> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

241 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Philips Xenium W732 - Discussion | Smartphone, 4.3 "
Kind_S_Topor
Message#1
16.07.12, 00:39
Sectant Xiaomist
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 631
Check in: 27.08.12

DiscussionPhilips Xenium W732
PicturePhilips Xenium W732
Description | Discussion � | Firmware � | Accessories � | A source of information | GPS � | PHILIPS CLUB �

useful links
Instructions
Reviews
Mini FAQ
Q: How to increase the volume when recording video?
A:Engineering menu - audio-normal mode - mic - level4 - set the value to 230 or close to it, the maximum setting is undesirable.
Q: How to take a screenshot?
A: At the same time press the power button and the volume button "less"
Q: Lost the opportunity to choose which SIM card to call
A: Settings - SIM card management - voice call - always asking - and there will be happiness (If contacts are tied to a specific SIM card, then calls will always pass through it, checked, so that you have to untie it)
Q: In the gallery in the thumbnails of the pages shows one image, when opening another. What's the matter?
A: Go to Applications - Settings - Applications:
1) Gallery - clear the cache;
2) Storage media - erase data.
Off phone, incl. Phone, wait for 10 minutes - everything is okay or turn off the standard gallery in the settings, and install QuickPic — it works much faster, and more convenient))
Q: Hello, tell me which program is standard for backup on the phone? 29 firmware
A: You are surprised, but it is called -Backup and Restore
Q: I do not always have an alarm clock, what should I do?
A: 100% solution of problems with an alarm clock starting at 17 (if any) and ending with version 29 of the firmware
set the clock widget on the desktop (not world time), set the alarm clock there and close it with a check mark.
After these actions, there will be no clock on the long tapa on the house, and accordingly you will not be able to close them and the alarm clock will work properly (albeit Chinese).
Must Have Software
Please complyrules, especially:
4.4. If you find a topic that fits your problem, then you should not immediately write your message in it. It is very likely that your problem has already been discussed and a solution has been found. Use the "print version" and search by keyword in it. Be sure to read the topic header - it contains useful information, especially for you.
4.7.1. When answering an existing topic, try to formulate your question or answer so that it is understandable to the other forum participants. Avoid flooding, philosophizing, lyrical digressions.

Attention! Be sure to read!
Dear forum users, use the buttons more actively. "Good" or "poorly" under the posts, help make the topic cleaner!

With your questions and suggestions you can always contact Curator this section!

- Before asking a question, use the search in the topic and read the FAQ.
- If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a specific
participant /.
- The reputation of other participants can be affected by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the COMPLAINT button.
- Questions, answers to which are in the header, as well as offtopic, will be deleted by me without comment.
- If in doubt, write your question in the LS to the curator of the topic. He will answer or redirect you to a knowledgeable person.
- If you are writing a post asking for help, provide detailed information about the firmware version, in detail what and how you did, which OS version is on the computer.
- Thank!

-When writing a post, remove the attached images under the spoiler! You do not know how to do this, write to me in QMS / Ignoring this rule will lead to the removal of your post!

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedLexx808 - 09.03.19, 18:02
Reason for editing: An article on how to turn this phone into a clock
logistics
Message#2
19.07.12, 23:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 223
Check in: 21.07.11

"In 2006–2007, Royal Philips Electronics concern gradually sold its mobile phone manufacturing division to the Chinese company China Electronics Corporation (CEC)" Long run time is achieved by a large battery and an economical processor. This is an ordinary Chinese device, which has one advantage - service support in Russia, subject to official sales in our country, which will be 99.8%. 0.2% for deciding not to sell smartphones in Russia.

Post has been editedlogistics - 19.07.12, 23:13
dinoel
Message#3
21.07.12, 14:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 364
Check in: 29.11.07

Some photos + test results + camera shotshere
Personally, I do not understand why it was possible to produce such a phone, there is nothing interesting except a battery. And the screen resolution is not enough ... And the price is high.

Post has been editeddinoel - 21.07.12, 14:05
ZenPC
Message#4
11.09.12, 16:30
User
[offline]

Messages 88
Check in: 06.04.09
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Recorded video, you can see how the device works.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61dhn3hQX70
Tigrun9i
Message#5
16.09.12, 12:13
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 05.09.10

a review appeared on the mail
Madgeniy
Message#6
25.09.12, 09:11
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 34
Check in: 21.09.12

In the user manual, phillips always indicate the SAR level at the end. So the owners will be able to say.
Madgeniy
Message#7
25.09.12, 09:30
Novice
[offline]

Messages 34
Check in: 21.09.12

Found.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&am...aZg&cad=rjt
Yet 0.384 with European standards. Well, other phones do not write about this level at all, the choice will remain on the phone + tablet
AlexMutant
Message#8
25.09.12, 09:31
Local
[online]

Messages 191
Check in: 09.06.10
Honor 4x

Brochure
Instruction
As can be seen, from the site.
aero377
Message#9
27.09.12, 15:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 160
Check in: 14.11.08
Lenovo P2 3/32

aero377 @ 09/27/2012, 1:46 PM*
Why force 2G?

