Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setting and problems with Wi-Fi | [Problem] to discuss the problems with Wi-Fi

Rep: (855)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setup and problems with Wi-Fi
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Firmware Cyanogen (Mod) 9 пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
Useful topics

Methods of transmission data with BB and from the unit (not including KIES)
Dropbox - a program to sync your files online in all of your computers.
Put your files in your Dropbox folder on one of your computer and they will automatically appear on all your other computers on which you just installed Dropbox (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!). You can even install Dropbox on your smartphone or other mobile ustroysva (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry). All files in your Dropbox folder are also available through the Dropbox website.
With DropBox, you are always in sync!
Let's say you make changes to the document from the Dropbox folder and as soon as you click Save, Dropbox automatically synchronizes this file with all computers and mobile devices. It’s like you’ve saved a document on all computers at once. This gives you the freedom to choose where to work and have the necessary files everywhere.Download to your computer.
Awesome drop - a way to transfer a file over the Internet without the aid of wires, install special programs on the PC, in general, does not require. Need a browser on a PC, go to the browser http://labs.dashwire.com , Store 4 numbers that are out there and you can see the program on Android enter them. In the Open box in your browser, drag the files you want to copy.
WiFi File Explorer - c this program you can view and download files from your device with other smartphones and computers. To do this, just go through any web browser on IP, specified in the program. It must be carried out only one condition - the two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. WiFi File Explorer allows you to download photos, videos, music and other files from your SD-card of your device to another phone or PC without wires and at a speed greater than the speed of Bluetooth-connection.
Wireless File Transfer - the program allows you to share files over Wi-Fi between smartphones or PCs.
EStrongs File Explorer - free file manager that allows you to copy, move, delete files, displaying a preview, use the multi-selection of files, edit text files, search for files, decompress zip, rar -arhivy, manage files on FTP, access to computer files, manage files via bluetooth , send files via existing customers (Facebook, Twitter, BFT, Hancend SMS, GMail, etc.).

Important: Solution Wi-Fi problems, which with some SIM cards refuses to connect to the access points in the 802.11n standard and 5GHz frequency.

Due to an error in translation, Wi-fi settings in "Do not disconnect from the wi-fi in sleep mode" is recommended to use the "Always".
teddy02 @ 23.08.2012, 01:06*
In my experience:
As for "always" and "never."

In "Always" Wi Fi is constantly active. When I get to the house, the body in sleep mode connect to my point automatically. Connection occurs even if I had previously been in the 3G internet mode.

In the "Never" after locking Wi Fi phone still works for some time (about 15 minutes after falling asleep). Only then Wi Fi is turned off. Apparently this is done in order to avoid constant on / off Wi Fi during a short sleep. If the device is in the mobile Internet, he turns instead of Wi Fi after 15 minutes of waiting in the sleep mode.
dr_grip @ 06.05.2013, 21:35*
Many of us have to solve certain problems with the power on the phone. Despite claims by some users that the wifi does not affect the phone's power consumption, I can say with confidence that the wifi module really much spending our battery. The phone's settings tab has a "Wifi", press the left soft key, turn on the "Advanced" tab, then under "do not disconnect from wifi" select "never". (Some firmware must be selected "always") After selecting the item, the wifi module will be switched off automatically 15 minutes after switching the phone to sleep mode. However, some applications do not give the phone from going to sleep, and therefore enabled wifi module clock. These programs include "OpenID", "Classmates", "Mail" (Mail), "Viber", etc. To be able to transfer the phone to sleep mode you need to enter in the settings and remove the check mark in paragraphs notification. In particular, in paragraphs "Push-notification", "Manner", "alert", "Wifi - policies standby", etc. Do not declare that discovered America, a lot about it and so know, but when faced the problem in the search for applications that do not allow to go into sleep mode wifi module, no one could help me.

For those who have problems with wi-fi on firmware 4.1.2

Before publishing pictures, please read: How to work with the photos on the forum!

