copy of the flash team
dd if = / dev / sdX of = / mnt / backup / sda.img conv = sync, noerror
Now I try to repackage the image without flash scientific random. :)

Simply put, what we need now - Editing hard disk image without any of the hard drive. It seems something like that.

Post has been editedExim - 23.07.12, 18:21

Exim, Yes, it turns out that way. This image - this is a simple dd and stick to the author, in which sections of stupid Offset can catch :)
I'll have to buy a USB flash drive and try to meditate on it all. IN)

uno.kms,
You have Linux? If so, I hasten to please, do not need a flash drive! I got to open the image as a folder, and edit the files in it.
su
mkdir / mnt / android && mkdir / mnt / android / 1 && mkdir / mnt / android / 2
mount -o loop, offset = $ ((2048 * 512)) lubuntu-desktop-12.04-4-1080p-1GB-miniand.com.img / mnt / android / 1
mount -o loop, offset = $ ((34816 * 512)) lubuntu-desktop-12.04-4-1080p-1GB-miniand.com.img / mnt / android / 2

after this, if you open such sudo dolphin, you can directly copy / delete / modify files.
uImage this is the kernel? It lies in the / mnt / android / 1, try to replace it? :)

Post has been editedExim - 23.07.12, 18:33

Rep: (7)
Now I will try to make Onda: thank_you: I hope not ubyus: happy:

D = b2-4ac
nothing terrible happen should. : Yes2:
Waiting for your results!

Copy the image to a USB flash drive program Image Writer

More?

Rep: (29)
for me until the question of what evb.bin in the loader and for which he is responsible.
have to put linux, then watch utility fex2bin (from sun4i tools), under Windows counterpart has not yet found

With regard to the core - you can try to integrate from CM9 by Quarx (this mod for Ainol Aurora, the very core of the round to collect the author)

Yes, I think it is not necessary to collect, you can try just to put the boot parameters, create a partition for Ubuntu, to pour the collected image and try to boot.
besides our uboot allows you to boot from a USB drive, tested empirically.
Yes, and by the way, I probably was a little bit in a stupor when, after flash format recorded ubuntu of a cap, which naturally do not ship (due to other config files from the mele) and gave out a black screen.
and I erased all the partitions and format fdisk 'om - all to no avail.

It turns out to no longer boot from this USB drive was enough to take down the partition table team

sudo dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev / sdb bs = 1M count = 1

because the loader held from 1-2048 sector (or 1024 - can not remember).
in general it is prescribed and to the usual format utility is not removed.
This is the question of what is now here to start messages, downloaded image and now the tablet does not turn on, not sewn, and so on - they say, the body and all.
Not all users will guess to remove the stick.

under Windows, you can use the program flashnulhttp://shounen.ru/soft/flashnul/#download
flashnul e: -F --range = 0; 2048 -P
Where e: - USB flash drive inserted, gently, not to be confused with Hardy!

That's still there marred the last round of kernel under our Soup:
https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner/tr...linux-3.3-sun4i

marred, but so far everything is stable

Post has been edited777L - 31.07.12, 14:17

D = b2-4ac unfortunately not prompt for this prog anything, because Windows on your computer is not.
I think everything should be easy. Specify the image * .img, specify a stick and voila. If it is difficult, write, we will investigate and write a guide on the go :)

D = b2-4ac
Swing Windows binaries. In the column, select Image File unpacked image system, Device - your flash drive. Write - write the image. It's simple. ;)

Yes, I wrote the way through Windu this image writer 'om - all ok.

found, however, that such evb.bin
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/05/06/edi...les-script-bin/
generally this resource is all for the assembly and of information, only necessary to read carefully.
there is also the sea of ​​scripts to facilitate the work

I'm sorry, just not the file opened: rofl:

777L, well that is noticed. Made by your Board in cap. :)
As for the rest, there Asa able to recompile the kernel to Aurora? I am interested in configs themselves, who can be able to do this? In an extreme case, I give your Linux Ubuntu to VNC Servers to simplify raboty..esli who Only Windows.))

And by the way! Who is testing the Linux installation method if the tablet "is not included," try HDMI!

Post has been editedExim - 23.07.12, 19:14

Exim , The trick is that the usual formatting the flash drive you do not return to the normal state (in linux, in windows, well, maybe just a low-level or special utility of some ...
I tried and fdisk and the gparted, and in Windows standard, the format in different file systems, thought ... and then I ponyal- that the usual format of the initial sector touches ..)
for me it was a matter of not knowing the basic foundations of the information storage.
so it may be useful will.

Post has been edited777L - 23.07.12, 19:14

Yes, evb.bin is a regular board config. The Aurora also has a - script0.bin
lies close to the nucleus in the loader section.

Now remained undisclosed topic activation screen. If you take the core from the Aurora, the modules must be (in cyan so at least) in the / system / lib / modules, and in a normal Linux modules are in / lib / modules / $ kernel_ver / kernel. Then either recompile the kernel from the Gita Amery, or see where this is prescribed in kvarksovom.

even by the way - there is a firmware elf with dualbutom
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/32646-wip-...-03ubuntu-1204/
you can try it finished to begin with, can be easier, at the same time to understand how it is implemented.
around here saw a very worthwhile post in this firmware is arranged and how to organize dual-boot.
later I find.

Posted 23-07-2012, 19:25:

Now remained undisclosed topic activation screen. If you take the core from the Aurora, the modules must be (in cyan so at least) in the / system / lib / modules, and in a normal Linux modules are in / lib / modules / $ kernel_ver / kernel. Then either recompile the kernel from the Gita Amery, or see where this is prescribed in kvarksovom.

write that need to copy them to the banal rootfs in lib / modules /

There are some files specific to A10 in the rootfs, namely the kernel modules and OpenGL ES files, so we need to extract them in order to copy in the our new rootfs lateron.

cd mnt2
tar cjvf ../a10_modules_3.0.8.tar.bz2 lib / modules / 3.0.8 + /
tar cjvf ../a10_opengles.tar.bz2 lib / libUMP.so lib / libEGL.so lib / libGLESv2.so lib / libGLESv1_CM.so lib / libMali.so
cd ..
sudo umount mnt

Post has been edited777L - 23.07.12, 19:25

777L, Also I tried this firmware. Shilsya through LayvSyuit. The result is the same: black screen. As far as I remember, I have it, even in Android do not ship. Not really a big difference in the Elf and Aurora?

uno.kms @ 23.07.2012, 22:18*
Yes, evb.bin is a regular board config. The Aurora also has a - script0.bin

What is most interesting, the first section of the Ubuntu image lies precisely evb.bin. It can start to be renamed in the usual kind of Aurora script0.bin? At what stage is the call script0.bin?

And what about the modules I do not even know. How many modules is responsible at least for the activation of the backlight? To even find it, and somehow stick in Ubuntu. Although the thrust is half-troubles, there is in fact necessary to register it somehow.
Can try to copy the uImage with cyanogen in this first section?

Post has been editedExim - 23.07.12, 19:30

Exim And you did not try to shove him script.bin and script0.bin from Aurora?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 18/02/20, 20:40