Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setting and problems with Wi-Fi | [Problem] to discuss the problems with Wi-Fi

Rep: (855)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setup and problems with Wi-Fi
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Firmware Cyanogen (Mod) 9 пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
Useful topics

Methods of transmission data with BB and from the unit (not including KIES)
Dropbox - a program to sync your files online in all of your computers.
Put your files in your Dropbox folder on one of your computer and they will automatically appear on all your other computers on which you just installed Dropbox (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!). You can even install Dropbox on your smartphone or other mobile ustroysva (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry). All files in your Dropbox folder are also available through the Dropbox website.
With DropBox, you are always in sync!
Let's say you make changes to the document from the Dropbox folder and as soon as you click Save, Dropbox automatically synchronizes this file with all computers and mobile devices. It’s like you’ve saved a document on all computers at once. This gives you the freedom to choose where to work and have the necessary files everywhere.Download to your computer.
Awesome drop - a way to transfer a file over the Internet without the aid of wires, install special programs on the PC, in general, does not require. Need a browser on a PC, go to the browser http://labs.dashwire.com , Store 4 numbers that are out there and you can see the program on Android enter them. In the Open box in your browser, drag the files you want to copy.
WiFi File Explorer - c this program you can view and download files from your device with other smartphones and computers. To do this, just go through any web browser on IP, specified in the program. It must be carried out only one condition - the two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. WiFi File Explorer allows you to download photos, videos, music and other files from your SD-card of your device to another phone or PC without wires and at a speed greater than the speed of Bluetooth-connection.
Wireless File Transfer - the program allows you to share files over Wi-Fi between smartphones or PCs.
EStrongs File Explorer - free file manager that allows you to copy, move, delete files, displaying a preview, use the multi-selection of files, edit text files, search for files, decompress zip, rar -arhivy, manage files on FTP, access to computer files, manage files via bluetooth , send files via existing customers (Facebook, Twitter, BFT, Hancend SMS, GMail, etc.).

Important: Solution Wi-Fi problems, which with some SIM cards refuses to connect to the access points in the 802.11n standard and 5GHz frequency.

Due to an error in translation, Wi-fi settings in "Do not disconnect from the wi-fi in sleep mode" is recommended to use the "Always".
teddy02 @ 23.08.2012, 01:06*
In my experience:
As for "always" and "never."

In "Always" Wi Fi is constantly active. When I get to the house, the body in sleep mode connect to my point automatically. Connection occurs even if I had previously been in the 3G internet mode.

In the "Never" after locking Wi Fi phone still works for some time (about 15 minutes after falling asleep). Only then Wi Fi is turned off. Apparently this is done in order to avoid constant on / off Wi Fi during a short sleep. If the device is in the mobile Internet, he turns instead of Wi Fi after 15 minutes of waiting in the sleep mode.
dr_grip @ 06.05.2013, 21:35*
Many of us have to solve certain problems with the power on the phone. Despite claims by some users that the wifi does not affect the phone's power consumption, I can say with confidence that the wifi module really much spending our battery. The phone's settings tab has a "Wifi", press the left soft key, turn on the "Advanced" tab, then under "do not disconnect from wifi" select "never". (Some firmware must be selected "always") After selecting the item, the wifi module will be switched off automatically 15 minutes after switching the phone to sleep mode. However, some applications do not give the phone from going to sleep, and therefore enabled wifi module clock. These programs include "OpenID", "Classmates", "Mail" (Mail), "Viber", etc. To be able to transfer the phone to sleep mode you need to enter in the settings and remove the check mark in paragraphs notification. In particular, in paragraphs "Push-notification", "Manner", "alert", "Wifi - policies standby", etc. Do not declare that discovered America, a lot about it and so know, but when faced the problem in the search for applications that do not allow to go into sleep mode wifi module, no one could help me.

For those who have problems with wi-fi on firmware 4.1.2

Before publishing pictures, please read: How to work with the photos on the forum!

Topic with no curator. On filling caps please click through to a complaint by a moderator.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.05.13, 20:47
Reason for editing: quote on energy consumption

Rep: (43)
5G normally works on Runoff

Router asus rt-n56u
On 2,4g outputs 72mb, i.e. N mode works, and works fine

Post has been editedMController - 12.07.12, 06:52

Rep: (31)
At least 300 Mbit / s. What's next? ADSL-2? :]

Rep: (1388)
ATSerg @ 12.07.2012, 04:38*
it looks like you have bits and therefore it is a regular G, and not N.

G>26 does not give

Rep: (84)
Too shy to ask, why did the people on the PDA are on WiFi speed need ???? Type, a total of 54 Mb / s, fierce pichalka ...
You are going to use the handheld as a home NAS-server and drag him over WiFi vysokobitreytny BD content?
Disconnect in 802.11n configuration, if the firmware enables sense from it at such a zero device, a battery as an elephant eats brooms.

ATSerg @ 12.07.2012, 06:38*
so do not write speed. it is not clear that it is the bytes or bits.
it looks like you have bits and therefore it is a regular G, and not N.

This is exactly the bits as you may guess. If Speediest on the wafer showed 50MB / s, I'm not looking at your wire on a wafer vary.
And yet, yes, this is clearly 802.11n, because, as noted correctlydima8389 in this case the question is not about connection speed and data transfer speed, since the measurement is made using SpeedTest and 802.11g longer 22-25 Mb / s will not pass overhead on large overhead and error correction

Rep: (9)
MController @ 12.07.2012, 06:42*
Router asus rt-n56u
On 2,4g outputs 72mb, i.e. N mode works, and works fine

Be kind enough to install from the Market (free) programku WiFi Analyzer, there select the tab "the AP list" and place a screenshot pliz. We'll see at what frequency the phone is connected.
Well, just the same, if possible, a screenshot with the speed of runoff WiFi settings.