Forcing on 2G disables 3G frequency scanning. This gives less battery consumption. Why the 3G device when I'm not surfing the internet? For synchronization and 2G is enough. On the current machine, I subjectively give 10 percent of the increase in working time.

aero377 @ 09/27/2012, 1:46 PM*
plus you can choose (on data transmission) GSM / WCDMA (automatically) or only WCDMA.
in the same menu.

Now I have 3 items in settings: only 2G, only 3G, automatically. In W732, only 2 points, I understand correctly?

Post has been editedaero377 - 27.09.12, 15:36
Hunter123
Message#10
27.09.12, 17:18
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1587
Check in: 10.05.11
Asus Fonepad 8 FE380CG

plus you can choose (on data transmission) GSM / WCDMA (automatically) or only WCDMA.

Automatically this phone will switch to 3G if it is detected. What is not always convenient (see below)
The gps I still do not cling very well (as it seems to me), but for some reason I think that in the firmware case, this can be?

I have a GPS buggy on Alik that I didn’t do. It does not catch very well, although on the street there is always a good reception in principle. But the coordinates can not give out for 5-10 minutes. Although many satellites have already found. And this is not a cold start at all.
I do not know, maybe there is a similar bug here? Or the problem is purely software ...

Posted on 09/27/2012, 17:18:

aero377 @ 09/27/2012, 16:33*
Forcing on 2G disables 3G frequency scanning. This gives less battery consumption. Why the 3G device when I'm not surfing the internet?

I am of the same opinion.
3G can be turned off!

So all the same it is not clear, is it possible on each SIM card only GSM mode to choose without 3G? This is, for example, if the 3G network is unstable in some place and it is better to stay on the same network.
rusmirz
Message#11
02.10.12, 15:13
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 944
Check in: 31.10.11
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 3/32

Sanya85 @ 10/02/2012, 16:03*
To download an antitude, you need to register in "Google"? (To use the market)

well, why ... here on the forum there isAnTutu System Benchmark
and it weighs only 2.63 meters. here is the direct linkhttp: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&id=1984627&dlsess=5a6a3370d61faaf4090c4730fd9c7808

Post has been editedrusmirz - 02.10.12, 15:14
rusmirz
Message#12
02.10.12, 16:51
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 944
Check in: 31.10.11
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 3/32

Nik_v @ 10/02/2012, 17:33*
Quote ([email protected], 17:09) *
It is necessary to return to the factory settings and calibrate for a new battery.
I read a lot but I don’t know how to do it

try to calibrate with this animal® Battery Calibration
or this® SystemToolbox
wms
Message#13
03.10.12, 08:38
a guest
[offline]

Messages 5
Check in: 09.03.09
HP iPAQ rx3715

I add my 2 drops, maybe someone wrote, but I’m not particularly interested to watch 14 pages discussing the radiation of flying saucers and its effect on the 25th generation that I have, so I ask the administrator to add a section to the header - TIPS.
Tip 1 - immediately after purchasing the device (or with it) buy an SDHC card (I have a Sandisk 32 Gb, class 10 for 950 rubles) and insert it into the device.
After installation (you can also insert it on the included device, the location allows it) you must restart the phone (if it is inserted on the included one)
and it will automatically remount the native / mnt / sdcard and new / mnt / sdcard2.
Initially, in / mnt / sdcard - 1.5 GB of native Flash is mounted, and the inserted card is mounted as / mnt / sdcard2.
After rebooting the device, they switch places and the next software installation takes place on a large inserted card, without any shamanism.
If you first use the phone without an additional SD card, then some applications will store their settings on / mnt / sdcard, and therefore, after installing a new card, you may lose some data. For example - the Yandex Map cache after installing an additional card and automatically remounting it, starts to be stored on the new card.
The old cache remains just garbage taking up space :-).
Applications installed on the card - after remounting it takes normally (most likely it just uses the PATH variable :-))

Posted on 10/03/2012, 08:38:

Guys, put the program Elixir from the market, there is a section of sensors. It is there that you yourself receive answers to your questions - very simply and without disputes and arguments.
The device has a total of 4 sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor well, and Microphone.
andrewnik2140
Message#14
03.10.12, 11:35
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 02.09.11
Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

When buying, you can check the broken pixels as follows:
When the phone is turned off, hold down the "volume -" and "power", when turned on, simultaneously release (switch to test mode).
Navigate the menu --- "volume -" and "volume +".
The choice is the middle touch button (house).
Cancel --- left touch button (back arrow).

Select Item Test (goes to the next window).
Select Backlight Level (goes to the next window).
Select Show Test Images (the screen will turn red).
"Volume -" --- enumerating colors and showing photos.
nik_v
Message#15
03.10.12, 22:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 564
Check in: 05.02.09
Philips Xenium W732

There is an entrance to the "Engineering menu".
no description yet
To enter, dial the number * # * # 3646633 # * # *

before that change, remember what it was.
or as in the saying - "... works, do not touch, let them work."
: D
tr8
Message#16
06.10.12, 01:55
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Check in: 30.01.09
LG G2

I bought my wife. Long doubted because of the size. I hope to get used ...