Topic with no curator. On filling caps please click through to a complaint by a moderator.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.05.13, 20:47
Reason for editing: quote on energy consumption

Rep: (2)
by the way, and I do not konekt 5G, N connects but neither wants to 5 G, although after buying the device connects perfectly, then flashed and changed LF5 regisona and 5G code no longer see at all, put CWM_WiFi_Enable does not help ((

What's not clear

Rep: (6)
Which just is not firmware probyvali N does not work, but Patsykiv took the body went another Dir 300 - 65-72Mbps speed, but with all this new laptop is connected by N, mystic pancake: help:
And dear prompt may be the same barcode on karobka two bodies.?

Rep: (9)
ATSerg, Friends, need to find a pattern. If any of the N unit does not work - you need to understand on what and why.
I'm a terrible perfectionist, everything must be perfect, I have this problem can be reduced with the mind. Today, it just will not sleep, to the delight of the trolls.

Posted 11-07-2012, 22:01:

motsart @ 11.07.2012, 21:54*
65-72Mbps speed

motsart, if such speed - this is N. The "Patsykiv" your phone to the DIR-300 hitched?

Posted 11-07-2012, 22:02:

I have a DIR-615, connects to the N range, all but SGS III.

He said to the Dir 300, did not see, I'll try tomorrow he'll still go and see another Patsykiv he Dir 615
While zero shifts: help:
Really fucking body on quality so you do not want to change, but ............. ????????????

Post has been editedmotsart - 11.07.12, 22:09

Rep: (44)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 02:02*
If any of the N unit does not work - you need to understand on what and why.

I here read somewhere about the fact that Russia banned N standard. Therefore, in the apparatus for Rosiii he is "locked" in the smartphone.

maximusim @ 11.07.2012, 22:10*
I here read somewhere about the fact that Russia banned N standard. Therefore, in the apparatus for Rosiii he is "locked" in the smartphone.

We put: England, Ukraine, etc. until zero shifts - two bodies: yes2:: help:
hotfix is ​​also not what is not given

Post has been editedmotsart - 11.07.12, 22:17

Rep: (192)
ALEKS_MOTO @ 11.07.2012, 14:10*
On any set and stock and kastomnye.Soedinyat protocol only G (54Mbps)

maxkamis @ 11.07.2012, 20:08*
When the router is translating only in N mode - SGS III is not even connected. A laptop and SGN normal work.
The box MAde in VIETNAM by SAMSUNG.

Similar garbage. Build Vietnam. Or rather what was left of it after display replacement.

Situation 1: 1, all the devices operate in N, and SGS3 no. Vietnam can build defective?

assasa @ 11.07.2012, 15:43*
Tip - try disabling \ change the type of encryption, if not help - to replace the router, they are now worth a penny. (Or replace the device, but IMHO it is more difficult)

Normal router still does not worth a penny, and the main thing is no guarantee it will work. And more importantly, a glitch will not be lost in any other place may again get out.

ALEKS_MOTO @ 11.07.2012, 15:31*
assasa.
I see, thank you, ubedilsya.Mozhet tell me why the other does not connect?

Can gather statistics on the minimum router? DIR-655, SGS3 in N is not connected in any.

ATSerg @ 11.07.2012, 16:15*
I see here is not up to date, in 9100 the branch all already know about it:

Moreover, does it? I and 2.4 does not want to be connected.

Post has been editedviewer2007 - 11.07.12, 23:06

Rep: (1388)
viewer2007,
motsart,
Region must be changed, not the firmware.

dima8389 @ 11.07.2012, 22:45*
motsart, Region must be changed, not the firmware.

Excuse me where in the router or in the body, if you can poke a finger:? Thank_you:: help:

Rep: (2)
motsart @ 11.07.2012, 22:56*
Excuse me where in the router or in the body? If you can poke a finger

change in the body region

tyts

Post has been editedBorman1 - 11.07.12, 23:37

Rep: (2524)
dima8389 @ 11.7.2012, 23:45*
viewer2007,
motsart,
Region must be changed, not the firmware.