I do not believe that the phone can be different!

Rep: (14)
MrMikeSv @ 12.07.2012, 09:09*
Too shy to ask, why did the people on the PDA are on WiFi speed need ???? Type, a total of 54 Mb / s, fierce pichalka ...
You are going to use the handheld as a home NAS-server and drag him over WiFi vysokobitreytny BD content?
Disconnect in 802.11n configuration, if the firmware enables sense from it at such a zero device, a battery as an elephant eats brooms.

Absolutely right in the hole !!! And while all are silent about the speed of incoming traffic from the provider ...))))) And there is not always the speed of which they claim. And then the whole discussion is direct divorced. I understand discuss operating speed via GSM channel. And then-then what to discuss? Each has its own speed provider. Each router is a limit speed. We're about the firmware SGS III or talking about surfing speeds via Wi-Fi ?????

Rep: (2524)
MrMikeSv, xsyt,
Here it is for the convenience of sharing large files with homemade and local to ftp servers, without wires ...

Post has been editedA.S._id - 12.07.12, 10:10

A.S._id @ 12.07.2012, 11:08*
MrMikeSv, xsyt,
Here it is for the convenience of sharing large files with homemade and local to ftp servers, without wires ...

Tell me honestly, are you so often exchange large files with your household and the provider of the server name to the handheld? file size of 1 GB, even on the standard G shaken for 5 minutes, for any problems to be solved on the PDA, this is not enough ???? I do not understand...

Rep: (591)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 10:53*
Be kind enough to install from the Market (free) programku WiFi Analyzer, there select the tab "the AP list" and place a screenshot pliz. We'll see at what frequency the phone is connected.
Well, just the same, if possible, a screenshot with the speed of runoff WiFi settings.

to health
Attached Image
Attached Image

maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 10:53*

Phones are the same, different hands

Rep: (192)
MrMikeSv @ 12.07.2012, 08:09*

What a stupid assaults? Speed ​​is necessary in the first place because sometimes we have to shift data from a home computer, and too lazy to stick wires and secondly because this mode works with all the other cheaper devaysa and would have on such an expensive toy to work.

pANd4 @ 12.07.2012, 10:26*

And in my opinion this is outright rudeness. The problem is clearly widespread, and it is associated with SGS 3, for exactly the same hands, all other devices in N mode work. So I would ask the filter market.

Post has been editedviewer2007 - 12.07.12, 10:33

Rep: (249)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 08:53*

Also as there are different. The manufacturer is not obliged to do absolutely all phones are the same and depending on the situation without warning can collect them from a variety of components. Open at least a branch chambers, where there is information about two completely different camera modules installed in sgs3 without any dependence.
And specifically on the Wi-Fi I lpisal in discussing a long time ago that I personally endured nandroid backup sgs3 from one to another, exactly the same, with the same firmware and other things. Thereafter vayfay was constantly losing signal. And in what he did not take a backup from another sgs3 - everything works and vayfay not. We had to do a reset and customize the new one.

Rep: (50)
xsyt @ 12.07.2012, 15:03*
Quote (MrMikeSv @ 12.07.2012, 09:09)
Absolutely right in the hole !!! And while all are silent about the speed of incoming traffic from the provider ...))))) And there is not always the speed of which they claim. And then the whole discussion is direct divorced. I understand discuss operating speed via GSM channel. And then-then what to discuss? Each has its own speed provider. Each router is a limit speed. We're about the firmware SGS III or talking about surfing speeds via Wi-Fi ?????

IP TV, movies with networked storage, torrent. Ftp server from the phone. That's what. Sin to use such power only to send text messages and photos. I personally have long ago moved to the N, and I do not like that the phone does not work correctly in this range. So discussion of this issue is overdue. A long supported providers such rate, at least in our city (Krasnoyarsk).

pANd4 @ 12.07.2012, 10:26*

pANd4, Thanks for the screenshots!
But it is clear that the compound is at 5GHz.
And it is possible to convert the router to 2.4GHz and have the same operation?
I would argue that in the 2.4 GHz band has N rises.

Rep: (1564)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 12:42*

Well, why not? I have a router dir-300 only supports 2.4 GHz but the phone with firmware runs LFB c it perfectly.

Exposure withWikipedia:

... The frequency range and operating restrictions vary across countries. In many European countries are allowed two additional channels, which are banned in the United States; In Japan, there is another channel in the top of the range, while other countries, such as Spain, prohibit the use of low-frequency channel. Moreover, some countries, such as Russia, Belarus and Italy, require the registration of all Wi-Fi networks, working outdoors, or require registration of Wi-Fi-operator.

Not your case?

Rep: (591)

the dispute did not wait (
Attached Image
Attached Image

pANd4, Thank you for the screenshots.
I sprinkle my head with ashes.
Now certainly I can not understand anything. To my DIR-615 access point (2.4GHz only) to connect to the N range GALAXY NOTE and laptop without problems.
A SGS III only G, in the N range is simply not connected. Although the network sees.

How to check, WiFi module is a cost? There are some prog?

Probably really need to create a thread for WiFi.

Rep: (10)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 13:03*
To my point of access DIR-615 (2.4GHz only)

I dir-655 (also 2.4 ONLY) - no problem clinging N

Rep: (0)
about wifi / N and LFB
those who say that they have such a bunch of work, you do not stock the core, right?
if there is a stock kernel and csc LFB LFB is no wifi / N will not, it is such a "feature" of the firmware
and run to change the phone is not necessary, it is not a marriage, and the router also does not need to break, you just need to wait for a new firmware :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/07/20, 7:13