A few notes:

1. Sockets / covers
They come in a set of dark gray and dark pink (it is still not red, whatever one may say). They are soft touch, i.e. not glossy and, as it were, not very slippery, but for example on the LG Optimus One soft touch the coating is much more rubber and not slippery than on the w732.

2. Protective film
It is in the bundle, but initially it was not at its best, it was not possible to glue it perfectly. Some specks of dust fell, or they were on it even initially.

3. Flashlight
The flash can be used as a flashlight using ordinary applications from Google Play, but it is so weak that there will be little sense from it as a flashlight.

Below are two points that youuse at your own risk!!! Be careful and do not do that, the meaning of which you do not understand!

4. Test engineering menu (neatly using)
You can get into it if you turn on the phone while simultaneously holding the lower volume button and on. A huge number of different tests, there are simple and clear, but there are quite specific.
Holding the lower volume button and pressing the power switch, hold until the test menu opens. Moving through the menu - the volume buttons. The choice of the menu item is the "Home" button (lower central under the screen, the house which). Backward from the items - the "Back" button (lower left under the screen).

With a wrap film, for example, could not pass the test Touch Panel ->Sensitivity, it is felt when using the phone sometimes. At first it seemed to me that this was not. We will look further.

5. Recovery Menu (be careful !!!)
How to get - switching on with the upper volume button held down.
A robot with open entrails appears. Click "Home" (lower center).
We fall into the recovery menu. Recovery rather miserable compared to normal, but at least something.
Moving through the menu - the volume buttons. Selecting an item is the "Menu" button (lower right).

In this menu recovery, you can roll up updates, do a full reset or reset only the cache, you can make a backup (my body is hanging) or restore it from the backup.

Post has been editedtr8 - 06.10.12, 01:58

--------------------
LG G2 (d802) CM13 Nightly
borisstone
Message#17
07.10.12, 08:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 642
Check in: 05.01.10
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) SM-A750FZ

Vladiry @ 10/07/2012, 01:09*
Help with one question. Nowhere can I find an intelligible answer, where to write birthdays, they seem to write that it is possible, but there is no such field and not to add it. There are only widget options for displaying birthdays.

Go to the Google Calendar from the computer>>>Settings>Calendars>Other calendars>View interesting calendars>Additionally>Birthdays and events contacts.>>>Click the Subscribe button. After that, just synchronize the calendar on the device. Enjoy!

--------------------
Samsung SM-A750, Xiaomi Mi A1, Nexus4 lineage os 14
avir2005
Message#18
07.10.12, 22:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 183
Check in: 18.09.08
Bluboo Xtouch

Tell me how to remove the program that I installed myself? Another question is why when installing does not ask where to install?
Sanya85
Message#19
07.10.12, 22:37
User
[offline]

Messages 95
Check in: 26.09.12

Tell me how to remove the program that I installed myself?

right key, application, click the right, delete.
Vladiry
Message#20
07.10.12, 22:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 429
Check in: 11.09.07
Philips Xenium W6610

Another question is why when installing does not ask where to install?

Long tap on the prog and it becomes possible to transfer to SD, also back. The default really puts on the phone.
sinur2104
Message#21
08.10.12, 10:32
Connoisseur of life
[offline]

Messages 802
Check in: 02.11.06
Asus ZenFone 5 ZE620KL

Andy500,
Andrew,
do not argue, both of you are right, becauseTFT (Thin Film Transistors)- LCD type, in the active matrix of which, thin-film transparent transistors are used. that is, below the surface of the screen is a layer of thin-film transistors, each of which controls one point of the screen. Thus, in the color display of the phone, their number can reach several tens or even hundreds of thousands.
The principle of operation of the TFT-matrix is ​​to control the intensity of the light flux by using its polarization. The change of the polarization vector is carried out by liquid crystals depending on the electric field applied to them. For each pixel there are three transistors, each of which corresponds to one of three RGB colors and a capacitor that supports the required voltage.
TFT matrices have accelerated the display, but there are still problems, such as color reproduction, viewing angles, as well as dead pixels - when the transistor fails. To combat the distortion of colors when changing the review along the vertical, two methods were developed:MVA (Multi Domain Alignment)- i.e. In this method, the working cell was divided into two zones that are controlled simultaneously, but the LCDs in each of them are oriented differently. But the problem was solved not all the same, the method of rotating the LCD in one planeIPS (In-Plane Switching)turned out to be more successful in terms of overall color rendering and especially in the display of dark tones. In this method, control electrodes are placed on one surface in such a way that the lines of force of the arising electric field take on a horizontal shape. When the control voltage is applied, the LCDs unfold in one plane. The locked cell of the IPS panel transmits much less light than the MVA cell, and the overall transfer characteristic looks more smoothly and without dips. Further improvement of this technology has created a familyS-IPS, SFT, A-SFT and SA-SFT.

In short,IPSis a typeTFTmatrices. Really in the 732th IPS matrix is ​​worth.

Post has been editedsinur2104 - 08.10.12, 10:33

--------------------
Who does not work, he is not mistaken.

241 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/19/19, 08:21