Well, not only in some routers range it is generally closed, but there is an alternate router firmware, but even there you have to pay for unlocking option, not much, but still ...
it is called - super channel
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

Post has been editedA.S._id - 11.07.12, 23:58

Rep: (19)
for statistics:
(SER Russian region) stands the English language
router
Dvudiapazonki:
TRENDnet TEW-673GRU
DIR-825
on 2.4GHz- 38-65 Mbps
at 5GHz - 135 - 150 Mbps

odnodiapazonki
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND proschivka openwrt
Asus w500 - ask of enthusiasts
45-65Mbps depending on the distance

N Keeps stably at 5GHz
at 2.4GHz in N range not CONNECT

Post has been editedIgrek - 12.07.12, 00:14

Rep: (19)
dimedrol84 @ 12.07.2012, 01:13*
Another question was Ruth, according to the instructions. In rekaveri meter folded, but in the "Phone" =>"State" last line changed.
What to do?

no steam. need to return to the factory without root .. put a drain. everything will be OK

Posted 12-07-2012, 00:19:

dimedrol84 @ 12.07.2012, 01:13*
I have to do to earn the 5GHz?

I have worked with simple settings
WPA2 Only
AES
802.11n only

Post has been editedIgrek - 12.07.12, 00:32

Rep: (18)
I should not have campaign confuse with these frequencies, 72 or my speed.

Post has been editeddimedrol84 - 12.07.12, 02:00

My Router Dir-615 does not support the 5GHz mode only 2.4GHz. Can SGS III in N range is only
at 5GHz?
Friends who works, you can check out?

Rep: (129)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 05:11*
My Router Dir-615 does not support the 5GHz mode only 2.4GHz. Can SGS III in N range is only
at 5GHz?
Friends who works, you can check out?

Well Huawei (MTS ordinary wi-fi router) prekrastno works as means from other providers. But here N or 5GHz Do not know where to look, but the netbook and laptop and SGS2 not taken quickly 1Mbit through this router (sounds like a he) with inscriptions such as 54Mbps, and took about 3-4Mbit with a PC (Win 7 worth + Connectify for distribution as the router + easy wi-fi card for the cheap-350r).
Hawk17 @ 12.07.2012, 01:14*
Hold CF_Root_SGS3_v6.4.zip (8.46 MB) Max downloads: 1

Huge ATP, and that without it in any way.

Post has been editedlaschenkov - 12.07.12, 05:04

Rep: (142)
maxkamis, I Dir 615 and with him sgs3 great friends. Speed ​​test gives up to 50 Mb / s

partyman @ 12.07.2012, 05:01*
I Dir 615 and with him sgs3 great friends. Speed ​​test gives up to 50 Mb / s

partyman, A screenshot can lay out your connection speed? Fiction does not happen ...
A DIR-615 you what? I HW B2.

Rep: (142)
maxkamis, that's what speedtest in extreme times issued on galaxy s3, on 4pda something does not upload images servaka an error ...

Post has been editedpartyman - 12.07.12, 05:27

Rep: (619)
partyman @ 12.07.2012, 08:01*
I Dir 615 and with him sgs3 great friends. Speed ​​test gives up to 50 Mb / s

so do not write speed. it is not clear that it is the bytes or bits.
it looks like you have bits and therefore it is a regular G, and not N.

Posted 12-07-2012, 5:38:

partyman @ 12.07.2012, 08:26*
that's what speedtest in extreme times issued on galaxy s3, on 4pda something does not upload images servaka an error ...

of information for everyone: that would see the connection speed is enough to just go to the properties of the current connection, through the settings vayfay, everything is there.

Post has been editedAtserg - 12.07.12, 05:39

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 29/07/20, 15:16